• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

owners.marriottvacationclub.com CURRENT IT ISSUES [MERGED]

Ddaley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update. I own 3 weeks at Waiohai 2 weeks that can be booked 1-51 and one that can be booked 1-52, this is because fixed weeks can also be used at any other time during the calendar. I normally book consecutive Christmas, New Years at the 13 month mark no issues in over 12 years. This year there is no inventory for week 51 at the 13 month mark when I finally get a representative on the phone at ~ 10:00 am EST. I am told not worry that the rest of the inventory will be available at 12 months.

Today - website down yet again and I have to resort to calling in for reservations. I tell the agent that I need to book 2 Christmas weeks and a New Years week. Fixed week New Years for 12 months has yet to be released but I can book because I am doing consecutive weeks. I initially wanted a Sat and Sun check in for Christmas- available- agent goes to book and Sunday is no longer available. Fine I request that he book 2 Sat Check-ins- done. Then we move to the New Years check in and he tells me it cannot be booked. Turns out he used the week 52 to book 51. he then cancels the reservations and then he books week 52 and then tells me there is no inventory for Sat or Friday check-in for Christmas. I tell him this not possible and to please get a supervisor. Supervisor comes on and tells me that the impossible has happened the week 52 has two reservations attached a week 51 and 52- not supposed to be possible and that they have no alternative but to cancel both reservations but the system is showing no inventory is available for week 51. But they have to give me a week 51- they say it not possible and want me to let it go and use the week to book currently available inventory- which I cannot see because I can't log-in. I tell that this is a situation that they need to resolve because I own the inventory I could not book due to the website being down. Their agent did not pay attention to the fact that he was booking consecutive reservations for fixed weeks and that only a week 52 can book week 52! What a gong show. The supervisor tells me that the agent was tying to book weeks as quickly as possible as he is trained and he did his job well and booked the week as quickly as possible but inadvertently used the week 52 to secure one of the Christmas weeks. Unfortunately an error was made but nothing can be done and I need to accept that inventory is gone.

After over an hour of back and forth requesting escalation to a higher level and being told there is no one above a supervisor, I get them to agree to call the resort and try and work to get me the inventory and that I am legally entitled to! I got a call back 3 hours later telling me that the resort also confirmed that there is no availability and they cannot simply move one of the reservations that is assigned to week 52 which is securing both a week 51 and a week 52 reservation to the other available week 51 that I am holding. I need to choose which week I want my 52 to be assigned (51 or 52). The additional week 51 needs to be used to book an available week in the calendar as there are no longer any week 51 available. No one can explain to me why on the back end they cannot move the week 51 check-in to the week 51, but is supposedly impossible. Similarly it is supposed to be impossible for one week to be assigned two separate reservations in two different weeks.

So at this time I have now spent a month on the phone, chat and website and I still do not have my Christmas/New Years reservations. If this is not resolved I think I have a very good legal case. I went onto Marriott.com and all 3 reservations are there, but in the vacation club site I only have 1 reservation. Anyone have any other suggestions for how I can get this resolved?

Is this potentially issue due to the points reservations being made via bot? Is it really possible that all week 51 are gone? I think that this is still a week that is attached to the week 52 inventory- why can this not be just assigned to the remaining week. Would love it if someone could explain this gong show.

Last edited:

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
What the hey???? I just got online on the slim chance that this was all a bad dream and something would show up for Christmas next year What I wanted was sitting right there! Don't give up hope, people! This is the screwiest system!

Jim Mc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: (2) Grand Vista, Ocean Watch Grand Dunes, Waiohai Beach Club, Maui Ocean Club, Playa Andaluza Malaga Spain and 4,500 Abound Club Points (2) Master Villas Mesquite NV
The CSRs are always a pleasure to work with and it is hard not to be short with them for the lack of leadership MVC is showing during this period. I don't understand the lack of ownership the CEO is taking. He isn't willing to publicly to attach his name directly to this debacle. Instead he tells the CSRs to say that the IT is aware and has this as their highest priority, yeah sure.

Jim Mc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: (2) Grand Vista, Ocean Watch Grand Dunes, Waiohai Beach Club, Maui Ocean Club, Playa Andaluza Malaga Spain and 4,500 Abound Club Points (2) Master Villas Mesquite NV
Maybe we should all send an invoice for the time we are spending to get reservations?

Jim Mc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So, for those of us that continually have issues with the web site and have to call the CSRs we basically SOL for the 4 days the office is closed. Maybe they should have the executives man the phones for that period of time?

For 1 month now I have not been able to my points balance. I get an error message and when I call the CSRs they have the same issue. They are told that its effecting a large group of owners and that the IT department is handling it with the highest priority! 1 month and its not fixed!!!

Frustrated that I cant actually tell one of the board members or any one at the executive level, but not sure they actually care anyways!

Michigan Czar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club Annual, 2 x Marriott's Maui Ocean Club Odd
I logged in a few times last night and today and got lucky. I found week 51 for Dec 23 and grabbed it. Keep trying and hope Tugger’s all get what they wanted.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
It's crazy- back over the summer we experienced the same issue. I always reserve online and usually have my computer and iPad both open just in case one freezes (trying to book limited inventory 3BR and occasionally the site freezes, prob. because the arrival day is gone). In over a decade of ownership I've never had an issue, but luckily I was extra wary this year because the site was painfully slow. I had hubby call in as well. In the past when I've called in I'm booked by the time an agent is starting to look. Not this year. Site was freezing on both the computer and the iPad and luckily a phone agent was able to secure a Monday check-in, but my desired Sunday was gone. Anyway, called in a few times and was a blessing to switch till Sunday a few hours later. Was still able to see online availability (even though I shouldn't have been) and all arrival days became intermittently available over a 24 hour period.

Ddaley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update. I own 3 weeks at Waiohai 2 weeks that can be booked 1-51 and one that can be booked 1-52, this is because fixed weeks can also be used at any other time during the calendar. I normally book consecutive Christmas, New Years at the 13 month mark no issues in over 12 years. This year there is no inventory for week 51 at the 13 month mark when I finally get a representative on the phone at ~ 10:00 am EST. I am told not worry that the rest of the inventory will be available at 12 months.

Today - website down yet again and I have to resort to calling in for reservations. I tell the agent that I need to book 2 Christmas weeks and a New Years week. Fixed week New Years for 12 months has yet to be released but I can book because I am doing consecutive weeks. I initially wanted a Sat and Sun check in for Christmas- available- agent goes to book and Sunday is no longer available. Fine I request that he book 2 Sat Check-ins- done. Then we move to the New Years check in and he tells me it cannot be booked. Turns out he used the week 52 to book 51. he then cancels the reservations and then he books week 52 and then tells me there is no inventory for Sat or Friday check-in for Christmas. I tell him this not possible and to please get a supervisor. Supervisor comes on and tells me that the impossible has happened the week 52 has two reservations attached a week 51 and 52- not supposed to be possible and that they have no alternative but to cancel both reservations but the system is showing no inventory is available for week 51. But they have to give me a week 51- they say it not possible and want me to let it go and use the week to book currently available inventory- which I cannot see because I can't log-in. I tell that this is a situation that they need to resolve because I own the inventory I could not book due to the website being down. Their agent did not pay attention to the fact that he was booking consecutive reservations for fixed weeks and that only a week 52 can book week 52! What a gong show. The supervisor tells me that the agent was tying to book weeks as quickly as possible as he is trained and he did his job well and booked the week as quickly as possible but inadvertently used the week 52 to secure one of the Christmas weeks. Unfortunately an error was made but nothing can be done and I need to accept that inventory is gone.

After over an hour of back and forth requesting escalation to a higher level and being told there is no one above a supervisor, I get them to agree to call the resort and try and work to get me the inventory and that I am legally entitled to! I got a call back 3 hours later telling me that the resort also confirmed that there is no availability and they cannot simply move one of the reservations that is assigned to week 52 which is securing both a week 51 and a week 52 reservation to the other available week 51 that I am holding. I need to choose which week I want my 52 to be assigned (51 or 52). The additional week 51 needs to be used to book an available week in the calendar as there are no longer any week 51 available. No one can explain to me why on the back end they cannot move the week 51 check-in to the week 51, but is supposedly impossible. Similarly it is supposed to be impossible for one week to be assigned two separate reservations in two different weeks.

So at this time I have now spent a month on the phone, chat and website and I still do not have my Christmas/New Years reservations. If this is not resolved I think I have a very good legal case. I went onto Marriott.com and all 3 reservations are there, but in the vacation club site I only have 1 reservation. Anyone have any other suggestions for how I can get this resolved?

Is this potentially issue due to the points reservations being made via bot? Is it really possible that all week 51 are gone? I think that this is still a week that is attached to the week 52 inventory- why can this not be just assigned to the remaining week. Would love it if someone could explain this gong show.
Update agent called to say they would be cancelling the reservations but would continue to work with revenue management to get the week. Because it was their error they agreed to rent the week. Turns out it was not needed when they cancelled the reservation the inventory returned. They assured me this would not happened because the reservation was not backed by inventory.

Interestingly the supervisor speculated that it may have been because of the power of the 52. She told me that while all reservations may appear equal in the backend they are not and certain weeks have greater power. Don't understand, just happy and very grateful to get the reservations.

Best of luck!

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
This morning was looking up early 2024 reservations in Hilton head (Abound points). I'm Select looking for 12-day booking, so able to see 13 months out. First try for Monarch stated "outside of booking window" when I clicked through to get the calendar (you couldn't see the calendar at all). Looked at Surfwatch, no problem saw through end of January more or less. Went BACK to Monarch and it showed up as expected.

New day, new weird behavior. SMH

@Ddaley - glad you got your issue resolved and the weeks you want (and are entitled to) booked. Tough sledding for sure.

rickxylon

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aruba Ocean Club
Aruba Surf Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Phuket Beach Club
Here we go again!! Can log in but can't get to my portfolio to check weeks. Chat also not working.

Jim Mc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When they posted this:

PARDON OUR DUST
Your Owner website will be offline starting 12:30 a.m. Eastern Time on August 1, 2022, for a scheduled system update. We expect the website to be unavailable for approximately 15 hours.

They might have meant "Months" not hours as its already over 15 weeks. Just a thought.

Has anyone actually got a response from them other than "IT is aware and working on it"

rickxylon

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aruba Ocean Club
Aruba Surf Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Phuket Beach Club
When they posted this:

PARDON OUR DUST
Your Owner website will be offline starting 12:30 a.m. Eastern Time on August 1, 2022, for a scheduled system update. We expect the website to be unavailable for approximately 15 hours.

They might have meant "Months" not hours as its already over 15 weeks. Just a thought.

Has anyone actually got a response from them other than "IT is aware and working on it"
That’s the problem. IT is working on it!

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
New error message....

1673359820521.png

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
With club dues due tomorrow for many, it’s absurd that we can’t even log in to our account. And the site will be increasingly hammered as people try to log in to make reservations. Incredible that since the summer they can’t get this right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
With club dues due tomorrow for many, it’s absurd that we can’t even log in to our account. And the site will be increasingly hammered as people try to log in to make reservations. Incredible that since the summer they can’t get this right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I didn't think the Club Dues were due until later in the month. Last year they were due on the 28th. I beleive Vistana owners are indicating they are due on the 27th.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I didn't think the Club Dues were due until later in the month. Last year they were due on the 28th. I beleive Vistana owners are indicating they are due on the 27th.
I think it's my MF then, and club dues due on the 27th. Irregardless. it's absurd- and so far the 3 minute estimated hold time has been 45 minutes and counting.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Each MVC resort has their own MF due date. Mine range from 1/12-1/28. I'm sure they will charge late fees even if you can't login.

n777lt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sigh. I tried yesterday but had other stuff to do so didn't pursue it. Now, with Maui due today, there's a 57 minute wait on the phone. hope the automated call-back works. Even the website chat doesn't work. Will send an email to document efforts to reach them and pay on time (their system should have it recorded, since my phone number was matched to my account by the automated system, but who trusts that).

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My MVC enrolled weeks Club Dues date is 27th January 2023.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
My MVC enrolled weeks Club Dues date is 27th January 2023.
I have one due on the 18th (Grande Vista) and another on the 20th (Harbour Lake)

I was able to pay maintenance fees online this morning.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I paid some maintenance fees too. All the ones due 1/13. Pretty bad the other day when you "want" to pay but can't. Still can't make a reservation. When I made a few over Christmas break the rep said they know and nobody can make one.

The problem with a timeshare model is where is the motivation for them to fix it? Who is going to pay extra if it works better? Who potentially suffers financially if they really don't care? We do.

They do not care.

I don't know if some of you old timers remember my payment application fiasco several years ago. I made the mistake of paying all my maintenance fees in one payment. And they applied the whole payment to one owner number when they force you to have multiple owner numbers if you own a week alone or with another party. So I had an overpayment on a single unit because someone brain dead in accounting didn't know what to do while I had over 15 units starting the foreclosure process. I spent over 50 hours on hold or talking to someone explaining the same issue over and over and over. I ended up figuring out exactly what they did and what they needed to do to fix it.

They do not care.

Last edited:

rylan

Reaction score
Have not been able to make a reservation in months on the website - requires a CSR to do it. Getting the same error every time regardless of which unit I select or time period.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
@Saintsfanfl
You are exactly right. We are "owners", not customers. If we complain, they do not care. Our only recourse is to sell. If we sell, they do not care, because someone else will be paying the MF.
We have a similar issue at WorldMark. We had an excellent reservation system that didn't have a fancy user interface, but it functioned. Now, we have maps, and pretty pictures, and it takes 10 seconds before we can select the unit type. If we want to move to another month, that's several more seconds, unless it locks up completely.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Have not been able to make a reservation in months on the website - requires a CSR to do it. Getting the same error every time regardless of which unit I select or time period.
might your error have to do with both a marriott legacy ownership and vistana? That was my problem