• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Updated Privileges Brochure

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
You might be, and that’s why you didn’t go VIP. If they read the fine print, they would know that could change. If that would have bothered them, they wouldn’t have bought in. If they didn’t read the fine print, then that’s on them.
I am VIPP. It's was purchased in the mid '90s when points were new to the timeshare system and going for about $30/1000. It was Fairfield at the time.

Last edited:

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I am VIPP. It's was purchased in the mid '90s when points were new to the timeshare system and going for about $30/1000. It was Fairfield at the time.

Ok, but the comment read like you were saying if y ou were VIP. Not that you were. Either way it doesn’t matter. My point is still the same. I’m sure back in the Fairfield days, they had something similar regarding things being subject to change.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark (Past)
We checked into the Great Smokies last weekend and the parking pass attendant tried to get me to a sales presentation. Part of his story was to educate me on the new privileges program that they were rolling out. He mentioned that we had to opt in if we were to be part of the new program. Not having a shred of interest in attending a presentation, I not so subtly refused. Anyone hear of needing to 'opt in' with this new program or was this just a way to sell more points?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
We checked into the Great Smokies last weekend and the parking pass attendant tried to get me to a sales presentation. Part of his story was to educate me on the new privileges program that they were rolling out. He mentioned that we had to opt in if we were to be part of the new program. Not having a shred of interest in attending a presentation, I not so subtly refused. Anyone hear of needing to 'opt in' with this new program or was this just a way to sell more points?

Typical BS to attempt to get you into a sales pitch...moving on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

At the Owners meeting in Austin, they said VIPs would be automatically enrolled. The attach slide from the presentation states that. Unfortunately, the word automatically got cut out but it says nothing about opting in.

54e9c1d52b07ca4c1d5c0ccb3884dd9f.jpg

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Are you currently VIP? If not, technically, you would have to opt in by purchasing enough points to qualify.

epearsall

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndam Founders Level
It's saying that PR members will get Founders benefits. PR minimum requirements are 1 million points. Not the 1.4 million required for regular owners to be Founders. It's just a clarification. PR is not a VIP level like Silver, Gold, and Platinum, but they currently get Platinum benefits and will get Founders benefits, even if they do not have 1.4 million PR points.
We recently purchased an upgrade to 1.4 million points based on a lot of promises of what we could do with being a founders level owner. We were disappointed that Founders will not be available until "late 2020," in spite of the sales presentation suggesting it would be January or Febuary, 2020. I can find almost no details of the founders benefits. We were sold that it would expand the cruise and air travel options to more cruiselines and that we could book MULTIPLE annual cruises with airfare with 1.4 million points. That options does not exist with Platinum, only cruise was a week on Norweagan only with a week costing 1.35 million points and 254K each for airfare. At this point we feel we have been hoodwinked, unless Founders turn out to be as sold to us.
Anyone have more info on Founders?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
We recently purchased an upgrade to 1.4 million points based on a lot of promises of what we could do with being a founders level owner. We were disappointed that Founders will not be available until "late 2020," in spite of the sales presentation suggesting it would be January or Febuary, 2020. I can find almost no details of the founders benefits. We were sold that it would expand the cruise and air travel options to more cruiselines and that we could book MULTIPLE annual cruises with airfare with 1.4 million points. That options does not exist with Platinum, only cruise was a week on Norweagan only with a week costing 1.35 million points and 254K each for airfare. At this point we feel we have been hoodwinked, unless Founders turn out to be as sold to us.

If you are within the recession period, you might want to strongly consider taking advantage of the opportunity. In general I have observed that cruises and airfare are less expensive to buy with cash than they are with points; right now there are lots of discounted cruises available due to the COVID situation. In any case, the privileges program has not yet been finalized; the current brochure for it is on the Wyndham sales hub at https://www.wyndhaminteractivesaleshub.com/club-wyndham/CW_Privileges.pdf. They might include the ability to book multiple cruises, but I don't think they'll be as inexpensive as you've been lead to believe - the Plus Partners pamphlet athttps://www.wyndhaminteractivesaleshub.com/club-wyndham/CW_PlusPartners_Brochure.pdf shows point costs for 7-day cruises around 720,000 and up.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs

The Privileges benefits, if they've even been finalized at this time, haven't been announced yet. If you were already gold or platinum it wasn't a bad idea to buy enough points to be Founders when Privileges begins so don't be kicking yourself over it. Privileges was supposed to roll out in late 2020 and we haven't heard if Covid-19 will delay it.

You'll find the best deals on cruises on www.vacationstogo.com. Sign up for their emails. Using your Wyndham points for cruises, airfares, car rentals has always been a poor value and I'm not expecting that to change with Privileges. We live 20-25 minutes from the Pompano Beach resorts. You can fly into the Fort Lauderdale airport and stay at one of the resorts a night or two before or after a cruise. Doing that can sometimes save you a significant amount on your airfares.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
The Privileges benefits, if they've even been finalized at this time, haven't been announced yet. If you were already gold or platinum it wasn't a bad idea to buy enough points to be Founders when Privileges begins so don't be kicking yourself over it. Privileges was supposed to roll out in late 2020 and we haven't heard if Covid-19 will delay it.

You'll find the best deals on cruises on www.vacationstogo.com. Sign up for their emails. Using your Wyndham points for cruises, airfares, car rentals has always been a poor value and I'm not expecting that to change with Privileges. We live 20-25 minutes from the Pompano Beach resorts. You can fly into the Fort Lauderdale airport and stay at one of the resorts a night or two before or after a cruise. Doing that can sometimes save you a significant amount on your airfares.

The last time I spoke to Annie about this (a couple months ago), she said it wasn’t being delayed. A lot has changed since then, so who knows if that is still the case. I would imagine all sales sites would have to be operational before they announce it to give all sales people the chance to capitalize on it.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
The last time I spoke to Annie about this (a couple months ago), she said it wasn’t being delayed. A lot has changed since then, so who knows if that is still the case. I would imagine all sales sites would have to be operational before they announce it to give all sales people the chance to capitalize on it.

I could see it going either direction. I could actually see Privileges either not being delayed or perhaps even being accelerated in an effort to boost short term sales to existing VIP owners who would otherwise have to purchase an additional 100k points if they were to wait until later. Given how miserable VOI sales must be right now, the line of logic does make some sense. Especially given we've seen some indications that the short term focus will be selling to the existing ownership base. I do wonder aloud though, if this is a saturated market already. If they really want to boost up sales for the remainder of 2020 - I would offer up either resale conversions and/or additional PIC plus contracts (beyond the limit of two) temporarily. I think some existing owners might consider a net new retail purchase in these cases.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know old you are, but unless Wyndham decreases the benefits you'll come out a head if you use it and keep it long enough. We've been owners since the early '90s when points were new to the system and cheap, and we used the hell out of our ownership every year. Our VIP Platinum ownership has paid for itself over and over again. Yours will to if you use it correctly, maximize point discounts and upgrades, and not use it for cruises and airfare. Pay cash for those and you'll come out ahead. The key is the points discount. Turn your 1.4M points into 2.8M points if you plan a head and are flexible. Good luck and happy timesharing.

Rich2699

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
I was called by Wyndham yesterday with an offer that I'm considering.

I'm VIP-Platinum now with 1,162K points including a 70K PIC. Three CWA deeds (126/154/476), Sapphire valley (154) and Flagstaff (182).
The offer is to buy 238K CWA points that are supposedly foreclosures which would put me at exactly 1.4M to be Founders. Cost of just over $30K which is $126.70/1000.

He also wanted to redo everything except Sapphire into a single CWA contract. The maint. fees for CWA are a little higher than Flagstaff.
Is there any benefit to consolidating into a single deed for all of the CWA points? Any disadvantages?

Thanks in advance. Rich

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Cant you just add another 254,000 PIC points by buying a 63k CWA contract and a low MF 3 bedroom PIC? Doing it that route would have a lower buy in cost as well as MF.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Cant you just add another 254,000 PIC points by buying a 63k CWA contract and a low MF 3 bedroom PIC? Doing it that route would have a lower buy in cost as well as MF.

Agreed, he could pick up a 254k 3 bedroom PIC along with a small retail contract for 10k all in. A third of the cost of what they are proposing.

The only possible advantage I see in converting your CWS contracts to CWA is that you would gain ARP to the 70+ CWA resort inventory slots for all of your non-PIC points. Do you use the ARP at either of your CWS deeded resorts today? Do you use ARP at all and if so, would having more ARP accessible points be of any value to you?

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was called by Wyndham yesterday with an offer that I'm considering.

I'm VIP-Platinum now with 1,162K points including a 70K PIC. Three CWA deeds (126/154/476), Sapphire valley (154) and Flagstaff (182).
The offer is to buy 238K CWA points that are supposedly foreclosures which would put me at exactly 1.4M to be Founders. Cost of just over $30K which is $126.70/1000.

He also wanted to redo everything except Sapphire into a single CWA contract. The maint. fees for CWA are a little higher than Flagstaff.
Is there any benefit to consolidating into a single deed for all of the CWA points? Any disadvantages?

Thanks in advance. Rich
Rich the deal stinks and nothing is a benefit to you. Why add a high cost maintenance fee CWA ownership? It is a horrible deal compared a PIC or to buying into other resorts with lower maintenance fees! Unless you need APR at all resorts I would pass on this deal. You could rent from a VIP for less then paying maintenance fees compared to owning a low cost Grand Desert Deed and paying maintenance fees.

Last edited:

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Rich the deal stinks and nothing is a benefit to you. Why add a high cost maintenance fee CWA ownership? It is a horrible deal compared to other resorts with lower maintenance fees! Unless you need APR at all resorts I would pass on this deal. You could rent from a VIP for less then paying maintenance fees compared to a low cost Grand Desert Deeds maintenance fees.
Yea but it's a pain to find someone who will constantly rent to you for that low. Owning Grand Desert resale really is a pretty good rate. Most of the time I book when inventory is 35% off anyways. I pay on average around $60-70 a night.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yea but it's a pain to find someone who will constantly rent to you for that low. Owning Grand Desert resale really is a pretty good rate. Most of the time I book when inventory is 35% off anyways. I pay on average around $60-70 a night.
I never had a problem renting for less then paying maintenance fees in the 60 day discount window. Owning a resale Grand Desert deed is a good backup if rentals are not available.

Last edited:

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Agreed, he could pick up a 254k 3 bedroom PIC along with a small retail contract for 10k all in. A third of the cost of what they are proposing.

The only possible advantage I see in converting your CWS contracts to CWA is that you would gain ARP to the 70+ CWA resort inventory slots for all of your non-PIC points. Do you use the ARP at either of your CWS deeded resorts today?

The problem with that is, they are verifying ownership with the resorts now, so you have to wait for the PIC transfer process to complete. It varies by the resort on how long that will take. One person, it took 5 months. Luckily, that was before they started doing verifications soon after they buy.

Rich2699

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Thanks for the replies. The reason that I'm considering this is to get the Founders benefits. I have enough points so have no need to rent any additional points. They have only offered me foreclosed CWA deeds, no PIC option. However, wouldn't another PIC only last for 5 years since I already have one? Thus, wouldn't the Founders benefits be temporary?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Thanks for the replies. The reason that I'm considering this is to get the Founders benefits. I have enough points so have no need to rent any additional points. They have only offered me foreclosed CWA deeds, no PIC option. However, wouldn't another PIC only last for 5 years since I already have one? Thus, wouldn't the Founders benefits be temporary?

PIC Plus along with a small developer purchase has no time limit. PIC Express has a five year term. The only way you would lose the points benefits from the PIC Plus contract is if the underlying weeks based timeshare with RCI integration was:

1. Acquired by Wyndham (in which case you could most likely convert the weeks based contract to Wyndham points anyways and stay intact overall at then current VIP level)
2. The non-Wyndham resort moves away from RCI
3. The non-Wyndham resort converts all weeks based contracts to points based contracts

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
You’ve been given excellent options to consider. At the end of the day do what is right for you & ignore some of the advice you’ve been given.

1. CWA Direct for $126 per 1k points is an excellent deal not a horrible deal as one advised.
2. A lot of us here have purchased CWA contract from telesales. Why? Price per 1k points. Some say go buy at a low MF resort. But you’ll pay a minimum of $160 per 1k points. It’ll take 17 years to break even on the additional cost.
3. PICs are not for everyone. There’s cons to PIC for example your PIC could lose its qualification anytime. Yes it’s happened to some here as well.
4. Buy CWA from Wyndham & low MF resorts resell.
5. If dgalati had his way Wyndham would never make a sale & go down financially, leaving us with an ownership that you could no longer enjoy.

Ponder the excellent options & don’t feel bad making that horrible deal as one said. It just might be the right one for you!!!!

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are two PIC programs PIC Plus and Pic Express..@Richelle may have more information on what amount of developer points are required to be purchased when enrolling a PIC Plus or PIC Express.

To answer your questions:

1. Most resellers will tell you what exchange their TS exchanges with. If not, just ask them.

2. You answered this with your quote in #3....yes, to qualify for the PIC program you must make a "qualified purchase" (retail) from Wyndham.

3. Yes, you must pay the program fee, too.

Still cheaper to get to VIP levels this way instead of buying all retail, even with the program fee. I have seen many 3 BR resale units that have MFs of $800 or so, for 254k points to PIC. That comes out to $3.15/thousand points where the "average" Wyndham (based on CWA) is about $5.60/thousand points.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk
I have enrolled in the PIC program this year.

I bought my PIC weeks this year resale. Your weeks can be resale Wyndham doesn't care. I was told and would recommend buying or using 2 three bedrooms. Buy RCI gold crown resorts at high demand times and you would want to use yourself.
Always check and make sure the weeks you are buying qualify for the program before purchase.

Then you enroll both weeks worth 508k points with a minimum purchase of 154k points. I bought 200k to get VIP GOLD. Achieved gold for under $40,000.00
I would not do the PIC EXPESS. Not sure but think that is when you pay to enroll for 5 years.

Ounce enrolled you pay Wyndham's program fee a little under $145 a year billed monthly about $12 with your MFs
If you deposit your week or weeks in RCI then you pay the $89 per week deposited to receive the 508k points
You pay your weeks enrolled MFs to the resort where deeded not to WYNDHAM

Your account stays VIP GOLD whether you use the weeks yourself,rent,deposit in RCI to exchange or deposit in RCI for your Wyndham points

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
You are allowed 2 PIC contracts. I have 2 PIC Plus. PIC express is not worth doing, unless you only plan to own for 5 years and then dump contracts.

Although I have 2 PIC, I do not EVER deposit them for points, I have them to get VIPP status perks.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are allowed 2 PIC contracts. I have 2 PIC Plus. PIC express is not worth doing, unless you only plan to own for 5 years and then dump contracts.

Although I have 2 PIC, I do not EVER deposit them for points, I have them to get VIPP status perks.
On PIC Express is there a developer purchase required?