• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin St John Master Thread - Part 3 [Dec. 2017 and forward]

PainKiller

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ Pool Villa
Grand Luxxe
View attachment 16459
View attachment 16458
This is phase III’s layout; all of building 43 and 44 except 4415.
FYI - I called yesterday Friday to the WSJ to inquire about any unresolved mold issues related to the Pool Villas. I asked for the General Manager and after short wait was transferred to Eugene. I did not get his last name but he was very personable and said all issues related to mold in the Pool Villas had be rectified. Does anyone know who the Mgr. is or Eugene's last name? On a minor note, We've got 4411 but the Master bath toilet and shower area are slightly different than pictured above.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
FYI - I called yesterday Friday to the WSJ to inquire about any unresolved mold issues related to the Pool Villas. I asked for the General Manager and after short wait was transferred to Eugene. I did not get his last name but he was very personable and said all issues related to mold in the Pool Villas had be rectified. Does anyone know who the Mgr. is or Eugene's last name? On a minor note, We've got 4411 but the Master bath toilet and shower area are slightly different than pictured above.

Glad the mold issue has worked out.
I think the letter from HOA posted above has the name for the new GM.

I believe that at the bottom of the villa layouts for Westin Vacation Villas that I have seen have a disclaimer stating that the pictorial representation of the villa layout may be different than shown (or something like that).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
It appears Sunset Bay and Coral Vista phases are 40 year RTU vs the other phases are deeded?? What happens to those SB and CV phases once that 40 years is past? Would it be renewed?

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras

We are at WSJ now. Eugene (Martin??) is the new GM. They had an owner meet the GM breakfast this week. Lemongrass is still being rebuilt and will be contracted out to Longboard once complete, and looks to be almost done. There is also talk of rebuilding the lost lobby building at some point where the sun deck is, but it’s not a high priority. They also said they are still working on the hillside villas mold issue but it’s under control, not yet totally complete. They just brought in 5-6 truck loads of sand and the beach has been rebuilt and looks nice. Everything else seems to be fully functional and the property looks great.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
We are at WSJ now. Eugene (Martin??) is the new GM. They had an owner meet the GM breakfast this week. Lemongrass is still being rebuilt and will be contracted out to Longboard once complete, and looks to be almost done. There is also talk of rebuilding the lost lobby building at some point where the sun deck is, but it’s not a high priority. They also said they are still working on the hillside villas mold issue but it’s under control, not yet totally complete. They just brought in 5-6 truck loads of sand and the beach has been rebuilt and looks nice. Everything else seems to be fully functional and the property looks great.
Any idea if the meet the new GM happens weekly? What day was the meeting? I'm guessing it will be scrapped the week I am there because of the Association meeting is that week. The association meeting was tense last year, with the MF increases I'm guessing it will be worse this year.

Glad to hear the lost lobby building might be rebuilt. Personally I don't care for the sundeck. It looks like a memorial. Which I guess in some respects it is. Also I think a sundeck in the Caribbean is redundant. IMHO ;)

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
It appears Sunset Bay and Coral Vista phases are 40 year RTU vs the other phases are deeded?? What happens to those SB and CV phases once that 40 years is past? Would it be renewed?
Good question. I know the Marriott aruba surf club is a 60 year lease. not Sure what happens.

halsey

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was told on January 20 by the Director of Customer Relations for Marriott that all mold issues were remediated the end of the year. I was specifically asking about building 34 on the hillside as we are returning May 9 for the first time since the hurricanes. I was surprised how quickly issues were addressed as it sounded pretty bad in the report from Phil.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
Glad to hear the lost lobby building might be rebuilt. Personally I don't care for the sundeck. It looks like a memorial. Which I guess in some respects it is.

While on property a few weeks ago, I heard several employees refer to it as the “9/11 memorial.” It does look like one. It’s a complete waste of space, definitely hope they rebuild at some point.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was hoping to get more info on this. It appears Sunset Bay and Coral Vista phases are 40 year RTU vs the other phases are deeded?? What happens to those SB and CV phases once that 40 years is past? Would it be renewed?

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was hoping to get more info on this. It appears Sunset Bay and Coral Vista phases are 40 year RTU vs the other phases are deeded?? What happens to those SB and CV phases once that 40 years is past? Would it be renewed?
I see that you and are are both owners there.
I think @SandyPGravel is going this month. If she goes to an update maybe she can ask. I went to an owners update/ sales meeting in November and they kept telling me that the unsold inventory in Coral Vista and Sunset Bay would be rolled into a “Caribbean Flex”. I called them out on that and they backed down but it will be interesting to see what happens.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Has anyone done an update recently? Is the offer still $125 sand dollars and discounts on cruz bay watersports excursion tickets?

TIA

SRG53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
St John Coral Vista
ST. John Sunset Bay
$125 in sand dollars or Bonvoy pts. We were offered 20,000 pts. Took sand dollars to buy dinner

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Has anyone done an update recently? Is the offer still $125 sand dollars and discounts on cruz bay watersports excursion tickets?

TIA
In November we were offered the two day sails to Lovango and Honeymoon Beach valued at $250.
also offered the evening champagne sail.
Edit. Can’t remember the dollar amount That was offered as this was the better deal by far.

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
VGV Owners - don’t forget to vote.
Not sure if it matters after recent anti-VGV actions by Vistana, but...

I gave my vote to Phil.

Last edited:

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
In which section of WSJ is week 26 platinum? Good friends of mine are there now and her husband made an offer and I’m trying to help them figure out what they are buying (for 6k). I told her to not buy, come home and research. But if they are going to do it anyway I want to help them out. All I know is it’s a 2br week 26 and they said platinum. I asked about star options and they don’t know, and she didn’t know which phase/section. I told them many weeks could be had for free!!!

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Sorry for duplicate post

Last edited:

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Duplicate sorry

Last edited:

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
In which section of WSJ is week 26 platinum? Good friends of mine are there now and her husband made an offer and I’m trying to help them figure out what they are buying (for 6k). I told her to not buy, come home and research. But if they are going to do it anyway I want to help them out. All I know is it’s a 2br week 26 and they said platinum. I asked about star options and they don’t know, and she didn’t know which phase/section. I told them many weeks could be had for free!!!

Check here for season
It would not be Coral Vista or Sunset Bay as these are sold as Home Options not weeks.
Platinum season is 19-33 in Bay Vista. 26 is not Platinum in Virgand Grand (Hillside) Your friend must be negotiating with a private party for that price.

Last edited:

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
If they are buying from the developer most likely they are buying HomeOptions as that’s what they have been selling for the last couple of years and Sunset is the latest development they have to sell. They probably have some Coral to sell but way more Sunset inventory. Both of those are HomeOptions not Deeds.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Can you rescind in the USVI?

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Can you rescind in the USVI?

Yes. In fact I made copies of the documents I needed to mail in at the lobby. I printed the rescission letter at the PC's located in the lobby area. I mailed it from the post office in Cruz Bay. Easy-peasy.

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Yes. In fact I made copies of the documents I needed to mail in at the lobby. I printed the rescission letter at the PC's located in the lobby area. I mailed it from the post office in Cruz Bay. Easy-peasy.

Thank you! I just heard from my friend and they didn’t buy! Thank goodness!

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
OK, I'm going to and owners update on Tuesday morning. If anyone has a question they would like me to ask, please post by Monday night and I'll try and ask the questions.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
OK, I'm going to and owners update on Tuesday morning. If anyone has a question they would like me to ask, please post by Monday night and I'll try and ask the questions.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
We had a post further up the thread about the 40 year RTU and what will happen to unsold inventory under Marriott.
see below.

cubigbird said:
I see that you and are are both owners there.
I think @SandyPGravel is going this month. If she goes to an update maybe she can ask. I went to an owners update/ sales meeting in November and they kept telling me that the unsold inventory in Coral Vista and Sunset Bay would be rolled into a “Caribbean Flex”. I called them out on that and they backed down but it will be interesting to see what happens