• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Scammed by doctor-timeshare

dunwu

Reaction score
Long story short, I saw an ads on tug posted by someone from doctor-timeshare (https://doctor-timeshare.com/). It's 7,600 Marriott Asia pacific points for $15,000. I signed the contract and paid in full in Sept. 2019, and the nightmare started. The purchase process got stuck in ROFR stage for more than 3 months. I was given many excuses, and silly enough to trust them. At some point in Dec.2019, the agent promised to refund my money if he didn't receive the ROFR waiver in two weeks. Again, it was another lie, and he stopped responding to my email...

Very upset now, and hope other tuggers learn the lesson, and be cautious and alerted when making timeshare purchase even from seller with good reviews on internet.
I paid by visa, I guess it's my only hope. Already started a dispute, but not sure if it covers timeshare purchase ~4month ago. Will let you know.
In the meantime, if you have any advice on fighting to get money back, and stopping them from scamming others, please post here. I will try my best.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
I'm guessing they strung you along enough to get through the dispute time frame with the credit card. (Not sure though.) Good luck, I hope you have a positive resolution.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Long story short, I saw an ads on tug posted by someone from doctor-timeshare (https://doctor-timeshare.com/). It's 7,600 Marriott Asia pacific points for $15,000. I signed the contract and paid in full in Sept. 2019, and the nightmare started. The purchase process got stuck in ROFR stage for more than 3 months. I was given many excuses, and silly enough to trust them. At some point in Dec.2019, the agent promised to refund my money if he didn't receive the ROFR waiver in two weeks. Again, it was another lie, and he stopped responding to my email...

Very upset now, and hope other tuggers learn the lesson, and be cautious and alerted when making timeshare purchase even from seller with good reviews on internet.
I paid by visa, I guess it's my only hope. Already started a dispute, but not sure if it covers timeshare purchase ~4month ago. Will let you know.
In the meantime, if you have any advice on fighting to get money back, and stopping them from scamming others, please post here. I will try my best.
Thank you for sharing. So sorry this happened to you.

This is a lesson for all. Just because it is listed on tug doesn’t mean it is legit. One must do their due diligence to make sure they are dealing with a Legitimate person.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this company located in the United States and what state?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Is this company located in the United States and what state?
Per their website they specialize in European Marriotts and list as Registered in Palma de Mallorca, Balearic Islands, Spain

dunwu

Reaction score
Per their website they specialize in European Marriotts and list as Registered in Palma de Mallorca, Balearic Islands, Spain

That's true. If they are in US, I'd report to police and attorney general office already.
They have positive feedback on both Tug and google. That's why I relaxed and lowered my guard. I guess I learned my lesson.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
First step contact the law enforcement agency in Balearic Islands, Spain for assistance. Is this scammer organization anyway contacted to Marriott’s in any form ?
Liked in their ad?

Did you ever contact Marriott’s Corp about your delays and problems?

Also, there is a consumer protection agency in Spain that protects consumers in timeshare scams.

Did you contact your credit card company within 90 days about this scam?
Do you have a copy of the credit card charged or can you obtain a cc copy?

Last edited:

Hobokie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara (HGVC) + Worldmark
Wow! That's terrible, so sorry to hear that… Question: why wouldn't you use an escrow company for this size purchase vs your credit card?

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points

I have been having communication issues with Doctor Timeshare for several months. Initiated the purchase of 7 Marriott Phuket Beach Resort Platinum weeks in June 2019 and wired funds to escrow. No communication ever from their end on the delays. I have contacted the owner several times to obtain updates. The 1st delay was supposably due to obtaining notarized death certificates for some of the weeks. Now I'm told it is Marriott causing the delays on processing HOTA's for the Phuket Beach Club Property. I have been assured that this is a legitimate company by one of our fellow Tuggers who knows the owner. I'm staying positive that this will end with 7 weeks in my account otherwise I'm out 31,500 EUR. That would hurt!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
vol 90, have you attempted to contact anyone from Marriott’s between June 2019 - December 31, 2019?

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been having communication issues with Doctor Timeshare for several months. Initiated the purchase of 7 Marriott Phuket Beach Resort Platinum weeks in June 2019 and wired funds to escrow. No communication ever from their end on the delays. I have contacted the owner several times to obtain updates. The 1st delay was supposably due to obtaining notarized death certificates for some of the weeks. Now I'm told it is Marriott causing the delays on processing HOTA's for the Phuket Beach Club Property. I have been assured that this is a legitimate company by one of our fellow Tuggers who knows the owner. I'm staying positive that this will end with 7 weeks in my account otherwise I'm out 31,500 EUR. That would hurt!
Did you purchase your first Marriott’s Phuket Beach Club from Doctor Timeshare?

dunwu

Reaction score
First step contact the law enforcement agency in Balearic Islands, Spain for assistance. Is this scammer organization anyway contacted to Marriott’s in any form ?
Liked in their ad?

Did you ever contact Marriott’s Corp about your delays and problems?

Also, there is a consumer protection agency in Spain that protects consumers in timeshare scams.

Did you contact your credit card company within 90 days about this scam?
Do you have a copy of the credit card charged or can you obtain a cc copy?

Thanks for your suggestion. I will try to contact the law enforcement in Balearic Islands.
It's out of 90 days, more like 100-120 days. The credit card company is investigating. Let's see.

dunwu

Reaction score

Perhaps we are in the same boat. They used to be a credible company, but I guess not anymore. I was given the similar excuses.
I suggest you give up the illusion and fight for your money. I will share with you my progress.

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
Did you purchase your first Marriott’s Phuket Beach Club from Doctor Timeshare?
No have purchased 10 Marriott Phuket Resale weeks from various companies without an issue. I am concerned but the money should be in an escrow account based on the instructions and bank information. We will see............ Help Bazzap!

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Why would anyone place that sum of money into anything other than a legitimate escrow company ? I don't get it. The escrow money should have gone to a trusted escrow service.

Bill

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why would anyone place that sum of money into anything other than a legitimate escrow company ? I don't get it. The escrow money should have gone to a trusted escrow service.

Bill

The best lessons are learned from mistakes. Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn.

dunwu

Reaction score

Bill

That's just rubbing salt into my wound:wall: I should have used a third party escrow company.
Like I said, silly enough to trust them and put the money in their company escrow, which can be funded by bank transfer or credit card - I choose the latter.

andre10056

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My sympathies. I'm so angry about people whose life's work is to defraud others. Better to be too cautious than to be too carefree. I know it's small consolation but thank you for letting others know so that they can perhaps avoid a similar experience.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
was this ad in the marketplace? please provide me the ad number so i can look into this.

I did find an account from a doctor-timeshare email...but they havent had an active ad in the marketplace since 2019, nor have they logged in since then either...which makes me wonder if something happened to the company? (and their previous ads date back to 2015 or so).

I got this canned response from my email request to give me an update on the situation reported in this thread, will let you know if a live human responds:

Hello, and thank you for reaching out!
We just wanted to let you know that we have received your message and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

The good news is that we use real people in our office to respond to you personally. The downside is because we put extra attention into every customer question, all emails are replied within 24 hours during business days, and 48 hours on weekends and public holidays.

If you don't hear a word after 48 hours please give us a call on our numbers in Spain +34 910 605 270, in England +44 (0) 800 046 5505 or in Germany +49 (0) 406 991 9011

In the meantime, why not check out our Marriott Timeshare FAQ's Pages: Buyers FAQ's and/or Owners FAQ's? You may be able to find an answer even before we reply to you!

We’ll be in touch soon!
Your friends at Doctor Timeshare

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
That's just rubbing salt into my wound:wall: I should have used a third party escrow company.
Like I said, silly enough to trust them and put the money in their company escrow, which can be funded by bank transfer or credit card - I choose the latter.

Sorry about that, no salt intended. You are not the first , the only or the last person to have been in the screwed over boat. I've been there without a paddle too. Hope things work out but if they don't at least you will have gained some experience.

Is there a link with some Tug approved escrow companies ? I haven't had to use one for the cheap timeshares I acquire.

Bill

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
To the OP. Do you have a local field FBI office near where you live.?
Please contact them and report this cyber incident scam. Ask them do they have a fraud / cyber investigation division in that office.

Please have all your documentation and the timeframe of this incident.

Dates of contacts. The name of the company, company contact person name and
address and telephone number. Credit card used and Bank Name.
The date you reported this incident to your credit card bank.

Two points this an overseas internet company that defrauded you out $15,000.00 using a credit card. Correct.

Last edited:

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
was this ad in the marketplace? please provide me the ad number so i can look into this.

I did find an account from a doctor-timeshare email...but they havent had an active ad in the marketplace since 2019, nor have they logged in since then either...which makes me wonder if something happened to the company? (and their previous ads date back to 2015 or so).

I got this canned response from my email request to give me an update on the situation reported in this thread, will let you know if a live human responds:
If they had a web presence and it expired somebody could have usurped it. That is a classic scammer tactic.

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is their escrow account that I payed in to. Not sure how to validate access to funds. Sebastian Beility is the owner and a former Marriott Vacation Club Rep. Phone # +34 910 605 270

Spoke with him last week. The customer service is bad.......

BANK NAME: CAIXABANK BANK ADDRESS: CALLE MAJOR 12, 07230 MONTUIRI, SPAIN ACCOUNT NUMBER: 2100 0091 64 0200166126 IBAN: ES83 2100 0091 6402 0016 6126 BIC/SWIFT: CAIXESBBXXX

dunwu

Reaction score

Yes, it was originally posted in market place in 06/2019. I contacted them, but was told someone else took the contract already. Few month later in 09/2019, the agent emailed me and said the contract was available again as the financing failed. That's the time I was on the hook.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

Bill
Agree I alway have encouraged buyers to use escrow with a reputable company like LT Transfers even if its only $100