• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ongoing Sales Incentive - Enrolling Post-6/20/10 Weeks [MERGED]

Fi2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
only Platinum MVC - Fairway Villas, Newport Coast, Grande Vista, Desert Springs, Summit Watch (x2), Grande Ocean OS (x2), and too many destination points
I got a follow-up call from MVC this weekend, confirming the 4/15 start, since I had told the salesperson that I was working on a resale week purchase earlier this spring. The resale week hasn’t shown up in my account yet, but I was assured that anything closed by 3/31 is eligible.

(We won’t be purchasing at this juncture, especially since I’d subsequently initiated the purchase of another week, that’s just made it through ROFR this weekend)

Last edited:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
What’s the going price for the points for this?
The largest discounted price on a weeks purchase was $9.36. This price normally coincides with the cheapest price for points as well usually applicable to larger purchases but I don't know the cutoff price. I'm not sure the points retail price but someone posted the new price recently and if memory serves, it was over $14 PP.

sdp1969

TUG Member
Reaction score
[MERGED]

Hello TUG users,

I have a total of three resale Marriott weeks. They are all at places I would love to go every year so if I never change to points that is fine. However, I did want to inquire about it. BTW, my weeks are 3 bed platinum lockout at Grand Vista, 3 bedroom platinum lockout at Grand Chateau and a 2 bedroom platinum ocean front every other year at Ko-Olina. I was referred to two different Marriott reps from TUG and decided to call them both to see how closely their deals would match. Surprisingly there was a BIG difference. The first rep told me he could convert me into the destination points program if I bought an Aruba platinum week for 47k and the second rep told me the I needed to spend 60K for just points (no week) for a difference of 13K. Additionally, the maintenance fees on the pure points purchase was going to be higher than the weeks purchase. Conclusion....it pays to call a few different reps and to not be in a hurry when making this costly a decision. Also, any other advice from the TUG users when converting over to the points program? Was the first deal I got THAT good to bring over three weeks and add a fourth? Haven't decided whether I am going to pull the trigger, but I am in no hurry to do so.

Thanks,

Steven

Last edited by a moderator:

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I figure you could get by with buying 4k DP points to enroll 2.5 weeks since your MKO (fyi MKO is only deeded Island View or Ocean View, there are no Ocean front deeds) is EOY. Should be actually paying in the realm of $42k before incentives.

About 8 months ago, I spent $42k after incentives to enroll twelve post 2010 resale weeks into the DC program. Do not know if you ever want to be enrolling that many though. Just like buying things at Costco, there is a nice discount when enrolling in bulk.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello TUG users,

I have a total of three resale Marriott weeks. They are all at places I would love to go every year so if I never change to points that is fine. However, I did want to inquire about it. BTW, my weeks are 3 bed platinum lockout at Grand Vista, 3 bedroom platinum lockout at Grand Chateau and a 2 bedroom platinum ocean front every other year at Ko-Olina. I was referred to two different Marriott reps from TUG and decided to call them both to see how closely their deals would match. Surprisingly there was a BIG difference. The first rep told me he could convert me into the destination points program if I bought an Aruba platinum week for 47k and the second rep told me the I needed to spend 60K for just points (no week) for a difference of 13K. Additionally, the maintenance fees on the pure points purchase was going to be higher than the weeks purchase. Conclusion....it pays to call a few different reps and to not be in a hurry when making this costly a decision. Also, any other advice from the TUG users when converting over to the points program? Was the first deal I got THAT good to bring over three weeks and add a fourth? Haven't decided whether I am going to pull the trigger, but I am in no hurry to do so.

Thanks,

Steven
These issues have been discussed a lot on TUG, including Frank and myself. The ways to convert are to either by 5500 points (more than 2 weeks) or a qualifying week at either St. Kitt's or Aruba. Only internet sales and the Caribbean locations can do this with the weeks rather than the points. Most of the reps can't give you the weeks options. When buying a week that qualifies, there is a dollar cutoff rather than a number of points cutoff but the per point (based on the points of the week) should be the dame on a discounted basis. For your situation that should be in the range of $45K. It's almost always going to be cheaper to buy the week than points AND it's usually going to be lower dues on a per points basis yearly as well. I don't think I've ever seen flexibility of allowing the lower conversion amount when it's 1.5 or 2.5 weeks respectively but I have seen flexibility going over 7 weeks a number of times though apparently with Covid they were more flexible than usual.

What was the offer for Aruba, a 3 BR Platinum? two Gold weeks? or a combination of a week plus points? Your cheapest options, if they'll allow it, is going to be buying an Aruba 2 BR (none OF) Platinum week. Your best deal is likely spending the extra money for an OF Aruba week if they have one and will allow it. More up front but much better on a fees per point basis and cheaper long term per point. I would strongly recommend against buying 2 gold weeks to get this done. If they don't have what you want, ask them to keep looking. If it's a week plus points you'll have 2 sets of closing costs.

Maybe you should be a few more resale weeks then convert.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott grand vista
Ko olina
Canyon villas
We enrolled our one resale week by buying 3000 points. Which put us at presidential level as well. Our rep was awesome and informative and we felt helped us for what worked best for us. She said if we had multiple weeks it would have been necessary to purchase 4000 points.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We enrolled our one resale week by buying 3000 points. Which put us at presidential level as well. Our rep was awesome and informative and we felt helped us for what worked best for us. She said if we had multiple weeks it would have been necessary to purchase 4000 points.
It's 3000 for 1 week, 4000 for 2 and 5500 for 3 to 7.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I figure you could get by with buying 4k DP points to enroll 2.5 weeks since your MKO (fyi MKO is only deeded Island View or Ocean View, there are no Ocean front deeds) is EOY. Should be actually paying in the realm of $42k before incentives.

About 8 months ago, I spent $42k after incentives to enroll twelve post 2010 resale weeks into the DC program. Do not know if you ever want to be enrolling that many though. Just like buying things at Costco, there is a nice discount when enrolling in bulk.

That is a bargain and something I am considering. I know the price would be higher, but I am looking at various platinum resale weeks to do something like this. Rick is the one I have to talk into it. He said no to a recent inquiry I made for a Shadow Ridge Platinum 2 bed I found. I have to work on him a bit.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
That is a bargain and something I am considering. I know the price would be higher, but I am looking at various platinum resale weeks to do something like this. Rick is the one I have to talk into it. He said no to a recent inquiry I made for a Shadow Ridge Platinum 2 bed I found. I have to work on him a bit.
I know during the promos like the one that started last month MVC will enroll up to 7 weeks with purchase of 5k DC points. I can ask rep (thanks for the referral Dean) if they are still allowing enrollment of more than 7 weeks with purchase of Aruba week.

It was possible pre covid to get MVC to enroll like 7.5 weeks with a purchase. MVC was more willing to negotiate enrollment of more than 7 weeks during covid, but I do not know their current stance. I know someone that just bought an Aruba week last month to enroll 7 resale weeks.

The best way to get into the DC program resale IMHO is buying a fractional at Grand Residence Tahoe. For under $95k you can get about 40k DC points equivalent. Buy a studio fractional for $47k and then 5k DC points for about $43k after discounts and bonus points plus the $5k enrollment fee. Then you have 13 weeks to trade plus 5k DC points. Or turn some weeks into DC points to supplement the 5k DC points annually. Each week of fractional can be elected for DC points, usage at Grand Residence or traded into II.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would assume 7.5 to 8 weeks is the most one could enroll as a set going forward. Anything over 7 requires special corporate approval. Technically they also have to all be in your account prior to the start of that years amnesty program though I'm not sure how flexible they might end up being in this area.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know during the promos like the one that started last month MVC will enroll up to 7 weeks with purchase of 5k DC points. I can ask rep (thanks for the referral Dean) if they are still allowing enrollment of more than 7 weeks with purchase of Aruba week.

It was possible pre covid to get MVC to enroll like 7.5 weeks with a purchase. MVC was more willing to negotiate enrollment of more than 7 weeks during covid, but I do not know their current stance. I know someone that just bought an Aruba week last month to enroll 7 resale weeks.

The best way to get into the DC program resale IMHO is buying a fractional at Grand Residence Tahoe. For under $95k you can get about 40k DC points equivalent. Buy a studio fractional for $47k and then 5k DC points for about $43k after discounts and bonus points plus the $5k enrollment fee. Then you have 13 weeks to trade plus 5k DC points. Or turn some weeks into DC points to supplement the 5k DC points annually. Each week of fractional can be elected for DC points, usage at Grand Residence or traded into II.

And then rent some of those to pay the MF so free annually. Isn't the MF per pt in the 20-30 cent range? I thought I recalled that.

ricksa

Reaction score
I also have 2.5 weeks that I have been wanting to enroll. I contacted a rep in slc just before the last amnesty program started about a month ago and told him I wanted to go the route of buying an aruba week and he told me he didn't know if that was still an option. That option usually starts a couple weeks after the points purchase option. He said he would contact me as soon as he heard something. I haven't heard from him. Does anyone know if buying an aruba week is still available and could someone message me if you have someone reliable that could help me with this. Thanks so much.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
And then rent some of those to pay the MF so free annually. Isn't the MF per pt in the 20-30 cent range? I thought I recalled that.
Very close on the number. Maintenance fee and taxes it ranges anywhere from 19-21 cents a point. Depends on what weeks you get for the quartershare.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
I would assume 7.5 to 8 weeks is the most one could enroll as a set going forward. Anything over 7 requires special corporate approval. Technically they also have to all be in your account prior to the start of that years amnesty program though I'm not sure how flexible they might end up being in this area.
In 2019 7.5 weeks required corporate approval and took about 5 days to get it. I was told they would add additional bonus DP's if my EOY week was not approved.

They are currently flexible on the weeks needing to be in your account prior to the start of the amnesty program. I'll report out next month once my current enrollment closes.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
In 2019 7.5 weeks required corporate approval and took about 5 days to get it. I was told they would add additional bonus DP's if my EOY week was not approved.

They are currently flexible on the weeks needing to be in your account prior to the start of the amnesty program. I'll report out next month once my current enrollment closes.
I am aware of a couple at 7.5, a couple at 8 weeks and one of 12 weeks enrolled. My contact is suggesting they are likely more stringent this year than last. I think anything above 7 requires corporate approval still.

JoJo12

TUG Member
Reaction score

I am here at MOC. Is this offer still available? Can the sales person do it on site, or only phone reps? We are not ready to buy points, but may do a sales pitch to learn more about the system. The sales pressure doesn't bother us.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am here at MOC. Is this offer still available? Can the sales person do it on site, or only phone reps? We are not ready to buy points, but may do a sales pitch to learn more about the system. The sales pressure doesn't bother us.
Any of the reps can do an enrollment with a purchase of points that match the requirements of 3000 points for 1 week, 4000 for 2 weeks and 5500 for 3-7 weeks. EOY counts as half. For a weeks purchase only the locations that sell weeks and the SLC office can do this using weeks like Aruba or St. Kitt's. I think any of them can do a "hybrid" but only for what they could sell otherwise.

Last edited:

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
I expect that the folks that have done these deals all worked through Internet sales. The recaps I’ve read all suggest they are more professional and focused on finding a deal that works for you. We really need a search stickie for threads by Frank 808, Dean, Vol90 and the few others that have done these big deals. :)

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
I expect that the folks that have done these deals all worked through Internet sales. The recaps I’ve read all suggest they are more professional and focused on finding a deal that works for you. We really need a search stickie for threads by Frank 808, Dean, Vol90 and the few others that have done these big deals. :)
When we did out "virtual tour" had same impression. They worked hard to find a great deal and actually listened to me when I mentioned I liked my home resort and even found me a Platinum week at Shadow Ridge to be part of the deal. Didn't pull the trigger since I had just bought points and a resale week. If they had offered that during my other visits previous two years probably would have bought.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott grand vista
Ko olina
Canyon villas
How much was the shadow ridge location? Had considered buying one while we were at our last presentation but didn’t but I’d like to still consider it
we did it on site.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
How much was the shadow ridge location? Had considered buying one while we were at our last presentation but didn’t but I’d like to still consider it

we did it on site.

You likely could find a USA week you want at most any of the Marriott Resorts. They often have them but rarely talk about them since the game is now mostly in points (which means you may have to specifically ask for a specific location). Otherwise they rather flat out sell you points.

Keep in mind that all of the USA resale weeks they have do not come with points unless one pays a premium to do so......

Last edited:

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can purchase some enrolled weeks, but they are foreign such as Spain. Here and there, you can even get a decent deal. Rarely, but possible. I purchased a week direct from MVCI that came enrolled in Spain, and it was a couple thousand over third party resale prices for the week. I'll do that deal anytime.

rickxylon

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aruba Ocean Club
Aruba Surf Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Phuket Beach Club
[MERGED]

Enrolled 2 secondary weeks without buying any points for $3.12/point!

One of the weeks was an annual 1BR Aruba Ocean Club Oceanview Platinum (2,900 DC points) and the other was a 2BR EOY Waiohai Beach Club Island view platinum (4,225 DC points-(2,112/year) EOY). I bought an additional annual 1BR Aruba Ocean Club oceanview platinum (2,900 DC points) for $24,700. That equates to $3.12/point (2900+2900+2112=7,912 points for $24,700)! In addition I received 6,000 Plus DC points good for 3 years. I struck the deal at the end of January while in Aruba and we scheduled the closing for May in anticipation that corporate would have a program to allow for the enrollment of previously unenrolled. They did and we closed 3 weeks ago. I now have the Plus points and all weeks are now enrolled. I was and still am Chairman level (8 enrolled weeks) and still do not own a single DC point.

Last edited by a moderator:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
[MERGED]

Enrolled 2 secondary weeks without buying any points for $3.12/point!

One of the weeks was an annual 1BR Aruba Ocean Club Oceanview Platinum (2,900 DC points) and the other was a 2BR EOY Waiohai Beach Club Island view platinum (4,225 DC points-(2,112/year) EOY). I bought an additional annual 1BR Aruba Ocean Club oceanview platinum (2,900 DC points) for $24,700. That equates to $3.12/point (2900+2900+2112=7,912 points for $24,700)! In addition I received 6,000 Plus DC points good for 3 years. I struck the deal at the end of January while in Aruba and we scheduled the closing for May in anticipation that corporate would have a program to allow for the enrollment of previously unenrolled. They did and we closed 3 weeks ago. I now have the Plus points and all weeks are now enrolled. I was and still am Chairman level (8 enrolled weeks) and still do not own a single DC point.
You still purchased a developer sale. They have done this with Aruba weeks in the past since they don't sell points there. Others have reported making similar deals in the pase. I am not sure what their combined per point cost was.