• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Relief, Inc.

Spence

Banned
Reaction score
bsteigner said:
Well it's nice to see that a few posters are starting to make some sense on this thread. Sorry for my abscence. Very busy of late. But I have a few minutes today and just wanted to say I've talked to timeshare relief a couple times in the last couple weeks.

I would suggest talking to them, since otherwise you really don't know what you're talking about. I wondered where a lot of the mud on this thread was coming from, and after talking to them I see it was derived from thin air. The most vehement slingers seem to know the least, which in retrospect makes complete sense.

I read through a lot of the posts again (and for the first time), and see now just how much unsubstantiated crap has been thrown around here like verses from the holy bible. Oh, wait that's unsubstantiated as well.

Anyway, my timeshare saga continues. Been fun. Adios for now.
What a ridiculous post.

bsteigner

Reaction score
well maybe unsubstantiated crap is a bit harsh. I mean comments thrown around without little substantiating evidence. I'm guilty of that as well I guess.

Anyway, there are a lot of good resources on this site I haven't used yet. So i'm off to do that.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
My post is based on actual deeds to and from the postcard companies which are posted on the Dare County website. That's hardly ''unsubstantiated''!

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
To all who read this thread
Please be advised that some people who have posted in this and related threads in support of Timeshare Relief appear (1) to be posting from the same PCs as other Timeshare Relief supporters who have posted herein or (2) are posting on this topic with multiple BBS user names. Whether such person or persons (1) are associated with Timeshare Relief in an employment or ownership capacity, (2) are trying to enhance their credibility with such multiple identities or (3) have some other motive is not clear.

Please be careful in making any posts on this subject to follow the TUG BBS "Be Courteous" rule.

Spence

Banned
Reaction score
To all who read this thread

Dave M said:
Please be advised that some people who have posted in this and related threads in support of Timeshare Relief appear (1) to be posting from the same PCs as other Timeshare Relief supporters who have posted herein or (2) are posting on this topic with multiple BBS user names. Whether such person or persons (1) are associated with Timeshare Relief in an employment or ownership capacity, (2) are trying to enhance their credibility with such multiple identities or (3) have some other motive is not clear. Please be careful in making any posts on this subject to follow the TUG BBS "Be Courteous" rule.
And just to make it easy for the casual reader, bsteigner, KaileyB, and johnv are most assuredly "some people." In my opinion they should sign on as TimeshareRelief state what their business does and be done with it. Posting in the third person just adds to the poor reputation. Why don't they just be upfront about the service that they provide?Courteously posted.

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Spence said:
And just to make it easy for the casual reader, bsteigner, KaileyB, and johnv are most assuredly "some people." In my opinion they should sign on as TimeshareRelief state what their business does and be done with it. Posting in the third person just adds to the poor reputation. Why don't they just be upfront about the service that they provide?Courteously posted.

They don't do what you suggest because what they what they do is wrong. What they do may be legal, but it certainly is not ethical.

Timeshare Relief is preying on uneducated consumers and scaring them into paying money to take an asset off their balance sheets that, for the most part, has some valuable.

Actually, I believe that if they were investigated, they would probably be found to be violating some State Real Estate law. I'll bet dollars to donuts that these chaps are not licensed real estate agents. They are probably doing something like asking for Power of Attorney for transferring deeds from the current owner to another owner. And, they probably hire people to do the selling and pay them commission of some type that is also against real estate statutes. If they are receiving compensation for the sale of those timeshares other than from the person who pays them their "legal services", they are probably violating some state real estate law. And, I'll bet they are in cohoots with the closing companies to cover it all up.

If I had an axe to grind against these companies, it would be pretty easy to make their lives miserable for ripping off timeshare owners. But, I believe in free market solutions. I would rather the market just create education alternatives such as TUG and more and then these business models will simply go away. After all, it is the consumer's responsibility for the own actions and verifying the claims of all people who sell to them.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah. . . some of the state Real Estate Commissions would probably chew on them big time, if there were complaints.

Neesie

TUG Member
Reaction score
received my postcard yesterday

Just received my postcard from Timeshare Relief yesterday. It is the third such postcard in the last few months I've received with offers to "take my timeshare off my hands." According to them, it's just sitting there gathering dust!

To the Timeshare Relief wolves who are monitoring and participating in this thread I can tell you honestly that for less than $90.00 per vacation day I am exchanging into great places. Last year we got an amazing unit in Kauai, Hawaii which I would never have rented outright. This year we are getting a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 2 jacuzzi, etc. etc. in Playa del Carmen. Again, less than 90.00 per day when I divide my maintenance fee. We are accoustomed to staying in large places with multiple bathrooms & washers and dryers right in the unit.

To extend our vacation one time we had to rent a normal hotel room for one night. Our kids walked in the door and looked back at me. They said, "it's only got two beds and a tv!"

Timeshares have us spoiled. I think I'll keep mine.:whoopie:

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I know that donating timeshares as an alternative to paying Timeshare Relief has been covered here and elsewhere, but here's one just written up in Timesharing Today which sounds very good, National Foundation for Cancer Research:
www.NFCR.org/timeshare or 800-321-2873

Phill12

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is This A Joke!

Pat H said:
I agree with Cindy. Why would someone who hates timesharing and paid $3495 to GIVE it away be posting on a timeshare website? Why would you even be reading this BBS after you gave your TS away? If you were that interested, you would have come here first.

Let's see - pay $3495 or get paid as little as a $1. Which is a better deal? Gee, that's a no brainer!

I have read most of these post and still think someone is pulling our leg here!:doh:

People would rather pay one of these ripoff artist instead of listing there unit for someone on here to maybe buy. I don't care if it is only a dollar your still saving $3495 to dump it. "Get real here," you want to get rid of your unit and shouldn't at this point care who buys it as long as your off the hook! :clap:

I know timeshare owners like myself keep eye out for second unit and some own more. These statements are so far of the wall it must be a joke.

I would bet if someone listed a timeshare if decent one for $500-1000 it would be gone in one day on here.

Last edited:

Spence

Banned
Reaction score
SOFTBALLDAD3 said:
I have read most of these post and still think someone is pulling our leg here!:doh:

People would rather pay one of these ripoff artist instead of listing there unit for someone on here to maybe buy. I don't care if it is only a dollar your still saving $3495 to dump it. "Get real here," you want to get rid of your unit and shouldn't at this point care who buys it as long as your off the hook! :clap:

I know timeshare owners like myself keep eye out for second unit and some own more. These statements are so far of the wall it must be a joke.

I don't know if Tug lets us list our units but if they do bet many would be sold to owners and you get off the hook and someone gets low cost unit.

There might be a rule because I notice most people don't post what timeshares the own! PHIL:eek:
The VAST majority of TS owners are Internet illiterate, they can't find eBay or TUG. I've been to the TR presentation, I've seen who responds to the postcards, I've 'interviewed' them!

GreenMum

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm so tempted to take my TS-less friends down & help them find a good deal. Instead of those poor souls PAYING to take a decent ts off their hands---they can sign it over to someone who might be able to use it.

Spence

Banned
Reaction score
Spence said:
The VAST majority of TS owners are Internet illiterate, they can't find eBay or TUG. I've been to the TR presentation, I've seen who responds to the postcards, I've 'interviewed' them!
And here"s the timeshare of one of the people I spoke to before entering the TR presentation

DIVI BARBADOS Tropical Paradise RED WEEK Timeshare
Divi Southwinds Beach and Racquet Club -Caribbean Beach
eBay Item number: 320049354106

Took what, 3 weeks to get it turned around and on eBay.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Pretty good deal on that one. It looks pretty nice to me. I guess I do not understand.

mishugana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Moosie, your link went thru this time. The wording on their website sounds very much like that with TimeShare Relief. Probably just another alias, though one claims to be in California & the other in Las Vegas.

maybe they should have a website called deweycheetum&howe.com :)

Jestjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nevermind...........

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
maybe they should have a website called deweycheetum&howe.com :)

This was Luke Danes' line on Gilmore Girls.

Yeah, I still cannot believe there is actually a niche for these scumbags. They make money in a most despicable way.

mishugana

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I still cannot believe there is actually a niche for these scumbags. They make money in a most despicable way.

Actually it was from a 3 stooges law firm :) nyuk nyuk nyuk

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

The Dewey, Cheatham, & Howe joke predates Gilmore Girls by quite a bit. It was an old gag when I was in high school, in the 1960's.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It's a very funny line. It translates well across all generations! Of course, we don't feel that way about lawyers when we need one. ;) I am not a Three Stooges fan and never heard this before Gilmore Girls.

Back to the OP and the person who revived this old thread.

I am hoping we can affect the business of these scumbag postcard companies when this thread pops up on a Google or Yahoo search for this particular company. There are so many and the number is growing. I have three such postcards, two from companies that are new, in my possession that all arrived within a week at our house. :(

Giselherr

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with Cindy. Why would someone who hates timesharing and paid $3495 to GIVE it away be posting on a timeshare website? Why would you even be reading this BBS after you gave your TS away? If you were that interested, you would have come here first.

Let's see - pay $3495 or get paid as little as a $1. Which is a better deal? Gee, that's a no brainer!

If you are going to GIVE $3,000.00 + to get rid of your unwanted TS, why not find a bankruptee and give the bankruptee $1,000.00 to accept the deed to the TS & then the bankruptee can just list the TS as one of the "assets" to be disposed of as part of the branruptcy? What am I missing here? Any attornies out there who can elucidate this?

Giselherr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any of your assets that are not accepted by your heirs don't just conveniently disappear. The estate, or a beneficiary, has to be responsible for it. JMHO.

Phil

The estate may be liable for unaccepted/declined behests, but the TS resorts still only have until the closing of the estate to submit a claim, after the estate is closed, all submitted claims will be denied.