• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
Reaction score
I decided to take my wife out for a night away, seeing as how we live outside Orlando. Hotels nationwide are throwing out incentives like crazy! For instance, Best Western (where we are staying) is throwing out plenty of bonus points for any stay. Maybe a timeshare, if you find one nearby in the bargain area. Many restaurants are also throwing out rewards due to the pandemic, trying to get people in the doors.

So, there is no harm in taking your spouse out for a night, going to a nice restaurant, then a hotel stay, within driving distance. If you have kids, find a relative or good family friend to take care of them for that night. Maybe do it like once a month? Like countless stories say, a vacation is healthcare!

TS

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I had a couple of bonus weeks with Trading Places and I just happened to look and found a week at the Imperial Waikiki. It was only there because of the uncertainty of the quarantine here in Hawaii it’s for the last week of August. I grabbed it even though it’s only a few blocks from where we live.

It will be right on the ocean and there are some restaurants we will be able to walk to. At $144 for the week, it’s a bargain and should be fun. Even if I have to work a few days while we’re there.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We live in a lovely area, a vacation spot for many people (I can tell by all of the out of state license plates). So we've had a wonderful staycation right in our own home.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
deck.jpg

We spent the weekend at the cabin...this is the view from the deck. It's a 2 hr drive from our door to door. DH said why would anyone want to go to a crowded beach or Lake when they could do this...I agree.

Brett

Reaction score
View attachment 23088

We spent the weekend at the cabin...this is the view from the deck. It's a 2 hr drive from our door to door. DH said why would anyone want to go to a crowded beach or Lake when they could do this...I agree.

and it's probably cooler than the beaches
It's 95 in the shade in coastal Virginia