• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

owners.marriottvacationclub.com CURRENT IT ISSUES [MERGED]

BigDawgTUG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it finally here???

qsoqrwevr5ml5v74zfxf.jpg

PARDON OUR DUST
Your Owner website will be offline starting 12:30 a.m. Eastern Time on August 1, 2022, for a scheduled system update. We expect the website to be unavailable for approximately 15 hours.
There continues to be many behind-the-scene improvements as we bring together multiple vacation options for you to explore and enjoy. This important update will enhance your vacation planning and online experience.
Thank you for your patience during
this extended outage.
For Weeks Owners, any inventory scheduled to be released on August 1st will be moved to 9:00 a.m. on August 2nd. later.

BigDawgTUG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kudos for MVC for giving a heads up on the outage. However, the pop-up is so large that on my smaller iPhone, the "X" that I need to close the pop-up is off the screen and I cannot maneuver to get it on the screen so that I can close it. It is effectively preventing me from accessing anything on the site from my phone. Ugh!!!

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Is it finally here???

qsoqrwevr5ml5v74zfxf.jpg

PARDON OUR DUST
Your Owner website will be offline starting 12:30 a.m. Eastern Time on August 1, 2022, for a scheduled system update. We expect the website to be unavailable for approximately 15 hours.
There continues to be many behind-the-scene improvements as we bring together multiple vacation options for you to explore and enjoy. This important update will enhance your vacation planning and online experience.
Thank you for your patience during
this extended outage.
For Weeks Owners, any inventory scheduled to be released on August 1st will be moved to 9:00 a.m. on August 2nd. later.

Moderator Note: This certainly does appear to be THE NEXT BIG THING that we're all impatiently waiting for! I'm making this post a temporary sticky thread, will revisit after the Aug 1 changes happen. Thanks!!

Speculation about what these changes might be continues here: Thread Dedicated to the Upcoming/Anticipated Integration

Last edited:

catharsis

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kudos for MVC for giving a heads up on the outage. However, the pop-up is so large that on my smaller iPhone, the "X" that I need to close the pop-up is off the screen and I cannot maneuver to get it on the screen so that I can close it. It is effectively preventing me from accessing anything on the site from my phone. Ugh!!!
Same here on my relatively large Pixel Pro. I'm guessing majority of mobile users blocked completely from using the site by this 'helpful warning' - talk about the cure being worse than the disease :)

BigDawgTUG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is the only work-around that I have found. Log on as usual and wait for the pop-up to appear. Then, turn your phone 90 degrees - horizontal. Scroll down until you see (at least the right hand portion) one of four or five white boxes that you can activate - either maintenance fees, portfolio, etc. [EDIT: For the quickest results, hit the enrollment tab, as that one resolves the quickest] Click on one of those and after a minute or two, a new screen will pop up and you'll be able to click on the menu button and proceed as usual. A very time consuming work-around, but it does work.

Last edited:

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
Same here on my relatively large Pixel Pro. I'm guessing majority of mobile users blocked completely from using the site by this 'helpful warning' - talk about the cure being worse than the disease :)
When I log on with my Pixel 4a mobile device, the pop-up appears and has a little x in the upper right corner so you can dismiss it. Are you unable to see that on your device? Sometimes you have to pinch and squeeze to zoom out to see it.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thanks for the reminder. I took screenshots of MF payments-to date and upcoming reservations as CYA.

BigDawgTUG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Its underway as scheduled. Fingers crossed it will only be 15 hours!!

Our Apologies
BE BACK SOON Your Owner website and reservation systems will be offline starting 12:30 a.m. Eastern Time on August 1, 2022, for a scheduled system update. We expect the website to be unavailable for approximately 15 hours. There continues to be many behind-the-scene improvements as we bring together multiple vacation options for you to explore and enjoy. This important update will enhance your vacation planning and online experience. Thank you for your patience during this extended outage. For Weeks Owners, any inventory scheduled to be released on August 1 will be moved to 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time on August 2.
Close

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
anxiously awaiting the results for sure!

im so excited, i recorded a video for you all to enjoy while we wait!

Last edited:

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
And so it begins. 15 hours would be 3:30 pm today.

I’m not really expecting much in the way of “enhancements”. It will be interesting to see what they’ve done later today and how well, or how poorly, the site works when they’re done. It would be nice to see all the inventory across companies loaded into the system, but 8 haven’t seen them officially say that will happen.

Attachments

• 93B21A33-EC7F-447C-843C-CE60FA3803CB.jpeg
    93B21A33-EC7F-447C-843C-CE60FA3803CB.jpeg
    45.6 KB · Views: 52

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 2 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd)
I guess over time, MVCI did a good job in training me on expectations. I will be satisfied if it really comes up within 15 hours, I can still see my ownership in my account and we don't lose functions we already had. Anything above this is a major win.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
It will be August 2,2022 @ 12:01 AM EST

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
anxiously awaiting the results for sure!

im so excited, i recorded a video for you all to enjoy while we wait!
Annnnnnnnd where is this video?!?! @TUGBrian Is this a video of you dancing for us?!?!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Annnnnnnnd where is this video?!?! @TUGBrian Is this a video of you dancing for us?!?!
ha sorry, i posted it in the about TUG section! was really just testing out new background/lighting and cam settings!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
That was a very informative video. Only time will tell .

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
ha sorry, i posted it in the about TUG section! was really just testing out new background/lighting and cam settings!

TUGBrian, Marriott, Hilton are making changes in August 2022.
I am now looking for Wyndham or RCI to introduce their changes for 2023.LOL

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Are we back? I can make a reservation with the Vistana Villafinder. Don’t seem much of a change so far.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)