• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

VP Rentals Inc

mdontsurf

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Flex
So, I’m an ignorant fool when it came to my vacation club, which is why we chose to get rid of it.

We paid $1499 to Vacation Rentals Inc for them to “rent out” our Interval weeks in 2/2022. We’ve only received one offer around mid 2022 with no availability, and now they’re claiming we’re on a “waitlist.” As I stated, we no longer belong to our vacation club. How on earth do we get our money back from these people? They are relentless and rude and talk you around in circles. I realize I’m the dumb one here, but is there anything I can do?

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, I’m an ignorant fool when it came to my vacation club, which is why we chose to get rid of it.

We paid $1499 to Vacation Rentals Inc for them to “rent out” our Interval weeks in 2/2022. We’ve only received one offer around mid 2022 with no availability, and now they’re claiming we’re on a “waitlist.” As I stated, we no longer belong to our vacation club. How on earth do we get our money back from these people? They are relentless and rude and talk you around in circles. I realize I’m the dumb one here, but is there anything I can do?
you are likely the victim a scam and out the $$ as renting Interval weeks is not allowed. Paying them upfront is a big red flag

Reactions: RX8

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

You are not allowed to rent interval weeks. Its a very common scam that people seem to fall for. How did you pay them? Contact your bank and report it- and you should file a police report as well. Whatever money you paid the scammers is likely long gone- don't pay them anymore.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Why are you bringing this up now in May of 2023....? 2022 is long over and in the rear view mirror.

Sorry to hear of you situation but I'd be very surprised if you ever hear from them again unless they want to charge you an upfront fee to claim they can recover your monies. Don't fall for it. Your hard earned money has been long since spent. Learn to NEVER pay money up front.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
@mdontsurf The only Vacation Rentals, Inc I can find is located in Arkansas and has been around since 2010. This isn’t going to be the same company. Could it be another name?

These scammers usually run an advertising/listing company behind their lies on the phone. That advertising business model is a sham but helps keep them out of jail. The thread below is from a company called Vacation Property Management and describes the scam in a little more detail. The names are interchangeable but the scam is always the same.

Here is the BBB for Vacation Property Management. Check out the complaints.

mdontsurf

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Flex
@mdontsurf The only Vacation Rentals, Inc I can find is located in Arkansas and has been around since 2010. This isn’t going to be the same company. Could it be another name?

These scammers usually run an advertising/listing company behind their lies on the phone. That advertising business model is a sham but helps keep them out of jail. The thread below is from a company called Vacation Property Management and describes the scam in a little more detail. The names are interchangeable but the scam is always the same.

Here is the BBB for Vacation Property Management. Check out the complaints.

Thanks! It’s Vacation Property Rental Inc according to their correspondence,
myvprentals dot com

Last edited by a moderator:

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Thanks! It’s Vacation Property Rental Inc according to their correspondence,
myvprentals dot com

This company has had a BBB profile for less than three years. Their profile is about as bad as it gets with over 90 complaints, 47 in the last year alone. They have a NR rating which I suspect is because they respond to complaints but it is all the same responses, usually reiterating that they are an advertising company or that the have “regained communications with the customer”, whatever that means. Their rating should be a solid F.

mdontsurf

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Flex
This company has had a BBB profile for less than three years. Their profile is about as bad as it gets with over 90 complaints, 47 in the last year alone. They have a NR rating which I suspect is because they respond to complaints but it is all the same responses, usually reiterating that they are an advertising company or that the have “regained communications with the customer”, whatever that means. Their rating should be a solid F.

Yep, saw that. Unfortunately, too late.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
@mdontsurf If you have not yet done so, file a complaint with the Florida Attorney General and also with the BBB.