• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TradeWinds Cruise Club/TradeWinds Experience

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
@CPNY

I'm looking into FP for 2023 or 2024
Which FP tour are you on?

Are you are flying from NYC to Tahiti? If so, what flights have you booked
Since I Used miles I couldn’t get the miles from NYC to PPT on American, I had to get LAX-PPT round trip then had to buy my one way NYC - LAX separately.

I wanted to do two nights in raiatea when I landed but friends didn’t book in time so I changed and I’m doing two nights at the Hilton in Tahiti. It’s not ideal but my friends don’t listen when they should lol. We fly to raiatea the day of the sailing. Currently I’m booked on a 1:20pm flight but I may change to the 8:20am and get a day pass at raiatea lodge. I’ll be on the boat from Fri to Fri, then fly back to Tahiti to take a ferry to moorea where I’ll stay in an airbnb for 3 nights.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I may need you to walk
All,

Okay, I've gone ahead and acquired a membership in TradeWinds Experience. I found a member in the Facebook Group page who was looking to sell 350K points for $4,000. The points were unlocked, so they had already paid about $2,800 in maintenance fees to unlock the points, so this portion of my payment was a reimbursement for the maintenance fees -- and then I had to pay $1,995 to transfer the points ($1,000) and the new member fee ($995). The points expire in 2026 so I have a reasonable time horizon to use them. As with other timeshare systems (like Marriott), it does seem like an inordinate amount of the transaction consideration goes to the timeshare organization to facilitate the transfer and I can see why most owners prefer to sell their excess points through the reservations process.

It's a smaller package that I originally anticipated seeking but there are few resales offered with most owners preferring to make reservations directly to warrant a higher purchase price and not have to be discounted because of the transfer fees. We will see how this works out, but wanted to communicate the details to my TUGging friends.

As I find come across things of interest, I will post them -- thanks all for your help over last few weeks -- I thought I would buy one eventually and this was just an opportunistic purchase. I don't think it was cheap nor overpaying, considering the transfer fees, and think this was a fair purchase for both parties.

Best,

Greg
I may need you to walk be through purchasing points, Im on a cruise now. Typing this in Bora Bora! The lowest they will go is 500K points and I will be looking to start a new account resale. What was the process?

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Hi @CPNY, how was your trip? Do you have any pictures? Did you enjoy sailing?

I‘m sailing this Saturday with Tradewinds in Belize. I’m looking forward to it.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Hi @CPNY, how was your trip? Do you have any pictures? Did you enjoy sailing?
I‘m sailing this Saturday with Tradewinds in Belize. I’m looking forward to it.
Amazing, I have so many pics and videos. I want to put them together but first I have to reach out to @dioxide45 for help in video editing. I loved sailing and I want to unload most of my ownerships and get into tradewinds….. of course I need to come off my post trip high.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
That’s how I felt. We are going back in Sep, this time a whole boat shared with friends and family. Can’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
That’s how I felt. We are going back in Sep, this time a whole boat shared with friends and family. Can’t wait!

How many points for a full boat

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Depending on the class of the boat, it’s either 500K or 600K for the whole boat. Book 4 cabins and the fifth is free (no points but still need to pay maintenance fee and AIF)

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Depending on the class of the boat, it’s either 500K or 600K for the whole boat. Book 4 cabins and the fifth is free (no points but still need to pay maintenance fee and AIF)
So if I want a whole boat I book 4 cabins at 125k and the 5 th is no points?

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Yes, at least thats the case in 2019 when I booked the whole boat. Had to postpone due to the pandemic. Some locations are less others might be more.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
So if I want a whole boat I book 4 cabins at 125k and the 5 th is no points?
Not necessarily. For a 59' yes for a 60' NO.

Also it is NO points, but you must pay the associated MF that goes with those free points.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Not necessarily. For a 59' yes for a 60' NO.

Also it is NO points, but you must pay the associated MF that goes with those free points.
I was just on a 59 and it seemed perfectly fine to me. If a 59 takes less points that would be worth it to me. Is there a point chart for how much cabins cost?

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was just on a 59 and it seemed perfectly fine to me. If a 59 takes less points that would be worth it to me. Is there a point chart for how much cabins cost?

60 vs 59s the main difference is the fly bridge. On the 60s there is a very large flybridge, most have a bimini (shade covering) up top (but not all, the first 2 did not). If you are like me and always looking for shade the 60 allows you to stay up top during sailing. Often on the 59 I have to hide below in the cockpit (where we eat) or sit with the captain, as on the 59 only the helm has the bimini.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I had one of the best trips with tradewinds that now I’m rethinking how I vacation. Of course the people I met made a huge difference. I made an elementary video of my tradewinds experience. Of course there is a TON that I didn’t include. As far as the sell, it was what I would consider hard comparing it to what others have told me to expect, But no big deal, I kind of enjoyed it and since I had a seller lined up before my trip I really didn’t mind the challenge.

This is the very first time I’ve put together a vacation video. The app I used was awful and I couldn’t get the video exported to a mp4 file so I had to upload a screen shot of the preview in the app. So please forgive the fact that it’s not uploaded in 4K like it was recorded in.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
@CPNY that is a terrific video!!!! Sure makes me want to go to French Polynesia!!! Thx for posting this….

Best,

Greg

Limace

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Grand Californian
DVC-Animal Kingdom Kidani
Amazing video! DH loves sailing and I’m happy to go along (we did a 2 week sailing trip in Greece a few months after we met)-this sounds like his kind of thing.

frankf3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Wyndham points
Great video, very nicely done! I would have loved that trip, looked like an amazing experience!

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@CPNY now you know why I have done 31 Tradewinds trips so far. LOL

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Sandy, just read your old posts on this thread. I didn’t know you have to have 100K unused points to qualify for late break. Thanks! My membership expires in 2031. We look forward to taking a s few late breaks in the next five years.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
One question: can I book for late break for other people (family members)?

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
One question: can I book for late break for other people (family members)?

No, Late break is for Members only. So if it is you and another person on the TW membership, they might let each of you take a cabin, but if you are the solo owner, you can take someone in your cabin, but you can't give a latebreak to them.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Got it. DH and I are both on the contract. So theoretically we could book two cabins and invite two guests?

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Got it. DH and I are both on the contract. So theoretically we could book two cabins and invite two guests?

I would check with TW, but I think that will work.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
As a person who wears a big hat at the beach and gets a sun rash after 15 minutes in the sun, even with sunscreen, this type of vacation is not something I have even considered. I so admire and am jealous of those who can be in the sun enough to take a trip like that. I love a nice boat ride with my big hat and my long sleeves and long pants. I have to protect myself even early in the morning on a whale watch.

Friends joke with me after we have been on Maui for six weeks. Where is your tan? I don't tan. I burn and get a rash of little clear blisters that itch like chicken pox. I am always in the shade or protected.

I wish I could do one of these trips you all seem to enjoy.