• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Redweek asking for MORE info in order to list a timeshare rental

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, and yes I was listing as "verified" as I had done in the past, as I believe that potential renters feel more confident about rentals with the "verified" tag. What I don't understand is why RW now wants to talk to Vistana and not accept the email verification FROM Vistana about the timeshare rental.
Email verifications are easy to fake. So are screenshots. We have no idea now much fraud Redweek encounters, however it would be a pain for them as well to do phone verifications.

In the ideal world, they could use blockchain for these reservations, but most timeshare companies aren't so technologically advanced.

Also, they would prefer to keep renting from owners to seem "risky and dangerous" so they can offer their own rentals at a higher price and sell more timeshares.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
You would thinkk that Redweek could have a "trusted owner" program where their verified process didn't require as many hoops to go through in order to verify a rental. If one has done 10 successful problem free rentals, then something tells me they could trust them with future ones. Perhaps instead of a "verified" flag, they have a "trusted" flag. Kinda means the same thing

grupp

TUG Member
Reaction score
AlmostRetired: your pricing is quite old/outdated. Basic listing went up a month or so ago to $39.99 (I think it was $29.99 before the $10 increase). Verified & Protected is $49.99, and "full service" is normally $79.99 (currently "on sale" for $59.99). Here's a snapshot of the pricing (taken 2 minutes ago) from the Redweek website:

View attachment 85760
They do give a discount if you have multiple ads, which brings the price down to $34 for the Basic and $40 for the Verified and Protected.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
You would thinkk that Redweek could have a "trusted owner" program where their verified process didn't require as many hoops to go through in order to verify a rental. If one has done 10 successful problem free rentals, then something tells me they could trust them with future ones. Perhaps instead of a "verified" flag, they have a "trusted" flag. Kinda means the same thing
And even if an owner made a reservation, and RW verified it with the resort directly by making a call, the owner could always cancel. It's not like that extra step is any kind of guarantee.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
You recently replied in this thread that was talking about the increase in the fee to $40. You also mentioned how you paid $49 for your listing.
I knew the increase of $49 was for protection listing. I didn't realize the basic ad also raised to $39, I thought it was still $25 or $29.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They do give a discount if you have multiple ads, which brings the price down to $34 for the Basic and $40 for the Verified and Protected.
How to get the multi listing discount if you don't mind sharing?

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

Have multiple listings. That's it! There's nothing one should do to make it happen.

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
Has anyone else noticed an increase in the amount of information Redweek is asking for when listing a timeshare for rental? I'm curious to hear your thoughts and experiences with this. While I understand the importance of accurate details, it seems like there might be a shift. What additional information have you been asked for, and how has it impacted your listing process?

Looking forward to your insights and tips on navigating this. Let's share our experiences to make the listing process smoother for everyone!
Been listing on RW for two years using the full service - have not noticed any changes in the process in any way...easey-peasey.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Has anyone else noticed an increase in the amount of information Redweek is asking for when listing a timeshare for rental? I'm curious to hear your thoughts and experiences with this. While I understand the importance of accurate details, it seems like there might be a shift. What additional information have you been asked for, and how has it impacted your listing process?

Looking forward to your insights and tips on navigating this. Let's share our experiences to make the listing process smoother for everyone!
RW has been asking me the same information last 4-5 years. Didn’t really notice anything extra.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Be sure you are logged in to the get discounted price. I think where you might run into issues is if you enter an ad and get to the payment page and you didn't actually log in first. I seem to always be logged in, unless I deleted cookies from my history on Google Chrome. I always get the discount because I am always logged in to list anything.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The fact is that a dishonest person is not likely going to list verify or verify/ protect and then cancel the listing and hope for a payout. The entire process of three-way calling with Disney Vacation Club and me over the phone was ridiculous with RW.

Paying for verify/ protect is very costly because they don't give you anything back, if they don't rent it. If it was a guarantee, then I would be happier to pay. My example of listing on Koala for my Disney rentals shows a real money savings over using RW verify/protect, and Koala doesn't call DVC to verify the listing, they accept the listing after I send the confirmation.

I still have one listed for early January on Koala and on RW (self service ad). I hope to rent it, but if I don't, we will be there and we will just use the nights ourselves and leave Bonnet Creek for 4 nights. The points are expiring at the end of January, so might as well use them.