• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Gatlinburg westgate
Sorry if it’s been asked, there’s thousands of threads here and many are very helpful. I can’t find exactly what I’m looking for.
I’m filing a rescission letter with westgate after signing with them 3 days ago. Does anyone have the address to send it too? I’m gonna comb through the cd they gave me this afternoon. I just want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row because I’m on the hook for 10 grand. We were interested because of the “getaways” but are finding those are very complicated to book. Thank you in advance! Any other tips on rescission from westgate Gatlinburg is greatly appreciated!!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Westgate is notorious for giving a CD to make it harder to find the contract information. If you can find the contract print it out. The rescission instructions should be just before one of the areas where you are required to sign. Time is limited so you want to do this ASAP.

Reactions: RX8

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Is Westgate still hiding the CD in the binder? Some purchasers never found the CD in time to rescind, exactly what Westgate was hoping for.

If you are able to search “rescission” on your CD documents you should be able to find the address. However, knowing the low life scum that they are I wouldn’t be surprised if Westgate removed the search option.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
They like to give a CD because they know most people don't have a computer with them on vacation that has a CD/DVD drive in it. In fact, very few laptops are sold now with these types of drives. Always request everything on paper. USB thumb drive would be the second best option.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Gatlinburg westgate
How is this for a rescission letter? Just want to make sure every i is dotted and t is crossed here. Thanks! Also I found the info on the disc about rescission. I can create another post about it if y’all think it would be helpful.
F92AA945-55A4-4A76-AB62-9BC80DC25193.jpeg

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Gatlinburg westgate
After looking at it, I went back and included both names in the letter and changed “I” to “we”.
We will both be signing the letter, dating it and sending it off.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here: Get it in the Certified mail on Monday.
2801 Old Winter Garden Rd,
Ocoee, FL 34761

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
How is this for a rescission letter? Just want to make sure every i is dotted and t is crossed here. Thanks! Also I found the info on the disc about rescission. I can create another post about it if y’all think it would be helpful. View attachment 30649

Looks good to me. Be sure that any buyer who signed the original agreement also signs the rescission paperwork.

ALSO, be sure to send this via USPS Certified Mail. Retain a copy of the letter for your records, and retain a copy of the mailing receipt.

Wastegate does not need to acknowledge receipt of your letter, they do however need to act on it. It may take 45 days or so to get a refund.

Congratulations! You made a GREAT move to rescind. What you paid thousands for can be had for just pennies on the dollar (if not for free).

:cheer::banana::hi:

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Gatlinburg westgate
Looks good to me. Be sure that any buyer who signed the original agreement also signs the rescission paperwork.

ALSO, be sure to send this via USPS Certified Mail. Retain a copy of the letter for your records, and retain a copy of the mailing receipt.

Wastegate does not need to acknowledge receipt of your letter, they do however need to act on it. It may take 45 days or so to get a refund.

Congratulations! You made a GREAT move to rescind. What you paid thousands for can be had for just pennies on the dollar (if not for free).

:cheer::banana::hi:

Thanks so much!!!! I actually went back and included both names throughout the letter and both signers are in the signature portion. We bought on Thursday and I will be mailing this first thing on monday. Cant wait to put it behind us

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Gatlinburg westgate
Here: Get it in the Certified mail on Monday.
2801 Old Winter Garden Rd,
Ocoee, FL 34761
That’s the address even for the one in tennessee? And thank you of course lol. I plan to mail it Monday morning

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
That’s the address even for the one in tennessee? And thank you of course lol. I plan to mail it Monday morning
Yes. That's where the office is that performs the titling and rescissions. Perhaps note: 'Attn: Recissions' on the outside of the envelope to route it to that department from the mail room.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If you have your contract # I would include that in the letter, just to make it easier for them to pull up your file. Rather than say cancel, I would say we are exercising your right to rescind the contract per state law. Even without these details they should be able to process the rescission without it. Make sure both owners sign and send it certified or some way that gives you a dated receipt.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any other tips on rescission from westgate Gatlinburg is greatly appreciated!!

As someone pointed out above, Westgate has up to 45 days to refund your money (or credit your credit card) but it usually does not take that long. Don't panic if you don't see the refund/credit immediately. Therefore, do not go contacting Westgate or the resort asking about the progress of your rescission request.

Also, watch out for unidentified phone calls coming your way. It might be someone from Westgate trying to get you to change your mind about rescinding. You might get fed lines such as "You will face serious legal and financial consequences if you rescind because you signed...", or there might be some sort of an offer such as more points, future discounts, etc.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Gatlinburg westgate
If you have your contract # I would include that in the letter, just to make it easier for them to pull up your file. Rather than say cancel, I would say we are exercising your right to rescind the contract per state law. Even without these details they should be able to process the rescission without it. Make sure both owners sign and send it certified or some way that gives you a dated receipt.
I will look for the contract number and hand write it in. As far as changing the language, i can’t due to the co-signer living 3 hours away lol. I’m gonna mail what I got though. Thanks for the input, I will include the contract number like you suggested though.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Gatlinburg westgate
Been a few weeks but figured I’d give y’all a resolution. Just received our full refund. I figure this means this is all behind us now. Now we are researching possibly buying some Wyndham points from someone on the site here. Thanks for the advise. Y’all were a huge help. Both my fiancé and I have been receiving calls from them telling us they have outgoing paperwork for us. I figure this is a ploy to get us back so we haven’t spoken to them.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats. And I agree. Pick a snappy name. No one should be defined by an error.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
There is a nice Tree Tops Gatlinburg week being given away in the Free Timeshare Giveaways forum. If you like vacationing in Gatlinburg and the time of year works for you, you should jump on it. My floating Tree Tops week have always traded well in both II and RCI.

Sheila

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Been a few weeks but figured I’d give y’all a resolution. Just received our full refund. I figure this means this is all behind us now. Now we are researching possibly buying some Wyndham points from someone on the site here. Thanks for the advise. Y’all were a huge help. Both my fiancé and I have been receiving calls from them telling us they have outgoing paperwork for us. I figure this is a ploy to get us back so we haven’t spoken to them.
Take your time and research other systems as well. There are nicer systems that are just as inexpensive on the resale market

RamblinRacer

Reaction score
Thanks for your post. I am staying at the Westgate Smokey Mountain Resort, leaving tomorrow. We went to a presentation in 2014 in Orlando for "cheaper" Disney tickets. What they offered us was the Cruise and Travel club membership, not a Timeshare. It sounded good so we jumped on it. Seven years later we have only used our weeks twice, once in Orlando in 2019 and this week in Gatlinburg. This was due more of our love for cruises and other vacation plans, than restrictions. Saturday we met our conceirge who brought us breakfast (arranged the day before) and he was just going over what we had and what we could have. a few hours later They offered to use the cost (equity) of the Cruise and Travel club and putting it towards the down payment of a 2 BR unit, along with some cash. Well....we signed. It didn't take long for me to get an uneasy feeling. I remembered a conversation with an owner in Orlando in 2019, as we compared the Club vs ownership and how he said he felt cheated. Tuesday morning (3 days after signing) We drove to a nearby Staples, printed out our letter and sent it out Certified mail along with copies of the warranty deed and the worksheet that explains what we purchased. I also sent a Certified package containing copies of the letter, the Tablet and Binder they gave us... didn't find any hidden pocket. The lady at the post office was a great help, she said they get these about once a week in the slow months. I didn't have access to the CD so I used the address so many here have posted. In the letter, I also demanded a refund to the Credit Card used and either reinstatement of the Cruise and Travel Club or a refund of the equity they were using. Now I wait! For what it's worth, the travel club has saved me some money over the years on cruises and other hotels. May be many years before I get to use it at it full benefits, but never an issue when I wanted to. I do hope we didn't mess that up!

RamblinRacer

Reaction score
I want to add a few more notes, just for reference purposes. I wasn't 100% sure if the Gatlinburg location had a different address so I checked out the CD as soon as I got home. Tennessee has a 10 day cool off if you have seen the property and 15 days if you haven't. Thinking back, they were sure to have us initial that we seen the floor plan in person (I guess I know why now). The mailing address was in fact the same in Ocoee Florida. I tracked my Letter which said "Delivered, individual picked up at postal facility" today but the Package of Binder/Tablet shows "delivered and is available at a PO Box" as of yesterday. I took these two images from the Contract for Purchase or sale, one was in large print above our signature, the other in fine print on second page. Not sure I would trust a Hand delivered letter as much as one sent Certified mail. Again, Thanks to all who have been down this road and left some invaluable information for others like me

Attachments

• WG 2.PNG
    WG 2.PNG
    110.8 KB · Views: 127
  • WG 1.PNG
    WG 1.PNG
    257.2 KB · Views: 123

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I want to add a few more notes, just for reference purposes. I wasn't 100% sure if the Gatlinburg location had a different address so I checked out the CD as soon as I got home. Tennessee has a 10 day cool off if you have seen the property and 15 days if you haven't. Thinking back, they were sure to have us initial that we seen the floor plan in person (I guess I know why now). The mailing address was in fact the same in Ocoee Florida. I tracked my Letter which said "Delivered, individual picked up at postal facility" today but the Package of Binder/Tablet shows "delivered and is available at a PO Box" as of yesterday. I took these two images from the Contract for Purchase or sale, one was in large print above our signature, the other in fine print on second page. Not sure I would trust a Hand delivered letter as much as one sent Certified mail. Again, Thanks to all who have been down this road and left some invaluable information for others like me

Your USPS CERTIFIED LETTER provides proof that your Rescission Letter was in fact delivered (and signed for), and clearly shows why rescission paperwork should always be sent using that method.

Great move to rescind. How much money did you end up saving because of rescinding ?

RamblinRacer

Reaction score
How much money did you end up saving because of rescinding ?

If I left it financed for the 10 years, I would have paid 37,000. Figure in the $99 per year Interval International, and ~$900 every other year for HOA and taxes. Compared to what I already had, It would take 40 years to equal out and I would only get to use it one week per 2 years vs 4 weeks per 2 years that I have now.

Last edited by a moderator:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Compared to what I already had, It would take 40 years to equal out and I would only get to use it one week per 2 years vs 4 weeks per 2 years that I have now.

I'm guessing the sales person who sold you this didn't mention these figures when doing all that number crunching trying to convince you how much money you would save on vacations if you bought this.