• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Now charging for laundry soap & dish soap?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Cottonelles are the answer. We pack them every trip in lieu of packing a bidet toilet seat. We used less than three rolls of TP our entire two weeks at Sheraton Broadway.

No applause please.....:ROFLMAO:

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 3 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd, EOY Even).,
Cottonelles are the answer. We pack them every trip in lieu of packing a bidet toilet seat. We used less than three rolls of TP our entire two weeks at Sheraton Broadway.

If you used both sides, you could have gotten it down to less than 2 rolls.

chunkygal

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BWV 215 pts

MVC Kauai, Wioahai

Enrolled in DC
Isn't MVC/Vistana considered a more luxurious brand of timeshare? Granted it is not Four Seasons or the Ritz. It is not so much $15, but the nickle and diming which makes it a 1 star resort. Worldmark gives me as many washing detergent boxes and dishwasher pods as I want.
So... my SVR 2BR L/O which is about 1800 sq ft costs $1,520 in MF, while my MGV 2BR L/O about 1,200 sq ft costs $1,890 in MF. Both are in Orlando. It is truly mind boggling that. I can only imagine that MVC has alot more highly paid staff than Vistana.

Mlvnsmly

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Oceana Palms, Asia Pacific Points

You don't need a seat, you can get a travel bidet which is just a bottle with a nozzle on the end. Much better than even wipes and you can dry off with a dry wash cloth. Too much information probably.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
At the end of the resort year will the HOA, report to the owners how much revenue were received from this project?

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
At the end of the resort year will the HOA, report to the owners how much revenue were received from this project?

Sounds like a great question for someone to ask at the annual HOA meeting.

MikeM132

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do they even make the boxes of dishwashing detergent anymore? I have been buying pods for a long time. I don't understand how that plastic melts in the dishwasher. It seems like plastic, then poof!, it disappears.
Yes. That's what we use. Took some convincing to get wife to give up liquid. Same with laundry (my latest conversion). While there are minor chemical differences, the main deal is companies would much rather sell you mostly water, conveniently packaged, at a much higher price. Plus the plastic jug is just more plastic trash and powder detergent comes in a cardboard box so biodegradable it may start to degrade before it's empty (personal experience).

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
This here post reminded me of the HH / South Carolina resorts charging extra for supplies.

This topic sort of flatlined since July. Are these South Carolina resorts still doing the penny pinching on supplies?

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
This topic sort of flatlined since July. Are these South Carolina resorts still doing the penny pinching on supplies?
According to MGO, the trial was a dud and has ended and everything is back to normal. If you need more, ask and you shall receive…free of charge.

Last edited: