• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

tug printed items

TUG Swag poll!

• TUG Bumper sticker

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • TUG Oil change style sticker

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • TUG round small sticker

Votes: 24 63.2%

• Total voters

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
since the banner has been quite popular....the guy who did the banner sent me an email asking if we wanted to print up some other items to give to members and such.

ie tug bumper stickers, or little tug decals, or other tug items that could be printed on a small sticker or vinyl paper etc. maybe even some of those "oil change" type static stickers?

what would some of you guys be interested in? (new ideas will be added to the poll as they come in!)

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bumper stickers etc that go on cars don't appeal to me;TUG is the sort of thing I would want to brag about while on vacation. Perhaps instead some pre-printed business-card sized invitations to join TUG, with a blank to write in our referral email?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
you mean the ones from cafepress? ha...my dad set that up forever ago...id have to go look at what they look like as its not ringing a bell!

the stuff on cafepress you all would pay for...these little items id just send out to those interested.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I have thought about printing business cards myself, with the website address and my username. Gotta get that lifetime membership. :D I have a few referrals, just need a few more.

Doesn't it take ten referrals for the TUG lifetime membership?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
yes indeed....10 referrals.

charles...got a better idea for a new logo? im not at all a graphics artist or designer.

heck I have difficulty drawing stick figures =)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
=D better?

Attachments

• TUGCHAMPION.GIF
    TUGCHAMPION.GIF
    4.1 KB · Views: 347

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
tis what im hoping for!

Dori

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Gee, I've always liked the logo. Of course, the palm tree is my favourite category of flora, and invokes images of warm sunny climes! :D

Andar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Newport Coast Villas
Shadow Ridge
I think the logo is okay, but it might be better if the graphic was smaller and the TUG was bigger. I don't like to have advertisement on my car or clothes but I will wear a small descreet logo of something I believe in (especially to timehare presentations!) :ignore:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I was thinking that for the small stickers etc...id just use a smaller version of the TUG banner...no real graphics.

Transit

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was thinking that for the small stickers etc...id just use a smaller version of the TUG banner...no real graphics.

I think thats a good look for a sticker.The TUG font,blue and red colors with the white backround will look very familiar.Now if only we can get you to put back the life preserver avatar back.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
i can do that...sorry...that one amused me.

I grow bored of the same thing over and over!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ok...so the printer guy gets back next week and im going to have some samples of each of these made (obviously the small sticker seems to be the favorite)

Ill be giving these out to various members, need some ideas on contests to award these as prizes.

they arent super expensive or anything, so im not looking for extremely complex or detailed contests...just something simple where the winners will get these items. based on that we can have more made and continue on with it.

Whos got some ideas (best ideas will win stickers...see how easy this is???)

I was thinking any of the people who participated in the banner can pick an item of their choosing for the first one.

What else can we think of? longest thread of the week/month? (whoever started the photo thread deserves 2 prizes now that I think about it!)

talk to me goose! whats a fun way to give these things out once made?

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Oval Stickers In O. B. X. Style

med_obx_sticker.jpg

-- hotlinked --

There are those who think the oval OBX-style stickers have jumped the shark.

Not me.

I think stickers like that have become a standard format.

So what TUG ought to print & distribute is oval OBX-style stickers in black & white, with a small curved line of print below the 3 capital letters saying Timeshare Users Group - [I]www.tug2.net[/I]

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
can probably do something like that. ill bring it up when i speak to the printer.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Printa-Printa-Printa.

can probably do something like that. ill bring it up when i speak to the printer.
Outstanding !

Accordingly, in the poll I vote for None Of The Above -- unless the bumper sticker option includes the black-&-white oval OBX-style design.

Plus, when the printer has the oval-sticker design all completed & ready to go, TUG should make it available (members only -- password, etc.) for printing out at home via the TUG web page.

swift

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

Plus, when the printer has the oval-sticker design all completed & ready to go, TUG should make it available (members only -- password, etc.) for printing out at home via the TUG web page.

The problem I see with this is that in all honesty it would probably go unused if left up to the user to go down to the local office supply store to purchase the special type of printer sticker paper and then come home and print it out. Also, not everyone is computer savvy and would understand how to down load the image to print it out or align it correctly for their printer.

Why would you want a TUG advertisement be for members only? :shrug:

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Too Simple ?

The problem I see with this is that in all honesty it would probably go unused if left up to the user to go down to the local office supply store to purchase the special type of printer sticker paper and then come home and print it out. Also, not everyone is computer savvy and would understand how to down load the image to print it out or align it correctly for their printer.

Why would you want a TUG advertisement be for members only?
Shux, I'll just print'm out on regular paper & place'm on the insides of the car windows with the printed side next to the glass.

Plus, I expect TUG members to be more mindful of the best ways to use TUG promotional materials than the non-members, advertising & non-advertising mox nix.