• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Shaun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
I have another purchase going in shortly 2BR OV MOC EOY for 8k, we will see how that goes. As mentioned above, JiminNC had one pass last year at 8k and CDD had one recently pass at $8,750 so we will see.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Marriott waived ROFR on Waiohoa 2BR Ocean View EOY Odd at $6500. I am surprised Marriott is not trying to put the ocean view in the trust. I noticed that Marriott buys back most of the low ball offers. From reading on TUG, my offer was fair and in the ball park of what has been passing. I am hoping as an owner that I can get some of the few ocean views available there esp if I book early. I bought to use and I plan to use this as a week to combine with other timeshares in Kauai and possibly as a rental when I can’t use. I hope the OV designation will provide some extra value as a rental.

Shaun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have another purchase going in shortly 2BR OV MOC EOY for 8k, we will see how that goes. As mentioned above, JiminNC had one pass last year at 8k and CDD had one recently pass at $8,750 so we will see.
My 2BR OV Maui Ocean Club EOY usage just passed for 8k (plus me paying closing costs). I'll enter it on ROFR.net as soon as it's recorded.

On another note my quantity (2) - 1 BR OV MOC EOY purchase on ebay was bought back by Marriott at $3,050 each. That's kind of weird because I just bought one 2 months ago for $3,152.

Last edited:

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
You know ROFR is aggressive when you worry if one of these weeks will pass. ;-)

My MOC Lahaina Week 11/8210 and Taffy19's Week 12/8210 (2BR OF) passed ROFR at $40K. Marriott's points cost would have been about 5.35/point. They were sold to the same buyer...who would not have bought if we hadn't been able to bundle the weeks. Done as separate deals, but contingent on getting both. All parties are very happy. ;-)

Last edited:

Shaun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

My MOC Lahaina Week 11/8210 and Taffy19's Week 12/8210 passed ROFR at $40K. Marriott's points cost would have been about 5.35/point. They were sold to the same buyer...who would not have bought if we hadn't been able to bundle the weeks. Done as separate deals, but contingent on getting both. All parties are very happy. ;-)
Wow, were these 2BR Oceanfront?

taffy19

Reaction score

My MOC Lahaina Week 11/8210 and Taffy19's Week 12/8210 passed ROFR at $40K. Marriott's points cost would have been about 5.35/point. They were sold to the same buyer...who would not have bought if we hadn't been able to bundle the weeks. Done as separate deals, but contingent on getting both. All parties are very happy. ;-)
We had absolutely no intention to sell our timeshares yet in Hawaii but when an offer was sent to me out of the blue, I asked my husband what to do and he left it up to me.

I see the writing on the wall that traveling is only getting harder for my husband every year. He refuses to use a wheelchair at the airport and that makes flying very difficult for me and I just dread it but forget it once we are there but for how much longer?

I am happy with the offer because we have enjoyed staying at our timeshare condo every year with a magnificent view since 2008 so we got our value out of it.

It is not all about money but peace of mind and enjoyment without having to worry about it because the condo was always waiting for us the moment we left until we were returning a year later.

I will miss the beautiful view but I have many memories stored on Smugmug and we can always return by renting something else equally as nice.

I wish the new buyer of week 11 and 12 the same enjoyment that we have experienced all these years and to enjoy the two weeks on a row in the same condo with her family going forward from here.

Thanks, TXTortoise for helping me with the documents, etc. I hope that our path may cross one day in Maui and we can buy you a drink or two to celebrate. :)

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

My MOC Lahaina Week 11/8210 and Taffy19's Week 12/8210 (2BR OF) passed ROFR at $40K. Marriott's points cost would have been about 5.35/point. They were sold to the same buyer...who would not have bought if we hadn't been able to bundle the weeks. Done as separate deals, but contingent on getting both. All parties are very happy. ;-)
As a seller why would one worry about it? You get the same in cash either way. I do wonder if the contractual requirement connecting the separate deals would have had any influence on their decision. Unlike something tangible, it'd be difficult to put a price on that inclusion.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World

I seem to recall you posted that you paid less than that, so looks like you made a little profit. Congrats!

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
As a seller why would one worry about it? You get the same in cash either way. I do wonder if the contractual requirement connecting the separate deals would have had any influence on their decision. Unlike something tangible, it'd be difficult to put a price on that inclusion.

The deals were not officially tied together. I was not overly concerned, but as my week went in first, if it had failed then the buyer would not have closed on Taffy’s. As you note, I would have gotten paid either way and I expect they would have taken Taffy’s also, if they took mine.

I did want it all to work out for the buyer’s sake, and of course for Taffy and me. For the seller to get two prime weeks in the same prime unit was a pretty big deal and is what allowed the inquiry to my Redweek ad, which mentioned the opportunity of two weeks, to move forward.

Last edited:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The deals were not officially tied together. I was not overly concerned, but as my week went in first, if it had failed then the buyer would not have closed on Taffy’s. As you note, I would have gotten paid either way and I expect they would have taken Taffy’s also, if they took mine.

I did want it all to work out for the buyer’s sake, and of course for Taffy and me. For the seller to get two prime weeks in the same prime unit was a pretty big deal and is what allowed the inquiry to my Redweek ad, which mentioned the opportunity of two weeks, to move forward.
That makes sense other than it sounds like that officially the buyer would have been obligated to the second week even if they'd lost the first unless it was in the contract.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not in contract. Just nice grandmother from British Columbia trying to have a place for all her family to visit. Her plans reminded me of you and GregT’s extravaganzas. :)
So legally they would have been obligate to one if the other were taken. Given the way ROFR tends to work I could easily have seen one passing and one not all else exactly the same.

Shaun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The deed was just recorded on my annual 2BR Marriott Maui Ocean Club OV. What date do I enter on ROFR.net? The date of the waiver from Marriott or the date of recording?

I think that I’m going to enter 15k on the sales price instead of the 16k (16k includes me paying 1k in closing costs) because the 15k amount is the amount on the waiver document.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The deed was just recorded on my annual 2BR Marriott Maui Ocean Club OV. What date do I enter on ROFR.net? The date of the waiver from Marriott or the date of recording?

I think that I’m going to enter 15k on the sales price instead of the 16k (16k includes me paying 1k in closing costs) because the 15k amount is the amount on the waiver document.
Enter the date from the waiver document.

toppats

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club

We have a purchase going presently for a 2 bd/2ba at Marriott Timber Lodge EOY Premium Summer for $4,000. I was nervous that Marriott would exercise their ROFR, but in checking the history of ROFR Experiences, it looks like Marriott usually waives on EOY purchases. Hopefully, this is the correct forum for this question. Does anyone have input on this? Thank you

Shaun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We have a purchase going presently for a 2 bd/2ba at Marriott Timber Lodge EOY Premium Summer for $4,000. I was nervous that Marriott would exercise their ROFR, but in checking the history of ROFR Experiences, it looks like Marriott usually waives on EOY purchases. Hopefully, this is the correct forum for this question. Does anyone have input on this? Thank you
From what I've seen it seems like they let a lot of the EOY go, they are more aggressive on the annual from my experience of trying to buy some in the last few months. I don't have any experience with the Timer Lodge though, I've only bought Maui Ocean Club. You'll find out soon enough on the ROFR, good luck!

toppats

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
Also: We currently have legacy week at Marriott Maui Ocean Club and have had for 15 years. Does anyone know if this affects Marriott's ROFD decision to waive or not?

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
Also: We currently have legacy week at Marriott Maui Ocean Club and have had for 15 years. Does anyone know if this affects Marriott's ROFD decision to waive or not?

There's been nothing to suggest that it's anymore than a simple value calculation on their part, albeit inconsistent from our point of view.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
Just got word today that my EOY oceanfront 2-BR in the old buildings at MOC just passed ROFR at $9,500. Thanks Shaun for the lead and direction. I had three agents tell me they had nothing. I asked one to look for me for ocean view about $8k, or ocean front for about $10k, and he basically said, no chance, nothing like that is ever going to go that low.

Shaun

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just got word today that my EOY oceanfront 2-BR in the old buildings at MOC just passed ROFR at $9,500. Thanks Shaun for the lead and direction. I had three agents tell me they had nothing. I asked one to look for me for ocean view about $8k, or ocean front for about $10k, and he basically said, no chance, nothing like that is ever going to go that low.
That is so great, I'm so happy for you. And, it is my pleasure. You're very welcome.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
That is so great, I'm so happy for you. And, it is my pleasure. You're very welcome.
And, for good measure, the seller was willing and able to make me a reservation for Memorial weekend/week in 2020, which is particularly helpful since my step-daughter is getting married in Maui that weekend!

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World

That's a great price for OF. Congrats!

Counting down the days until our return to MOC in February, although this will be a points stay since our owned week is EOY-Odd.

Wahoo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Summit Watch
Marriott Mountainside
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Grande Ocean
Marriott Ocean Watch
Marriott is exercising its right of first refusal on an Ocean Pointe 2 bedroom, Oceanside unit I am selling. The contract price is $8,000. I submitted the ROFR waiver request by email on Friday, and received their decision today.

I've added this to rofr.net.

Hobee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Barony Beach, OceanWatch, SurfWatchx2 MountainSide, Aruba Ocean Club; MVC Trust Points
I had a Mountainside 2 bedroom platinum pass at 15k this week and added it to ROFR.net. Marriott returned their decision in 1 week.