• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I need to correct the ROFR spreadsheet with regard to a Marriott Ko Olina entry below. I’ve emailed the contact (Dioxide45) on that spreadsheet twice but it has not been fixed. I should have typed $12,000 above (not $13,000 like I did). I didn’t see the typo before I posted.

We are closing on a week there for $12,500 and I posted that.

Ko Olina Beach Club1/3/2024PlatinumAnnual2BROcean View
$13,000.00​
FailedAmy241
Sorry for the delay, I will get it fixed. The issue is I can only make the updates on one Windows laptop that I have. I will hook it up today and make the updates.

amy241

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Sanibel Cottages (Affiliate)
Marriott Ko ‘Olina
Sorry for the delay, I will get it fixed. The issue is I can only make the updates on one Windows laptop that I have. I will hook it up today and make the updates.
Thank you! I just wanted us to have accurate information. it was my fault for the typo. lol.

jrb916

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott’s Willow Ridge
2BR Platinum, EOY-Odd
$730
Passed ROFR

won eBay auction on 9/3, confirmed passed ROFR on 10/5, final docs sent to Marriott on 12/22 (said 8 weeks to close), confirmed in our name on 3/6. Total of 6 months.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott’s Grand Chateau
2BR Platinum, EY
$2,000
Passed ROFR

Vacation fun

Reaction score
Question ?
Does anyone know what Marriott does to the deeded weeks that they pick up on First Right of Refusal ?
Do they then re-deed them to points ? Or sell them as bundles ?
How does it affect deeded owners trying to use their weeks to book in at their properties ?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Question ?
Does anyone know what Marriott does to the deeded weeks that they pick up on First Right of Refusal ?
How does it affect deeded owners trying to use their weeks to book in at their properties ?
They convey them over to the trust to sell as points. Weeks sold in the bundles are from owners who have listed their weeks through the Marriott Resale Program.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Question ?
It doesn't have much effect on weeks owners as every week removed from a season is one less owner vying for reservations. And it likely doesn't have much effect on the points side either for the opposite reason. One more owner trying to get reservations that are often high demand.

jsonline

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana / MVC: WKV + SDO
HGVC: Elara
Purchase / ROFR Details:
HGVC Elara
1BR Grand Plus -- Annual -- 12,480 (new) points
$7,750
Date of Sale: 1/5/2024 ; Date ROFR Cleared: 1/24/2024
Passed ROFR in less than 30 days. Added to ROFR database.

Market Commentary:
I paid the classic TUG valuation of ~$1 per (old) point (at 7,800 old points) because this was my optimal deed for HGVC points per MF across a 10+ year holding period. It also included banked 2023 points for an extra $499. This unit was dual-listed on both RedWeek and Ebay, with 20+ watchers on Ebay. I was comfortable purchasing at this valuation to take the unit off the market and eliminate the risk of losing the deal to an Ebay bidder. I also had a March 2024 trip on the radar where I wanted to try to use HGVC points for the booking, so finalizing a purchase and clearing ROFR quickly was important to me.

The seller was The Timeshare Group, LLC (Ebay Handle: Tochoa25) where John Hamlet was my primary contact. The sales / closing process was very professional and went smoothly. The deal was doc'd within a few days and ROFR cleared in less than 30 days after submission. The transaction's superlatives included clear communication, no hidden fees, and excellent service. I highly recommend The Timeshare Group as a resale source and I would gladly do business with them again.

20/20 Hindsight:
I kept an eye on the market after purchasing and it turns out that The Timeshare Group had another Elara unit of this same type in inventory that (from what I gathered from an Ebay posting) sold for ~$6,500 in March 2024. Perhaps this was coincidental or perhaps there are more of these types of units on the market than I thought.

BOTTOM LINE: It seems to me that $6,500 - $7,500 would be the going price for an Elara 1BR-G+ Annual as of Q1:2024.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
Purchase / ROFR Details:
HGVC Elara
1BR Grand Plus -- Annual -- 12,480 (new) points
$7,750
Date of Sale: 1/5/2024 ; Date ROFR Cleared: 1/24/2024
Passed ROFR in less than 30 days. Added to ROFR database.

Market Commentary:
I paid the classic TUG valuation of ~$1 per (old) point (at 7,800 old points) because this was my optimal deed for HGVC points per MF across a 10+ year holding period. It also included banked 2023 points for an extra $499. This unit was dual-listed on both RedWeek and Ebay, with 20+ watchers on Ebay. I was comfortable purchasing at this valuation to take the unit off the market and eliminate the risk of losing the deal to an Ebay bidder. I also had a March 2024 trip on the radar where I wanted to try to use HGVC points for the booking, so finalizing a purchase and clearing ROFR quickly was important to me.

The seller was The Timeshare Group, LLC (Ebay Handle: Tochoa25) where John Hamlet was my primary contact. The sales / closing process was very professional and went smoothly. The deal was doc'd within a few days and ROFR cleared in less than 30 days after submission. The transaction's superlatives included clear communication, no hidden fees, and excellent service. I highly recommend The Timeshare Group as a resale source and I would gladly do business with them again.

20/20 Hindsight:
I kept an eye on the market after purchasing and it turns out that The Timeshare Group had another Elara unit of this same type in inventory that (from what I gathered from an Ebay posting) sold for ~$6,500 in March 2024. Perhaps this was coincidental or perhaps there are more of these types of units on the market than I thought.

BOTTOM LINE: It seems to me that $6,500 - $7,500 would be the going price for an Elara 1BR-G+ Annual as of Q1:2024.
I'm paying $500 for a 1 BR Platinum Elara. We will see if it goes through.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
In the future, you can use the report link in the bottom left and ask for it to be moved. I did this last night, but it doesn't look like it got moved. I have also reported the replies so they can possibly be moved.

[All have now been moved into this thread. mg]

Last edited by a moderator: