• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Survivor Thread

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know this show is no longer as popular as AI, but it's still my favorite show.

Tonight's show has to rank in the top 10 of one of the craziest episodes. After what Colton said at Tribal tonight, IMO he's quickly on his way to becoming one of the least liked people by the TV audience in the history of the show.

I thought Bill handled the attacks really well and his immediate post elimination speech was excellent!

cissy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agree totally! Also, don't know the name of the woman with attitude who failed at doing the puzzle, but she's got to go.

BevL

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I have all four episodes on my PVR and am just waiting for a free day (in my lifetime) where I can run through them and catch up. Scrolled down real fast and won't be checking back until I do.

I still love this show even if it's a little past it's prime. Hoping for some twists and turns with everybody being together this year. Maybe get away from the "pick off the tribe with fewer" after the merge that just seems to be the common element in the last few years.

hefleycatz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Alicia is her name.

I just don't understand how Colton got to be (or think he is) so powerful. :doh: But it looks like from the teasers for next week, that they might be merging now. So all bets will go out the window if so...

I'm glad there is no redemption island this season...I think they had it there last season for coach and Ozzy.

lee

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I'm glad there is no redemption island this season...I think they had it there last season for coach and Ozzy.

lee

Redemption Island started the season before Coach and Ozzy, so it wasn't just for them.

mikey0531

TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband and I are die-hard Survivor fans. We love it. After Colton's display last night, I can't wait to see his butt gone -- and I hope it's soon. He's awful and needs to go. What a snotty, lazy, rich kid, brat.

Blue Skies

TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband and I are die-hard Survivor fans. We love it. After Colton's display last night, I can't wait to see his butt gone -- and I hope it's soon. He's awful and needs to go. What a snotty, lazy, rich kid, brat.

I couldn't agree more, he is despicable.

I am amazed that Colton was able to manipulate the men's tribe to voluntarily go to tribal council. Hunger and fatigue must be affecting their common sense. Unbelievable, what a bunch of idiots.

hefleycatz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Redemption Island started the season before Coach and Ozzy, so it wasn't just for them.

Oh I know, I've watched every season, but between the exile island and the redemption island thing, to me it was getting a little old and they had just done one the season before so they could have left it out.

I just feel they did it as a way to keep coach and ozzy in the game in case they were voted out first thing. Ratings. I think Survivor is best played with no second chances.

lee

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I couldn't agree more, he is despicable.

I am amazed that Colton was able to manipulate the men's tribe to voluntarily go to tribal council. Hunger and fatigue must be affecting their common sense. Unbelievable, what a bunch of idiots.

I read a Survivor recap and also the interview with Jeff Probst and they pretty much agree. What was unbelieveable is that only one person had to say "No, I don't want to go to tribal" and the women's tribe would have gone. But both of those on the chopping block, Bill and Lief, agreed to it. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/survivor-one-world-episode-4/

Carta

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've seen every season of Survivor... There are many people I disliked, but Colton is the first person I've HATED...If I was Bill, I would have had to knock him OUT b4 I left....I'm sure there are many rules that would not allow this.... But I just couldn't take that sort of abuse; regardless of the consequences..

ps...There will be someone that punches him out during the next few weeks..HOPEFULLY

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I'm guessing Sabrina is very, very sorry she gave that immunity idol to Colton.

chrispy08

Reaction score
I also am a long time Survivor fan and have seen every season and I must agree that the men pulled the most idiotic move ever! I can't believe not one of them will stand up to Colton! I've been upset at players before but was so angry I acutally contemplated not watching anymore! I guess it's now more like a train wreck so I'll be watching next week! I'm so weak lol!

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Actually, if I were Sabrina I'd be very very happy with that move right now because it's empowered Colton who is effectively destroying the men's tribe.

Well, that is another way to look at it.

spencersmama

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was very, very surprised that Colton's derogatory comments about Lief were aired on TV and that there hasn't been more backlash against it. If any survivor had made rude comments about another person's race, gender, or sexual orientation, there would have been massive protests and boycotting by the viewers, but Colton's comments about Leif's height didn't seem to draw the same response.

Bill did handle the situation very well and I'm sure that will benefit him in the long run.

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was very, very surprised that Colton's derogatory comments about Lief were aired on TV and that there hasn't been more backlash against it. If any survivor had made rude comments about another person's race, gender, or sexual orientation, there would have been massive protests and boycotting by the viewers, but Colton's comments about Leif's height didn't seem to draw the same response.

Bill did handle the situation very well and I'm sure that will benefit him in the long run.

Nah, Russell made tons of comments and there wasn't any uproar against the show. Why should there be an uproar or a boycott against the show? Be angry at Colton, but not the show! I would hate to see the show compelled to edit out what people say just because they would be worried about some stupid boycott.

sstamm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have just been astounded at Colton's change in position from the start. The first couple of episodes, all he did was whine that he didn't fit in, and try to hang around with the women.

Then all of a sudden, he's king of the tribe, sitting in his chair, and covering his eyes and waving away the undesirables??? AND they are letting him get away with it? It blows my mind.

I did not like the guy at all who was voted off last week, but that sure seemed to usher in the reign of Colton. I would just like to slap him every time he rolls his eyes. He clearly has spent a lot of time perfecting that gesture!

This is still one of my all-time favorite shows, but I've never really been a fan of men vs. women. Definitely some sort of shake-up happening next week. Isn't it a little early for the merge? Maybe a re-pick of the tribes?

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Definitely some sort of shake-up happening next week. Isn't it a little early for the merge? Maybe a re-pick of the tribes?

The preview I saw last night had Probst saying it was time to pick new tribes. So my guess is they'll pick the two youngest/oldest members, then have them each choose names to make new tribes. The same preview then had one of the women saying something about the three women being "picked off one by one." So it sounds like the men will continue to dominate, even after a tribal shakeup.

Overall, I agree - this is a weird season. And Colton gets on my last nerve. Can't wait for someone to blindside him in his arrogance, and get him kicked out.

Dave

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Dominate? :hysterical:

What I mean is they'll TRY to dominate, after whatever happens, happens. If the one woman is concerned they're going to be picked off, it sounds like she thinks the guys are in charge at that point.

But the editing of these interviews can be very misleading. So we'll see, right? All of us. Survivor is definitely a train wreck, but we all want to know what's going to happen. :)

Dave

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
What I mean is they'll TRY to dominate, after whatever happens, happens. If the one woman is concerned they're going to be picked off, it sounds like she thinks the guys are in charge at that point.

But the editing of these interviews can be very misleading. So we'll see, right? All of us. Survivor is definitely a train wreck, but we all want to know what's going to happen. :)

Dave

What I was laughing at was the continue to dominate comment. Yes, the men won the first few challenges, and they did win the last immunity one as well, but they haven't won them all. And with the stupid move of going to tribal when they didn't have to...............not my idea of domination. ;)

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
What I was laughing at was the continue to dominate comment. Yes, the men won the first few challenges, and they did win the last immunity one as well, but they haven't won them all. And with the stupid move of going to tribal when they didn't have to...............not my idea of domination. ;)

I agree totally. What was it Forrest Gump used to say? "Stupid is as stupid does..." :)

dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
How are people liking Colton now?

<shaking head in disbelief> "Like" is a word I don't associate with Colton. The guy's smarmy, underhanded methods represent everything I dislike in other people. (Even Russell Hantz had some redeeming traits I could appreciate.) Colton is going to destroy his misfit tribe from the inside out. When the merge happens, he's certain to get kicked out quickly, because the other members of his former tribe will have poisoned the well for him. (Unless he does it for himself first.)

It occurs to me that "Survivor" is a good name for this season. Not surviving the hardships of living out in the boonies like that, but "surviving" the stupidity of the rest of the tribe. Whoever lasts the longest deserves to win the money.

Dave

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
How are people liking Colton now?

I don't think anyone here ever posted they liked Colton. Jeff Probst is saying he may go down as one of the most hated contestants ever. He also said they had no idea of the stuff he'd come up with.

What truly boggles my mind is how "stupid" everyone around him seems. Alicia is going to watch Cristina get voted off, then it will be Alicia's turn. Dumb, dumb, dumb. If the girls had stuck together and managed to convince one of those other idiots to vote for Colton, they either could have voted him off, or at least flushed out the idol. Then the next tribal council they could have voted him off. Or maybe they are smarter than we think and realize that if Colton gets to the end no one will vote for him to win. Naw, they're not that smart.

Last edited: