• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Updated Privileges Brochure

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
On PIC Express is there a developer purchase required?

No, neither requires a developer purchase. PIC Express can be added using a fee based approach. A PIC Plus contract can also be added using a fee based approach, it’s called “Limited Membership” however this limited version also expires after five years. PIC Plus, when combined with a qualifying developer purchase, has no time limit in comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
New information on the benefits. It specifically says existing VPs keep unlimited housekeeping credits but otherwise, housekeeping is missing from the list, so I assume that means new VIPs will not get it. A telesales rep on Facebook confirmed that. I am not sure about mid-week clean and tidy or quiet season upgrades in RCI. I will have to ask about that. Personally I do not use either, but I know they are important to some. Anything else missing that's important to you? I know there are others missing, but they may or may not be important too you. I want to confirm that existing VIPs will keep those existing benefits that are important to you, and they are not being phased out.

Good news, everyone gets at least one RARP. Gold and Platinum get 3 and 4 respectively which is one more then they get now. Founders get 5.

Attachments

• vip-benefits-categories-chart.pdf
    466.5 KB · Views: 120

troy12n

Reaction score
Unlimited housekeeping credits was one of the few tangible benefits of VIP... especially at the lower levels, seems like a boneheaded thing to remove

JerseyDeb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
I am disappointed to see that Silver no longer has the opportunity for early check-in at 2 subject to availability. I thought there would be no changes to existing VIP.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Not seeing a heck of a lot that would motivate me to move up the VIP food chain....

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I am disappointed to see that Silver no longer has the opportunity for early check-in at 2 subject to availability. I thought there would be no changes to existing VIP.

As mentioned in my post, existing VIPs keep unlimited housekeeping credits. It also says it in the brochure below the tier names on the first page. Existing silver VIP still gets to check in early. New ones do not. Any changes you see are supposed to be for new VIPS after the new program launches in November sometime.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
That trick hasn't wroked very well in my experience.
I've always been able to check-in at 2. My room is not always ready, but we can check-in. They will hold our luggage for us if we decide to go out and do something while we wait.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Not seeing a heck of a lot that would motivate me to move up the VIP food chain....

Agreed. Maybe Platinum who are close to Founders may want to, but that's it. I'm sure the salespeople will have a way of spinning it to make it look like the best thing on the planet, and people will fall for it.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received an email about the new VIP program. The benefits listed don't show unlimited housekeeping credits. Are we getting screwed?

Last edited:

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I received an email about the new VIP program. The benefits listed don't show unlimited housekeeping credits. Are we getting screwed?
1598475535840.png

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

From what I’ve ascertained Wyndham basically dropped back and punted.

Any additional VIP program changes under consideration were dumped/delayed due to covid-19 and the generally uncertain business and economic climates particularly within the travel and leisure sectors for the foreseeable future.

Any potential cost increases associated with additional VIP benefits were therefore dismissed - both for Wyndham and for the owner based program fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
Even though I'm a resale only owner, I've had pretty good success checking in early. I don't count on it or plan to arrive early deliberately, but I do always try to leave a big time buffer when I travel and sometimes I get to my Wyndham early. I don't remember if I ever got in at 2PM, but I think I did once. Most of the time when I get there an hour early or so, they have had a room ready for me.

You can't count on it, but I can only remember once when I had to wait until 4 or a bit after. So it's not all that valuable a benefit.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have checked in early many times. It just depends if your unit is ready or not. (I am sure since its a VIP benefit they try to make sure the units that are reserved by VIPS are ready first if possible.) Heck I arrived at Panama City at 930am one time (after driving overnight so my kids would sleep) and they had a unit ready and let me check-in at 930AM!!

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have checked in early many times. It just depends if your unit is ready or not. (I am sure since its a VIP benefit they try to make sure the units that are reserved by VIPS are ready first if possible.) Heck I arrived at Panama City at 930am one time (after driving overnight so my kids would sleep) and they had a unit ready and let me check-in at 930AM!!
It maybe resort dependant. we most often go to Natl Harbour an get large units. They are rarely ready early. We are VIPP

Hiram357

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Steamboat Springs; CWA (small)
Haven't seen anyone comment that everyone gets their various points discount at 60 days. This is a loss of benefit to those of us that had the 60 day point discount before lower point VIPs at 45 or 30 days.

vv813

TUG Member
Reaction score
totally misssed what Hiram357 has referred to. Even though people are getting a discount in that 60 day period more people will be competing for reservations

Manzana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
National Harbor
CWA
Haven't seen anyone comment that everyone gets their various points discount at 60 days. This is a loss of benefit to those of us that had the 60 day point discount before lower point VIPs at 45 or 30 days.
The discount was always at 60 days it was the upgrades that came in at 60, 45, 30 days. So I see no change in that.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
The discount was always at 60 days it was the upgrades that came in at 60, 45, 30 days. So I see no change in that.

That has been my understanding and experience as well.

Hiram357

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Steamboat Springs; CWA (small)
My bad... I've been Platinum for a long time and didn't notice the change. I don't have my old Fairfield Members Directory, but I recall silver and gold used to be at 30 and 45 days for the discount.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
My bad... I've been Platinum for a long time and didn't notice the change. I don't have my old Fairfield Members Directory, but I recall silver and gold used to be at 30 and 45 days for the discount.

It hasn’t been Fairfield in about 13 or 14 years. I don’t think anyone has that directory anymore. I would be interested in seeing it if they do.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
It hasn’t been Fairfield in about 13 or 14 years. I don’t think anyone has that directory anymore. I would be interested in seeing it if they do.
I do. I think I have all of them (Fairfield and Wyndham) somewhere going back 30 years. I’m not a packrat or hoarder, I just don’t trust developers and want a printed record of their policies so when they change something I’ll know. What do you need to know?

troy12n

Reaction score

Heaven forbid they throw a bone to lower level VIP's... :rolleyes:

But I think it has already been 60 days for a while

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I do. I think I have all of them (Fairfield and Wyndham) somewhere going back 30 years. I’m not a packrat or hoarder, I just don’t trust developers and want a printed record of their policies so when they change something I’ll know. What do you need to know?

A few years ago I got rid of all our old directories and have regretted doing that so many times.

It would be really interesting to quite a few of us to see the history of how the VIP program benefits have changed over the years. We've only owned for 18 years and have seen a lot of changes to the program. I don't even know how far back the VIP program goes. Was there a VIP program back when you first bought?