• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Website - my-vacationclub.com is now owners.marriottvacationclub.com

ACP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Over in Europe Land we were unable to use My Vacation Club earlier today, not sure if it was available in the USA, however there is a brand new feel to the website. Have not received any details and currently trying to work my way around it, so please feel free to add information as and when.

Lets hope some of the changes owners have been seeking are incorporated.:whoopie:

Last edited by a moderator:

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Appears to be just a site redesign. I was unable to see any real changes in functionality before the site went down. While I was test driving it, the site was very, very slow and finally crashed completely. But in the time I was able to use it, the layout and style has changed, but functionality looked identical to the old site.

NTP66

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club (x2)
Visually, it does look better, though it's still slow. At the very least, they fixed the chat button issue that a few of us complained about.

I don't particularly like that I have to click twice now to see my current weeks reservations, but that's a minor issue.

Last edited:

ACP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still not available for me but I'll keep checking.

I've been on and off for a few hours, tried to pay maintenance fees but failed, also kicked me out a few times. Pity there is no real change in functionality, so not sure what the motive is behind spending time, money and resource for something that is just a prettier front end.

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
When I click the Owner Login button, nothing happens.

It was down for quite awhile yesterday, and now this. :crash:

Jeffrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not good ....

When I was able to log in earlier, I had to choose which customer number I want to have associated with the log in.

Whereas a second owner number was previously shown in a second tab in my portfolio, apparently now it is only possible to have one customer PER LOG IN !

I called in and it was confirmed that this is the case :-(

Up to now I have had one log in with two customer accounts linked in my portfolio. My 1st customer account has three DC-enrolled sole-owner weeks and the 2nd owner account has one joint-owner resale week. They said my two options are to set up a second account log in or to align the deeds $$$$$ .

I was sent the Ownership Transfer Package form, but this looks more like the resale transfer to a third party.... In any case additional fees will be required ! :wall::wall:

No, not good at all....

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I've been on and off for a few hours, tried to pay maintenance fees but failed, also kicked me out a few times. Pity there is no real change in functionality, so not sure what the motive is behind spending time, money and resource for something that is just a prettier front end.

I've been told that they're still working on and integrating IT systems that were being used before MVW was split from Marriott, Int'l (which makes sense because we learned from last year's MVW Earnings Reports that IT functions are only recently completely separate.) This latest maintenance issue is much less about functionality on the customer/owner side than on the in-house side. Both sides need the work and there's a priority. :)

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
What a mess. Slower than molasses.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
After getting no response at all from trying to open the website, I did eventually get as far as seeing and completing the login page only for it to then display
"Due to system maintenance, this Web site currently is not available. Please re-visit the site at a later time. We apologize for any inconvenience"
PS
Just before it displayed this, it did bring up all our ownership weeks under my and my wife's separate Owner numbers and asked me to associate my sign in with one Of the Owner numbers.
I really do hope that when it is properly back up and running it doesn't go backwards by disassociating the link it took me so long to get them to establish between our Owner numbers!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
After getting no response at all from trying to open the website, I did eventually get as far as seeing and completing the login page only for it to then display
"Due to system maintenance, this Web site currently is not available. Please re-visit the site at a later time. We apologize for any inconvenience"
PS
Just before it displayed this, it did bring up all our ownership weeks under my and my wife's separate Owner numbers and asked me to associate my sign in with one Of the Owner numbers.
I really do hope that when it is properly back up and running it doesn't go backwards by disassociating the link it took me so long to get them to establish between our Owner numbers!
Did you click on one of your names and hit select before it threw error? If so, try logging in again with same login. This worked for me.

Jeffrey

TUG Member
Reaction score

Hello Bazzap - this is apparently intentional.... Same thing happened to me and the CS representative stated that it is only possible to include one customer account per log in. He put me on hold to come back after 5 minutes to confirm again.:wall::wall:

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello Bazzap - this is apparently intentional.... Same thing happened to me and the CS representative stated that it is only possible to include one customer account per log in. He put me on hold to come back after 5 minutes to confirm again.:wall::wall:
On the positive side (I think?) I did briefly notice (whilst something useful was displayed after my sign in) that both our Owner numbers showed all of our Owner weeks, irrespective of which Owner number they were originally associated with.
So hopefully we will still be able to manage everything with a single sign in.

wdmenke

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was able to log on, but received, after a long delay, the message: 'Our apologies, the server has encountered an area attempting to access the web page'.

I'm baffled as to what that means exactly.

spottie

Reaction score
It is super slow today with the new design. Hope it's temporary.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

It is easier and likely cheaper to change the front end first then alter functionality later. That way they don't need to make changes to the old site to facilitated the new functionality and then redo it all within the new site. Plus a big bang type of approach can cause problems. You can see the issue they are having now with just a new front end on the site. Imagine the issues they would have if they rolled new functionality in with it.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I am finding that the site now logs you out much sooner due to inactivity.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Maybe its just front-end stuff, but not certain. I did notice that my weeks transaction history no longer shows if "deposited" in II as it used to. Seems there's a column for this, but not showing up.

A related issue, the new "View My Upcoming Reservations" shows confirmation numbers for reservations that have been deposited to II, but they show a Status of "Confirmed," (as opposed to cancelled or deposited.) These conf.#s are not active when searched on the Marriot.com website.

kfreeman

TUG Member
Reaction score
The new site is much easier to use with mobile devices - even for points reservations.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Maybe its just front-end stuff, but not certain. I did notice that my weeks transaction history no longer shows if "deposited" in II as it used to. Seems there's a column for this, but not showing up.

A related issue, the new "View My Upcoming Reservations" shows confirmation numbers for reservations that have been deposited to II, but they show a Status of "Confirmed," (as opposed to cancelled or deposited.) These conf.#s are not active when searched on the Marriot.com website.

The first column is for "Usage Type". Our weeks that have been deposited or exchanged indicate "Exchange" in that column.

KathyPet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cannot see my current vacation club point balance on the new web site. Had to,call to get point balance. Not happy

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Hmmmmm. I'm just now able to sign in and see things, although anything to do with booking or checking availability is vvvveeeerrrrryyyy slow or generates an error message.

It's going to take some time to figure out new redirects and links, seems like a lot of the old ones are already inactive. It will help to clean up the TUG FAQs if you post here the exact steps for finding our usual links on this new site. Thanks!

I'm looking for info on the Marriott Rewards 5-Night Travel Packages. I found a page with a single chart but the information redirected me to marriottrewards.com for the participating airlines, and on this site the package tiers are called one thing while on that one they are called something else. Then I lost the page. (Doh!) Anybody see anything, want to direct me?

Getting started on digging through the "Education and Owner Resources --> Helpful Tools --> _____ navigation, I notice that mine notes that I'm an "Enrolled Owner." Are Weeks and Trust owners seeing different specific notations, and if so, I wonder will we find differences that make it impossible to use links in our FAQ's?

--> Vacation Club Points Charts brings us to the individual resort charts. Has anybody found the equivalent of the Points Chart in this compilation format?

--> Inventory Release Calculator applies to DC Points reservations; --> Inventory Release Calendar applies to Weeks reservations. That set-up is actually a little bit more confusing than the old page for finding Call-In Dates.

I played around with "Use My Points" a little bit, don't see any expanded capability compared to my-vacationclub.com.

That's a start ...

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
To get to the inventory release calendars for weeks, this is what I did;

Education & Owner Resources (Top)-->>Helpful Tools (Left)-->>Inventory Release Calendar (button).

Oddly, clicking on the button presents a redirect warning that you are leaving the Marriott Vacation Club website. It seems that the actual release calendars are on a website called vacationclubsurvey.com. Though it is the old tools we were used to and the direct link should work without login being required.

Last edited: