• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What's your Avatar?

mentalbreak

TUG Member
Reaction score
My avatar is a design from a midwest screen printing shop.
They create lots of fun up-to-the-minute current event items. Check them out if you have a 2020 grad gift in your life.
And wave the next time you fly over on your timesharing adventures.

727AAC62-640C-40B0-9946-4E757B7BB215.png
3D60BA8F-1F00-475A-B3F1-AD4B5AC6F32A.jpeg

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
It used to make sense to me.

// fill the table with values from the quotes
InvestmentsDataSetTableAdapters.StockQuotesTableAdapter stockQuotesTableAdapter =
new Stock_Market_Simulator.InvestmentsDataSetTableAdapters.StockQuotesTableAdapter();
stockQuotesTableAdapter.Fill(investmentsDataSet.StockQuotes);
foreach (InvestmentsDataSet.StockQuotesRow row in investmentsDataSet.StockQuotes)
{
string symbol = row.StockSymbol.Trim();
if (selectedSymbols.Contains(symbol))
{
if (dtCloseValuesHistory.Rows.Find(row.TradeDate) != null)
{
(dtCloseValuesHistory.Rows.Find(row.TradeDate)).SetField(symbol, row.AdjCloseValue);
}
else
Debug.WriteLine(row.StockSymbol + row.TradeDate); ;
}
}

Makes sense to me. LOL! :D

Dave

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
My avatar is a design from a midwest screen printing shop.
They create lots of fun up-to-the-minute current event items. Check them out if you have a 2020 grad gift in your life.
And wave the next time you fly over on your timesharing adventures.

When I tell people where I'm from (Minnesota), I add that it's so far north, it isn't even flyover country any more!

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
My avatar is Michigan J Frog, from the Warner Brothers cartoons. He was a character that would sing, dance and carry on for the person that found him, but would not make a peep or perform in public. As in introvert my wife used to say i was lot like Michigan J Frog...

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
906 is the area code for my favorite place to be, the UP of Michigan (hence the handle dayooper). A “Yooper” is a resident of the UP or Upper Peninsula of Michigan. By Yooper standards, I would be a troll since I live below (south) of the Mackinac Bridge.

Some of the pretties land I have seen is in the UP:

View attachment 20177View attachment 20178
Havent been up there in a while, i feel a road trip will be in our plans this summer. My brother in law is now a weekend upper, has a retirement home on lake MI US-2.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
My avatar is Michigan J Frog, from the Warner Brothers cartoons. He was a character that would sing, dance and carry on for the person that found him, but would not make a peep or perform in public. As in introvert my wife used to say i was lot like Michigan J Frog...
Everybody, do the vvarsity drag!!!!

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I have dual citizenship. Hence my image depicts that.

Hophop4

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV/Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston;
Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
Mine is a pic I took from hotel in Cozamel several years ago. If you notice the clouds it looks like a dinosaur on a pedestal.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Especially if you are from Pine County ;-)
(Sturgeon Lake is where we often attend mass during the summer.)
There is actually more than one Sturgeon Lake in the state. The one in my avatar is in St. Louis County, north of Hibbing, where my parents came from (I'm from Minneapolis). Nothing between there and the Canadian border but 80 miles of forest and lakes. When I was a kid, my family would rent a cabin for two weeks every summer at nearby Side Lake.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ellen! Hi!
I have thought of you quite a bit....glad to know that you are still feeling well and that the bone marrow transplant did the trick, all those years ago. :)

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There is actually more than one Sturgeon Lake in the state. The one in my avatar is in St. Louis County, north of Hibbing, where my parents came from (I'm from Minneapolis). Nothing between there and the Canadian border but 80 miles of forest and lakes. When I was a kid, my family would rent a cabin for two weeks every summer at nearby Side Lake.
That sounds incredible.

I miss Minnesota. We lived there from '92 - '97 on the north end of the Twin Cities (Lino Lakes).
Home of the sea plane base - and just a beautiful area. I think my favorite trip while we lived there was around the Hastings area along the river...

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
That sounds incredible.

I miss Minnesota. We lived there from '92 - '97 on the north end of the Twin Cities (Lino Lakes).
Home of the sea plane base - and just a beautiful area. I think my favorite trip while we lived there was around the Hastings area along the river...
That sounds really nice where you lived. We lived in Golden Valley and my dad had a boat that we would take out on nearby Lake Minnetonka. Then we would take it up to Side Lake at the cabin. Come to think of it, since it was the 1960s, renting the cabin for two weeks every August was our family's version of "timeshare" before timeshares existed!

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
Mine is a cropped image from a photo I took about 13 years ago. It is a shot of the hotel we stayed at in Nice, France; the Palais de la Méditérranée. It is right on the seafront in Nice and was (and still is) my best upgrade story EVER!!

We were upgraded from a seafront junior suite to the Presidential Suite! It was a magnificent suite of rooms on the top (9th) floor, with a large wrap-around terrace and spectacular vistas along the French coast in both directions. Since we knew we would never get such an opportunity again, we decided to splurge. The hotel had a fabulous kitchen, so we ordered room service for breakfast and dinner each day and dined in style on the terrace overlooking the Côte d'Azur and the Mediterranean Sea. It was a million-dollar view, the best in town and an experience we will always remember.

On a rather bizarre and disturbing historical side note, the area where I was standing when I took that shot, is now infamous for another reason. On the evening of July 14th, 2016, during Fête nationale (Bastille Day) celebrations, a terrorist drove a white cargo truck east along the seafront pedestrian Promenade. He killed and injured hundreds of people before police were able to shoot and kill him. The truck ended up just about where I was standing when I took that shot several years earlier. There but by the Grace of God!! So my avatar is now also a memorial of sorts.

Here is the original image:

Image 10.JPG

And here is the view from the terrace:

Image 8.JPG

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
That sounds incredible.

One thing I can say about living in the Twin Cities, it's great for bicycles. Before the pandemic, I'd ride with a group of fellow retirees every Monday, with a different starting point each week. Rides have been to Lino Lakes, Stillwater, Hastings, Minnetonka, Coon Rapids, the many lakes of downtown Minneapolis, and trails up and down both sides of the Mississippi. If only the summers were longer here. We're looking forward to being able to ride together again, safely.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22

There is also a Sturgeon Lake next door in Ontario! Except it is in southern Ontario, near the town of Lindsay. I spent many fun, summer days there as a boy when my uncle had a cottage there. :thumbup: