• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The bright side of COVID-19

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
The things you learn during self-quarantine:

dove.png

:ROFLMAO: Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
And then this happened:

day9.png

TimeshareTraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen ShoreCrest,
Massanutten Summit,
Eagle Point,
Here's a positive:
1. We're all learning to cook.
2. I found some time to read around all of the telework that I'm doing.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Another positive....
With the amount of hand sanitizer, Lysol and Clorox my body is absorbing I figure the toilets must be cleaning themselves every time I pee!

Seriously though, yesterday we officially declared all the spring clean up in the yard and in my garden was done! Easily 6 weeks ahead of schedule. When the warmer weather finally hits, we will be able to enjoy the yard and garden instead of working on them.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I now have time to change the passwords on ~150 online accounts.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Here's a positive:
1. We're all learning to cook.
2. I found some time to read around all of the telework that I'm doing.
And I’m learning to telerest. That’s resting while watching the television.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
For me, I hope one the lasting positives is to lift the veil/dispel the myth that work and home life are some how distinctively separate and differentiated. We're all seeing, in real time, and at all levels, that work and home life are integrated, and have been for at least two generations. I really hope that this changes how we conceptualize "work" vs. "home" and finally realize that the only person available to manage "home" is the worker standing in front of you. :)

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
When you're going stir-crazy on quarantine, you need to make your own fun.

bathroom.jpg

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
For me, I hope one the lasting positives is to lift the veil/dispel the myth that work and home life are some how distinctively separate and differentiated. We're all seeing, in real time, and at all levels, that work and home life are integrated, and have been for at least two generations. I really hope that this changes how we conceptualize "work" vs. "home" and finally realize that the only person available to manage "home" is the worker standing in front of you. :)

Agree with this.

A bit of irony. I was a telecommuter with my company for 17 years prior to my retirement in 2013. Part of the time, I worked from a company office located in my area and part of the time, I worked from home. I generally got more done from home because I didn’t have any distractions. A couple of years ago, that company forced hundreds of telecommuters to either move to one of four locations and work in the office or be terminated. For the past several weeks, that company has been scrambling trying to find enough laptops, routers, etc. for its essential employees, of which there are thousands, to work from home. It has closed the offices in the locations it forced people to move to.

Harry

TimeshareTraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen ShoreCrest,
Massanutten Summit,
Eagle Point,
Obviously, my interest here is in trying to persuade our daughter to cancel. To that end, I am curious as to how the cruise lines are to work with in cases like this. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

My daughter's scout troop saved their cookie money and other fund-raising activity money for 4 years to pay for a cruise in the Mediterranean on Royal Carribean. (Barcelona, Marseilles, 4 stops in Italy) We all backed out of the cruise (June 20 sailing date). Royal Caribbean is giving a cruise voucher for what you paid (below 100%) if you cancel up to 48 hours ahead. If you have paid for the entire cruise, they are giving you a voucher for 125% of what you paid. We had not paid for the entire cruise yet, so we got our 100% of deposit back in a voucher. The excursions booked through the cruise were returned also. The voucher is good until Dec 2021. The airfare is the snag --it was more than the cruise and the airline gave us a voucher for it that must be used by Dec 31, 2020. There is no way we'll use it by then, I'm afraid. The bus rented to get us all to the New York airport was able to be cancelled 48 hours in advance.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I removed ~6 months' of mold+mildew from my lanai
and washed off the accumulated debris and pollen.
It's now safe to use again.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
OMG, I almost danced around the kitchen this morning for this one.
NO MORE MAKING SCHOOL LUNCHS FOR AT LEAST A MONTH!!!!!!

DD14 started back to school today at home (their normal 2 week spring break ended today).

I absolutely hate making her lunch since she is so picky about food. Much easier to feed her lunch at home with no worries about keeping hot/cold whatever.

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
I finally have time to clean out my personal files... starting from 1997. Seriously, why was I keeping my annual job performance reviews from 2 decades ago?!?

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok positive,
I’ve been cooking breakfast lunch and dinner and have saved so much money from delivery.

My chest pain is getting a bit better as the days go on.

I call my mom everyday now and I got her reading Harry Potter and now is already excited to go back to universal for family trips, since she will be able to know what’s she’s looking at.

I have also been able to stay home and isolate which I enjoy doing from time to time but now have an excuse to do it.

I’ve improved so much on my classic French omelet skills

I’m enjoying the espresso machine I bought last year and I’m using my reusable iced coffee cup and not a to go cup! Love doing my part.

I’ve become more thankful for everything I have been blessed with.

I’ve realized how amazing life really is when faced with the possibility of being in that small percentage or the possibility that a loved one or someone you know may be in that percentage.

I've been praying a lot more

geez a lot more positives that I thought. It’s hard to say anything positive when people are dying from a virus. I’m Still praying for no loss of life anywhere. It’s a long shot but I will pray for it.
Really glad your feeling better. Praying really helps.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Agree with this.

A bit of irony. I was a telecommuter with my company for 17 years prior to my retirement in 2013. Part of the time, I worked from a company office located in my area and part of the time, I worked from home. I generally got more done from home because I didn’t have any distractions. A couple of years ago, that company forced hundreds of telecommuters to either move to one of four locations and work in the office or be terminated. For the past several weeks, that company has been scrambling trying to find enough laptops, routers, etc. for its essential employees, of which there are thousands, to work from home. It has closed the offices in the locations it forced people to move to.

Harry
Wow thats a real bummer.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have texted my 7 neighbors that I have 3 sweet potatoes that I am willing to trade for a gallon of ice cream.
So far no response

Ice cream and booze have to be the go-tos right now! The only question is in which order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

geekette

Reaction score
I have texted my 7 neighbors that I have 3 sweet potatoes that I am willing to trade for a gallon of ice cream.
So far no response
Yeah, me neither. You'd have to up the ante substantially to get my chocolate cherry truffle.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Ice cream and booze have to be the go-tos right now! The only question is in which order.

The booze first.
We've used up the tequila, so now it's time to start on the rum.

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
Down 6 pounds without 'dieting.' It's amazing what no cookies, chips, booze can do. Eating very healthy to boost the immune system! We made the change 4 weeks ago.

Edit to add: forgot about the ice cream, DH's weakness.

Ingrid

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Down 6 pounds without 'dieting.' It's amazing what no cookies, chips, booze can do. Eating very healthy to boost the immune system! We made the change 4 weeks ago.

Edit to add: forgot about the ice cream, DH's weakness.

Ingrid
Good for you! I am impressed.

Sitting at home, I made the change 4 weeks ago, snacking on chocolate, cookies and chips all day. Each day, The Good Idea Bear says to me "You must resist" and The Bad Idea Bear says "Oooo they taste so good and you must have lots of them".

BTW, The Good Idea Bear and Bad Idea Bear are from Avenue Q, a musical comedy. We watched the show in San Francisco a decade ago and one we fondly remember.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Visitors are banned at work. Happy Dance!!

No one hiding behind curtains or in the bathroom. No more constant ringing of the doorbell and angry visitors when you couldn’t drop everything to immediately let them in.
No more being the enforcer of policy.

What a difference this has made in our stress level.