• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westin St John Master Thread - Part 3 [Dec. 2017 and forward]

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Thanks for the assessment. That’s sad to see. I wonder if it has anything to do with the competition for labor between the two islands. Maybe some of the best staff has already left to go work on STT and you’re seeing the staff that remains. I know last year the maintenance fee statement specificity cited increases for wage due to competition. Feedback might be worth bringing up to the GM if he’ll listen.
Last visit, the management at WSJ discussed the competition due to the opening of the Westin Frenchman's Reef on STT. It's possible that some of the best staff went there - we ate dinner at the Lunamar restaurant and were quite unimpressed with the wait staff until a couple of evening shift bartenders that knew what they were doing showed up. Not sure how the bar or restaurant service was at WSJ before the hurricanes but the wait staff there has been more attentive to us as diners then we experienced at STT so I don't believe it was a competition issue.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I see from the conversation between @sharr7, @GrayFal, and @wjarcher that Weeks 51 and 52 at the WSJ are not considered event weeks and follow the normal Vistana Home Resort reservation calendar. Did anyone here book Week 53 in 2022 (Dec 31–Jan 7) and if so were you able to use your Platinum Plus Week (or Diamond Home Options)?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
In Virgin Grand, all of the weeks were sold as fixed week, fixed units, including weeks 51 and 52. As a result they don't follow Christmas or New Years. I own a week 51 studio and my week is a Sunday check in (VGV has Friday, Saturday, and Sunday), so I had December 17-24. I was not able to book week 53.

What it says about week 53 in the VSN rules is the following from section 3.1:

In those calendar years when Vacation Period 53 occurs (as defined in the Resort Documents for a given Network Resort), Vacation Period 53 may be reserved for use by the person to whom such use is assigned pursuant to the Network Affiliation Agreement or the Resort Documents. It may also be assigned to an External Exchange Company; however, Vacation Period 53 may not be deposited with the Network, no StarOptions will be assigned to Vacation Period 53, and it may not be converted to Loyalty Program Points.

My understanding is that they never sold any rights to book week 53 at WSJ VGV. I have seen those sorts of rights included with ownership of week 52 at other resorts. Based on the paragraph above, I don't think week 53 ever appears as such in the VSN and the inventory of units with availability during week 53 is considered unsold inventory that the developer can use for whatever purpose it wants (e.g., rental). I haven't combed through the resort documents to deeply to verify all of that, though, but there doesn't seem to be a listing of week 53 in any of the weeks for the seasons at any of the resorts on the StarOptions chart.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I see from the conversation between @sharr7, @GrayFal, and @wjarcher that Weeks 51 and 52 at the WSJ are not considered event weeks and follow the normal Vistana Home Resort reservation calendar. Did anyone here book Week 53 in 2022 (Dec 31–Jan 7) and if so were you able to use your Platinum Plus Week (or Diamond Home Options)?
@mpizza was able to reserve week 52 in Coral Vista using Diamond season HomeOptions. The year she did, she stayed week 52, week 1 using HO from two different years.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
@mpizza was able to reserve week 52 in Coral Vista using Diamond season HomeOptions. The year she did, she stayed week 52, week 1 using HO from two different years.
Thank you!

tborr123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does the bus from the St. Thomas airport to the Westin ferry boat accommodate baby car seats? If not is there an alternative transportation that does? TIA

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Does the bus from the St. Thomas airport to the Westin ferry boat accommodate baby car seats? If not is there an alternative transportation that does? TIA
Suggest you reach out to the concierge at the Westin. We have taken the bus (in November) but we can't recall if there are seat belts.

Mcrobot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea, St. John
Looking for guidance from this group. I own and am trying to book a resale 2BR Bay Vista platinum plus for the first time in Feb 2025. Even at 12am eastern I am getting zero results. And zero results for all of January as well. Is this normal? If so what’s the trick to get a week? When I booked in 2023 for April 2024, there was availability for multiple weeks.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Looking for guidance from this group. I am trying to book a resale 2BR Bay Vista for the first time in Feb 2025 and even at 12am eastern I am getting zero results. And zero results for all of January as well. Is this normal? If so what’s the trick to get a week? When I booked last year for April of this year, there was availability for multiple weeks.
How can you book at 12 months out if all you own is Nanea?

Mcrobot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea, St. John
I own resale 2BR bay vista. Clarified my post.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I own resale 2BR bay vista. Clarified my post.
You may also want to update the Resorts Owned section in your profile. I was looking under your username which led me to think you only owned Nanea.

polly0014

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good morning! Trying to find updated information for transportation. I called the resort and got current pricing for the Westin Ferry. ($130 RT for owners). It's been years since we took the Westin Ferry. They used to transport you from the airport to the dock by Tickles restaurant. Is this still the case or do they take you to catch the westin ferry by red hook? Thanks for any current insight.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Good morning! Trying to find updated information for transportation. I called the resort and got current pricing for the Westin Ferry. ($130 RT for owners). It's been years since we took the Westin Ferry. They used to transport you from the airport to the dock by Tickles restaurant. Is this still the case or do they take you to catch the westin ferry by red hook? Thanks for any current insight.
Redhook

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
Looking for guidance from this group. I own and am trying to book a resale 2BR Bay Vista platinum plus for the first time in Feb 2025. Even at 12am eastern I am getting zero results. And zero results for all of January as well. Is this normal? If so what’s the trick to get a week? When I booked in 2023 for April 2024, there was availability for multiple weeks.
The trick is to keep trying, at midnight, exactly 12 months out. Marriott often fails to load inventory on time so you’ll see no results until some time later, and on other occasions they incorrectly code the Villa finder to hide results from people who in fact have deeded or contracted usage rights. They also seem to gobble up or artificially hold back inventory that owners should have access to. It’s BS but they control all the levers and dials so you have to play by their rules.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
The trick is to keep trying, at midnight, exactly 12 months out. Marriott often fails to load inventory on time so you’ll see no results until some time later, and on other occasions they incorrectly code the Villa finder to hide results from people who in fact have deeded or contracted usage rights. They also seem to gobble up or artificially hold back inventory that owners should have access to. It’s BS but they control all the levers and dials so you have to play by their rules.
I am beginning to think something is very unusual . For the first time I cannot book studio unit in Sunset Bay 12 months out. Only 2 bedrooms are available. I have been going there staying 15 days for some years now and all of a sudden no studios available!!!

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
I am having the same issue trying to book studio for Sunset Bay.

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
They also seem to have removed the ability to float VGV units within their season between 8-10 months. The villa finder used to support this and I would consistently see results. They broke that a couple years ago and never fixed it.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They also seem to have removed the ability to float VGV units within their season between 8-10 months. The villa finder used to support this and I would consistently see results. They broke that a couple years ago and never fixed it.
I've noticed that as well. Of particular note, though, I've been able to book WSJ weeks at the 12 month point through Abound, including sizes/unit types I don't own. This really seems to devalue actual ownership there, though I do still like having my fixed VGV weeks as a certainty.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
If Sunset Bay owners are unable to book home options 12 months out that’s a major problem and going to lead to trouble. Owners have to be able to book their ownership.

Last edited:

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
If Sunset Bay owners are unable to book home options 12 months out that’s a major problem and going to lead to trouble. Owners have to be able to book their ownership.
This is the first time and I am truly disturbed that I cannot book a studio only 2 bedrooms available .we never use the 2 bedroom only studio for 15 days. 14 +1 . I will try again next week.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
We own Sunset Bay and stayed recently. At exactly 12 months out last year we tried booking a 3 bedroom and none ever showed up. Inventory never became available. I was able to book separately a 2 bedroom + a studio at 12 months out and later convince the resort to link them together to essentially manually make up a 3 bedroom. Of course it was 2 reservations so I got to pay the USVI nightly $25 tax x2. I suspect whatever 3 bedroom inventory exists MVC also held back and was not made available for HomeOptions booking.

Last edited:

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
A positive update on the Caneel Bay lawsuit: