• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Thank you TUG!

mcfarke311

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
I don't really know where to put this because I just signed up to post this for you guys, but I'm going to say this is first an introduction and second a really well deserved thank you letter. Please move this if the post should be somewhere specific.

My fiancée and I were in Orlando, FL this past weekend - at the Hilton Grand Vacations Resort Parc Soleil. We were there because Hilton offered us a 4 day stay for $100 if we attended their timeshare sales meeting. We went into this sale saying no and we had the talk before hand to say no, but our defenses and preparations were grated away during the 8-9 hrs that we were being talked to by the salesman and his manager and the financing guy with the 'resales that are the good deals'.

Our finances are good, but we have a bit of newly acquired, long-term debt (wedding, cars, house, rings) and we didn't really feel comfortable committing this kind of money to a timeshare, but the salesman convinced us that this is really investing in us - and we bought in with some hesitation. We signed up for their Hilton AMEX and was able to put their 'intro package' (3400/EOY - 16,250.00) on the card w/ 0% APY for a year. The salesman said that it would never depreciate within the ecosystem because they would buy it back if you found a buyer for less than what it was worth in order to keep their values up. They said that it would always trade-in for what you put into it. They gave us bonus points - the whole shebang!

That hesitation only grew over the weekend - I feel like our vacation was somewhat missed because I spent too much time worrying about what I just signed up for and not enough time relaxing and enjoying ourselves. I was googling for a solution to my problem here and came across TUG! TUG showed me the truth about timeshare re-sale and trade-in and said that if we aren't 100% in it, then we need to back out.

Thank you guys for putting up this site! I found that I have a rescission clause in the contract that allows me to cancel our contract within 10 calendar days according to the Florida statutes. I read your advice and because we weren't 100% in it, we sent in our letter yesterday via certified mail with return receipt requested - 3 days into our 10 day rescission period. I hope that it all works out and it would all be because of this site here. I'm going to buy into your one-year membership and I convinced my fiancée that we should try this before we buy into it or at least buy one second-hand with minimal up-front investment.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
TUG is outstanding.

Ditto TUG-BBS.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Congrats on finding TUG and rescinding in time. Sometimes it takes a bit of convincing to get people to believe that resale really is the way to go!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Congratulations on finding Tug in time!

Dave

mcfarke311

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
Yes, this was our first timeshare presentation together. And for the short- to medium-term future, it will probably be our last, we weren't prepared to be worn down all day. To me it doesn't seem worth the savings of a hundred or two dollars if they drag out like this one did.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I don't really know where to put this because I just signed up to post this for you guys, but I'm going to say this is first an introduction and second a really well deserved thank you letter. Please move this if the post should be somewhere specific.

My fiancée and I were in Orlando, FL this past weekend - at the Hilton Grand Vacations Resort Parc Soleil. We were there because Hilton offered us a 4 day stay for $100 if we attended their timeshare sales meeting. We went into this sale saying no and we had the talk before hand to say no, but our defenses and preparations were grated away during the 8-9 hrs that we were being talked to by the salesman and his manager and the financing guy with the 'resales that are the good deals'.

Our finances are good, but we have a bit of newly acquired, long-term debt (wedding, cars, house, rings) and we didn't really feel comfortable committing this kind of money to a timeshare, but the salesman convinced us that this is really investing in us - and we bought in with some hesitation. We signed up for their Hilton AMEX and was able to put their 'intro package' (3400/EOY - 16,250.00) on the card w/ 0% APY for a year. The salesman said that it would never depreciate within the ecosystem because they would buy it back if you found a buyer for less than what it was worth in order to keep their values up. They said that it would always trade-in for what you put into it. They gave us bonus points - the whole shebang!

That hesitation only grew over the weekend - I feel like our vacation was somewhat missed because I spent too much time worrying about what I just signed up for and not enough time relaxing and enjoying ourselves. I was googling for a solution to my problem here and came across TUG! TUG showed me the truth about timeshare re-sale and trade-in and said that if we aren't 100% in it, then we need to back out.

Thank you guys for putting up this site! I found that I have a rescission clause in the contract that allows me to cancel our contract within 10 calendar days according to the Florida statutes. I read your advice and because we weren't 100% in it, we sent in our letter yesterday via certified mail with return receipt requested - 3 days into our 10 day rescission period. I hope that it all works out and it would all be because of this site here. I'm going to buy into your one-year membership and I convinced my fiancée that we should try this before we buy into it or at least buy one second-hand with minimal up-front investment.
Welcome to TUG. I am thrilled you found us in time. This is a wonderful community and I hope you stick around.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
16 grand savings...outstanding!

welcome to TUG!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
That salesperson should be charged with a crime for holding you guys in confinement for that many hours
Can the OP report this time violations to someone in Hilton?

Thanks goodness you are not in debts for thousands of dollars.

Welcome to TUG, Where Knowledge is Power. By Bacon.

Last edited:

mcfarke311

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
Welcome to TUG. I am thrilled you found us in time. This is a wonderful community and I hope you stick around.

Thank you, I feel very welcome.

16 grand savings...outstanding!

welcome to TUG!

Yes, that is the best return on my time investment ever. Thank you for the welcome.

That salesperson should be charged with a crime for holding you guys in confinement for that many hours
Can the OP report this time violations to someone in Hilton?

Thanks goodness you are not in debts for thousands of dollars.

Welcome to TUG, Where Knowledge is Power. By Bacon.

I've been looking into this because Florida is a state that takes this stuff pretty seriously and letting sales discussion go on this long is a kind of aggressive sales tactic. I think that I would have better luck going through the state rather than someone at Hilton. I think this is one of the main reasons that Florida has one of the longest rescission periods of the states.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
can absolutely report it to the florida AGs office and BBB.

it is inexcusable

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks goodness, you have your money back !
I am very happy for you. Good luck!!!!!
I pray you learned a lesson about attending t/s presentation.:whooopie:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been looking into this because Florida is a state that takes this stuff pretty seriously and letting sales discussion go on this long is a kind of aggressive sales tactic. I think that I would have better luck going through the state rather than someone at Hilton.

These sales people know what they can and can't get away with. You can report this long sales meeting if you want. The catch likely though is that you have to be able to prove this. What proof do you have other than your word against theirs?

The other defence that they might bring up is that they did not tie you to the chair or hold a gun to your head. You were free to walk out after 90 minutes if you wanted to.

Of course, I am by no means defending or condoning their actions and tactics. On the contrary, I think their methods and tactics are despicable. TBS, I'm just saying that reporting them for "holding" you there longer than the agreed-upon time will probably not accomplish much other than allowing you to vent.