• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question Amex

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just won an eBay auction for an HGVC Parc Soleil 1 Bedroom Platinum Season with 7,680 points, and the MF w/ club fees is $1,355.05. I am feeling pretty good as it will be just $1275, all said and done (closing transfer, etc); I am just waiting on closing. I currently have the Hilton Honors card. Do you all recommend the Aspire Card? The MF gets billed by Hilton, so I would get the 14X points instead of the 7X. I won't likely be using my points at Parc Soleil as I want to explore more broadly, and I was just there this last year, so I may or may not get to use the resort credit, may get used out of the airline credit and of course the free night certificate. Are there any other benefits for HGVC owners to get the Aspire card?

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
You can get the resort credit when you pay your MFs, you get HH Diamond status, the $189 Clear credit, etc. It is worth it to us.

Reaction score
That is awesome. I didn't know the MF would trigger the Resort Credit. 100% applying right now! Edit: In Amex pop-up jail! So may have to wait until next year!

Last edited:

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not all properties do but most. Where all do you own?

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You should be fine then. That is a HGV owned property

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Parc Soleil is on the list of resorts that gets credit. Don't forget another annual benefit of Aspire is one free hotel night.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
And the earned free night

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: W. 57th, Vegas Strip
DVC: Boardwalk Villas, Beach Club villas
And the airlines credit. Really a no-brainer, IMO, for anyone that can reliably use the Resort Credit, like HGVC owners. The rest are relatively easy to use.

Cheers.

cnacht

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own at the Flamingo. Would Resort Credit apply there? I have Surpass and wonder if it would be better to have the aspire.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
@HuskerATL Regarding the resort credit, would it only be $200 towards the annual maintenance fee? Or are you somehow breaking up your maintenance fee and making two payments?

1698444782890.png

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@HuskerATL Regarding the resort credit, would it only be $200 towards the annual maintenance fee? Or are you somehow breaking up your maintenance fee and making two payments?

View attachment 83171

This is starting in Jan 1, 2024 So it won't matter this year, so not payments will work in Dec. Butfor Jan-Jun 2024 it won't really matter., so make all your payment in that Cycle. Pay the bill, get the credit.

But for 2025 MF, you could pay make 1 payment in Jul-Dec 24 cycle, and another payment in Jan-Jun 25 cycle. If you have 2 timeshares, just pay one in Dec and 1 in Jan. If you only have 1 and want to make a partial payment, I think you have to do that over the phone, as I don't believe you can make a partial payment online on HGVC website.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

View attachment 83171
I guess it depends on when you got the card. If you are already have it, you can get $250 this year yet and then $200 starting Jan 1. If you are a new card holder then you may be able to get $200 this year and then $200 after Jan 1. If you have two deeds, then you could pay one before Dec 31st and the other after Jan 1st. If you have 1 deed, then you can pay part of a bill before Dec 31st and then the rest after. I think that would qualify for both.

1698446605789.png

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is starting in Jan 1, 2024 So it won't matter this year, so not payments will work in Dec. Butfor Jan-Jun 2024 it won't really matter., so make all your payment in that Cycle. Pay the bill, get the credit.

But for 2025 MF, you could pay make 1 payment in Jul-Dec 24 cycle, and another payment in Jan-Jun 25 cycle. If you have 2 timeshares, just pay one in Dec and 1 in Jan. If you only have 1 and want to make a partial payment, I think you have to do that over the phone, as I don't believe you can make a partial payment online on HGVC website.
What about a new card holder though? They would not get the $250, like before, but would they get the $200 if they paid part of the bill this calendar year and then the other $200 after Jan 1st? I think that term, that I posted above, is for existing card holders. I would think new card holders could avail of the $200 now.

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
If you only have 1 and want to make a partial payment, I think you have to do that over the phone, as I don't believe you can make a partial payment online on HGVC website.
You can make partial payments on the website. I just did that yesterday.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
okay. I just tested it so we will see. I have used my $250 credit this year already but my wife just got the Aspire card on her own. I just paid part of our Blvd MFs with her new card. If my theory works, she should get the $200 credit and the 14x and then, after Jan 1st, she can pay the rest of the Blvd bill and get the other $200.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Or are you somehow breaking up your maintenance fee and making two payments?
The other possibility is to pick up a Valdoro deed where MFs are paid in two installments. (Honestly, I don't recommend getting a Valdoro deed for this reason alone because the MFs are extremely high, but it does solve this issue).

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
The other possibility is to pick up a Valdoro deed where MFs are paid in two installments. (Honestly, I don't recommend getting a Valdoro deed for this reason alone because the MFs are extremely high, but it does solve this issue).

I really don’t consider them extremely high, as I’ve seen much higher. It’s all about buying the right deed (ie: Platinum 1BR Plus).

It should not be an issue for anyone (other than an owner with only an EOY) to pay $200 in Nov/Dec and $200 in Jan.

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
What about a new card holder though? They would not get the $250, like before, but would they get the $200 if they paid part of the bill this calendar year and then the other $200 after Jan 1st? I think that term, that I posted above, is for existing card holders. I would think new card holders could avail of the $200 now.

I asked Amex Aspire customer service rep this morning, and they confirmed, yes, this the case, for new cards after Oct 19th announcement, new applications get $200 now until end of year, and $200 again starting next year. Existing card member before Oct. 19 announcement gets $250 until end of this year if not used up yet after anniversary date/year.

I will put it to the test since I just applied for and approved for 2nd Amex Aspire card this morning. Although no SUB as compared to getting Surpass and upgrading a year later, I wanted FNC right away after paying annual fee, because I have a plan use for it next year. Plus, to me, the Aspire is still a no brainer keeper card anyways with HGVC MF dues that we have to pay anyways, and my family favor flying Southwest due to free check-in baggage. Don't have status with any airlines nor have any of the airline credit cards.

Great3

Last edited:

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Although it does say partial payments aren't allowed online, that you must call, it did work for me last year, and again this year online, I was able to make partial split payments online without calling. I just paid $500 ($250 split) MF dues across 2 Aspire cards between my wife and I. I will be making another $200 partial split payment when my 2nd Aspire card arrives. Than again, next year in Jan. I will be making 3 split payments of $200 each across 3 Aspire cards. Doing the math, that's $1300 out of my ~$1340 MF bill that I have to pay anyways for this year, so not too bad.

I was actually planning to get both my wife and I both 2nd Aspire cards originally, but now that resort credits is changed to $400 per year, I got to hold off until my MF dues will get over $1600, which at the going rate, will probably be in 3-5 years. I don't want to be forced to have go to stay at more Hilton resorts, just to use up a fourth $400 credit over a year with a 4th Aspire card, since I can't do it organically, and don't want to manufacture Hilton spend.

Hoping this all works out as I planned!!!

Great3

ETA: Wish I knew about the credit card games / benefits earlier, since I owned HGVC for quite a while. Didn't carry any annual fee credit cards (don't even talk about high annual fee ones) until starting Aug. last year. It finally made sense to me why anyone would willingly be paying $450 or more just to have a credit card. It was after talking to Frank (Thanks Frank!), meeting him at Marriott Ko Olina, that I learned about this and got home and started researching, reading about it on TUGbbs. Although late to the game, I am still very happy. Just had our stay in Waldorf Astoria Washington D.C. last month, and wife loved it too much, that I hope I don't end up going down that slippery slope of spending more than I originally plan on spending, and ending up with that 4th Apsire card sooner due to want instead of need... LOL!!! :)

And welcome OP to the AMEX Hilton Aspire family and welcome to my favorite timeshare of them all, HGVC!!! Yes, even over DVC which I also own. May you enjoy creating many precious memories as you vacation over the years with HGVC, OP!

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Although it does say partial payments aren't allowed online, that you must call, it did work for me last year, and again this year online, I was able to make partial split payments online without calling. I just paid $500 ($250 split) MF dues across 2 Aspire cards between my wife and I. I will be making another $200 partial split payment when my 2nd Aspire card arrives. Than again, next year in Jan. I will be making 3 split payments of $200 each across 3 Aspire cards. Doing the math, that's $1300 out of my ~$1340 MF bill that I have to pay anyways for this year, so not too bad.

I was actually planning to get both my wife and I both 2nd Aspire cards originally, but now that resort credits is changed to $400 per year, I got to hold off until my MF dues will get over $1600, which at the going rate, will probably be in 3-5 years. I don't want to be forced to have go to stay at more Hilton resorts, just to use up a fourth $400 credit over a year with a 4th Aspire card, since I can't do it organically, and don't want to manufacture Hilton spend.

Hoping this all works out as I planned!!!

Great3

ETA: Wish I knew about the credit card games / benefits earlier, since I owned HGVC for quite a while. Didn't carry any annual fee credit cards (don't even talk about high annual fee ones) until starting Aug. last year. It finally made sense to me why anyone would willingly be paying $450 or more just to have a credit card. It was after talking to Frank (Thanks Frank!), meeting him at Marriott Ko Olina, that I learned about this and got home and started researching, reading about it on TUGbbs. Although late to the game, I am still very happy. Just had our stay in Waldorf Astoria Washington D.C. last month, and wife loved it too much, that I hope I don't end up going down that slippery slope of spending more than I originally plan on spending, and ending up with that 4th Apsire card sooner due to want instead of need... LOL!!! :)

And welcome OP to the AMEX Hilton Aspire family and welcome to my favorite timeshare of them all, HGVC!!! Yes, even over DVC which I also own. May you enjoy creating many precious memories as you vacation over the years with HGVC, OP!
Love the Waldorf Astoria DC! Hope you had the chance to get dinner at The Bazaar, too. There are a few additional deals to use there with In Kind.

raddoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was actually planning to get both my wife and I both 2nd Aspire cards

How are people getting multiple Aspire cards? Can you get them in a business name even if Amex doesn't offer a business Aspire card?

raddoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just paid $500 ($250 split) MF dues across 2 Aspire cards between my wife and I.

Are people getting Aspire credits for MF making charges in whole dollar amounts like $200 or $250?

Asking because I had charges at Elara ($199 club dues and $655 resort activation fee) that didn't trigger the Aspire credits even though Elara is included in the resorts that should trigger the credit. I think @letsgobobby had a similar issue at Elara, can't remember if that was resolved after calling? (I think it was resolved but couldn't find the follow up post about it) I never called about mine because I hate the time and hassle of calling about stuff like that. @1Kflyerguy reported that his resort activation fee at Elara triggered the Aspire credit but I believe that was in a previous calendar year.

I did have charges at Boulevard later on that did trigger the credit but they weren't even dollar amounts, they were irregular amounts (ie - $51.67 rather than $50). Curious if those with whole dollar amounts had issues with the Aspire credit? I'm wondering if that was the reason why my Elara charges didn't trigger the Aspire credit.