• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What's your Avatar?

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
We had a cat like that when I was in high school in Hawaii. Terrified of strangers. Skittish and afraid of her shadow, Blackie lived in the closet in my parent's bedroom most of the time. She and I got along well, and she'd come to me to give her tidbit treats of whatever snack I was eating at the time. I could pet and brush her, and she was very much at ease, until someone else walked into the room. I left home after high school, when Blackie was about three.

Fast forward about fifteen years. I was visiting my by-then-retired parents, who had retired to Oregon. I was sitting on the couch quietly talking to my folks, and suddenly a ragged, very elderly black cat jumped up on the couch and climbed into my lap, mewing into my face. Blackie was at least 18 years old at that point, had lost a lot of hair, and had been "displaced" by the younger cats as the Alpha in the house. She then spent all of her time hiding in the closet, mainly from those other cats. My folks said they hadn't seen her in the living room in months. She was a sweetheart, and we got reacquainted during my visit. She died of old age a month or so later.

Dave

We still had Lucy when we got our newest cat, Mocha. Mocha learned about stranger danger from Lucy, and we always know when someone is in our driveway about to brave our front steps because Mocha skidaddles down the hall to the closet. When JB Orange Cat sees Mocha run and hide he heads for the front door because he's the official greeter cat!

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
This is our big 12 pound cat aka Concord who we rescued from the humane society as a kitten.

Very friendly with strangers and plays with our dog. Best cat we've ever had.

Cool picture. :)

Dave

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Exit 32 is the exit number you take off of I-93 in New Hampshire for the Lincoln/Woodstock area that I consider my 2nd home. It is my go-to location for many trips, both short and long.

You can find this symbol on t-shirts, mugs, magnets, etc to reference the area.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
A Tugger suggested I might use my cat Kai's image as my avatar. I thought that was a great idea, so I did. The dogs are fine, but it was time to give the cat his screen time. :)

This is my wonder cat Kai, a Snowshoe Siamese we adopted from a Seattle cat rescue about four years ago. Awesome kitty, who is kind enough to let us live with him. :)

View attachment 20101

So now I'm really curious about your avatar. Show us your avatar's full image, and tell us what it means to you.

Dave

What a beautiful and unique rescue! Is he outgoing? or shy?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
A Tugger suggested I might use my cat Kai's image as my avatar. I thought that was a great idea, so I did. The dogs are fine, but it was time to give the cat his screen time. :)
This is what happens - when you spent too much time on TUG due to Covid 19
LOL

Very nice looking cat

T- Dot : was an early 2000’s hip hop name for Toronto / these days it is “ The 6 “
courtesy of home-townie Drake . [ Area code 416 ]

Traveller is a legacy (canadian) synonym for road salesperson / my occupation .

Word games.

So I will stick to the “T in the Circle / Dot” - courtesy of TUG’s newest updated format .

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
What a beautiful and unique rescue! Is he outgoing? or shy?

He's a very outgoing guy, highly confident, and bossy as all get out with my two Mini Dachshunds. I make the joke that "he treats them like the chew toys they are." I say he's affectionate on his terms, because he'll come up sometimes and just want his head scratched, or he'll plop down beside me and beg for a belly rub. He loves to be held and petted - sometimes. Other times he'll walk up and claw me for no reason, or he'll stretch out and lay his head on my arm, then bite it. Little bastard. LOL! He's very loving, but can be kind of a jerk sometimes. Impossible to read the body language. I wake up in the morning, and he's curled up next to me on the bed. No idea when he joined me. If I'm sick, he's right there with me, and won't leave me alone. As soon as I'm on my feet, he's off like a shot to check up on the rest of the family. Absolutely classic Siamese behavior. :)

This sounds like his Hollywood biography, but I swear it's true: He was born in a chicken coop on a farm in Eastern Washington, to a domestic housecat mother and a feral Siamese-mix father. He was the prettiest kitten in a litter of four, and by the time they were rounded up and taken to a rescue for fostering, he'd been handled so much (likely because of his coloration), he really trusted people. On the day we adopted him at the Seattle cat rescue, he was in their open-air playroom among about 30 other kittens and young adults. He OWNED the place. No fear, no hesitation. He was all over the place, saying Hi to all the other cats, and making it clear he was the boss. His personality has only gotten stronger. He's devoted, if I have treats, but he's first to remind me if I miss the treat-dispensing time. I swear, this cat can tell time. He's a very, very cool cat. I've never had a cat like this guy. :)

Here are a few more pictures of him, that might show his personality a bit more. (The pictures of him laying on the round carpeted drum thing - it's at the top of a seven foot cat tree, so he's way up in the air. And he's sound asleep in those two images. He likes to play vulture from up there, so he can keep an eye on everything. :) )

Kaipic.jpg

Kai Front.jpeg

Kai Back.jpeg

Kai being crazy.jpeg

As you can tell, I'm pretty smitten with this little guy. :)

Dave

Last edited:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
All you people with cats make me pine for my cats and all cats. We had to put down our 2 beloved cats last year, one in January and the other in Nov. They both suffered from the same illness for about a year each which the vet could not explain why they suffered the same illness in overlapping succession.

Unfortunately I am very allergic to cats and so there won't be anymore cats at home. My doctors empathized with me but also emphasized that I must not have anymore cats.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
All you people with cats make me pine for my cats and all cats. We had to put down our 2 beloved cats last year, one in January and the other in Nov. They both suffered from the same illness for about a year each which the vet could not explain why they suffered the same illness in overlapping succession.

Unfortunately I am very allergic to cats and so there won't be anymore cats at home. My doctors empathized with me but also emphasized that I must not have anymore cats.

Sorry to hear this, and I hope my images haven't bothered you too much. You can pick any you like, and have a virtual cat. If people can virtually adopt elephants and gorillas and dolphins, you should be allowed to adopt a virtual cat. Just don't forget to clean the virtual catbox. :)

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
My wife and I on Oahu after we renewed our vows on our 25th anniversary. That’s over ten years ago already.

Last edited:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this, and I hope my images haven't bothered you too much. You can pick any you like, and have a virtual cat. If people can virtually adopt elephants and gorillas and dolphins, you should be allowed to adopt a virtual cat. Just don't forget to clean the virtual catbox. :)

Dave
Love your cute cat.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
906 is the area code for my favorite place to be, the UP of Michigan (hence the handle dayooper). A “Yooper” is a resident of the UP or Upper Peninsula of Michigan. By Yooper standards, I would be a troll since I live below (south) of the Mackinac Bridge.

Some of the prettiest land I have seen is in the UP:

0242AB44-4F36-4C28-B3C9-8B2F19465FFA.jpeg
83E4D774-A0A9-432F-BE9B-BAE015D7DCDC.jpeg

Last edited:

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
I saw that typo, too and just laughed. Figured the OP would be back to fix it.
I've been typo shamed, and I fixed it. :) Has anyone else found that as they get older, they keep making more typos? I need so much more than a spelling checker.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I've been typo shamed, and I fixed it. :) Has anyone else found that as they get older, they keep making more typos? I need so much more than a spelling checker.

It's not always you, and not necessarily anything you did wrong. If you have a typing mistake, Autocorrect tries to fix your word, often with some very creative words and hilarious results. Mistype the wrong thing, and you could end up revealing the secret of the universe, or something. :)

Dave

Last edited:

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
No shaming intended, just thought it was cute. I typo all the time. Think of it this way you probably type more now than you did when you were younger. :hug

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No shaming intended, just thought it was cute. I typo all the time. Think of it this way you probably type more now than you did when you were younger. :hug
No offense was taken. When I saw the type (typo, see, I did it again), I thought it was funny too. Maybe I don't type enough now. Before I retired, I was a software developer. My theory is that my brain is working faster than my fingers. I used to be able to type 60 mistakes/minute.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
No offense was taken. When I saw the type (typo, see, I did it again), I thought it was funny too. Maybe I don't type enough now. Before I retired, I was a software developer. My theory is that my brain is working faster than my fingers. I used to be able to type 60 mistakes/minute.
See that's it. You used to type nonsensical computer code/commands. That is what I do all day, real words are foreign to my fingers/brain.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
The Tube Station nearest The Allen House. Its also the one I use when I stay in London since the Allen House RTU expired a few years ago. I can find my way around practically to anywhere in London from that location via Tube or Bus.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
See that's it. You used to type nonsensical computer code/commands. That is what I do all day, real words are foreign to my fingers/brain.
It used to make sense to me.

// fill the table with values from the quotes
InvestmentsDataSetTableAdapters.StockQuotesTableAdapter stockQuotesTableAdapter =
new Stock_Market_Simulator.InvestmentsDataSetTableAdapters.StockQuotesTableAdapter();
stockQuotesTableAdapter.Fill(investmentsDataSet.StockQuotes);
foreach (InvestmentsDataSet.StockQuotesRow row in investmentsDataSet.StockQuotes)
{
string symbol = row.StockSymbol.Trim();
if (selectedSymbols.Contains(symbol))
{
if (dtCloseValuesHistory.Rows.Find(row.TradeDate) != null)
{
(dtCloseValuesHistory.Rows.Find(row.TradeDate)).SetField(symbol, row.AdjCloseValue);
}
else
Debug.WriteLine(row.StockSymbol + row.TradeDate); ;
}
}