• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[updated discount] 40% off W hotel's Heavenly Bed equivalent!

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I couldn't find one, but I did some checking and emailed simmons and this is there response re: the difference between the W bed and the Heavenly bed

Thank you for contacting Simmons. In regards to both products, they are in the same line which is the classic line.
The Heavenly Bed, however, has a little more foam than the W Bed. They both have the same coil count and wire gauge.

we ordered the W bed and should get it this weekend, we'll let you know if we can tell a difference. :zzz:
Having slept on both beds in the last 3 weeks I would say that is true.
The heavenly bed at WSJ was softer then the W bed I have in my home.

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
WOW! Cannot imagine what the Heavenly bed is like. My W pillowtop is so soft I feel like I am falling into a vad of milk every night. :D

You'll just have to try mine out Sunday to compare! :banana:

Have a safe trip to CA! Katherine

JEREMYB1234

Reaction score
Does Any One Have A Discount Code For 40% Off Heavenly Beds???

I Am Desperately Looking For A Discount Code For The Heavenly Bed.....i Wanna Buy The Entire Ensemble> Does Anyone Know Of A Current 40% Off???? And I Only Want The Real Heavenly Bed...

I Am Willing To Pay A Cash Reward Of $100 To The First Person That Can Find One For Me.

Thanks

Jeremy

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jeremy, I'll take that cash reward! I bought too many TSs and could use some $$ :) Just use the code on the very first page, first post (WH4X5). It worked for me last night when I ordered pillowcases. I just checked and it worked again. I am going to call my mom because she wanted a bed too.

:) Katherine

Followup: both mom and dad ordered beds and sheets. I ordered some pillows so I can give reports on those in a week or so. Coupon still working tonight. :D

Last edited:

Vacationlvrs

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN (Annual Island View 2 Weeks)
Westin KORVN (EOY Odd Ocean Front Week
1 week)
Thanks for the info!

SDKath - thanks for posting the coupon information about the W-bed discount. We ordered the pillowtop Cal-King on Sunday, got the 40% discount and were told that it will be delivered to Tahoe in 2-3 weeks! We have a SleepNumber bed at home that we love, but didn't want to spend that much for our cabin. Thanks again for sharing the info!!!

roadsister

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I too used the coupon (that was supposed to end 10/31) on 11/9 and ordered more things. Maybe the coupon will never expire!

JEREMYB1234

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Thanks For The Info Guys But All Those Codes Are For The W Store, And Not Westin At Home.

Does Anyone Know Of A 40% Off For The Westin At Home Store.

Thanks For Any Help...

The $100 Reward Is Still On The Table!!!

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
So how is the W bed?

We are in the market for a new bed. For those of you who bought the W bed online, what do you think now after a couple of months? I am having a bit of back discomfort and I think it is time for a new bed. I am thinking about the Pillowtop W Bed, but don't know where to test drive one. I love the Heavenly Bed, though at times it is a bit squishy. Is the W bed less squishy or the same?

roadsister

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I love mine...no more backache....less squishy is my opinion.

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are in the market for a new bed. For those of you who bought the W bed online, what do you think now after a couple of months? I am having a bit of back discomfort and I think it is time for a new bed. I am thinking about the Pillowtop W Bed, but don't know where to test drive one. I love the Heavenly Bed, though at times it is a bit squishy. Is the W bed less squishy or the same?

I've had mine for a few months now. My hip pain is completely gone!!! I can't believe it. I've had it since the birth of my first daughter 9 years ago and now no more. I have not done anything else different so I am giving the bed the credit. I love it! I have the pillow top and the squishiness has really settled down to sheer and utter comfort.

I also have one of the sheet sets (see my previous post) and the more I wash it, the more soft it gets. It is by far our favorite sheet set both in terms of softness and looks. I am thrilled. I also ordered the plushtop downstairs in our guest room in a queen and my family raved about it over the holidays.

I like our pillow top but I do think it's a bit more soft and squishy than the plushtop. I guess it's personal preference. Could not be happier though!

Katherine

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I love mine...no more backache....less squishy is my opinion.

I love mine as well - it is less squishy then the Heavenly Bed I slept on at WSJ.

My husband and my cat also really like it.

Kath, glad to hear the relatives liked the new bed and do not miss the 'slab' they slept on before.... :rofl:

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the great feedback.

So now the question is, do I pay my MFs first, buy a new water heater, or buy a bed?!?:eek:

Do I get double Starpoints for buying a W bed online with my SPG AMEX :rolleyes: ?

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I vote for the bed - it makes everything else seem unimportant :hysterical:

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I vote for the bed - it makes everything else seem unimportant :hysterical:

Sold! I think I will order it tonight :banana: . I can do without hot water....

jb78

Reaction score
I'm sold on the W bed, but I'm stuck on which one to get. Do I go with the pillow top or the plush top with the featherbed padding? Which would be softer? Would the feather bed and the pillowtop be over kill? One last question :) I've heard you are supposed to flip mattresses occasionally to increase their lifespan, if you get a pillowtop isn't it impossible to flip the mattress because the pillow side would be face down? Thanks in advance for your help.

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

It's been about 3 months now that we have had our beds (we have a pillowtop and my guest room has the plush top). I absolutely LOVE it. The more I sleep on it, the more I adore my bed. My hip pain is 100% gone and I sleep like a log every night. So does DH.

I think the pillow top is a better option personally. The pillow is softer but the mattress underneath is actually firm. So you don't feel like you are sleeping in double pillows or anything. I don't think it's overkill. The plushtop is nice but not as cushy and not quite as "luxurious" feeling. It is hard to explain the difference but since we have both mattresses, I definitely prefer the pillowtop to the plush. My parents agree too by the way. They have both too and they use the pillowtop and delegated the plush top to their guest room too.

As for the flipping, these beds don't require it. I had a pillowtop for the last 10 years too and I did not need to flip it, but I did rotate it between DH's side and my side just for variety. There is a 10 year guarantee on the mattress and if you have problems with it sinking in after a few years, just call W and get a new one sent!

Katherine

jb78

Reaction score
SDKath, thanks so much for your reply. I also was thinking the pillowtop might be the better option but then I read that the hotels actually do a plush top plus a featherbed topper. Would the featherbed topper plus the pillowtop be over kill? Which option would end up being softer?

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
SDKath, thanks so much for your reply. I also was thinking the pillowtop might be the better option but then I read that the hotels actually do a plush top plus a featherbed topper. Would the featherbed topper plus the pillowtop be over kill? Which option would end up being softer?

I think if you do the plushtop and put something on it, it will be a squishy bed with no support. I did that downstairs in our guest room because I wanted to protect the mattress so I put a feathertop on it that I had from before. My inlaws complained saying they sink about 10 inches into the mattress and it is just not comfy.

I would go for the pillowtop. :) Katherine

kelela92

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was curious.....I read in this thread that the mattresses are basically Simmons Beautyrest Classic. DH and I bought a Beautyrest WorldClass with the plush top about 3 years ago. All I can say is I hate the memory foam. I can feel where my butt has left a big indentation. lol. Ugh.

I'm just wondering, do the W beds have memory foam, or is that why you guys like to go with the plush tops? I think due to me being overweight (for my height), the bed is just too soft and I sink. OR maybe it's too firm and I just am sore. lol. Who knows.

BTW, the OCT 40% still works. $800 is a good deal for a Cal King. :) Maybe I'll just buy some sheets. We could use some.

Oh yeah, I've also noticed a BIG BIG BIG lump btwn DH and I. I mean, it's very noticeable and I'm pretty sure it's not the dogs. I'm disliking the bed. It makes me wonder, if the W bed is actually a lower version of mine, what is going on.

Anyhow. I have slept on the Sheraton beds, but not the W beds. Hmmm....I mean, I guess I have one at home, to a point. I do know, feathertops kill my back. Slept on one of those in a very plush hotel. My body was all jacked up, ruined my time there. Sigh.

Maybe I need to go book a room at the local W. :) lol

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think any excuse to go to a W Hotel is a good one. :D

Katherine

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
I was curious.....I read in this thread that the mattresses are basically Simmons Beautyrest Classic. DH and I bought a Beautyrest WorldClass with the plush top about 3 years ago. All I can say is I hate the memory foam. I can feel where my butt has left a big indentation. lol. Ugh.

I'm just wondering, do the W beds have memory foam, or is that why you guys like to go with the plush tops? I think due to me being overweight (for my height), the bed is just too soft and I sink. OR maybe it's too firm and I just am sore. lol. Who knows.

BTW, the OCT 40% still works. $800 is a good deal for a Cal King. :) Maybe I'll just buy some sheets. We could use some.

Oh yeah, I've also noticed a BIG BIG BIG lump btwn DH and I. I mean, it's very noticeable and I'm pretty sure it's not the dogs. I'm disliking the bed. It makes me wonder, if the W bed is actually a lower version of mine, what is going on.

Anyhow. I have slept on the Sheraton beds, but not the W beds. Hmmm....I mean, I guess I have one at home, to a point. I do know, feathertops kill my back. Slept on one of those in a very plush hotel. My body was all jacked up, ruined my time there. Sigh.

Maybe I need to go book a room at the local W. :) lol

We did the same thing. Our old pillowtop set was 11 years old and I was starting to get backaches. We looked around late Dec and also bought the Simmons Beautyrest Worldclass which is the next tier above the Classic. We liked it better than the Classic which is the W bed. I love it...no more backaches. My concern is that it will compress with time, but it's my understanding that you should replace a mattress after 6-8 years of use, so ours was long overdue. Got a great deal and by my calculations, even if it needs to be replaced after 6 years, the yearly cost of use is so low, it's well worth it! Also got the low profile box which looks much better in the sleigh bed set.

If yours is lumping after 3 years of use, I'd complain and expect replacement under the warranty.

Ingrid

Last edited:

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
This 40% off coupon code is working again:

WX4T7

Here is what you have been waiting for... :D

Katherine

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
We love the Heavenly Bed - this bed is a BIG PLUS for staying at (and owning) Westins' - thought of this over the weekend at Napa (Verasa). Our traveling friends bought one after their first WSJ stay.

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
We love the Heavenly Bed - this bed is a BIG PLUS for staying at (and owning) Westins' - thought of this over the weekend at Napa (Verasa). Our traveling friends bought one after their first WSJ stay.

I've had mine for almost a year and I still LOVE it. Also got one for our guest room (queen pillowtop) and everyone comments on how comfy it is.

I also just received AMAZING service from the W Store. I emailed them a few weeks ago because one of my duvet's zippers broke and I was unable to close up the comforter into the duvet cover anymore. I asked if they had any sort of exchange or warranty since it was much $$ and not even a year old. I got no reply to my email so I was starting to wonder if I would need to make a call or two.

Just a few days ago, a brand new duvet showed up at my doorstep from the W Store, free of charge! :cheer: :cheer:

Katherine