• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TradeWinds Cruise Club/TradeWinds Experience

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
And I just booked Tonga since we did FP in 2018. It's sure fun to be planning trips again!
Awesome!! I can’t wait. I’m having a friend book the same week with another RCI account and I’m hoping they put us on the same boat

Vacationsarefun

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am considering an RCI exchange for Tradewinds Greece. Does anyone have experience cruising there?

Vagabonder

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Royal, P.Bonito, RCI
I am considering an RCI exchange for Tradewinds Greece. Does anyone have experience cruising there?
I just saw this- I have done TW-Greece, if you are still interested, reply and I can tell you about how great it was and tips on getting to Lefkas base site.

Breezy52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark Platinum Owner
I just saw this- I have done TW-Greece, if you are still interested, reply and I can tell you about how great it was and tips on getting to Lefkas base site.
I'm interested, do tell!

Vagabonder

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Royal, P.Bonito, RCI
I'm interested, do tell!
The Tradewinds (TW) Greece is based in a small port on the island of Lefkada. Syvota Bay is quite small with the port and an upper road where the base office was located when we went in August 2018. We paid in through RCI as a cash trip and were aware of the AI. The crew was great, Tom and Becky took us to wonderful small islands around the Ionian Sea: Ithaka, Kefalonia, Meganassi and Cephalonia. As is typical the route was chosen by the Captain and he briefed us every morning on our intended destination. The food was fantastic and the bar well stocked. We often moored in secluded bays and only encountered our sister TW boat shipmates once on the mooring with an onshore meal. The weather was fine, only one squall. We were on cruising class and seldom desired A/C as the tradewinds cooled the cabins nicely. We had a mixture of boat mates and got along well, especially enjoyed Peter and Judy from the U.K. There was an empty cabin which gave us a bit more space in the public areas. Some of our shipmates had come into Athens and made their way via transport which seems an arduous journey. We opted to fly to Corfu where we toured and got acclimated for several days. We rented a car and took it on the ferry to Igoumenitsa (1 hour) and then drove to Lefkada, via a toll tube, and spent a night at Captain Nicks (great place). Toured a bit and was able to safely park at the base port for the duration (free). Returned the car to Corfu and spent a night before flying to LHR, spent a night and continued internationally to SFO. Great trip- I am trying to book another for when my 4 years is up.

Base site- 32 KM from Lefkada town. Sivota Bay is 32km south of Lefkada town- also called Syvota.

I clarified with the rental car co that it was okay and insurance covered it on the ferry and thankfully never had to test.

I planned my trip with a lot of research, some outdated:
Lefkada Ferries | Greek island Ferry - Ferries to Greece
www.ferries-greece.com/travel-guide/ionian/lefkada/
Lefkada is part of the Eptanisa complex, located between Corfu and Kefalonia and very close to the coast of west mainland Greece. It is the fourth largest island of the Eptanisa complex with about 23,000 residents. Along with the islets of Meganisi, Kalamo, Kasto, Skorpio, Skorpidi, Madouri, Sparti, Thilia, Kythro and other ...
Ferry from Corfu to Lefkada - Lefkada Forum - TripAdvisor
https://www.tripadvisor.com › ... › Ionian Islands › Lefkada › Lefkada Travel Forum
May 11, 2017 - There are no ferries from Corfu to Lefkada. The only way to get from one to the other is a ferry to Igoumenitsa and then the bus to Preveza from where you have a bus to Lefkada. If you are in Athens, best way to Lefkada is simply to take the bus from Kifissos bus station.
Travelling from Corfu to Lefkada via Igoumenitsa - Lefkas.Net | THE ...
lefkas.net/travelling-from-corfu-to-lefkada-via-igoumenitsa/
Dec 13, 2015 - This was impossible with flights to Preveza. Flying to Athens was also expensive, and involved a long bus journey from Athens to Lefkada. So we found that the best way of travelling to Lefkas was by flying to Corfu, taking the ferry to Igoumenitsa, and then hiring a car in Igoumenitsa.

Breezy52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark Platinum Owner
Beautiful and fun! Thanks

Breezy52

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark Platinum Owner
The Tradewinds (TW) Greece is based in a small port on the island of Lefkada. Syvota Bay is quite small with the port and an upper road where the base office was located when we went in August 2018. We paid in through RCI as a cash trip and were aware of the AI. The crew was great, Tom and Becky took us to wonderful small islands around the Ionian Sea: Ithaka, Kefalonia, Meganassi and Cephalonia. As is typical the route was chosen by the Captain and he briefed us every morning on our intended destination. The food was fantastic and the bar well stocked. We often moored in secluded bays and only encountered our sister TW boat shipmates once on the mooring with an onshore meal. The weather was fine, only one squall. We were on cruising class and seldom desired A/C as the tradewinds cooled the cabins nicely. We had a mixture of boat mates and got along well, especially enjoyed Peter and Judy from the U.K. There was an empty cabin which gave us a bit more space in the public areas. Some of our shipmates had come into Athens and made their way via transport which seems an arduous journey. We opted to fly to Corfu where we toured and got acclimated for several days. We rented a car and took it on the ferry to Igoumenitsa (1 hour) and then drove to Lefkada, via a toll tube, and spent a night at Captain Nicks (great place). Toured a bit and was able to safely park at the base port for the duration (free). Returned the car to Corfu and spent a night before flying to LHR, spent a night and continued internationally to SFO. Great trip- I am trying to book another for when my 4 years is up.

Base site- 32 KM from Lefkada town. Sivota Bay is 32km south of Lefkada town- also called Syvota.

I clarified with the rental car co that it was okay and insurance covered it on the ferry and thankfully never had to test.

I planned my trip with a lot of research, some outdated:
Lefkada Ferries | Greek island Ferry - Ferries to Greece
www.ferries-greece.com/travel-guide/ionian/lefkada/

Lefkada is part of the Eptanisa complex, located between Corfu and Kefalonia and very close to the coast of west mainland Greece. It is the fourth largest island of the Eptanisa complex with about 23,000 residents. Along with the islets of Meganisi, Kalamo, Kasto, Skorpio, Skorpidi, Madouri, Sparti, Thilia, Kythro and other ...
Ferry from Corfu to Lefkada - Lefkada Forum - TripAdvisor
https://www.tripadvisor.com › ... › Ionian Islands › Lefkada › Lefkada Travel Forum
May 11, 2017 - There are no ferries from Corfu to Lefkada. The only way to get from one to the other is a ferry to Igoumenitsa and then the bus to Preveza from where you have a bus to Lefkada. If you are in Athens, best way to Lefkada is simply to take the bus from Kifissos bus station.
Travelling from Corfu to Lefkada via Igoumenitsa - Lefkas.Net | THE ...
lefkas.net/travelling-from-corfu-to-lefkada-via-igoumenitsa/
Dec 13, 2015 - This was impossible with flights to Preveza. Flying to Athens was also expensive, and involved a long bus journey from Athens to Lefkada. So we found that the best way of travelling to Lefkas was by flying to Corfu, taking the ferry to Igoumenitsa, and then hiring a car in Igoumenitsa.
This is great info to have, thanks for all the details . So helpful. I went to their site and they have no bookings open for 2022, So I hope all is well with them. I will keep checking,

chemteach

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We purchased a 6 week contract in 2019. We have 6 weeks of travel until 2029. Then we purchased another 6 week contract this past summer that will be good until 2031. The best thing about owning with Tradewinds is that you can go on sailings that don't show up on RCI. Our purchase has been "forcing" us to go to places we would have only dreamed of going! We will be sailing to the Seychelles this summer with a couple we met on a previous cruise and 2 couples that are good friends of ours. We couldn't have done that if we hadn't purchased a contract with Tradewinds. We are also heading to Fiji summer 2023 with friends. I'm happy to answer any questions people have. The RCI weeks are a great way to discover Tradewinds. This may have been mentioned in other posts - but another great way to discover Tradewinds is to go on a member referral. This can be for any week that is available on Tradewinds, rather than going on an RCI posted week. I believe you can only go on one member referral ever. After that, you could use RCI to go on a sailboat once every 4 years (or any time if you purchase a contract.)

I love my timeshares, and now that my kids are older, I REALLY love Tradewinds! It's an experience unlike any other. Expensive, but very worth it if you enjoy being on a sailboat. :)

Keep Traveling

TUG Member
Reaction score
Question. I am looking at Tradewinds Exuma. Can the beds to separated in to two single beds?
HH

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Question. I am looking at Tradewinds Exuma. Can the beds to separated in to two single beds?
HH
I don’t think the rooms are large enough for that.

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
HH
No, there’s just one bed in the cabin - the size seems to feel like a full bed, but don’t quote me.
If the weather is good one could sleep up on deck.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Anyone have experiences with RCI exchanges/Guest Certificates for tradewinds? A friend of mine was issued a Guest certificate for a cruise. Her name is the primary on the charter but when she went to fill out the form online to pay the AI fee for herself and her guest, the RCI account holder was auto populated as the second guest and the name could not be changed. Any thoughts on how to get that changed? Does it matter as long as the AI fee for two is paid? Any insights would be greatly appreciated

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
HH

No, but if you want two solos and can't bear to sleep in the same room, someone can sleep up on deck, if they had to. Seen that happen lots of times, some people enjoy it up on deck.

Keep Traveling

TUG Member
Reaction score
You just have to E-mail the main base, they will need the new name and E-mail and can E-mail a new form.
KT

Anyone have experiences with RCI exchanges/Guest Certificates for tradewinds? A friend of mine was issued a Guest certificate for a cruise. Her name is the primary on the charter but when she went to fill out the form online to pay the AI fee for herself and her guest, the RCI account holder was auto populated as the second guest and the name could not be changed. Any thoughts on how to get that changed? Does it matter as long as the AI fee for two is paid? Any insights would be greatly appreciated

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
@CPNY
Please let your friend know that it is important to get travel insurance to cover the cost of airfare, etc. I am a Tradewinds member and have seen complaints recently on the Facebook page about some trips being cancelled. I'm not sure if RCI guests have to pay the all inclusive before the trip, but if they do the insurance should cover that also

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
@CPNY
Please let your friend know that it is important to get travel insurance to cover the cost of airfare, etc. I am a Tradewinds member and have seen complaints recently on the Facebook page about some trips being cancelled. I'm not sure if RCI guests have to pay the all inclusive before the trip, but if they do the insurance should cover that also
I saw that too. At this point I wouldn't even think about paying the AI until the absolute last possible minute.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I saw that too. At this point I wouldn't even think about paying the AI until the absolute last possible minute.
I just paid the AI fee this week for May. I read some of the cruises cancelled were in august in the Caribbean. I’m hoping FP isn’t affected. That would be horrific

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
@CPNY
I used miles for my airfare. Ill tell her to get insurance for her airfare.

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just paid the AI fee this week for May. I read some of the cruises cancelled were in august in the Caribbean. I’m hoping FP isn’t affected. That would be horrific

@CPNY

I'm looking into FP for 2023 or 2024
Which FP tour are you on?

Are you are flying from NYC to Tahiti? If so, what flights have you booked

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
@CPNY

I'm looking into FP for 2023 or 2024
Which FP tour are you on?

Are you are flying from NYC to Tahiti? If so, what flights have you booked
We are going in Sep and booked a whole boat. United Flights from JFK with a connection in SFO are very reasonable now. One of the friends are traveling from NYC. Our direct flights are in the low 700 range in regular economy (not basic).

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
@LisaH

How many days is your entire trip
Where are you staying Before and after the cruise

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
@LisaH

How many days is your entire trip
Where are you staying Before and after the cruise

It will be a two weeks vacation (Sunday to Sunday).
Sun: one night in Tahiti (Hilton or Intercontinental, haven’t booked yet)
Monday-Wed: Huahine (AirBnB)
Wed-Fri: Raiatea (Sunset Beach Motel, in a beach bungalow)
Fri-Fri: on board the Tradewinds
Fri-Sun: Moorea (Hilton)
We will fly inter-islands, but take ferries between Tahiti and Moorea. United flight leave PPT at night so trip to Moorea will work out well for us. We have stayed at Hilton Moorea and Sunset Beach motel on Raiatea before and liked both places. Looking forward to our return trip to FP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
@LisaH

Your trip sounds great
hope everything goes well
Thanks for all the information