• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Updated Privileges Brochure

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

Attachments

• CW_Privileges.pdf
    580.2 KB · Views: 313

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
It would be nice to know how the rotating 60% Discount is going to work.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have to assume when Wyndham discounts rooms to all non VIP owners they may let the 50% discount apply to the discounted rate? Today if rooms are discounted VIP owners only receive the 50% discount on normal points chart not on the discounted point rate..

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
After reading the wording in the attachments I believe we are in for more changes to VIP benefits in the next round of policy changes. One that stands out is the phase, 'Last Minute Discounts.' That is very vague and subjective statement. I expect to see a change to the 60 day discount window to less of a window based on the wording used.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
They Kept Silver at 400,000, Gold at 700,000 and Platinum at 1M. Anything more than that was just ridiculous to PIC to VIP.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I'm correct that VIP benefits are going to be weakened again in late 2020 policy change, my question to Wyndham is, what about those who buy into a VIP level between now and when the policy changes take effect? Hopefully I'm not correct benefits will be left alone.

And what happened to is Presidential Reserve? It's not mentioned in any of the material.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
And what happened to is Presidential Reserve? It's not mentioned in any of the material.

PR isn’t a VIP level. It’s basically an overlay to VIP at this point and I don’t see why anything would change.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
They Kept Silver at 400,000, Gold at 700,000 and Platinum at 1M. Anything more than that was just ridiculous to PIC to VIP.

Actually, the new levels still have the higher points required. They're listed lower on the sheet.

Manzana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
National Harbor
CWA
Curious to see what the Vacation sidekick is that says coming soon on another page of the hub.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Curious to see what the Vacation sidekick is that says coming soon on another page of the hub.

It’s Perks. I had the MyDeals app (the app for Wyndham perks) on my phone and got a pop up when I opened it.

4e5cfa232e8492b7f1cd47a4055e71b2.jpg

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
It would be nice to know how the rotating 60% Discount is going to work.

It means that it will rotate on and off so that Wyndham can selectively control the overall cost of the VIP program. Founders will always have the same 50% discount that Legends has, but 60% windows will rotate in and out. This is what was discussed at the annual owners meeting last fall. Of course, everything is subject to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wolf&Sprite

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Avon
PR isn’t a VIP level. It’s basically an overlay to VIP at this point and I don’t see why anything would change.

The new brochure does include PR as Founder level.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
The new brochure does include PR as Founder level.

It's saying that PR members will get Founders benefits. PR minimum requirements are 1 million points. Not the 1.4 million required for regular owners to be Founders. It's just a clarification. PR is not a VIP level like Silver, Gold, and Platinum, but they currently get Platinum benefits and will get Founders benefits, even if they do not have 1.4 million PR points.

WhiskeyJack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anybody heard if existing VIP levels will be grandfathered in? For example, somebody with exactly 1M VIP points today is Platinum, with 50% discount and 60 day upgrades. Will that existing Platinum owner be downgraded to the Ambassador level, with 35% discount and 45 day upgrades, or will they be grandfathered into the Legend level? Thanks

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Has anybody heard if existing VIP levels will be grandfathered in? For example, somebody with exactly 1M VIP points today is Platinum, with 50% discount and 60 day upgrades. Will that existing Platinum owner be downgraded to the Ambassador level, with 35% discount and 45 day upgrades, or will they be grandfathered into the Legend level? Thanks

If you look at the brochure referenced at the start of this thread, it gives the answers to your question:

bb4247a7ea5c3191997b167238551aa6.jpg

“Your new Privileges equivalent tier maintains your existent benefits that you know and love, including:”

The stacked columns clearly indicate that existing VIPS become Champion, VIPG become Ambassador, and VIPP become Legends. In other words - grandfathering will be honored.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you look at the brochure referenced at the start of this thread, it gives the answers to your question:

bb4247a7ea5c3191997b167238551aa6.jpg

“Your new Privileges equivalent tier maintains your existent benefits that you know and love, including:”

The stacked columns clearly indicate that existing VIPS become Champion, VIPG become Ambassador, and VIPP become Legends. In other words - grandfathering will be honored.

Disclaimer: All programs subject to change!

WhiskeyJack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. I did see that sentence at the top of the brochure but guess i read it differently than you. What I read was Wyndham just telling us the new Privileges program will still have discounts, upgrades and unlimited housekeeping credits, just like the current program. Otherwise they are not removing one of these three VIP benefits. I did not read it to say your individual current discount % and upgrade window will stay the same as your current VIP level. Thanks again.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. I did see that sentence at the top of the brochure but guess i read it differently than you. What I read was Wyndham just telling us the new Privileges program will still have discounts, upgrades and unlimited housekeeping credits, just like the current program. Otherwise they are not removing one of these three VIP benefits. I did not read it to say your individual current discount % and upgrade window will stay the same as your current VIP level. Thanks again.
As stated in the owners directory all subject to change.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

The only thing that is consistent in this life, is that things will always change and we will all eventually leave this mortal realm. Everything else is subject to change.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd hate to be a new VIP owner/buyer today with specific benefits and find out those benefits have changed in late 2020, if in fact they do change.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
I'd hate to be a new VIP owner/buyer today with specific benefits and find out those benefits have changed in late 2020, if in fact they do change.

Every tiered membership program in existence that I’ve participated in is “subject to change” in the small print. From your airline frequent flier memberships all the way down to your warehouse (Costco) memberships - same verbiage is in place. It’s standard legal verbiage really - it shouldn’t surprise anyone. I poke fun at it too on occasion to be clear - so this isn’t me getting on my soapbox - just telling it like it is.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

If someone didn’t read the fine print that says the program is subject to change, that’s on them. We should all know that the program is subject to change. It was written in the contract. This shouldn’t be a news flash to anyone. Until there is a reason to be concerned I’m not concerned. Nor am I going to try to make a mountain out of a mole hill over some legal jargon. I’m not sure why some insist on beating a dead horse, or trying to scare people. Leave it be, until there is more information. Otherwise you’re just wasting people’s time.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
My point is, the phase, 'Last Minute Discounts' in the new printed material is vauge. If someone in, let's say September, buys into a VIP level expecting point discounts within the two month mark and that changes to, let's say to 'within a one month' in November, I'd be pissed and would feel scammed and cheated. I'm just, saying...

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
My point is, the phase, 'Last Minute Discounts' in the new printed material is vauge. If someone in, let's say September, buys into a VIP level expecting point discounts within the two month mark and that changes to, let's say to 'within a one month' in November, I'd be pissed and would feel scammed and cheated. I'm just, saying...

You might be, and that’s why you didn’t go VIP. If they read the fine print, they would know that could change. If that would have bothered them, they wouldn’t have bought in. If they didn’t read the fine print, then that’s on them.