• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Will you be going out to eat?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Last night we hosted dinner at our home for the last time until this thing is under control. We decided this morning that we are suspending house cleaning services. We may be eating more or all lunches at home starting from today. Time will tell on that as my husband likes having lunch outside our home each day.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Last night we hosted dinner at our home for the last time until this thing is under control. We decided this morning that we are suspending house cleaning services. We may be eating more or all lunches at home starting from today. Time will tell on that as my husband likes having lunch outside our home each day.
My other half also likes having lunch out. I always say when I get it, it will be because he brings it home. Meanwhile I am trying to ramp up my cooking to his favorites to entice him to stay home.

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
Although we eat out very little (maybe once a month for lunch), we may not have a choice. Our county has prohibited 'gatherings' >50 people. There were no details in the email from the county alert system, but I assume that would also mean restaurants. Any gatherings 10-50 people have to meet certain requirements including the 6 foot distance. I'm sure we'll have more clarity in the next few days.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately we thought it was best not to go to a cousin's wedding....hundreds of people. Don't know how many cancelled. They did try to cancel/postpone.

Maybe ordering food and picking it up or having it delivered - might not be 100% safe but limiting being around other people and touching a thousand surfaces. Just another option until we are in complete lockdown.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
On the Portland Oregon News many Restaurants having hugh down turns and laying off staff. Some have started delivery services. We are not going out. We only go to grocery store for essential - fresh fruit and vegetables.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
On the Portland Oregon News many Restaurants having hugh down turns and laying off staff. Some have started delivery services. We are not going out. We only go to grocery store for essential - fresh fruit and vegetables.
That mirrors our thinking at present as well.
On a trip to the store yesterday, I noted far less produce than usual for a Saturday morning BUT still a good amount to choose from. At 10:00 am, the store looked like I would expect it to around 5:00 pm on a Saturday.
Now the meat section.......very sparse.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Tomorrow, we're going to Texas Roadhouse.
I have an expiring coupon for a free "sidekick" of ribs.
I wanna use it while they're still open.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Illinois and another state closing or restricting bars and restaurants

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Local Facebook link says Mayor Garcetti is closing Los Angeles restaurants and bars after tonight. Food can still be picked up. When we were at Marie Callendar's to pick up corned beef & cabbage and key lime pie to take to Mom & Dad earlier this evening, there was already no one eating in but several of us picking up and a couple phone orders came in while we waited.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
I'm glad we got to go out yesterday for my son's 30th birthday dinner, 2 days before state ordered closing of in-restaurant dining.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am going to Fresh Market early this morning to pick up a couple of $20 meal deals for four (4).

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
NYC just closed all restaurants and bars except delivery services! Can you imagine?!

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
NYC just closed all restaurants and bars except delivery services! Can you imagine?!

Food service workers throughout the nation will be hurting financially.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
No more eating out in restaurant for us. We ate at a restaurant Sat at outside table that had just been sprayed with disinfectant this weekend picking up kid's college dorm items. DH might get drive thru for a few more days. We are in unprecedented times-save the 1918 Flu. Then, cities that took steps and social distanced fared much better than those that did not. We are now in a much more connected world, even physically. So, it's likely behavior in one city will eventually affect another.
We ask ourselves for each trip "will this help, hurt, or be neutral for flattening the curve?" We are cancelling our even small social gatherings of 3 couples next week as well.

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, it looks like the decision to eat at restaurants has been made for us by the governor with his closing of themhere in Connecticut.

I'm ok with it even though we would have continued to eat out once a week.

A morning talk show host out of NYC suggested that NY'ers could dine in CT.
Being next to NY has been a problem for us. Our early cases were related to NY. It's probably best to discourage unnecessary travel for awhile.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Bars and restaurants closed in Washington as well. Takeout and delivery only. We don't use restaurants very often, but will start doing more takeout as a small way to support a very hard hit industry.

Did takeout for lunch today.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Not that we eat out anyway, but won’t be able to now. And there goes our sons’ weekend job and hobby.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
No one in the SF Bay Area and possibly other areas in California will be going anywhere. Mandatory shelter in place in SF Bay Area begins tomorrow for at least the next 3 weeks.