• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TradeWinds Cruise Club/TradeWinds Experience

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
As a person who wears a big hat at the beach and gets a sun rash after 15 minutes in the sun, even with sunscreen, this type of vacation is not something I have even considered. I so admire and am jealous of those who can be in the sun enough to take a trip like that. I love a nice boat ride with my big hat and my long sleeves and long pants. I have to protect myself even early in the morning on a whale watch.

Friends joke with me after we have been on Maui for six weeks. Where is your tan? I don't tan. I burn and get a rash of little clear blisters that itch like chicken pox. I am always in the shade or protected.

I wish I could do one of these trips you all seem to enjoy.
My friend on the trip is afraid of the ocean and hates the sun, she did just fine.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
As a person who wears a big hat at the beach and gets a sun rash after 15 minutes in the sun, even with sunscreen, this type of vacation is not something I have even considered. I so admire and am jealous of those who can be in the sun enough to take a trip like that. I love a nice boat ride with my big hat and my long sleeves and long pants. I have to protect myself even early in the morning on a whale watch.

I always have covers on and wear a hat, even in the water. I don't try to tan, I try to avoid it. Why, I have had malanoma on my back cut out. So dermatologists says cover up and sunscreen on what you can't cover.

One of the reasons I love the 60s with the Biminis, so I have better shade options. But I still love tradewinds.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I always have covers on and wear a hat, even in the water. I don't try to tan, I try to avoid it. Why, I have had malanoma on my back cut out. So dermatologists says cover up and sunscreen on what you can't cover.

One of the reasons I love the 60s with the Biminis, so I have better shade options. But I still love tradewinds.
I wore sunblock shirts most days. I got color but nothing like the burn I get in the Bahamas. I didn’t put much sunblock on either (not smart)

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I had one of the best trips with tradewinds that now I’m rethinking how I vacation. Of course the people I met made a huge difference. I made an elementary video of my tradewinds experience. Of course there is a TON that I didn’t include. As far as the sell, it was what I would consider hard comparing it to what others have told me to expect, But no big deal, I kind of enjoyed it and since I had a seller lined up before my trip I really didn’t mind the challenge.

This is the very first time I’ve put together a vacation video. The app I used was awful and I couldn’t get the video exported to a mp4 file so I had to upload a screen shot of the preview in the app. So please forgive the fact that it’s not uploaded in 4K like it was recorded in.

Here is a shorter version. Save yourself 5 minutes of awful video making lol anyone selling points?