• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[updated discount] 40% off W hotel's Heavenly Bed equivalent!

roadsister

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Ok, I fretted that this mattress wouldn't take away my backache and I would continue to toss and turn all night as I have the past year...well, let me tell ya....I went to bed Tuesday night and didn't wake up once...I woke up this morning WAITING for my back to hurt and...NO BACKACHE!!! I love this mattress.

The pillow top has W Hotel written in the material...the end of the mattress has a W Hotel on it for those interested in this.

They did take away my other mattress for free, set up the new one...and left me the plastic cover so I can use it for my outdoor table..lol

Thank you SO much for making me take the leap and buy something I THOUGHT I might not need....

Ok, it's 6:45 pm and gonna get ready for bed...lol

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Pat never reported back in on her delivery. I assume she is still sleeping, too. :zzz:

Our daughter, Laura G here on TUG, bought a Select Comfort bed in queen size for her bedroom, hoping to take care of her constant backache. I should let her know about this, just in case that Select Comfort is not as great as she thought.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
The pillow top has W Hotel written in the material...the end of the mattress has a W Hotel on it for those interested in this.

Tough crowd here - I was busy defending the 3 day Starwood preference in II :rolleyes:

Okay, got my bed Monday from 1-800-mattress - great delivery - took the old stuff away.

Nice and firm with a soft pillow top.....

Same as the Heavenly Bed - not so sure.

I was at Harborside Phase II in September and found the bed there rather hard - but I didn't rip the bed apart to see what I was sleeping on.

In October at WSJ in the older Hillside units, found the bed soft on top and medium firm all over.

Was nervous when I ordered this bed because DH started complaining half way thru the week that the bed was too soft :eek: - this could be a problem.

New bed arrived - and it LOOKED the same as the one at WSJ, the pillow/mattress topper LOOKED the same and felt the same but the bed overall was firmer - not as 'squishy' - which is good because of the aforementioned DH problem :rolleyes:

Conclusion
LOTS of people have slept on the WSJ bed before me....and there is a certain break-in period for that pillow top.
I feel supported and do not wake up with aches in my hips :cheer: ...this is good!

More next week :hi:

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
I was at Harborside Phase II in September and found the bed there rather hard - but I didn't rip the bed apart to see what I was sleeping on.

Harborside does not have good beds, Heavenly or otherwise. Our Phase I unit in August had a really bad bed with just so so sheets. Let's hope they replace them in the makeover!

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Harborside does not have good beds, Heavenly or otherwise. Our Phase I unit in August had a really bad bed with just so so sheets. Let's hope they replace them in the makeover!

Seconded! The Harborside beds are not good at all...

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
ya right!

Seconded! The Harborside beds are not good at all...

No wonder my 1 bedroom Premium Unit for Dec 13-20th at harborside just got taken by somebody on ebay for $1099 (only 1 bid, minimum bid):annoyed:

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy with my purchase

I am happy with my purchase. I opted for Plushtop and it is right firmness for us. The featherwed on the top makes it even better...

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
No wonder my 1 bedroom Premium Unit for Dec 13-20th at harborside just got taken by somebody on ebay for $1099 (only 1 bid, minimum bid):annoyed:

Ebay rentals are horribly low. :( Don't feel bad.

By the way, my bed is coming Monday!!!!!!!!! :banana:

Katherine

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)

I wouldn't rent or sell on ebay unless I was desperate - ebay consistently has the lowest prices.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

LOL. The bed has, IMO, absolutely nothing to do with how well your unit rents at this time...

mfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
WOW, They're FAST!!

I ordered my pillow top king on Nov. 30th to beat the deadline, and I just got a call to schedule for delivery either tomorrow or Wednesday PM... Astounding! :whoopie:

Did someone in the SF Bay Area cancel their order? :wave:

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am happy with my purchase. I opted for Plushtop and it is right firmness for us. The featherbed on the top makes it even better...

I am curious as to why you didn't just order the pillow top - I am assuming that the level of firmness of the beds is the same - it is the pillow top or feather bed or memory foam pad that would make it soft on top only....right????

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can always take the featherbed off!

I am curious as to why you didn't just order the pillow top - I am assuming that the level of firmness of the beds is the same - it is the pillow top or feather bed or memory foam pad that would make it soft on top only....right????

Grayfal, this was a no return purchase. Therefore, I just ordered the plushtop and the featherbed. The combo is working fine, otherwise I would have just taken off the featherbed and put it on another mattress in the guest bedroom. It would have been a pain to take off the "Pillow top":wall:

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grayfal, this was a no return purchase. Therefore, I just ordered the plushtop and the featherbed. The combo is working fine, otherwise I would have just taken off the featherbed and put it on another mattress in the guest bedroom. It would have been a pain to take off the "Pillow top":wall:

Good point......

and shouldn't we be hearing from Kath and DH - their bed was coming this afternoon :whoopie:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Good point......

and shouldn't we be hearing from Kath and DH - their bed was coming this afternoon :whoopie:

The latest report is that Kath's DH forgot! :D

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The latest report is that Kath's DH forgot! :D

Someones gunna be in BIG trouble :cool:

No Happy :zzz: tonight in the SD Household :eek:

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
DH = :rolleyes: :confused: :ignore: :eek: :annoyed:

DH in the doghouse tonight unless they come for a redelivery in the next 30 minutes. I called them and they said "maybe" if they are still in the area with their last delivery...

Katherine

mitchandjeanette

TUG Member
Reaction score
DH = :rolleyes: :confused: :ignore: :eek: :annoyed:

DH in the doghouse tonight unless they come for a redelivery in the next 30 minutes. I called them and they said "maybe" if they are still in the area with their last delivery...

Katherine

So how is DH doing??

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
DH's skin was saved by good customer service. :banana: They showed up at 7:45pm yesterday and brought the mattress. Good thing too because it rained last night (for the first time since February!!). He would have slept outside otherwise.

2 words for the mattress: VERY SOFT!

I am not sure if this is good or bad. I got the pillowtop model and I am pretty sure it has some sort of memory foam on the inside. The mattress underneath the pillowtop is firm. But thanks to the TUG weight loss challenge :)hysterical: ), my swelte little tushy never touched the firm mattress all night. I was on the pillowtop the whole time so it felt like sleeping on clouds. For me, this is a bit of an adjustment since my old mattress was pillowtop but much more firm feeling. We'll see over the next couple of weeks how I get used to it. I slept fine but it was wierd to be melted into the mattress so much.

One thing I noticed is that with the foamy top, your body forms a little groove in the bed. Every time I turned to my side, I could feel this groove and kinda rolled into it again. It was wierd. Not bad -- just different.

Otherwise the bed is gorgeous. It is a light creamy color with subtle W's on the pillowtop. Says Simmons on the outside too. Very soft outside made of nice materials. The mattress is heavy and bulky and strong. The stitching is really very pretty. I think if you go to a mattress store and look at those $3000 mattress sets, this one is just like them. :)

So I give it 4 stars out of 5. Mostly because Starwood changed the 5* requirements so I think it should be even better to get to 5*. OK, kidding. But I am worried about the pillowtop denting permanently with time so I am asking for a pre-printed receipt to keep in my files for their 10 year warranty.

Katherine

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't think mine is VERY soft! I have these darn bones that used to be covered in fat and they are just plain annoying :eek:
I will have to do a test this weekend :whoopie:

Last edited:

JEFF H

Reaction score
I ordered the pillowtop Cal-king Set today using the 40% off coupon from Last month and it still worked.

timsteele88

Reaction score
Westin Heavenly Bed

Does anyone know of a WESTIN HEAVENLY BED promotional code?

mitchandjeanette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a WESTIN HEAVENLY BED promotional code?

I couldn't find one, but I did some checking and emailed simmons and this is there response re: the difference between the W bed and the Heavenly bed

Thank you for contacting Simmons. In regards to both products, they are in the same line which is the classic line. The Heavenly Bed, however, has a little more foam than the W Bed. They both have the same coil count and wire gauge.

we ordered the W bed and should get it this weekend, we'll let you know if we can tell a difference. :zzz:

Last edited: