• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Vistana Website Down

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
That website is a disaster. But I got an email from Marriott this morning with a welcome to Sheraton Desert Oasis for next month. So I guess maybe an update to the website?
Same here. I got two. One for each side of the lockoff.

More worrying is my 2BR at WKORV is only showing as a 1BR in the Bonvoy app. Vistana website still shows it as a 2BR OF unit.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Same here. I got two. One for each side of the lockoff.

More worrying is my 2BR at WKORV is only showing as a 1BR in the Bonvoy app. Vistana website still shows it as a 2BR OF unit.
The way Vistana reservations show up on Bonvoy is a real mess. It has been that way for a while now and everyone who has called to verify are told their reservation is fine.

It seems to have something to do with how Vistana handles reservations with lock off units. Kind of the same as how they only deposit individual sides of lock offs into II and never the whole lock off unit.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
I just noticed another strange thing in the Bonvoy app. I now have three reservations showing up for SDO within the app. Two of them have the notation “VSE OWNER BLOCK 1”. The picture in these is of the pool and had the Sheraton logo on it.

The other reservation has a picture of the main front building and “Sheraton Vacation Club” instead of the Sheraton logo. In the reservation instead of “VSE OWNER BLOCK 1” it lists “MIGRATION POINTS”.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I just booked through Vistana.com a week at SBP for 6/11 and had the option to add Bonvoy numbers for the various owners on our accounts. That is very new. I also got an email welcoming us for SDO on 3/4.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I just booked through Vistana.com a week at SBP for 6/11 and had the option to add Bonvoy numbers for the various owners on our accounts. That is very new. I also got an email welcoming us for SDO on 3/4.
Yeah, they added the ability to include your Bonvoy number when making a reservation back in November.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Yeah, they added the ability to include your Bonvoy number when making a reservation back in November.

I had noticed that a while ago and added mine to a reservation I made after that. Once I showed up, the Bonvoy number still wasn't on the reservation and I had to get it added there. My VOIs are all resale, so my Bonvoy number isn't associated with my account - it seemed like it would be nice to be able to do that if it worked. Maybe next time....

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I had noticed that a while ago and added mine to a reservation I made after that. Once I showed up, the Bonvoy number still wasn't on the reservation and I had to get it added there. My VOIs are all resale, so my Bonvoy number isn't associated with my account - it seemed like it would be nice to be able to do that if it worked. Maybe next time....
Yeah, I have found that the entering the number currently does nothing. It doesn't make the reservation show up on Marriott.com and also isn't there when you checkin. Perhaps that is functionality that they will add in the future.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Perhaps Vistana is moving their website to MVC infrastructure.

Does that mean we will lose some functionality? Since you own MVC you can probably tell me if this is correct but I've heard an owner cannot cancel a reservation online but must call in to cancel.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Does that mean we will lose some functionality? Since you own MVC you can probably tell me if this is correct but I've heard an owner cannot cancel a reservation online but must call in to cancel.
I am just referring them coming off of one set of servers and migrading them to another without any real functional changes. So far we haven't seen any changes to make the Vistana website look anything or work similar to the MVC one.

It is correct that MVC owners can't cancel reservations online.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Vistana is down again tonight.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seems ok this morning. No availability for what I want, but I don't expect there to be any near term. however, I can log in and get to my dashboard as well as search to make reservations.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana KOR South and North. Vistana Nanea.
Tried seven times at midnight to book at WKORVN. Each time I successfully obtained a Result ID, only for the system to fail either on “checking eligibility” or worse “processing your request”. Even got a “your villa is no longer available, please modify search and try again.” Of course ultimately “0 Results”. Same experience last week. What a far cry from the “guaranteed view category 12 to 8 months” when we purchased back in 2006.

Last edited:

fasha39

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV,
We had the same problem with WKORV, finally were able to book after logging out back in.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana KOR South and North. Vistana Nanea.
We had the same problem with WKORV, finally were able to book after logging out back in.
Thank you. I will definitely give that a try next time.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
For me when the website is down it’s difficult to even login let alone, go out and come back in again. They really NEED to fix this,

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
Looks like problems logging in again?

Can't do it at all from my PC - login screen won't load.

I was able to log in from an iPhone earlier. Now that won't work either (says password incorrect). PC login screen doesn't load at all.

LobsterHunter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA, WMH, WDW, SDO, SMV, WLR, (WFlex-no more, sold)
OK, is it just me? Ever since the "upgrade" they were doing at the beginning of August, it has almost been impossible for me to log in. I just tried again on Chrome with vistana.com and get "This page isn't working" if I try an incognito page, I at least get the log in screen, but then it tells me "sorry, something went wrong". This has been going on for almost a month!!

cindylou

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV - 2 DOF, 2 OF
Sheraton Lakeside Terrace Villas at Mountain Vista - 2 winter, 1 summer, 1 shoulder
I’m doubtful you are alone. I think I’ve received 3 messages from Marriott in the last few months acknowledging the website problems and asking for our patience as they upgrade.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
Still down for me. Well past the 7 hours indicated downtime.

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got in.
Sort of funny
After logging in I got a message that they could not show my info and that I should call
Tried several times without success
Finally hit log off and I was in

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was able to log in and change information on a WKORV reservation around 6:30pm EST today. I then requested an an email confirmation be sent to someone else, and everything worked as expected.

When I changed the name of the guest, I got two separate confirmation emails. One from Vistana Signature Experiences, with the Vistana confirmation number. The other one came from Westin Vacation Club Reservations and had the Marriott confirmation number.

The confirmation mailed to another person resulting from my request included the Marriott reservation number.