• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 27 years!

    Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  • TUG is asking for recent reviews of older resorts, earn a free year membership!

    Read more here
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $18,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

    Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $18 Million dollars
  • Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
  • Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

    Read more Here
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Relief, Inc.

marion10

Guest
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
280
Reaction score
0
Points
176
Maybe some attornies here will chime in- but that's always been my understanding- you don't "have" to take a bequest.
 

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
26,536
Reaction score
5,508
Points
1,049
Location
The Centennial State
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Platinum Founders(cough,gag). RCI, Shell, and WorldMark points. Disney's OKW and SSR pts; Marriott's Willow Ridge (4);Val Chatelle (7); Hono Koa (3); SBP lots and lots, SDO a few; Grand Palms (selling those). WKORV-OF (2).
bsteigner said:
I love that. Immediately try to associate any dissenting viewpoint with the "common" evil. Nice. I've seen that tactic all over these threads. "Your company." I just heard about them! Very funny. Anyway. You missed my point entirely. Yet you seem truly sincere, which brings to mind the adage that hypocisy's most abiding companion is sincerity.

You truly seem to think that someone getting back pennies on the dollar is fine (as long as it stays in a system you benefit from) but that paying someone to solve your timeshare nightmare "is disgusting" (because it's not.) There's my problem.

Listen. This industry is the way it is. I didn't understand it when I got in. I understand it now. I'm mad and I'm getting increasingly mad, the deeper I get. Everyone tries to pretend they're different. What seperates you from companies like Timeshare Relief is a matter of a small degree (and the fact that you promote while they condemn, which is the bigger difference.) I really don't have a problem with either of you. Someone has to deal with all these worthless properties. And at this point, whether I receive a dollar or pay a couple grand doesn't really matter to me. Whatever works.
I am not a hypocrite, but your company is. You sell the timeshares that you steal from owners. You say exactly the opposite when you want to sell a week as when you take it from the owner. When you list the same on ebay, it is all about how great timeshare is. That is the definition of hypocrisy.

I paid $7,500 for a week your company sold on ebay that someone paid $3,495 to get rid of. The name Vacation Solutions was on the deed, which is the same company, same M.O. You are taking money with two different stories--one pro and one con about timeshare. I think it is criminal.

I hope the people who give up their Hawaii weeks know that you are selling them for bigtime profits on ebay. It is disgusting. You prey on the uninformed. We are here to inform and help. Big difference.

What is that thing about Hitler, KBailey. That made no sense.
 
Last edited:

Bill4728

Moderator
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
10,777
Reaction score
379
Points
869
Location
Lake Tapps, WA
KaileyB said:
I'm one of the "fools" who offloaded my timeshare with Timeshare Relief and... wait for it... don't regret it. I know, I know... nuts huh?
Well then you're probably are a fool. :doh:

Granted that there are a few green weeks out there which are worthless and you may need pay someone to take them off your hands but most TS weeks are of significant value and if properly listed on Ebay will and do attract significant bids. IMHO, the fact that these companies say "that all TS weeks are worthless and that all TS weeks require a payment to them of >$3000" makes these companies SCAMMERS.
 

philemer

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2004
Messages
3,585
Reaction score
45
Points
534
Location
Anywhere a good microbrew is served!
Resorts Owned
The Park Regency, UT; The Timbers Condominiums at Island Park Resort; Dikhololo, S.A.; Club Wyndham points.
marion10 said:
Maybe some attornies here will chime in- but that's always been my understanding- you don't "have" to take a bequest.
Any of your assets that are not accepted by your heirs don't just conveniently disappear. The estate, or a beneficiary, has to be responsible for it. JMHO.

Phil
 

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
26,536
Reaction score
5,508
Points
1,049
Location
The Centennial State
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Platinum Founders(cough,gag). RCI, Shell, and WorldMark points. Disney's OKW and SSR pts; Marriott's Willow Ridge (4);Val Chatelle (7); Hono Koa (3); SBP lots and lots, SDO a few; Grand Palms (selling those). WKORV-OF (2).
The importance of educating your children/heirs is apparent here. If my kids know how to best use our 14 weeks, they will not think of them as debts but as assets. Their names are on the deeds and all three of them have never known anything but timeshare vacations. We have been using timeshare since our thirty-year-old was five. They all use our weeks and still tag along with their spouses quite a bit when we go to Hawaii and Orlando.
 

Spence

Guest
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
2,231
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
MD Suburban
Well, I got my postcard just minutes ago and have nothing better to do than to mess with them. Should I go get my GAS card and then picket the Hampton Inn, 5311 Buckeystown Pike, Frederick, MD? Should I picket them on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday?

To bad I didn't order a TS4Ms mug to use while I sat at their table/presentation.

From their postcard:
Timeshare Ownership... Not the slice of paradise you thought it would be?
Friends don't let friends buy timeshares.
When it comes to your timeshare, obey the signs.
Get Out of that Timeshare and
Never Pay Maintenance Fees Again.

Timeshare maintenance fees continue to Climb, while your timeshare gathers dust. If you are interested in getting out of your timeshare, then you will want to talk to us.


If you accept our offer, you will not be responsible for future maintenance fees or special assessments. No hassle and simple paperwork spells immediate relief. We will be in your area making offers on timeshares on the following dates:
October 27th and 28th.

Timeshare Relief is not a listing company.
If you'd like to see better signs ahead, call us now:
1-800-720-1412
Timeshare Relief, INC
2239 West 190th Street * Torrence, CA 90504
Your timeshare must be paid in full and your current maintenance fees up to date.

We are so confident in our unique approach to getting you out of your timeshare, we will pay for your gas to come see us with a FREE $25 Gas Card.

There is limited availability so call today!


According to the sweet lady on the phone, they do not buy or sell timeshares, they are a transfer company, and they have tax strategies that will get me a percentage of my money invested in my timeshare. Bring all my paperwork. Do you still use your timeshare? Are you the only owner?


Anyone got any GOOD ideas? Should all TUGgers call the Hampton Inn manager and complain? 301-698-2500
 

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2005
Messages
2,461
Reaction score
2
Points
36
Location
DC Suburban
JMHO, I believe every second you probably can find someone take advantage of others, but that does not make the world a bad one, either does make it o.k. to take advantage of the ones that has problem protect themselves.

Timeshare Relief get pay-off TS and transfer to other reseller to sell them and make some money, so it clear is not worthless. And they clear knows it. If they tell or sell the idea to the originally owner that this is worthless, they are lier to start with.

Is there a need for this kind of service? Very likely, yes. Does it add any extra value that deserve the cost they charge? I will say, for the owner that pay-off their TS, has all MF on current at the moment, they have at least the following ways to get rid of their TS with guarantee

1. talk to the resort HOA and has them take it back.
2. Give to a Charity
3. Sell themself with a condition that all process has to go through a closing company that is reputable. ANd if they really think the property is worthless, sell with condition they are willing to pay a fraction of what Timeshare Relief charges to help closing and maybe several year MF,

All these processes are guaranteed. And it costs much less.

So, where is the added value?

If they charge a fraction of the cost from owner that still has unpaid mortage, or in default of MF, and guarantee to take the whole responsibility to them. Or if they set up a presentation office accross the retail TS sale office to teach people the dark side of TS, then yes, I can see the add value.

Jya-Ning
 

bsteigner

Guest
Joined
Oct 18, 2006
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Hope this doesn't post twice. The first time didn't seem to take.

Well now this has turned into an argument. So may as well argue. First, I never meant my post to become a forum on Timeshare Relief. Second, it's strange that I should have to defend myself, when a casual purusal of any TS site reveals it crawling with TS salespeoples, resellers, as well as functionaries I've yet to decipher. What I found sad in finding my way here was the realization of the extent to which the community has become synonymous with the industry. The image I've been given from the beginning is "I'm a happy user, trust me, buy it from me." It just doesn't stop.

Should I apologize for having a forty-hour a week job that inconveniently thwarts my regularly posting on tug?

I find it funny that those accusing casual posters of propaganda seem to have forty hours a week to post (if you caught my drift.) In general, I have a hard time believing what you say because I question how you finance your TS habit? No, I don't post often. I don't have the time.

After failing to sell my week through "traditional" venues, I discovered Timeshare Relief. I found their service relevant to my situation and did some research, which is how I came here. Here I found that a few people seem to believe this entire site their domain to push their narrow and quite possibly profitable viewpoint onto the community in general. So I spoke up. I know the reponse to that will be, "Your viewpoint is narrow." I came here to research and ended up posting on a thread relevant to my situation. You won't find me on multiple threads on multiple sites singing the same song.

The bigger issue here, as I see it, is the TS industry itself. I've seen enough to know that just because happy timeshare owners exist doesn't mean the industry itself isn't rife with scam. I have to raise my eyebrows that a few people seem to have such a problem with that opinion.

A few posters here also seem to believe they speak for the entire "timeshare community" and don't seem to realize the distinction between the community and the industry. Probably because they fall into both camps--most of us fall into the former only. Some of us in the community might find Timeshare Relief's service valuable. And there's nothing wrong with that. I’m haven't even said I’m going to avail myself of their service (although I’m considering it and will probably talk to them) and already I’m tarred and feathered. Wow! You have to question such blind zealotry.
 
Last edited:

Spence

Guest
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
2,231
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
MD Suburban
bsteigner said:
Hope this doesn't post twice. The first time didn't seem to take.

Well now this has turned into an argument. So may as well argue. First, I never meant my post to become a forum on Timeshare Relief. Second, it's strange that I should have to defend myself, when a casual purusal of any TS site reveals it crawling with TS salespeoples, resellers, as well as functionaries I've yet to decipher. What I found sad in finding my way here was the realization of the extent to which the community has become synonymous with the industry. The image I've been given from the beginning is "I'm a happy user, trust me, buy it from me." It just doesn't stop.

Should I apologize for having a forty-hour a week job that inconveniently thwarts my regularly posting on tug?

I find it funny that those accusing casual posters of propaganda seem to have forty hours a week to post (if you caught my drift.) In general, I have a hard time believing what you say because I question how you finance your TS habit? No, I don't post often. I don't have the time.

After failing to sell my week through "traditional" venues, I discovered Timeshare Relief. I found their service relevant to my situation and did some research, which is how I came here. Here I found that a few people seem to believe this entire site their domain to push their narrow and quite possibly profitable viewpoint onto the community in general. So I spoke up. I know the reponse to that will be, "Your viewpoint is narrow." I came here to research and ended up posting on a thread relevant to my situation. You won't find me on multiple threads on multiple sites singing the same song.

The bigger issue here, as I see it, is the TS industry itself. I've seen enough to know that just because happy timeshare owners exist doesn't mean the industry itself isn't rife with scam. I have to raise my eyebrows that a few people seem to have such a problem with that opinion.

A few posters here also seem to believe they speak for the entire "timeshare community" and don't seem to realize the distinction between the community and the industry. Probably because they fall into both camps--most of us fall into the former only. Some of us in the community might find Timeshare Relief's service valuable. And there's nothing wrong with that. I’m haven't even said I’m going to avail myself of their service (although I’m considering it and will probably talk to them) and already I’m tarred and feathered. Wow! You have to question such blind zealotry.
We, as a community on TUG just don't agree with anything you've said in favor of Timeshare Relief. They lie, there are no legal Tax Strategies that can get you a percentage of your 'investment' back. They take your money telling you how bad timeshares are and, guess what, they, under a different 'hat,' then promote them to sell what they have made you pay them to take. Capitalism at its best/worst?
 

johnmfaeth

TUG Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2006
Messages
2,601
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
Northeast PA
At least in NY and PA the law is that the heirs can reject any or all of their inheritance property, goods, or money.

If no heir comes forward willing to take it, the property is turned over to the State.

That is assuming that the title is strictly in the name of the deceased and that no financing was co-signed by a surviving (living) individual.

This is a COMMON lie by the scammers.
 

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
26,536
Reaction score
5,508
Points
1,049
Location
The Centennial State
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Platinum Founders(cough,gag). RCI, Shell, and WorldMark points. Disney's OKW and SSR pts; Marriott's Willow Ridge (4);Val Chatelle (7); Hono Koa (3); SBP lots and lots, SDO a few; Grand Palms (selling those). WKORV-OF (2).
Blind zealotry--you must be kidding. We own timeshare and bought from developers early in our timesharing lives. Do we regret buying our first from developers? Yeah, I often wish we didn't pay that much for our first two weeks back in 1981 and 1985. Are developers scammers? Yes. But we made the most of our purchases and realize the value of what we own. Now we own lots of weeks and I have only sold one for a song that did not trade well and had high maintenance fees. I sold it for $1K, including closing costs and paid $7,200 from the developer in 1981.

As for the time that some of us spend on TUG: We own a business that keeps me in front of a computer, my work keeps me busy about 60 hours per week at this time of year. Timeshare is my hobby and I love every minute of searching for that perfect exchange and posting here to help others. Not that I need to explain myself to you.

If you would prefer to ignore the advice that TUG provides above for selling your timeshare yourself, then go ahead and pay to have someone take it off your hands. Why seek out TUG and post here, if you have already made up your mind as to what you plan to do? If you are really a person who cannot use a timeshare and have no idea how to make the best of your ownership, then go ahead and make a second mistake and pay $3,495 to that company and they in turn will turn around and resell your week for a profit on ebay. :annoyed: It's your money. I am not offering to buy your week, if that is what you are hoping for, I have enough.

Me thinks thee dost protest too much. You could say that about me, but I am not the one trying to make Timeshare Relief seem like a legitimate operation and have nothing to gain for telling those who would bother to read this thread the truth: Timeshare Relief is going to charge to take that week and possibly not even take the week out of your name. There are no guarantees. They are scammers of a different sort, yet you would use them? Seems kinda nuts to me. :rolleyes:
 

KaileyB

Guest
Joined
Sep 28, 2006
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Location
New York
In bed with the devil

You know what I'm curious about? Why everyone here crowing about Timeshare Relief and how they would NEVER do business with them knows so damn much about how they operate? I'm curious why a company that tells the truth about timeshare investments (do a simple google search and you'll find the same information) irks you all so badly. I suspect it's because it's hurting your bottom line. I suspect it's because this board is filled with people embedded in the timeshare industry. Why else would you be so rabidly defensive? I'm also curious about the $3k numbers everyone keeps throwing around? Where are you getting this information? I know what I paid and it doesn't come close to the numbers everyone here seems so sure about.

I have to smile at Cindy's comment about buying a property from Timeshare Relief given her apparently rock solid ethics and "I care about timeshare owners" attitude. So, if you profit then everything is above board? Otherwise it's a scam? Sounds like timeshares sales person logic to me. In fact, you admitted to me that you were a real estate broker though denied selling timeshares. I doubt that highly. I too work sixty hour weeks and my "hobbies" do not get nearly as much as attention as yours. Real estate broker combined with your timeshare "hobby" seem to suggest an industry affiliation far greater than anything I've said or done and yet I'm the one who's suspect? Please. I don't buy your "helpful caring timeshare support group" approach for a minute. You're knee deep in it and you've got something to gain from all of this. BStieger implied it, I'm saying it outright. And I'll go so far as to say that I'd bet the majority of people here are involved in it a lot deeper than they'd admit as well.

One has only to do a simple google search to find article after article about what a lousy investment timeshare property is and that's the kind end of the spectrum. The deeper you go, the uglier it gets and you'd have to have your head buried in the sand not to know it.

I'm sure the properties and benefits are great if you're part of the industry and spend every waking moment of your existence negotiating your next great getaway. I'm sure they're great if you're independently wealthy and have nothing but time on your hands to invest in traveling but that's not who timeshare sales people prey upon and every single one of you - particularly the vehement ones - know it. It's the suckers that make you the dough. The more you can sign up the better. Anyone who gets in the way of that - say a company that slams the industry - directly impedes your cashflow and that's why you're all so angry about it.

So go ahead and slam me. Call me a fool, an idiot, whatever. You only end up exposing yourselves the angrier you get so be my guest. I'm done here. I have a completely timeshare free life to live.
 

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
12,242
Reaction score
10
Points
623
Location
Sun City Hilton Head, SC
I'm curious why a company that tells the truth about timeshare investments irks you all so badly.
Actually, your company tells lies in your presentation and you know it and still keep doing it. Bold-faced, outright lies. Lies that cost people money.

As just one example of a horrible lie, your company represents to its potential victims that they can take a tax deduction for the loss they incur when they "sell" (not a term I would use!) their timeshares to your company. That is just plain untrue. The loss on the sale of a timeshare used for personal purposes is not a deductible capital loss, ordinary loss or any other kind of loss favored by the Internal Revenue Code.

One of the other companies using the same pitch (whether all of the companies using your pitch are owned by the same principals, I can't be sure) even took a tax article that I authored and published, changed the wording a bit so that it stated such losses were deductible, kept my name as the author, and made that available to potential victims. When I found out, I hired an attorney at my own expense (still unreimbursed) to contact the company principals. They ultimately agreed to stop using that plagiarized and doctored article and my name.

But the suggestion to potential victims that they illegally claim a tax deduction for the loss on the sale continues. I have proof.

Call me a fool....
Not a fool. But foolish to come here and try to make knowledgeable people believe false claims about your business.
 
Last edited:

Spence

Guest
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
2,231
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
MD Suburban
KaileyB said:
You know what I'm curious about? Why everyone here crowing about Timeshare Relief and how they would NEVER do business with them knows so damn much about how they operate? I'm curious why a company that tells the truth about timeshare investments (do a simple google search and you'll find the same information) irks you all so badly. I suspect it's because it's hurting your bottom line. I suspect it's because this board is filled with people embedded in the timeshare industry. Why else would you be so rabidly defensive? I'm also curious about the $3k numbers everyone keeps throwing around? Where are you getting this information? I know what I paid and it doesn't come close to the numbers everyone here seems so sure about.

I have to smile at Cindy's comment about buying a property from Timeshare Relief given her apparently rock solid ethics and "I care about timeshare owners" attitude. So, if you profit then everything is above board? Otherwise it's a scam? Sounds like timeshares sales person logic to me. In fact, you admitted to me that you were a real estate broker though denied selling timeshares. I doubt that highly. I too work sixty hour weeks and my "hobbies" do not get nearly as much as attention as yours. Real estate broker combined with your timeshare "hobby" seem to suggest an industry affiliation far greater than anything I've said or done and yet I'm the one who's suspect? Please. I don't buy your "helpful caring timeshare support group" approach for a minute. You're knee deep in it and you've got something to gain from all of this. BStieger implied it, I'm saying it outright. And I'll go so far as to say that I'd bet the majority of people here are involved in it a lot deeper than they'd admit as well.

One has only to do a simple google search to find article after article about what a lousy investment timeshare property is and that's the kind end of the spectrum. The deeper you go, the uglier it gets and you'd have to have your head buried in the sand not to know it.

I'm sure the properties and benefits are great if you're part of the industry and spend every waking moment of your existence negotiating your next great getaway. I'm sure they're great if you're independently wealthy and have nothing but time on your hands to invest in traveling but that's not who timeshare sales people prey upon and every single one of you - particularly the vehement ones - know it. It's the suckers that make you the dough. The more you can sign up the better. Anyone who gets in the way of that - say a company that slams the industry - directly impedes your cashflow and that's why you're all so angry about it.

So go ahead and slam me. Call me a fool, an idiot, whatever. You only end up exposing yourselves the angrier you get so be my guest. I'm done here. I have a completely timeshare free life to live.
I'll take you up on your invitation, you are a fool and an idiot -or- you work for Timeshare Relief which again makes you a fool or an idiot. I'm not angry and I don't work for the timeshare industry and neither does anyone else who has posted here contrary to your opinions. How much did you pay to be relieved of your timeshare, tell us? Why do you bother to come to a timeshare site if you are timeshare free and were so disgusted with your investment. Timeshares are not an investment in the monetary sense, whether you bought from the developer or bought resale a unit that was SCAMMED by Timeshare Relief, it is an investment in quality future vacations.

You are a fool and an idiot to come to this site and waste your time and ours. On the most part we are happy owners who love to discuss are triumphs in timeshares and even discuss the distressing facts like Timeshare Relief, resort system's lousy administration, resort developers downright criminal conduct, etc. etc. Now go away, you're done here, TR relief isn't impeding anyone's cashflow around here.
 

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
14,281
Reaction score
5,642
Points
998
Location
Belly-View, WA
KaileyB said:
You know what I'm curious about? Why everyone here crowing about Timeshare Relief and how they would NEVER do business with them knows so damn much about how they operate? I'm curious why a company that tells the truth about timeshare investments (do a simple google search and you'll find the same information) irks you all so badly. I suspect it's because it's hurting your bottom line. I suspect it's because this board is filled with people embedded in the timeshare industry. Why else would you be so rabidly defensive? I'm also curious about the $3k numbers everyone keeps throwing around? Where are you getting this information? I know what I paid and it doesn't come close to the numbers everyone here seems so sure about.
...
For people who mught be perusing this thread - perhaps you're here because you have a timeshare you want to get out from and you've done a Google or Yahoo search on Timeshare Relief - let me distill all of this out for you.

We're really talking about two alternatives available to you:
  1. Be rid of your timeshare and receive some cash in exchange for your timeshare.
  2. Be rid of your timeshare and pay money to someone else to take it off your hand.

It's really just as simple as that. Which do you prefer?? Which do you think makes the most sense for you?

And if, for even a moment you are inclined to believe that Timeshare Relief is telling the truth, stop a moments and ask yourself some questions:

  • Why does Timeshare Relief insist on telling you that you have to pay money to be rid of a timeshare?
  • Why does someone who defends Option 2 - where you pay money instead of receiving money - finds it so necessary to defend that option and disparage the first option?

****

But, for devil's advocate purposes, let's grant KaileyB his argument and say that people here at TUG are just in this for the money, and we're a bunch of people who are deeply embedded in the industry. But then you should ask yourself, "why are people here at TUG so stupid that we are paying money to buy timeshares that owners are willing to pay to get rid of?

***

Now let's move on to the allegation about "bottom lines" being hurt. In the current instance we have someone posting on this thread about Timeshare Relief:
  • this person is defending a company (Timeshare Relief) that charges you to take ownership of something you could sell.
  • The only involvement of the person at this site is to post on this thread and their only posts are in defense of Timeshare Relief.

And I ask you to consider: if you were Timeshare Relief, wouldn't it hurt your bottom line if people were to start Googling and discover that contrary to Timeshare Relief's representations, you don't need to pay someone thousands of dollars to get rid of your timeshare? And if you saw a thread such as this and you were concerned about your bottom line, wouldn't you be tempted to try to discredit the responses in much the same fashion that KaileyB has attempted to do?

****

But you, inquiring reader, don't need to believe me, KaileyB, or anybody else. You don't need to trust any of us. Just run through in your mind the questions I have posed, and arrive at your own informed conclusion.

Most of us here aren't interested in ripping anyone off. We simply want people to make informed, prudent decisions - not decisions based on fear or panic.

If you run through the questions I pose and you decide that Timeshare Relief is the way you want to go, please do so and Godspeed. But do it because you've thought through the alternatives and decided it is best for you.
 

e.bram

Guest
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
3,062
Reaction score
56
Points
384
Location
Fort Lee, NJ
With all these complaints about timeshare relief et al, TUG has done nothing to set up a sale add title "Timeshares for a dollar" to facillitate owners and buyers of such timeshare in their classified.
 

grupp

TUG Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2005
Messages
524
Reaction score
194
Points
403
e.bram said:
With all these complaints about timeshare relief et al, TUG has done nothing to set up a sale add title "Timeshares for a dollar" to facillitate owners and buyers of such timeshare in their classified.
You may want to check the new classified section.

http://www.tugbbs.com/c_ads/index.php

Gary
 

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
2,918
Reaction score
599
Points
498
Location
NC
T_R_Oglodyte said:
For people who mught be perusing this thread - perhaps you're here because you have a timeshare you want to get out from and you've done a Google or Yahoo search on Timeshare Relief - let me distill all of this out for you.

We're really talking about two alternatives available to you:
  1. Be rid of your timeshare and receive some cash in exchange for your timeshare.
  2. Be rid of your timeshare and pay money to someone else to take it off your hand.
And the third alternative:
Give it away, here on TUG or on www.timeshareforums.com ... or to a list of charities found on this forum. Make nothing, spend nothing. And I think in the last case, you *may* be able to take some sort of tax-deduction, depending upon what the charity sells it for. There's a list somewhere on this site which I can't seem to find at the moment, hopefully someone else will chime in with the link.
 

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
12,242
Reaction score
10
Points
623
Location
Sun City Hilton Head, SC
Laurie said:
...you *may* be able to take some sort of tax-deduction.
Correct. The deduction is equal to fair market resale value and, unlike the donation of automobiles, doesn't have to be tied to what the charity sells it for.

For information on donating and claiming a tax deduction, see this TUG article on donating, this long list of charities that purportedly accept timeshare donations and this TUG tax article that includes a section on the tax aspects of timeshare donations.
 

fsu

Guest
Joined
Oct 17, 2006
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Location
Florida
Tell us what week and where this timeshare is that you are thinking about paying this company to take off your hands? Maybe someone here will take it for free or better yet pay you for it.
 

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
26,536
Reaction score
5,508
Points
1,049
Location
The Centennial State
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Platinum Founders(cough,gag). RCI, Shell, and WorldMark points. Disney's OKW and SSR pts; Marriott's Willow Ridge (4);Val Chatelle (7); Hono Koa (3); SBP lots and lots, SDO a few; Grand Palms (selling those). WKORV-OF (2).
We have all figured who these guys are, and they do have plenty of timeshares in their inventory, waiting for buyers. They are just not moving as many as they would like, for as much as they want to sell them for. That is why this sudden influx of comments. :annoyed:

I think we may have hurt their bottomline, which is why suddenly we as timeshare owners are being harrassed here. Those of us who have sounded the warnings on certain ebay sellers are the target. These guys know that TUG members are buying less timeshares from their various sellers.

Yes, I am a real estate broker, I am also a member of the local Board of Realtors. I abide by the ethics of the National Board of Realtors and would never lie about anything I make for real estate sales, which would include timeshare. It would be unethical of me not to disclose that I have sold one timeshare for $1,000 that we paid $7,200 for in 1981. I would hardly call that profiting from timeshare resales as a broker.

That is my only timeshare sale. Wow, what a terrible thing. I actually sold my own week on www.vacationtimesharerentals.com (I also revealed to my buyer that I am a broker, too, because that is what the code of ethics demands, or the forfeiture of your license.) Others can do the same without using a company like this one. Give it a try, it works. No real estate license necessary.

Timeshare Relief and all their relations are scum. You can take my advice to the bank. With their advice, you will have to make a withdrawal.
 

johnv

Guest
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Location
Fort Worth
Where I come from, we'd call this a feud. Pray the day doesn't come when the web can transmit bullets.

Sitting in a hotel room in NYC wishing I was not. Have a few more days here.

What this thread really seems to be about is whether the timeshare industry is corrupt, each side agreeing by disagreement to provide ample evidence thereto--although somewhere along the line it got stuck on receiving zero vs. paying for transfer.

A question with no certain answer, no matter how long you discuss. Because, unless you've done both, you can't answer for certain. And even then, it all depends on circumstance.

What we do know for certain is that TIMESHARE OWNERS SHOULD NOT HAVE TO FACE EITHER OPTION. Can we agree on that? If everyone can't at least agree on that, then there's something very wrong with both sides.
 

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2005
Messages
2,461
Reaction score
2
Points
36
Location
DC Suburban
johnv said:
What this thread really seems to be about is whether the timeshare industry is corrupt,
No, this is not how this thread starts. It maybe where that company try to sell. This thread starts with the discussion of what that company - Timeshare Relief is.

johnv said:
although somewhere along the line it got stuck on receiving zero vs. paying for transfer.

A question with no certain answer, no matter how long you discuss. Because, unless you've done both, you can't answer for certain. And even then, it all depends on circumstance.
Somehow, you are the one try to treat like this is a by-product.

Yet, when you talking about the timeshare industry, you are actually only talking about the sale part of that industrial. And you try to include it as whole industrial. Then that company we are mentioned, is trying to use the same sale technique to get an owner to pay them. If the industry is corrupt, it is for sure, that company is one of them.

Have you attended all the sale presentations from all the industrial leader? Wyndham probably is among one you mentioned, Marriott is not, Disney is not. Don't know about startwood, bluegreen, hilton to name few others.

Check any thread in here that start with things like "I just bought xxxx", see what the most response is.

Then you try to say get zero in return, in fact, a good portion of the week will not just get zero dallars in return. So it really is compare receive something and give something to get rid of it.

The company we are talking - timeshare relief, is part of the corruption. And I have a feeling they try to blame all other people while try very hard to be one of the bad part.

Jya-Ning
 
Last edited:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
14,281
Reaction score
5,642
Points
998
Location
Belly-View, WA
johnv said:
Where I come from, we'd call this a feud. Pray the day doesn't come when the web can transmit bullets.

Sitting in a hotel room in NYC wishing I was not. Have a few more days here.

What this thread really seems to be about is whether the timeshare industry is corrupt, each side agreeing by disagreement to provide ample evidence thereto--although somewhere along the line it got stuck on receiving zero vs. paying for transfer.

A question with no certain answer, no matter how long you discuss. Because, unless you've done both, you can't answer for certain. And even then, it all depends on circumstance.

What we do know for certain is that TIMESHARE OWNERS SHOULD NOT HAVE TO FACE EITHER OPTION. Can we agree on that? If everyone can't at least agree on that, then there's something very wrong with both sides.
Where I come from, we call a post like this a smokescreen or an obfuscation. It's like when an octopus perceives danger and shoots the black ink into the water, so it can get away.

We can agree that there are many people who have paid far too much for timeshares through developer sales pitches built on lies, misrepresentations, and pressured sales pitches. Where I come from, we call this a "sunk cost". That money is gone and is never coming back no matter how much the owner might wish otherwise.

There is a stark difference, though, between:

  • those who would help those owners get the most value from that ownership (whether by learning how to get the most usage out of their ownership or how to get the most money back if they do decide to sell.); and
  • those who try to squeeze even more money from owners, again using lies, misrepresentations, and pressured sales pitches.
*****

"What we do know for certain is that TIMESHARE OWNERS SHOULD NOT HAVE TO FACE EITHER OPTION. "

Where I come from a statement like that is called a non sequitur. What we do know for certain is that any person who owns a timeshare they no longer want faces those options (plus they probably also have the donation option as well). It's fantasy to wish that those owners weren't faced with admitting that their timeshare isn't worth anywhere near what they paid for it. You might just as well say that what we do know for certain is that hay fever sufferers should not have to face the option of either taking medications or removing pollen from the air they breathe.

This thread is about Timeshare Relief. To the extent it is about corruption in the timeshare industry, it's because Timeshare Relief is uses the same mercenary and dishonest tactics used by many developers to sell their products to the owners initially.
 
Top