• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Website - my-vacationclub.com is now owners.marriottvacationclub.com

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Me too, now

sent from my cell phone...

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
The first column is for "Usage Type". Our weeks that have been deposited or exchanged indicate "Exchange" in that column.
Now I see it Dioxide. Was looking on my mobile device at the wrong column. Thanks!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It seems that the Remember Me checkbox on the main login page isn't working. I have checked that box every time and it never remembers my Username like the old site did.

NTP66

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club (x2)
It seems that the Remember Me checkbox on the main login page isn't working. I have checked that box every time and it never remembers my Username like the old site did.

You might want to clear the individual cookies for the site and then attempt to save your credentials afterwards.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
You might want to clear the individual cookies for the site and then attempt to save your credentials afterwards.

Thanks. I deleted all the cookies related to Marriott Vacation Club and it appears to be working now.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
I always thought one of he few good features of the old website was that you could select one of two tabs to use the individual owner's number that you wanted to use. Now even that is gone and I will need separate logins for my wife and me. It's not like the old site compromised security, because the same owners were on each tab.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I always thought one of he few good features of the old website was that you could select one of two tabs to use the individual owner's number that you wanted to use. Now even that is gone and I will need separate logins for my wife and me. It's not like the old site compromised security, because the same owners were on each tab.
As far as I can see so far, it doesn't seem to make a difference which of the individual owner's numbers (mine or my wife's) we sign in with.
Either seems to give full access to everything, irrespective of which of us is the Primary owner for our resorts (historically this differs by resort)
As a result, we are both just using a single sign in and ignore the owner's numbers.
Hopefully, this will continue to allow us to do all that we need to.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Also looking for navigation to the individual resorts Maintenance Fees packages which used to be available under the "Owners" tab on each resort page. Anybody?

I have found where they are supposed to be, but many of the old documents are gone, who knows if they will ever post them now or for future updates.

Explore Destinations-->>Marriott Vacation Club Resorts-->>View Resort-->>Owner Information

There is the text: Owner Information and tools such as Points Charts and Calculators, Calendars, How to Use Guides, and Owners Association Information are just a click away.

All that is there now is the 2015 and 2016 points chart, resort calendar and a link to information about Owners Association. But that Owners Association is not resort specific.

Thanks. I deleted all the cookies related to Marriott Vacation Club and it appears to be working now.

Well, it only seems to work in the same browser session. Going back in after closing out results in the username not being remembered.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
As far as I can see so far, it doesn't seem to make a difference which of the individual owner's numbers (mine or my wife's) we sign in with.
Either seems to give full access to everything, irrespective of which of us is the Primary owner for our resorts (historically this differs by resort)
As a result, we are both just using a single sign in and ignore the owner's numbers.
Hopefully, this will continue to allow us to do all that we need to.

It makes a big difference if you are making a reservation and it is important which spouse gets points and elite nights credit for a particular stay.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
It makes a big difference if you are making a reservation and it is important which spouse gets points and elite nights credit for a particular stay.
True, but you can always change the MR# at checkin.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
And I guess it depends on your personal circumstances.
We are making all reservations on one MR# until this hits Lifetime Platinum, then we will switch.
The point I was trying to make though was that either of us can sign in, see and reserve any of our joint ownership weeks so we don't seem to have any restrictions and we can choose which we want (accepting this would now require separate sign ins)

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

You can also setup another profile and login for the other spouse and use that login to make the reservation. I do agree that it was easier in the past, but it still isn't impossible.

LeeSoFL

TUG Member
Reaction score
My Points Haven't Been Correct Since Website Change

Hello, this is my first post. I searched for website issues with MVC points and it had your group listed.

On Saturday, Feb 6th, the website showed the correct numbers (and dates for use) of my club points. Then Sunday it was a mess. They still haven't gotten the numbers right, and I'm told "they're working on my account."

The latest incarnation has points delegated for use from NOV 2020 through OCT 2021. I like planning the future, but that is ridiculous.

The site is showing only one of three future bookings, and my points history is not there at all.

Have any of you had problems with correct points accounting since Sunday,
Feb 7 (2016?)

Thank you,
Lee

Last edited:

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Where did the Marriott videos go to?

Marriott used to have a bunch of professionally done videos showcasing each of its Timeshares. I used to like to forward these to friends who may be joining us. Now when I click on those old links, it takes me to the new log-in page. I've looked and cannot find a way to navigate to those videos.

Anyone solved this mystery? :ponder:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Marriott used to have a bunch of professionally done videos showcasing each of its Timeshares. I used to like to forward these to friends who may be joining us. Now when I click on those old links, it takes me to the new log-in page. I've looked and cannot find a way to navigate to those videos.

Anyone solved this mystery? :ponder:

If you login, are the videos available. It seems that Marriott has moved several things behind the login. All the resort calendar links in the FAQ sticky now require login and the resort maps did also until I fixed them yesterday.

Safti

TUG Member
Reaction score
Something worth watching ---

Many of us married owners have two account numbers and as noted by others, upon sign-in we're now prompted to work with one account or the other. If you're like me and Don, and I know some of you are, you use only one Marriott Rewards account between the two of you. It may be that in order to get MR Numbers attached to the stays we need to book them all through the one account that has a MR Number attached to it. In our case that's Don's account.

Not sure how to verify this without actually booking something through the account that doesn't have a MR number attached, but I'll figure it out and report back.

Sue,I called in about this very problem. We have two accounts and my husband is the "primary" but I do all the booking. When I book, they sometimes automatically put it under my husbands account but my MR number is on that. It doesn't show up on my MR account and because it has his name on it, it doesn't attach to my account. So, when I called in to tell them about this problem, the advisor did some magic and put me as the primary along with my MR number. Hopefully the next time I book I will not have this problem.

WINSLOW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure this is new - at least it's new for me.

I can now look, see & book nights in a year that I don't have any available points in.

Previously the website wouldn't let me see any availability for 2016 because I had bank all my points to 2017.

In January I was looking for someplace for this April and didn't see anything, I remember a disclaimer stating I could only search in a year I had points available.

Now I was able to search in 2016 and see availability (which is the way it should have been all along). A "Borrow Points and Continue Booking" window popped up when I was finalizing the reservation.

Very happy that I can do that now, easier than having to call.

Still wondering if maybe they fixed it so you can search even if you don't have any points available (borrowable or bankable) at the moment. Would be nice to be able to search before you even decide to redeem for points.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't have any points at all and I can't search DC point availability. Nothing has changed there for me.

Do you have any elected 2017 points? Or just the points that you banked in to 2017? If you have elected 2017 points, then that is why you can see 2016 availability. The system will allow you to borrow points during the reservation process. If you only have the banked points in to 2017, then it would be odd as the system would appear to be allowing you to borrow points that you have already banked, something that it shouldn't do.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
It looks like they have taken the website down for maintenance.

WINSLOW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay, I'm sorry, I confused myself.(not hard to do lately)

On 1/2/2016 I was looking for a reservation for January 2017, the system wouldn't let me see anything online coz I only had 2016 points available.
(So at this point the online system wouldn't or could recognize that I had enough points to bank & what was even more frustrating was it wouldn't even let me see any availability to decide if I wanted to bank)

I had to call to bank them into 2017. I was them able to book January 2017 reservation online.

Then at then end of January we decided to look for something for April 2016. Again the system won't show anything because I now don't have points for 2016.

Forgot I elected points over phone beginning of February, didn't search online then came the new website and just started searching again this week.

Thanks for the clarification, I guess it wasn't so new.

I just want to make sure I have it all straight -

If you have points that CAN be BORROWED it WILL let you search & book availability online?

If you have points that CAN be BANKED it WON'T let you search or book anything online?

If you don't have any points it WON'T let you search DC availability?

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
... I just want to make sure I have it all straight -

If you have points that CAN be BORROWED it WILL let you search & book availability online?

If you have points that CAN be BANKED it WON'T let you search or book anything online?

All correct. :)

And remember you can call Owner Services anytime to have them search any intervals; if they find what you want you can do any DC Points transactions and the booking during that same phone call. It's certainly not as convenient as searching/booking online but it's better than nothing.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Sue,I called in about this very problem. We have two accounts and my husband is the "primary" but I do all the booking. When I book, they sometimes automatically put it under my husbands account but my MR number is on that. It doesn't show up on my MR account and because it has his name on it, it doesn't attach to my account. So, when I called in to tell them about this problem, the advisor did some magic and put me as the primary along with my MR number. Hopefully the next time I book I will not have this problem.

Thanks, Safti. I'm going to ask about this next time I call. In the meantime I'm waiting for the system to be back up so I can verify whether a Waitlist request I made yesterday will show up in both accounts.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

Yes, this was hashed through in this thread. The system doesn't want to allow banking accidentally since banked points can't be brought back, but borrowed points are still good through the end of their original use year.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, this was hashed through in this thread. The system doesn't want to allow banking accidentally since banked points can't be brought back, but borrowed points are still good through the end of their original use year.

Anybody having issues accessing the site?