• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Selling our [# Deleted] MVC Points

Zak Zazz

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Vacation Club Points
What is the best way to sell our two deeds? I called sellmytimeshare.com and they want $2000 up front. Then I called a broker from California and he said his fee was $3000 but only after we sell. I know I'm screwed no matter what we do, but what is the best way? Is Red Week any good? Or should I just go with a broker? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

[I deleted the number of DC Points you're selling because the TUG Rules do not allow ad-like posts in the public forums. I'm sure that others will be able to help you with the process - good luck! <-- SueDonJ]

Last edited by a moderator:

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Number One, avoid and company wanting an up front fee for selling your timeshare.

Zak Zazz

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Number One, avoid and company wanting an up front fee for selling your timeshare.
Yeah, that does sound like good advice. Any opinion on Red Week?

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that does sound like good advice. Any opinion on Red Week?
I have no personal experience with Redweek, others here will and many have advised on US Resale brokers which you can search for or hopefully they may repost here.
I know and have experience just with European Resale Brokers.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
I have had multiple successes renting and selling units on Redweek.

Remember it is all about a clear description and very competitive pricing.

Last edited:

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the best way to sell our two deeds? I called sellmytimeshare.com and they want $2000 up front. Then I called a broker from California and he said his fee was $3000 but only after we sell. I know I'm screwed no matter what we do, but what is the best way? Is Red Week any good? Or should I just go with a broker? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

[I deleted the number of DC Points you're selling because the TUG Rules do not allow ad-like posts in the public forums. I'm sure that others will be able to help you with the process - good luck! <-- SueDonJ]

Why pay anyone to sell your deeds? You can go to the "Marketplace" section of TUG and advertise it there. If you need a quick sale then place it on eBay in a seven day auction and sell it to the high bidder.

Once you find a bidder go to www.LTTransfers.com and let them handle the transfer for you. They know what they are doing, do a great job, and are very ethical in what they do. Basically, the best in the business. LT Transfers are the "go to" folks to go to here on TUG.

Best of luck with your sale.

Zak Zazz

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Why pay anyone to sell your deeds? You can go to the "Marketplace" section of TUG and advertise it there. If you need a quick sale then place it on eBay in a seven day auction and sell it to the high bidder.

Once you find a bidder go to www.LTTransfers.com and let them handle the transfer for you. They know what they are doing, do a great job, and are very ethical in what they do. Basically, the best in the business. LT Transfers are the "go to" folks to go to here on TUG.

Best of luck with your sale.

Thank you

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Not what you asked, but in the interim, especially if you still haven't used your 2019 points and are unlikely to complete a sale by the end of the year, I just wanted to make sure you knew that you can rent points to others, at least to recoup your MFs.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

I’m sure everyone here will agree with this over and over again. Commission fee is earned AFTER it’s sold. If they are calling it a listing fee, a listing fee is a nominal amount, ie redweek charges about $100 just to list a sale. Otherwise what is their motivation to sell it??

Zak Zazz

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not what you asked, but in the interim, especially if you still haven't used your 2019 points and are unlikely to complete a sale by the end of the year, I just wanted to make sure you knew that you can rent points to others, at least to recoup your MFs.
How do I rent my points out? What are the steps? How much do I charge? Sorry for all the questions, just not sure how to do this. [Ad-like comment deleted.]

Last edited by a moderator:

Fredward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin- Lagunamar, Kierland Villas, Marriott- Barony Beach, Aruba Surf Club
another option- You can call MVC to ask that deposit your 2019 into II. They will ask how you want them broken up, based on TDI- high season,low season, 2 br, etc. There may not be much resort availability left for this year in case you can't find others to use your points with 7 weeks left in the year.

BreakingAway

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Monarch at Sea Pines (1)
Marriott Grande Ocean (4)

I apologize if I misunderstand but if I do, I expect I will learn something. Your post heading asks how to sell points and then you state how to sell your “two deeds.” So I am not sure if you have points you want to sell or if you have two seeded weeks that you converted to points. If you have “two deeds” you would be selling two weeks and the points would not transfer but you could rent them, use them yourself, or deposit them to use later.