• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[updated discount] 40% off W hotel's Heavenly Bed equivalent!

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
This 40% off coupon code is working again:

WX4T7

Here is what you have been waiting for... :D

Katherine
Thanks... we used the code tonight. We are on our 2nd heavenly bed so, this was a deal. They didn't even charge sales tax. Nice!

roadsister

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Thinking of buying the featherbed top to put on my Pillow top mattress...anyone have one? They have a mattress topper that is synthetic also.
Comments needed please.

uop1497

Reaction score
40% off W hotel's heavenly bed equivalent!

I am looking to buy a new bed as well. I am glad to run into this thread. Can some please post a link to the store so that I can see and making order. From what I read here, there are two diffrent sites to sell the Westin Heavenly bed?

I am curious with the coupon code WX4T7, how should I use it. Please explain. I can not find anywhere to put in the coupon code at http://www.whotelsthestore.com

By the way, I have an old mattress box (Queen size). If I only order the Plush Top Mattress. Will it work well?

Thanks..

Last edited:

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
You enter the coupon during checkout, just before the order is placed. You first go through a couple of screens where you enter your address and such, and then when it asks for your credit card there's a box where you can enter the coupon code.

BTW, this coupon says that it is a non-transferable employee discount.

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
How much is the bed? Can you buy just the mattress? I have a really good mattress, Stearns and Foster, but it is old now, almost 20 years and we put memory foam on it and it may be that which is worn out, but I have problems sleeping and back problems, so I'm considering this change.
Liz

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
20 years old is way too old for a mattress (over 10 years too old) - no wonder you are having issues (I learned this lesson as well sleeping on an old mattress). The Heavenly mattress does need a box spring underneath (they do offer a low profile one) - I am not sure of the exact price, but comparatively for the quality it is a very good price.

gravitar

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a new bed as well. I am glad to run into this thread. Can some please post a link to the store so that I can see and making order. From what I read here, there are two diffrent sites to sell the Westin Heavenly bed?

I am curious with the coupon code WX4T7, how should I use it. Please explain. I can not find anywhere to put in the coupon code at http://www.whotelsthestore.com

By the way, I have an old mattress box (Queen size). If I only order the Plush Top Mattress. Will it work well?

Thanks..

When i got my Westin Heavenly Bed the documentation said the warranty was void without the use of a Westin Heavenly Bed box spring

ciscogizmo1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How much is the bed? Can you buy just the mattress? I have a really good mattress, Stearns and Foster, but it is old now, almost 20 years and we put memory foam on it and it may be that which is worn out, but I have problems sleeping and back problems, so I'm considering this change.
Liz

Yikes... 20 years old... you need a new mattress. We paid $900 for the Cal King for the mattress only. We didn't buy a new box spring as we have the old one from our Heavenly bed. The bed was normally $1449 and we got 40% off. So, your price will depend on which bed you buy. There is the pillow top set and the plush top set.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Liz

Liz:

If you go to the very first post in this thread, the link there shows you all the options. You can get mattress only or mattress plus box spring. They offer pillow top and plush sets and various sizes, from twin to king size. The discount seems to also be good for pillows and other accessories.

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
Okay, finally ordered this

I was supposed to have ordered this bed months ago :eek: ! I finally hit the submit button tonight!

I hope we love it. If not, there will be a barely used Cal King Pillowtop mattress for sale in the Bay Area on craigslist!

I didn't see anything about White Glove delivery, it just said "Standard Shipping."

JEFF H

Reaction score
CAUTION:
We purchased the W hotel pillowtop king size bed in December and have been very disapointed in it.
I read it was the same bed as used at Westin Hotels and we knew we liked thoes very much. Turns out the ones made for the Westin hotel use are different than the ones for home sales.
The W Hotel pillowTop is not the same bed as the Westin Heavenly bed
used at Westin resorts. Maybe if you buy the real Westin Heavenly Bed from WESTIN it will be better. This is a lower grade version From W hotels for home use. Its marked a W hotel so don't make the mistake I did and belive its a Westin Heavenly Bed.
We have slept on Westin Resorts Heavenly beds and our W hotel Pillow top is not even close.
Its a simmons beauty Rest mattress made for W hotel store sales.
IF you need a new mattress goto your local mattress store and try out the different sets and find the right padding and firmness level that fits you.
Buying a mattress online is not a good idea as you can't try it out and they don't accept returns. I only wish I would have taken this advise last December.
After only a few months of use the firmness of the mattress has broken down. The warranty doesn't apply because firmness is excluded. You have to show body impressions of more than 1 1/2 inch for warranty replacement. on a pillow top this is impossible to show as all the padding pops back up hiding the weak spring problem. It's the fact the springs lose their tension and go weak under your weight thats the problem and they have no measurment for that or warranty coverage.

Last edited:

Captron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVRx3 SBP Worldmark
Jeff,

There has been talk in this thread about two different W beds and some people prefer one over the other. Someone here actually has both and posted about the difference. Is it possible you just ended up with the wrong one....meaning not the one you expected?:shrug:

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey Jeff,

Are you still a guest with over 900 posts?? WOW! I would recommend donating the small fee to join TUG officially.

I have the pillowtop king as well as a pillowtop queen in the guest room. I got it around October. I have had absolutely no problems with either bed. I think the springs are perfect (not too soft and not too firm) and the pillowtop is fantastic. Yes the pillowtop conforms to your body shape each day but the next day it goes back to ground zero and is equally comfortable night after night....

Katherine

JEFF H

Reaction score
Jeff,
There has been talk in this thread about two different W beds and some people prefer one over the other. Someone here actually has both and posted about the difference. Is it possible you just ended up with the wrong one....meaning not the one you expected?:shrug:

W hotel store sells a Plush and a pillow top. The Pillow Top I had read was just like the Westin Heavenly bed and it turned out it was not.
I talked to Simmons customer service and was told
The Westin Heavenly Bed used in the resorts and hotels are manufactured to a higher durability standard and designed to last longer.
If you want a real Westin Heavenly bed you need to purchase it from the Westin store not the W bed from W hotel store.
The other problem with these mattresses is they are one sided only, only one side is padded that you can sleep on the other side just has a felt type cloth cover over the springs. The mattress feels very flimsy when moving around compared to a solid double sided mattress.
With a double sided mattress you can flip it and get even ware.
The springs have already weakened in the areas where the wife and I sleep.
I'm on the heavy side so I would blame it on my weight; my wife however is tall and of average weight and her side has the same problem.
You can stand along the side of the bed and take your hands and push down lightly on the mattress as you move from top to bottom and side to side and feel how the springs have weakened only in the areas we sleep. They spring back up when you remove the pressure but they don't have the same level of support they had 6 months ago. The 10 year warranty does not cover this so it’s basically useless. W hotel store took the order but then they contracted it out to 1-800 mattress stores.
I read all the positive posts before I purchased this mattress last Dec and felt assured it was a good mattress just like the Westin heavenly bed I have slept on at Westin resorts many times. After 6 months it’s not even close.
Maybe I was just unlucky and received a bad one who knows.
If others are happy with their W beds thats great and I only wish the wife and I could say the same.

JEFF H

Reaction score
Hey Jeff,
Are you still a guest with over 900 posts?? WOW! I would recommend donating the small fee to join TUG officially.
Katherine

Hi Katherine,
I'm glad your enjoying your W bed.
Sadly for us Were ready to toss ours and start over.
I was a fee paying member of TUG for alot of years but then let my membership expire after I stopped visiting the site.
I started back in the *p prodigy days of old. I was with TUG when Bill Rogers first started it with the original printed TUG newsletter. I still have thoes old newsletters and the first 7-8 resort reviews in the newsletters were ones I did. I did several online reviews over the years as well.
I also delivered the TUG top 10 reward to the Royal resorts for Bill several years back.
Not sure why I never acheived TUG lifetime member status. Its likely because I have not been as active on TUG the last 3-4 years as I once use to be.
I still check the boards every now and then usually when tug friends email me and ask if I have seen a Specific topic or discussion that has come up.
I would rejoin TUG if I planned to be active or have a timeshare unit to sell in the Classified section.

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
I was supposed to have ordered this bed months ago :eek: ! I finally hit the submit button tonight!

I hope we love it. If not, there will be a barely used Cal King Pillowtop mattress for sale in the Bay Area on craigslist!

I didn't see anything about White Glove delivery, it just said "Standard Shipping."

Update. The mattress just arrived! They only sent one guy to do the delivery, and he could not get the old mattress down the stairs, so they will have to come back to take that one away. The old one is a Simmons World Class Beautyrest "Exceptionale" versus this new one which is a W Hotel Simmons World Class Beautyrest Pillow Top. It has "Beautyrest" all over the sides of the mattress, and subtle "W Hotels" repeated on the top. The underside is just a thin filmy material, like interfacing.

Now it is too hot to make the bed, but I will do that later. I hope we love it :) .

ciscogizmo1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Update. The mattress just arrived! They only sent one guy to do the delivery, and he could not get the old mattress down the stairs, so they will have to come back to take that one away. The old one is a Simmons World Class Beautyrest "Exceptionale" versus this new one which is a W Hotel Simmons World Class Beautyrest Pillow Top. It has "Beautyrest" all over the sides of the mattress, and subtle "W Hotels" repeated on the top. The underside is just a thin filmy material, like interfacing.

Now it is too hot to make the bed, but I will do that later. I hope we love it :) .
Hmmm... we haven't gotten ours yet ;-( I'll have to talk to dh about that!

captkk

Reaction score
Heavenly Bed Discount Code

Does anyone know the new employee discount code for the heavenly bed. The wife really wants one so I need the new code please!
Thanks

Kamehameha

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WPORV, SMV

captkk

Reaction score
Looking for the code for westin-hotelsathome.com not the W Store

Thanks for the code. It does work at the W Store. We were thinking of the Heavenly Beds at the Westin. Is there a difference between the 2 beds?
Thanks for the help.

mitchandjeanette

TUG Member
Reaction score
10,000 Bonus Starpoints

Not sure if the 40% is still good, but I saw this on SPG and thought it might be useful to someone....

10,000 Bonus Starpoints
Purchase a Westin Heavenly Bed during the month of December and receive 10,000 bonus Starpoints. Use promotion code 10KSTAR2. Learn More

nodge

TUG Member
Reaction score
25% OFF sale at online Westin Store

Hi Gang,

Starwood just posted this press release informing folks that everything at the online Westin store, including heavenly beds, will be 25% OFF for two weeks starting tomorrow (July 16th).

I don't know how a sale qualifies as "press release" worthy, but consider yourselves fully informed of this latest Starwood "news."

-nodge

gravitar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale - Includes Heavenly Bed

Sale starts July 16 and ends August 2
Available only at stores with "At Home" Department

Same 25% discount as the current Starwood promo, except if you have never had the good fortune to try one out you can catch a quick nap in the store and try it out! :)

Save on shipping - I used this sale two years ago and my shipping took 1 week. Starwood advised "several weeks" for delivery

Nordstrom doesn't carry every bedding item so if you want the "whole thing" you might need to order some from Starwood

Earn some Miles while you are shopping - Use the shopping mall from your airlines program - Nordstrom is on most of them, and earn miles for the bedding purchase as well. (Cannot buy the mattress from the online stores)

Starwood charges $225.00
Nordstrom charges $200.00

Spoke with the store in Dallas and you can get the price today!

Happy Sleeping!

Last edited:

skinny D

Reaction score
does anyone have the 40% off code for the Heavenly Bed?

it seems like they've changed it from the few i've seen posted on here lately...
Any helps appreciated!
Thanks!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hi and welcome to TUG!

This thread was started in 2008, so some of the info. is no longer current.