• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

RCI Suspended Eagle Village Tamiment

Sammy1234

Reaction score
I only got to Section 2, and I think they already violated that section because I never received a letter from the secretary advising when the meeting was.
I can't because we have a lawyer, but can someone do a RIGHT TO KNOW asking for
a copy of that meetings minutes? I can download a copy of a Right To Know form. They have 30 days to answer and if they do not answer, we can send a complaint to the Office of Open Records and they will take it from there.

Attachments

• RTKRequestForm.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 14

Black Diamond

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Phone Calls from Blackwell Recovery?
I got 2 phone calls yesterday from the Blackwell Recovery, collection company from Concordia Services, I did not call them back and am not planning to pay any assessment for EV property that I can not use, trade, giveaway or sell due to current lack of operations.
Anyone else getting calls?
What are you telling them?
Why would EV be spending OUR money to drive away its last few owners/ customers??
What can we do as a group??
They continue to call me daily, I talked to one guy and he says that EV is still operating and honoring Timeshare rentals. I told him that no one answers the phone or is in the office, so how can they claim to be fully functioning, etc. He said the RCI issues has not affected the EV operation if I had a problem with depositing my week that I need to take it up with RCI and not EV. on and one with the lies and trying to pressure me to pay the MF and the collections fee, I said no way am I putting more money into EV because I will not receive any product or service from EV in exchange for the fees.
anyone else being harrass-ed by Blackwell Recovery?

nellevad

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how many people are in this forum, but do think it might be possible if we draft a letter, covering all the our points of complaints we could post it here. Then people could copy and send to the address of the Board of Directors with the correct address? If we all send a registered letter, en masse, covering the legal complaints according to the Declaration and By-laws, it might force them to finally communicate. They have only been communicating through Concord, that only sends out info when MFs are due. If you don't owe, then you do not get a statement or the annual info. Another transgression of this current BOD.

nellevad

TUG Member
Reaction score
They continue to call me daily, I talked to one guy and he says that EV is still operating and honoring Timeshare rentals. I told him that no one answers the phone or is in the office, so how can they claim to be fully functioning, etc. He said the RCI issues has not affected the EV operation if I had a problem with depositing my week that I need to take it up with RCI and not EV. on and one with the lies and trying to pressure me to pay the MF and the collections fee, I said no way am I putting more money into EV because I will not receive any product or service from EV in exchange for the fees.
anyone else being harrass-ed by Blackwell Recovery?
Yes, the really are still operating. They take rentals through booking.com, and Airbnb. I think they also are renting to employees of Poconos Park for long term. I'm going to call them this morning. I got through once on a Saturday morning.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
They continue to call me daily, I talked to one guy and he says that EV is still operating and honoring Timeshare rentals.
Why are you answering the phone? The calls will dissipate and disappear if no one picks up. Let unfamiliar numbers go to voicemail.

Sammy1234

Reaction score
I'm not sure how many people are in this forum, but do think it might be possible if we draft a letter, covering all the our points of complaints we could post it here. Then people could copy and send to the address of the Board of Directors with the correct address? If we all send a registered letter, en masse, covering the legal complaints according to the Declaration and By-laws, it might force them to finally communicate. They have only been communicating through Concord, that only sends out info when MFs are due. If you don't owe, then you do not get a statement or the annual info. Another transgression of this current BOD.
They are not answering certified letters from our attorney, so good idea, but probably not worth our time. If someone would do a Right To Know Form for a copy of this years meeting minutes, they have to supply the information. If they do not after 30 days, you call file a complaint with the office of open records. When the office of open records contacts them, they have to supply the meeting minutes. If they say, there are none (and this is under sworn oath), they would be in a lot of trouble. I downloaded a copy of the right to know request in a prior post. I can't do it because we have an attorney. If someone will do it, and has any questions, I would be happy to help.
There is a group of residents in the township where I live including myself who are making our township supervisors be transparent and they have not been, so we have been filing right to knows. That is why I can help anyone who will do it, because we have done a couple and know what needs to be done.

Sammy1234

Reaction score
Yes, the really are still operating. They take rentals through booking.com, and Airbnb. I think they also are renting to employees of Poconos Park for long term. I'm going to call them this morning. I got through once on a Saturday morning.
Why are you answering the phone? The calls will dissipate and disappear if no one picks up. Let unfamiliar numbers go to voicemail.
I mentioned in a prior post that you can email them and tell Blackwell to stop contacting you. They have to stop and if they do keep calling you, you can file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. If they continue to call you, take a screenshot of the call so you have proof that they keep contacting you.

194725RR

Reaction score
Good idea.

194725RR

Reaction score
If we have a consensus on maybe trying that, I would work on a letter, so could others, post and edit until we get one we like. Or am I just being too hopeful?
Okay. Sounds good. Feel free to post what you have in mind.

Fyi, this forum hasn't sent me post notices since Friday. I just checked to see that there were new posts.

nellevad

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would be willing to submitt that RTK form.
I have been very curious about the Resale Closings, LLC that I have seen on recent recorded deeds. I called them today and left a message. A woman called back. Apparantly they are legit. My first question to her was how can they prove to me that they contact the resort and that the resort will approve the deed back. She then told me she is in touch with Sara Davidson who handles deeds at EV (this is true), that they have been handling the deed transfers for EV for many years now, and they are only about 45 minutes away. She knew what was going on with EV, (so this is not just an internet LLC). She said EV will approve hardship deed backs. She just has to make a call to Sara, and send me the paperwork to get notorized, and then they digitally record the deed at Pike County Office. Takes about 2 weeks. I got the feeling she wouldn't question what my hardship was. The cost was 2500 per week. She said part of that fee goes to EV, and the rest is for recording and their fee. I am not going to do it because I have 2 units and I do not want to spend 5000 at the moment when I can rent out my units. But in the future, I might. This might be a good and simple way out for many people. If someone does it, let us know the results.

nellevad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, I am using them to transfer my childrens' names off of one of our deeds I KNOW!!! It was stupid but at the time, they wanted their names on too because they loved the place. This was 24 years ago. It is costing only $88 for recording and $175 for their fee.

slarney77

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Eagle village
I was given a name Frank and the number was 610-863-1581 and that was the place that Eagle Village gave me to talk about deed back the gentleman said that during covid they were like deeding back for around $1,500 but the price now was totally up to Eagle Village everybody's price is different the last time he quoted me 2600 realistically I would like to know the actual breakdown of what goes to Eagle Village of what he gets I know when I inherited the timeshare I was told that they were going to waive a lot of their fees but some of them were mandatory fees such as filing The Woman My Mother bought the timeshare from she did a deed back and I think she paid between 3:00 and $4,000 for one week which if you think about it it's worth paying a one-time fee instead of being bled every single year because you don't know year to year if they're just going to be a big increase in the maintenance before I would even consider doing a deed back I would like an honest conversation from the board instead of hearing from them once a year with the standard you know you owe us maintenance you know an actual letter that says what's going on you know it seems a lot there's no transparency and what's going on there the day-to-day operation I highly doubt the place is busy 52 weeks out of the year so during the down times what's going on are people in the office I went to a timeshare in Idaho where I actually had a call the person left a telephone number they had to go from their house to the resort to let us in the timeshare so realistically you know I would like an honest answer coming out of the board whoever's running the place I've tried to get in contact with people in the past and I've never heard anything back from I sent the person Sarah an email I never got a response for somebody who wants money out of me I would really you don't have to wonder why would I you'll want to pay something that I don't use don't hear anything from it's like having a long lost relative show up out of the blue once a year

moreyzoo

Reaction score
It appears John Oakes wants to provide "Places to Stay" for people attending his events. Check out Poconos Park's website, which has been greatly expanded. It would make sense that he is interested in EV. He can offer weeks for rent. It sounds like he might be only interested in buying certain weeks, in perhaps certain buildings? If I were him, I'd be looking for the buildings that have the least ownership to invest in so that I could buy the remaining weeks and have the whole building. If owners pay dues, he doesn't have access to those weeks to rent--right? Or maybe he would only buy prime summer weeks and leave the off season for owner weeks? Question: Did he mention how much he would buy your week for, or did you offer it for free? What week do you have? I would think he would want a whole building. But then, if he owned a building, RCI would no longer be involved in that building. Also, how much in MFs would he now owe EV? Would they give him a break to compensate for the renovations? I don't understand how 5 buildings fixed up would help other owners in other buildings with RCI. Sooo many questions. But, I'm pretty sure when this is all ironed out, we will have a special assessment.
How do we contact John Oakes to offer our week to him? I have my deed in my safe deposit box And it’s week 30 mid summer.

Sammy1234

Reaction score
I would be willing to submitt that RTK form.
I have been very curious about the Resale Closings, LLC that I have seen on recent recorded deeds. I called them today and left a message. A woman called back. Apparantly they are legit. My first question to her was how can they prove to me that they contact the resort and that the resort will approve the deed back. She then told me she is in touch with Sara Davidson who handles deeds at EV (this is true), that they have been handling the deed transfers for EV for many years now, and they are only about 45 minutes away. She knew what was going on with EV, (so this is not just an internet LLC). She said EV will approve hardship deed backs. She just has to make a call to Sara, and send me the paperwork to get notorized, and then they digitally record the deed at Pike County Office. Takes about 2 weeks. I got the feeling she wouldn't question what my hardship was. The cost was 2500 per week. She said part of that fee goes to EV, and the rest is for recording and their fee. I am not going to do it because I have 2 units and I do not want to spend 5000 at the moment when I can rent out my units. But in the future, I might. This might be a good and simple way out for many people. If someone does it, let us know the results.
Ok great for doing the right to know, but I have some insight as to how to do it. When we were doing them for answers to what our township supervisors were doing, you can't just ask a question like what is going on? They have to be questions like, please submit the meeting meetings (you would have to find the date of the last meeting with the board.) You could ask for all emails and correspondence between Eagle Village and John Oakes for the years 2021, 2022 and 2023. You could ask for the last three years of financial statements. Ask for the names and emails of all the board members. I would even ask for a copy of any ordinance violations Eagle Village might have been issued in the last three years. Ask for copies of all maintenance work done at Eagle Village for the years 2021, 2022 and 2023. These are just suggestions, but again, they have to answer a Right To Know within 30 days. If they come back with any reasons why they can't answer any or all questions, you can then submit a letter to the office of open records (all this information should be on the right to know form I downloaded in a prior post). If they would come back and say, just for example, we do not have the financial statements, that's where the office of open records comes in. They make them swear under oath that that is a true statement and if they are not telling the truth, they will be in a lot of trouble. If you need anymore help, just let me know.

LisaC

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Eagle Village at Tamiment
Has everyone on here who has not paid maintenance fees received a collection call? I have not, as of yet.

nellevad

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been working on the RTK. I will post what I will plan to list so I can get imput. But, I came across an interesting recorded document today. Apparently, EV has contracted with Heller Gas to install propane tanks, and has given them the easement to maintain them.

194725RR

Reaction score
I have been working on the RTK. I will post what I will plan to list so I can get imput. But, I came across an interesting recorded document today. Apparently, EV has contracted with Heller Gas to install propane tanks, and has given them the easement to maintain them.
Thanks for sharing this information. It could mean that property restoration is underway and we might be headed towards RCI reinstatement. If only we could be properly informed by the board as stakeholders in Eagle Village so we'd know for sure.It definitely gives a bit of hope.

nellevad

TUG Member
Reaction score
One more interesting change to the lake which is called Second Pond aka Tamiment Lake. It is now owned by Community Utilities of Pennsylvania, granted over by Highland. This is big because now the lake is considered a public water asset - not private. They just did utility work along the lake. The lake is classified as a water reservoir and services EV, Eagle Point , and The Glen. It also was the old Tamiment Hotel's water resource. https://www.myutility.us/pennsylvania/news/detail?id=e53458e5-8533-6283-8a44-ff0000903d3d&index=0. Perhaps another indication that there is redevelopment.

nellevad

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is what I have come up with for the RTK. I tried to keep it to the point.

Minutes for Annual Meetings of the board held for the years 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024.

Budget for each of the years 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023,2024.

Minutes for all Special Meetings of the board held for years 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024.

The total number of POA weeks/units that were owned by the board by December 31, of each of the following years: 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, if not listed in the Annual Meeting minutes.

The names and emails of the current Board of Directors.

The names and emails of the previous Board of Directors.

The amount of money in each Reserve Account at the end of the year for each of the following years: 2020, 2021,2022, 2023, 2024.

The total money received through deed-backs for each of the years 2020, 2021,2022, 2023, 2024.

The total money received through forfeitures for each of the years 2020, 2021,2022, 2023, 2024.

All correspondence with RCI for each of the years 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023,2024, regarding the condition and upgrades need to remain in the relationship.

The hours the Office will be open each week through the end of 2024.

Sammy1234

Reaction score

Minutes for Annual Meetings of the board held for the years 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024.

Minutes for all Special Meetings of the board held for years 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024.

The total number of POA weeks/units that were owned by the board by December 31, of each of the following years: 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, if not listed in the Annual Meeting minutes.

The amount of money in each Reserve Account at the end of the year for each of the following years: 2020, 2021,2022, 2023, 2024.

The total money received through deed-backs for each of the years 2020, 2021,2022, 2023, 2024.

The total money received through forfeitures for each of the years 2020, 2021,2022, 2023, 2024.

All correspondence with RCI for each of the years 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023,2024, regarding the condition and upgrades need to remain in the relationship.

Your right to know is very good. Are you going to send it to them soon? Let us know what happens. We deserve to have some answers! Especially if they want us to continue paying maintenance fees.

194725RR

Reaction score

I couldn't have done this better. Approved. Thank you for this great work.