• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Survivor Thread

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Russell was a great tactical player - probably the best ever! He was always 2-3 steps ahead of everybody and had a nose for finding idols without any clues. He pulled off some of the best moves in Survivor history! Where he ultimately failed was the social game although that one petty jury did collude in the ponderosa to rob him.

I don't think Colton is a good tactical player at all! He's just aiming to get rid of people he doesn't like and is just an immature spoiled pansy. He's fortunate to be playing with some real dumbass players! They all know he has an idol. I can't believe nobody has made a serious attempt to blindside him out!

jlr10

TUG Member
Reaction score
I suspect, that if all the people are stupid enough to let Colton get to the final tribal council, that he will also fall short, like Russell. He is not playing a good social game and is ticking off everyone he comes near. The only one who ever won doing that was Richard in season one. I doubt it will seriously ever be pulled off again.

glypnirsgirl

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone here ever posted they liked Colton. Jeff Probst is saying he may go down as one of the most hated contestants ever. He also said they had no idea of the stuff he'd come up with.

What truly boggles my mind is how "stupid" everyone around him seems. Alicia is going to watch Cristina get voted off, then it will be Alicia's turn. Dumb, dumb, dumb. If the girls had stuck together and managed to convince one of those other idiots to vote for Colton, they either could have voted him off, or at least flushed out the idol. Then the next tribal council they could have voted him off. Or maybe they are smarter than we think and realize that if Colton gets to the end no one will vote for him to win. Naw, they're not that smart.

I think that the motivation to take the most disliked person to the end is what dominates people's motivations most of the time. That is why Hantz made it to the end not just once, but twice.

I believe that this has happened to some extent every season since Season Two when Cody let Tina go to the end with him when he could have chosen another player who was unpopular.

Colton reminds me of the "mean girls" in junior high --- no one really likes them but they are afraid of being on the outs by disagreeing with them. One of the signs of the frailties of humankind ---- and deeply disturbing to me.

elaine

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think that the motivation to take the most disliked person to the end is what dominates people's motivations most of the time. That is why Hantz made it to the end not just once, but twice.

That's not really true. In Hantz's first season he won the final immunity to make it to the end. Otherwise he would've never been picked to go to the final tribal. He dominated that season and the jury just admittedly colluded at the ponderosa to give it to that girl. That was just a petty and vindictive jury.

The second time he made it to the end I actually thought Pravarti deserved it more then him and I'm glad she won.

hefleycatz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had such a bad day yesterday, and last night was so wonderful. He totally got what was coming to him. I have never seen a more outspoken mean-spirited person on survivor. :annoyed: (besides Alicia, but she is just a follower anyway) just plain rude and childish.

I think he should be lucky that no one got a punch in before he left. Plus i'm so happy that he won't be on the jury.

Ding Dong the Witch is Dead! :clap:

lee

Gracey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Longboat Bay Club, Disney s Old Key West, Wyndham
You couldn't wipe the smile off my face when Jeff said he had to leave! Not wishing ill health on anyone of course. But he is just plain MEAN!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Don't you thnk they'll find some way to bring him back? "Surgery wasn't necessary, so he can return," or some such? I hope they don't, but Survivor wants to make "good television." Or whatever they think that is... :)

Dave

mikey0531

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead! :clap:

lee

couldn't have said it better myself! And as someone put it in an earlier post, he WAS just like the mean girl in high school that no one would stand up to. I'm glad he's gone. I couldn't stand him. Karma -- love it. And, it was interesting to see the lack of compassion that his girl-buddy had when they were carting him off. She didn't give two beans about him. I was sorry to see the merge though. I wanted to see what happened next with the tribe with Colton gone.

hefleycatz

TUG Member
Reaction score
She (Alicia) thought she was gonna get the idol. :eek: Just like him to be so selfish and take it with him. I don't think they will bring him back, you leave, your out.

But it sure shut her up after he left and she was saved when they merged. :mad:

lee

Gracey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Longboat Bay Club, Disney s Old Key West, Wyndham
I loved watching Alicia's facial expressions back at Camp after Colton left. I thought she was going to get her comeuppance. I was disappointed they merged last night of all nights! I wanted to see her but outta there.

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I named my son (15) Colton and this is the first time I've regretted it. Both my husband and I were very happy when Colton had to be taken off the show. Our only regret is he will convince himself that he would have won if this hadn't happened.

Joan

Don

TUG Member
Reaction score
He had already convinced himself of it before he left. I wish it could have been with a proverbial knife in his back from being backstabbed.

glypnirsgirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I loved watching Alicia's facial expressions back at Camp after Colton left. I thought she was going to get her comeuppance. I was disappointed they merged last night of all nights! I wanted to see her but outta there.

She bothers me almost as much as Colton --- it's like they are evil twins.

It will be interesting to see how the alliances re-align themselves.

I usually have one or two favorites by this time in the season. This year, it seems like people I like are already gone.

elaine

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I kinda wish Colton had more time in the game to become the most despised person in Survivor history. He did a pretty good job of possibly accomplishing that, but more time would've sealed the deal

hefleycatz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I never thought I would say it...I miss Colton :confused: everybody else (except Tarzan) is pretty boring... still love the show, but he was so much fun to hate. :rolleyes:

lee

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Nope, don't miss Colton. :D And I will be very happy when Alicia leaves as well. That girl talks about of both sides of her mouth. She isn't quite as nasty as when Colton was around though.

I thought Tarzan was pretty stupid to give in right away on the immunity challenge and not at least try to wait it out until the first food offered. Remind me if I ever want plastic surgery to not go to him. ;)

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I wonder if Tarzan is playing-acting his immense stupidity? It'd be a great gameplay strategy thing to horse it along as the village idiot, get to the Final Two (or Three) as being totally beatable, then he stands up and acts all smart and educated and "normal." The guy can't have lived this long of a life without better life skills. I can see it now:

"Ha ha, fooled all of you! I'm a great actor, and the greatest player ever!! I deserve to win!!!"

Or some such thing. It could happen... :)

Dave

P.S. I'm done with caring about anyone this season. The men have shown themselves to be as stupid and gullible as it appears, and the women are shaping up to be as awful as the men usually are. Even Kat, the timeshare salesweasel, is proving the nut hasn't fallen far from the tree. Go figure.

hefleycatz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bye Bye Miss Timeshare Rep....classic blindside. :D

The look on Kat's face was priceless. I bet she doesn't think blindside's are funny now. :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

lee

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I wasn't sorry to see Kat go at all.

I thought Alicia's comments about how she was ruling the game were priceless. If Kim goes to the final 3 and can pick who goes with her, Alicia would be a perfect choice. :D

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
This season has been really lame! There hasn't been one really good player this year and most of them are really dumb and lousy players. Kim is probably the best player, but I don't think she can win a jury vote because she's going to be perceived as the mastermind who took everybody out who's sitting on the jury. I watched Kats Ponderosa video and she is squarely putting the blame and hate on Kim for her blindside although the truth is Kim was against taking Kat out and wanted Kat in the final three. I actually give Tarzan a good shot at winning the jury vote if he makes it that far.

I did have a smile and a chuckle seeing Kat go out the way she did.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
It all depends on how the jury perceives those that are going up for the final vote. There have been times when the votes have gone to the best player, the one who was the mastermind. And there are times (think Russell Hantz) where the jury denied the "best" player the win due to their social game.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Can I just say I laughed out loud SO HARD I scared my own cat when I saw Kat's face when she was voted out. Her previous comments and snickers about how blindsides are funny, and how people make that shocked expression -- I laughed and rewound my DVR to watch her comments again, and then saw her expression when she realized she was the victim. It was priceless! Absolutely the best moment of this entire lame season.

Dave

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Go watch the Ponderosa video of Kat. Pretty good.

fillde

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can I just say I laughed out loud SO HARD I scared my own cat when I saw Kat's face when she was voted out. Her previous comments and snickers about how blindsides are funny, and how people make that shocked expression -- I laughed and rewound my DVR to watch her comments again, and then saw her expression when she realized she was the victim. It was priceless! Absolutely the best moment of this entire lame season.

Dave[/QUOTE

I laughed out loud also.

The producer and editors did a great job on that show. Every moment led up to the sacking of the Cat. One of the best shows in a long time.