• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Wyndham Website (2020)

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Under Covid Zoom Meeting thread #15

See below for those that are leary of opening the link

[IMG alt="Richelle"]https://tugbbs.com/forums/data/avatars/m/84/84280.jpg?1482465382[/IMG]
Richelle
TUG Member

JoinedOct 26, 2015Messages1,671Reaction score1,180Points223Resorts OwnedWyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Bali Hai Villas
Bay Club of Sandestin
Margaritaville St. Thomas
Williamsburg Plantation
Vacation Villages at Parkway
Wednesday at 2:54 PM

I did get to see the new site and play around in it. It is a lot like the ClubWyndham site. It's a little more user friendly than the myclubwyndham site. Things are easier to find. One thing I didn't like is, it didn't give you the option to choose a room type when you search for availability. So it searches by dates and location. When it comes up with the results, then you can filter by certain criteria including room type. Anyone who knows anything about searching databases knows, the more you narrow down your search parameters, the faster it is to complete the search. In the new site, if someone chooses a city like Orlando, it will search every Orlando resort, plus any resorts within 125 miles for availability. That's a wide net to cast. Times that by 10,000 people, and it can bog down the system. I did mention that to the researcher that they should allow us to choose the room type. It's possible not many people specify a room type, so they didn't bother adding it. I did like that you can search by landmark. I searched for US capital building and it gave me all the resorts in the DC area. I also like that when you click unit details, it gives you more than just what the unit has and the square footage. If it's available, it shows you the floor plan in that same window and gives you the points breakdown.

For those that like to request specific rooms...that option is not until the end of the booking process where it shows you how many points you're using, and any charges. Right now, it's the third step I believe. I told them that step should probably be in with the VIP upgrade opt in step. There is more, but I'll discuss it with you when it comes out and you guys have a chance to play with it. I will give you another spoiler. You still cannot book Club Pass locations. That's not surprising given what they said about it at the meeting.

"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." - Benjamin Franklin
View attachment 20339 Like Quote Reply
Reactions:You and bendadin

[IMG alt="kaljor"]https://tugbbs.com/forums/data/avatars/m/59/59878.jpg?1517650033[/IMG]
kaljor
TUG Member

JoinedApr 14, 2012Messages313Reaction score228Points153LocationCTResorts OwnedWyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
Wednesday at 3:26 PM
Well that is discouraging at least for me. I ALWAYS begin my search by specifying a room type. If this is how the final version works, I hope it helps others.

Like Quote Reply

[IMG alt="Richelle"]https://tugbbs.com/forums/data/avatars/m/84/84280.jpg?1482465382[/IMG]
Richelle
TUG Member

JoinedOct 26, 2015Messages1,671Reaction score1,180Points223Resorts OwnedWyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Bali Hai Villas
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Wednesday at 3:35 PM

let's hope they listen to my suggestion. Otherwise, why pay me $100 to give it?

All I can say, is it was working when I played around with it. I guess so many people are hitting it right now, it’s overloaded. This is what I was afraid of.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
It’s been a couple weeks since I signed into the website. To my surprise I signed on this morning and the website has changed. I don’t care for the new website at all. Very blah and basic. I thought I would come on here to see if there was any discussion on it and didn’t see nothing. Which I thought was odd.

I was sick of the huge graphics that took up the whole screen. I like having all the information in one place. I don’t need graphics that were more marketing then anything. It also helps the site load faster and take up less resources on the server. None of that matters if you cannot even login.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Under Covid Zoom Meeting thread #15

See below for those that are leary of opening the link

Richelle
TUG Member

Wyndham Bali Hai Villas
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Wednesday at 2:54 PM

I did get to see the new site and play around in it. It is a lot like the ClubWyndham site. It's a little more user friendly than the myclubwyndham site. Things are easier to find. One thing I didn't like is, it didn't give you the option to choose a room type when you search for availability. So it searches by dates and location. When it comes up with the results, then you can filter by certain criteria including room type. Anyone who knows anything about searching databases knows, the more you narrow down your search parameters, the faster it is to complete the search. In the new site, if someone chooses a city like Orlando, it will search every Orlando resort, plus any resorts within 125 miles for availability. That's a wide net to cast. Times that by 10,000 people, and it can bog down the system. I did mention that to the researcher that they should allow us to choose the room type. It's possible not many people specify a room type, so they didn't bother adding it. I did like that you can search by landmark. I searched for US capital building and it gave me all the resorts in the DC area. I also like that when you click unit details, it gives you more than just what the unit has and the square footage. If it's available, it shows you the floor plan in that same window and gives you the points breakdown.

For those that like to request specific rooms...that option is not until the end of the booking process where it shows you how many points you're using, and any charges. Right now, it's the third step I believe. I told them that step should probably be in with the VIP upgrade opt in step. There is more, but I'll discuss it with you when it comes out and you guys have a chance to play with it. I will give you another spoiler. You still cannot book Club Pass locations. That's not surprising given what they said about it at the meeting.

View attachment 20339 Like Quote Reply
Reactions:You and bendadin

[IMG alt="kaljor"]https://tugbbs.com/forums/data/avatars/m/59/59878.jpg?1517650033[/IMG]
kaljor
TUG Member

JoinedApr 14, 2012Messages313Reaction score228Points153LocationCTResorts OwnedWyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
Wednesday at 3:26 PM
Well that is discouraging at least for me. I ALWAYS begin my search by specifying a room type. If this is how the final version works, I hope it helps others.

Like Quote Reply

Richelle
TUG Member

Wyndham Bali Hai Villas
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Wednesday at 3:35 PM

let's hope they listen to my suggestion. Otherwise, why pay me $100 to give it?

I’m confused. I don’t mind that you reposted what I said in the other thread. I’m confused on why you included signature, ownership info and all that other stuff that clutters it up. Makes it hard for the reader to follow.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
At least the reservation list starts with the closest one instead of the ones in June 2021.

But, I was able to get in on the second try after having waited for six minutes the first try. Quicker than average from looking at posts above.

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
what a useless thing. I can't find the detailed financials section showing my fees etc. When i go to the resources page to see what they have about contracts, Clicking on Club Wyndham Select takes me to a page about Club access. reciprocal arp information is not displayed with my contracts anymore. This is just after a few minutes of wandering.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
I hate how you can't see the availability at just 1 resort. For example. The whole benefit of VIP is so you can take the remaining inventory for 1/2 off. I considered making a retail purchase down the road so that I could stay 1 night at Clearwater for 35% off without having to worry about housekeeping credits or reservation tokens, but now it's next to impossible to search which nights are available. The resort is usually 95% booked. Glad I never bought retail lol.

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
what a useless thing. I can't find the detailed financials section showing my fees etc. When i go to the resources page to see what they have about contracts, Clicking on Club Wyndham Select takes me to a page about Club access. reciprocal arp information is not displayed with my contracts anymore. This is just after a few minutes of wandering.
after more hunting it says you now need to call for your fee summary. The help and explanations are better,which is a good thing, but there is far less personal information and search functionality, which is a very bad thing

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I took screenshots and I am missing the first reservation that was on my list. When you look for transactions, that tab doesn't even work.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
On the my ownership page, there's no indication that my biennial contract is a biennial.

Npat12

Reaction score
I like the feature when I was on the resort I could click and see the room layouts if I was interested in a couple different rooms. The couple resorts I looked at, I was unable to see that. Not sure if it’s on there and I am looking in the wrong place.

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
after more hunting it says you now need to call for your fee summary. The help and explanations are better,which is a good thing, but there is far less personal information and search functionality, which is a very bad thing
reciprocal resort information is now showing on the contract that has it. as paxsarah noted, no indication of biennial status. When i go to deposit my points, it tells me i don't have enough (i have 306k, so what is the minimum?)

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I like the feature when I was on the resort I could click and see the room layouts if I was interested in a couple different rooms. The couple resorts I looked at, I was unable to see that. Not sure if it’s on there and I am looking in the wrong place.
if you click on the room type it shows the room details. after about 45 seconds it also shows room pictures. (at least it did for national harbor) (edit, it works for Alexandria and Bentley brook as well)

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m confused. I don’t mind that you reposted what I said in the other thread. I’m confused on why you included signature, ownership info and all that other stuff that clutters it up. Makes it hard for the reader to follow.
Cleaned it up :geek:

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Some but not all points charts do not open up the points chart, but go to a login page for a website outside the Wyndham domain. Um, no. (GSL, Smoky Mountains, and Ocean Boulevard sent me to the login. Bonnet Creek showed me a points chart as expected. Seawatch had no link to a points chart at all.)

Still can't find unit floor plans. Just plenty of pretty pictures (which, in the case of the 4BR pres at Seawatch, are not pictures of that unit. Are they pictures of the 3BR pres?).

Edit: Sorry, GSL and Smoky Mountains simply gave me 404 errors instead of resort pages.

Last edited:

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Some but not all points charts do not open up the points chart, but go to a login page for a website outside the Wyndham domain.

I thought I had figured out a pattern for this, that the weird login would happen with resorts that have multiple points charts and resorts with a single points chart would display it properly. But no, Nashville had to ruin that theory, lol! Nashville has a single points chart but gives me the weird login when I try to look at it.

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
If there is no calendar function this is a disaster for me. As one of many retirees on Wyndham who has a lot of flexibility, the absence of a calendar will increase the time a single booking decision will take immensely.

At first glance anyway. Maybe I missed a shortcut somewhere. I anxiously await better analysis from my fellow Tuggers in this thread.

JimmieJames1

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Beach Vacation Club
Wyndham Canterbury/Nat Harbor
Any one tried to make a 14 day reservation - best I can get is 13 days. Also there appears no way to cancel part way through making a reservation like there was before - it stinks

Npat12

Reaction score
if you click on the room type it shows the room details. after about 45 seconds it also shows room pictures. (at least it did for national harbor) (edit, it works for Alexandria and Bentley brook as well)

I see the room details and pictures. I was talking about not being able to see the unit floor plans. Which was important to see. At least for me.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It seems like in the Owner Guide --> Resources section, there are a lot of good individual pages about specific topics (similar to what was previously the Knowledge Base). However, they're all arranged sort of as a photo gallery and to flip between them you have to click the side arrow, which moves them one topic at a time. That means you may have to click a dozen times to finally get to the topic you think you need (because they're not all shown in a list, so you can only hope what you're looking for is further down among the photos).

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Any one tried to make a 14 day reservation - best I can get is 13 days. Also there appears no way to cancel part way through making a reservation like there was before - it stinks
Similarly, I can only make a 6-night reservation at the 13 month mark, not a 7-night. That last date for checkout is greyed out.

I found that simply hitting the back button to get out of the reservation popped up a window for me asking if I really wanted to cancel the booking I'd started. It's not particularly intuitive, since in the past we were conditioned to hit the cancel button lest we lock up our ability to book for 15 minutes.

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
don't tell them you are flexible....you get a bunch of resorts with availability....NOT the one you wanted showing you when IT is available....

garbage, trash, unbelievable. makes me want to go back to work in IT management and FIRE them all....wait, my ex co-worker did that.....she got so frustrated with the IT group that she QUIT!

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I just logged in. I think they have spacing issues......here is how my name (legal) appears....

1588959847349.png

I have to reduce it to 80% in order to get my name on a single line.....

ladawgfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Platinum owner at various resorts
Has anyone been given any feedback from the Wyndham reservation counselors? They have got to be pulling their hair out trying to book a new reservation or assisting with existing reservations. Hopefully they'll get this mess addressed!!!!