• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The bright side of COVID-19

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Visitors are banned at work. Happy Dance!!

No one hiding behind curtains or in the bathroom. No more constant ringing of the doorbell and angry visitors when you couldn’t drop everything to immediately let them in.
No more being the enforcer of policy.

What a difference this has made in our stress level.
Thank you for all that you do.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Thank you for all that you do.
Your welcome, but it’s the ER and ICU nurses who are on the frontlines I just get to walk past and occasionally go the ER to see a single patient and perform a single task. They deserve everyone’s gratitude including mine!

geekette

Reaction score
still in my PJs in the afternoon. having breakfast food in the middle of the day (sausage gravy is cooking, biscuits are in the oven)

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The latest thing that I am doing is going through the freezer to clear up space for humongous amount of meat that will be delivered over the next couple of weeks. I found lots of treasure and we are working through them this week: TJ's eggplant parmesan, TJ's salmon edamame patties, gluten-free cheese bites, UDIS dinner rolls, mini quiches.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
The latest thing that I am doing is going through the freezer to clear up space for humongous amount of meat that will be delivered over the next couple of weeks. I found lots of treasure and we are working through them this week: TJ's eggplant parmesan, TJ's salmon edamame patties, gluten-free cheese bites, UDIS dinner rolls, mini quiches.

Our chest freezer in the garage is kept full, but like many in normal times, I find we tend to use only the top layer before it gets refilled. Now we are making a conscious effort to use up as much as we can from the freezer before venturing out to buy more supplies. This morning was a hunt for a certain frozen breakfast sandwich. Discussions were held about the recollection of there being a box of them in the freezer. I finally went out there and started unloading things, sorting and figuring out just what the heck is in there.

Bottom line, no frozen breakfast sandwiches. But we've decided to make an inventory list of precisely what IS in the freezer, and post it on the wall next to it. When something is taken out, we'll mark it off the list. This should help with no digging around, moving and messing things up, and so forth.

And it hopefully will stop the arguments about whether the stupid frozen breakfast sandwiches are in there or not. Peace at home. :)

Dave

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
still in my PJs in the afternoon. having breakfast food in the middle of the day (sausage gravy is cooking, biscuits are in the oven)

Read somewhere (TUG?): I have two sets of PJ's. One marked AM. The other PM.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Down 6 pounds without 'dieting.' It's amazing what no cookies, chips, booze can do. Eating very healthy to boost the immune system! We made the change 4 weeks ago.

Edit to add: forgot about the ice cream, DH's weakness.

Ingrid
Right, gave up beer for Lent. Good timing for boosting my immune system. :)

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
1. I still have a job and with new crew systems, I get a full week off work without using any holiday time.

After getting a full week off, I was the designated "on call" shift for my first four days back - never got the call once. So I'm not back til Tuesday, so I ended up getting two weeks off without having to use any holiday time!

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo

We have an upright freezer in the garage plus a side by side that use to be in the kitchen. Things were just kind of solved on the shelves of the upright freezer. The other day I emptied it and organized it. Discovers we only have 1 package of Goat Meat. Going to have to hit the Mexican Butcher Shop. I moved the "Bowl" type meals from Trader Joe's to the freezer section of the side by side to join the Vodka and Tequila.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
We have an upright freezer in our laundry room. Plus a big freezer in an oversized refrigerator/freezer in our kitchen. Thank goodness we have lots of space to store food.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have an upright freezer in our laundry room. Plus a big freezer in an oversized refrigerator/freezer in our kitchen. Thank goodness we have lots of space to store food.
We used to have an oversize size upright freezer in California and had that in our garage. After all this is over, we will probably get a large freezer.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
We hav
We used to have an oversize size upright freezer in California and had that in our garage. After all this is over, we will probably get a large freezer.

We have three refrigerators with freezers, and I had been agitating to sell the one in the casita since there is no longer a kitchen out there. Might as well get a few bucks for it, rather than leave it when we move. After it hit the fan last month we asked my mother if she would like it since her refrigerator is always at capacity anyway, but she said no. I've also been agitating to get the bookcases out of the small walk-in closet in Cliff's office so that it shows like a closet when the house is put on the market, and move them to the casita on the wall where the fridge is. He is busy making a list of handyman projects, so I've added moving the bookcases to that and hopefully the third fridge will go at that time. Although, hmmmmm, I bet it would sell easier now with people hoarding food!

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I would never had imagined that with all the aftermath of schools, businesses, etc. shutting down, our family would actually experience a huge positive from the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.

My daughter, who is finishing up her freshman year in college (all on-line classes since spring break), was attending on a full-ride athletic scholarship for softball. Since their season was cut short, NAIA declared a few weeks ago that athletes who were in a spring sport could red-shirt this year, giving my daughter four years of eligibility after this year (basically, this year didn't count against her eligibility). We were not thinking that would be a big deal, since she was planning on graduating in 4 years anyway, and that was how long her scholarship was good for.
But just this week we learned that her scholarship will be extended to a fifth year as well! :banana: So basically, she will get an additional free year of college at a $50K/year private school! This definitely lessens the blow my daughter and her teammates had with their season being cancelled. Now she is thinking about what she can do with that extra year -- work toward a Masters degree, a double major, etc.

Finally, a bright spot in all of this gloom.

Kurt

Last edited:

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
The bright side for me is being with my DH all day long. I do not want the SIP/SAH to end, believe it or not. I am so happy staying home all day with my DH and the pets. I wish he could work from home year round. I was already working from home but had employees in my office in Santa Clara County. Then we could live in our nice home in the mountains and be more or less carefree. The only downside for me is my business is losing money due to the shut downs but I am planning to downsize my business in the next 12 months anyway. So if my business just survives long enough to pay my rent and business expenses for 12 more months, I would so much prefer to stay at home forever. LOL Most of my anxiety is coming from imagining when SIP/SAH is lifted and then DH needs to go back to the office. I am not worried about illness. I am worried about going back to our commuting lifestyle, which made me unhappy before the coronavirus crisis. We were planning to solve this problem with buying a home in the Bay Area near his work while keeping our country home but this plan was canceled with the coronavirus crisis due to financial concerns.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have been calling my 88 year old great aunt / godmother every Saturday for the past 3 weeks to check on her. She lives in Florida. I am in California. Today I told her the Saturday phone calls would become a tradition, even after coronavirus. She was very excited. She does not have her own kids and she has always been like a second Mother to me.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I have been calling my 88 year old great aunt / godmother every Saturday for the past 3 weeks to check on her. She lives in Florida. I am in California. Today I told her the Saturday phone calls would become a tradition, even after coronavirus. She was very excited. She does not have her own kids and she has always been like a second Mother to me.
Great tradition. As the saying says lemonade out of lemons, priceless.