• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ROFR Exercised/Passed

Reddart

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA
W57th
Back door “Max”
W57th annual platinum studio plus, just passed ROFR for $1500.

In the scheme of things, especially looking at only a few years ago, a decent deal. But compared to Bobby’s screaming deals, I feel almost like I’m paying retail.
For the timeline, made/payed for the deal 5/9, passed ROFR 6/7, points in my account today 7/22.

So look out W57th owners, the fried chicken class will be joining you in the owners lounge one of these days.

Reddart

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA
W57th
Back door “Max”
I just signed in to check my account, and see the following in the attached picture.

Did I just “get Maxed”?

IMG_9880.jpeg

Reddart

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA
W57th
Back door “Max”
I seem to have access to some Max areas, but it hasn’t seemed to have fully kicked in.

For instance, I have the link to the “Max Hilton discount” page, but when signing in with my credentials, it says I am not yet in the system, but if I have just signed up for Max, it may take up to 30 days to reflect that, for the Hilton discount at least.

But so far in the HGVC system, I only show access to the legacy HGVC destinations.

The reason I’m checking now is I’d like to book speculative reservations to hold my bHC points, but still have a reservation fee to do this. I was going to request AI dues, but if Max is going to fully kick in, then that would give me free reservations. 🤔

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
I seem to have access to some Max areas, but it hasn’t seemed to have fully kicked in.

For instance, I have the link to the “Max Hilton discount” page, but when signing in with my credentials, it says I am not yet in the system, but if I have just signed up for Max, it may take up to 30 days to reflect that, for the Hilton discount at least.

But so far in the HGVC system, I only show access to the legacy HGVC destinations.

The reason I’m checking now is I’d like to book speculative reservations to hold my bHC points, but still have a reservation fee to do this. I was going to request AI dues, but if Max is going to fully kick in, then that would give me free reservations. 🤔
Has the logo, in the upper left in the portal after you have logged in, changed to the Max logo?

Reddart

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA
W57th
Back door “Max”
On the app and mobile page I get this, and the “view membership card”
IMG_9895.jpeg
IMG_9894.jpeg

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
On the app and mobile page I get this, and the “view membership card”
Are you a normal Max memeber? How many HGVC pts do you have? Any Legacy elite status?

Reddart

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA
W57th
Back door “Max”
Are you a normal Max memeber? How many HGVC pts do you have? Any Legacy elite status?
Just a normal legacy HGVC member (2br plt Elara) I had bought retail, and a resale W57th studio+ I just got, which seemed to have triggered the “Max”. Though doesn’t seem fully functional yet.

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
Just a normal legacy HGVC member (2br plt Elara) I had bought retail, and a resale W57th studio+ I just got, which seemed to have triggered the “Max”. Though doesn’t seem fully functional yet.
can you see the bhc window at other nyc resorts, and how many days out can you see availability at dc?

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Just a normal legacy HGVC membe
It sounds like you didn’t lose any Elite Status. So you are basically getting Max for free then.

Reddart

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
ELARA
W57th
Back door “Max”
I can now see the non HGVC resorts, but when I try to check the reservation window for those, I get an error. And I still have a reservation fee if I try to book a reservation.

Yeah, I’m not elite , so being in max isn’t a huge negative, and maybe a positive if the free reservation ability kicks in.

kanerf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Parc Soleil 8000pts EOY cost $1, seller paying all fees. Already an owner, so I not sure if I will have to pay the $695 activation fee. We shall see.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
Parc Soleil 8000pts EOY cost $1, seller paying all fees. Already an owner, so I not sure if I will have to pay the $695 activation fee. We shall see.
You will. Every resale deed will be billed the activation fee. It is the club dues that you only pay once, no matter how many deeds that you own.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
You will get billed. HGVC made nothing on a resale except for their ROFR fee. HGVC will get their piece of the resale pie(enrollment fee) sooner or later.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

dblezard

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land 1BR
Our first resale purchase just cleared ROFR yesterday. Yay!

Found this through RedWeek:

Boulevard Las Vegas - Two One-Bedroom platinum annual intervals on the same deed. 15,360 points at $1522 in maintenance fees.

We are paying $2000 (asking price!) plus closing costs and 2024 maintenance fees to get the current points banked into next year. There's also 2023 points banked into this year so if closing clears fast enough, I can probably save those into RCI as an extra bonus.

Heron

TUG Member
Reaction score

Boulevard Las Vegas - Two One-Bedroom platinum annual intervals on the same deed. 15,360 points at $1522 in maintenance fees.

We are paying $2000 (asking price!) plus closing costs and 2024 maintenance fees to get the current points banked into next year. There's also 2023 points banked into this year so if closing clears fast enough, I can probably save those into RCI as an extra bonus.
That's a great deal. I also just bought an 11200 point 2 bedroom platinum Blvd for 2600. I'm still waiting on rofr so I'm curious, how long did it take for Hilton to respond regarding rofr?

Chris-ATX

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Marbrisa

Great job and nice deal! Couple of questions:
1. how much are closing costs?
2. to confirm, you also reimbursed for 2024 MF? so, an additional $1522 on top of the $2000?

Nicely done!

dblezard

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land 1BR
Great job and nice deal! Couple of questions:
1. how much are closing costs?
2. to confirm, you also reimbursed for 2024 MF? so, an additional $1522 on top of the $2000?

Nicely done!
Closing costs will be about $1200, and then the activation fees with HGVC.

Yes, so you could just say $3500 total purchase cost.

And to the previous question, we were told that the request went into Hilton for ROFR on 9/10 and we heard back 9/25 so basically 2 weeks. Now, the title company didn't send the ROFR request right away when we signed our contract because they were waiting on the seller to get them things so that took another couple of weeks. Fortunately, I'm not in any hurry on this, as the plan was just to get more points and then start to use them in 2025.