• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Stressful week, icing our car got hit, surprised how I reacted

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Glad you are OK, Panina. Cliff had the entire back side of his car sheered off last Friday, and every day I check with him to see if he has any aches and pains. Best I can tell from going to the scene with him the next day, he probably could have been deemed partially at fault for making an unsafe left turn, but since the guy who hit him just kept on going, doesn't look like that will be the case. He turned left on red after being in a T intersection waiting to make a left turn into the plant nursery that made up the T. The traffic coming toward him was in two lanes, but the lane closest to the curb gets wide there and as cars would proceed through the intersection a third lane appears. I suspect someone pulled out of the right lane a few cars back and roared through the intersection on the red light while Cliff was turning left in front of the stopped traffic. He thought he'd hit a curb or a pot hole, did not even sound like a car accident to him and he never saw what hit him. A lady pulled into the nursery to see if he was OK and to tell him the other driver kept going. Another man stopped to get our bumper and other various parts out of the street and hand them to Cliff. Since Cliff is almost 82 and he had clearly been in front of someone to allow them to rip the back of the car apart, I suspect there is some sneaky code somewhere that will flag our insurance account -- that is if we don't see an increase next time because of this anyway. Car will be gone 3 weeks at the shop.
At least Cliff is ok, that is what is important.

Reactions: DrQ

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not necessary in most cases. This just happened to my husband and it was easy peasy. Adjuster cane to look at our car and wrote us a check.

Happened to me once also. I never called my insurance company. No issues.
Was your husband hurt and did he go to the hospital, after the accident ? You do not have to respond.

Suggestion only.....Please take some time and heal and relax.

louisianab

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV and Vacation Village at Williamsburg.
When you get rear ended you do not need to call your insurance company. You call the offenders’ insurance company and deal with them directly.
Depends on the state.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Was your husband hurt and did he go to the hospital, after the accident ? You do not have to respond.

Suggestion only.....Please take some time and heal and relax.

No no. He thankfully was not hurt.

Reactions: DrQ

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
When you get rear ended you do not need to call your insurance company. You call the offenders’ insurance company and deal with them directly.
In most cases that is true ... BUT
Today was the icing on the cake. Our car was stopped in traffic for about 30 seconds and boom the car behind us crashes into us. He was stopped too. It was the car behind him that crashed into him. The driver admitted to the police officer she hit the accelerator instead of the brake. The car behind us was smashed front and back, probably a total. He was a tourist from Finland. The car that smashed into him had pushed in damage in the front.
You usually have to collect from the person who hits you. It is then up to them to recover from the person who hits them. Add in the tourist was probably driving a rental car.

If you have good insurance, let them sort this mess out.

ETA: My guess is that you will probably collect on uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.

Last edited:

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Glad you are OK, Panina. Cliff had the entire back side of his car sheered off last Friday, and every day I check with him to see if he has any aches and pains. Best I can tell from going to the scene with him the next day, he probably could have been deemed partially at fault for making an unsafe left turn, but since the guy who hit him just kept on going, doesn't look like that will be the case. He turned left on red after being in a T intersection waiting to make a left turn into the plant nursery that made up the T. The traffic coming toward him was in two lanes, but the lane closest to the curb gets wide there and as cars would proceed through the intersection a third lane appears. I suspect someone pulled out of the right lane a few cars back and roared through the intersection on the red light while Cliff was turning left in front of the stopped traffic. He thought he'd hit a curb or a pot hole, did not even sound like a car accident to him and he never saw what hit him. A lady pulled into the nursery to see if he was OK and to tell him the other driver kept going. Another man stopped to get our bumper and other various parts out of the street and hand them to Cliff. Since Cliff is almost 82 and he had clearly been in front of someone to allow them to rip the back of the car apart, I suspect there is some sneaky code somewhere that will flag our insurance account -- that is if we don't see an increase next time because of this anyway. Car will be gone 3 weeks at the shop.

$10,440 in damages -- $1,000 is our share.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook