• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Vidanta Resort fees - June 15, 2024

WorldT

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those of you looking for alternatives to RCI and II to exchange into Vidanta, take a look at DeX if HGV Max or DRI/HVC owner (internal exchange) and SFX. The resort fee I saw with DeX was $150. I didn't notice any resort fee with SFX...a week was about $600 when using a bonus week (they're like ACs in II - I don't have a deposit at the moment -- only bonus weeks). There are a lot of Vidanta weeks available at the moment in SFX and some available in DeX.

I signed up with SFX years ago and have a $59/yr renewal for Diamond-level when it comes up. Some don't like it, but they have a niche...and if Mexico is where you want to go, they are worth checking out. I've also used SFX to exchange into HGVC (Kohala Suites) on the Big Island and DRI/HVC (The Point at Poipu) on Kauai...so you will find some Hawaii availability as well.
There are earlier post in this thread saying that Vidanta resort fees in SFX are similar to RCI.
Could you elaborate on when you checked and did not see any resort fee?

Last edited:

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
There are earlier post in this thread saying that Vidanta resort fees in SFX are similar to RCI.
Could you elaborate on when you checked and did not see any resort fee?
It was earlier in the week that I checked. I checked again yesterday (Saturday, August 24, 2024) and it was still the same. It listed the "Total" cost to book a 2BR Grand Luxxe as $699 (again using a bonus week, not an exchange). The description did not reference a resort fee, but there is no "book" option on the website. You have to call in order to book. I'll call them tomorrow and ask if there would be a resort fee associated. In the past SFX has included some type of "quality" fee (my words) to book upscale resorts), but that is different than the resort fees we're discussing. I'll provide an update after calling SFX tomorrow.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was earlier in the week that I checked. I checked again yesterday (Saturday, August 24, 2024) and it was still the same. It listed the "Total" cost to book a 2BR Grand Luxxe as $699 (again using a bonus week, not an exchange). The description did not reference a resort fee, but there is no "book" option on the website. You have to call in order to book. I'll call them tomorrow and ask if there would be a resort fee associated. In the past SFX has included some type of "quality" fee (my words) to book upscale resorts), but that is different than the resort fees we're discussing. I'll provide an update after calling SFX tomorrow.

The reason you're not seeing the resort fees when you go to pay for it, is that those are NOT SFX-imposed fees. Those are fees, charged by Vidanta, to you, upon check-in.

I'm not sure what page you are referring to. There's currently nothing bookable online via SFX for Vidanta.

If you are referring to this URL for their bonus week pricing:

You will see there's a link for "terms and conditions" which then link to:

Which then state in item "h":
h. Resort Fees and Taxes. Certain resorts charge additional fees such as resort fees, utility fees, etc. and/ or government-imposed taxes. SFX Members and/ or Guest(s) are responsible for paying such fees directly to the resort upon check-in unless otherwise specified. SFX has no control over the amount, nor the collection process associated with such fees or taxes being collected by resorts. Resorts can change the amount or percentage of their fees at any given time, at their sole discretion. While SFX tries to maintain updated records, there may be times when SFX does not have the current amounts or collection procedure. However, SFX Members or Guest(s) are still responsible for payment of the then current fees and/ or taxes as stated by the resort.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Thanks @WorldT for pointing out I missed the previous post; thanks @hurnik for the info. I just wish SFX would post the actual resort fee details like II does when you go to checkout.

I talked with SFX (immediately before hurnik posted above)...here's the good and bad news.

The good news is that I was able to speak with a rep at SFX...yes, that's the extent of the "good" news.

The bad news...here's the break down of resort fees for 3 room types at Grand Luxxe (and it matches what @hurnik posted in a previous post):
2BR: $380/night - $2660/week
1BR: $270/night - $1890/week
Studio: $220/night - $1540/week
I'm not sure what page you are referring to. There's currently nothing bookable online via SFX for Vidanta.
There is availability and you can now book online. It's the page I get after selecting my bonus week, entering travel dates, searching, then selecting "Grand Luxxe Suites Riviera Maya".
1724692463455.png

Here's the page when you select "Book Now". Apologies for the small font in the next screenshot, but I wanted to capture the entire page.
1724692553848.png

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks @WorldT for pointing out I missed the previous post; thanks @hurnik for the info. I just wish SFX would post the actual resort fee details like II does when you go to checkout.

I talked with SFX (immediately before hurnik posted above)...here's the good and bad news.

The good news is that I was able to speak with a rep at SFX...yes, that's the extent of the "good" news.

The bad news...here's the break down of resort fees for 3 room types at Grand Luxxe (and it matches what @hurnik posted in a previous post):
2BR: $380/night - $2660/week
1BR: $270/night - $1890/week
Studio: $220/night - $1540/week

There is availability and you can now book online. It's the page I get after selecting my bonus week, entering travel dates, searching, then selecting "Grand Luxxe Suites Riviera Maya".
View attachment 98475
Here's the page when you select "Book Now". Apologies for the small font in the next screenshot, but I wanted to capture the entire page.
View attachment 98477

Thank you for that. I'd say the bonus week Terms and Conditions still apply. SFX has never (nor has RCI or Interval) included the resort fees in your bookings (when you pay, it's whatever the Exchange company is charging, not what Vidanta is charging). One or both (RCI/II) used to have a pop-up window advising you of "additional fees" at one point (think they still do, but since Interval doesn't have Vidanta inventory any more --currently)--that are payable directly to the resort.

Did you click on the purple "terms and conditions" that are in the first check box? I bet it takes you to the ToC link I posted which references additional resort fees.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi @NiteMaire ,@hurnik & other readers
The RCI Subscriber / Vidanta resort fees are now tiered - in parallel with MF owners pay by brand level.

MP - $ 770 - 1050- 1260
GM - $ 980 - 1190 - 1750
GL -$ 1100 - 1890 -2660

Since these are all developer weeks it makes business sense from a management viewpoint .

However : Vidanta has always built capacity for peak season use ; and they will have to decide
what works best for them.

Last edited:

casemd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I booked a guest certificate for Grand Bliss Riviera Maya 1 BR on 1/17/2024 through II for my son for his honeymoon in October. Was happy to see the 1 BR fee was down to $300. Nothing was mentioned about an extra resort fee for guess certificates. Fast forward to today and got a call from Vidanta fees and said it was time to pay and wanted $600. I told him my confirm was for $300 and he said it was because of the guest certificate. I told him I would call II to check. I did and got a complete jerk of a CSR who told me Vidanta used to not do guest certificates but now they were and kept insisting there should be an 'Important ADVISEMENTS' section I missed and it was in there. I told her there was an 'Important Information' section with the fees listed, but nothing about guest certificate fees. I told her I wanted to speak to a supervisor and was on hold about 10 mins. and hung up. I went to II website and my exchange and did 'resend confirmation' and low and behold, looks completely different, that section now is 'Important Advisements' and it does list the member then guest certificate fees. So, not really the same thing but similar. On the phone now with II again and actually emailed them my original confirm with no guest certificate fee listed out.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Hello all, I booked a guest certificate for Grand Bliss Riviera Maya 1 BR on 1/17/2024 through II for my son for his honeymoon in October. Was happy to see the 1 BR fee was down to $300. Nothing was mentioned about an extra resort fee for guess certificates. Fast forward to today and got a call from Vidanta fees and said it was time to pay and wanted $600. I told him my confirm was for $300 and he said it was because of the guest certificate. I told him I would call II to check. I did and got a complete jerk of a CSR who told me Vidanta used to not do guest certificates but now they were and kept insisting there should be an 'Important ADVISEMENTS' section I missed and it was in there. I told her there was an 'Important Information' section with the fees listed, but nothing about guest certificate fees. I told her I wanted to speak to a supervisor and was on hold about 10 mins. and hung up. I went to II website and my exchange and did 'resend confirmation' and low and behold, looks completely different, that section now is 'Important Advisements' and it does list the member then guest certificate fees. So, not really the same thing but similar. On the phone now with II again and actually emailed them my original confirm with no guest certificate fee listed out.
You're probably better to work through Mark instead of random phone reps.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
was it an exchange or a getaway? Do you have the saved original confirmation?

I looked through some old posts to refresh my memory and exchanges through II did not allow guest certs and that should have been listed along with any 1 in 3 rules. The system would let you book but then you could have your exchange cancelled at any time up to and including check in if someone showed up with a guest cert. Starting around this time last year Vidanta removed the 1 in 3 for some getaways (listed under a different resort code than exchanges) and the resort fee was higher than the resort fee listed under the exchanges. In either case if you have your original dated confirmation, you should be able to work through the tug interval rep Marc and get it straightened out.

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
We tried to use a SFX bonus week this morning for the Luxxe and ended up calling SFX. SFX said that in addition to the bonus week price of about $700 we would need to pay about $300 a day resort fee and taxes for a one bed unit. Maybe $3100 for a week.

RCI didn't look any better using WM and RCI extra vacations. This came in at $1890 resort fee and $1239 for the rate. So about $3129 and tax.

I'm tempted to do this but have other places booked.

Bill

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
We tried to use a SFX bonus week this morning for the Luxxe and ended up calling SFX. SFX said that in addition to the bonus week price of about $700 we would need to pay about $300 a day resort fee and taxes for a one bed unit. Maybe $3100 for a week.

RCI didn't look any better using WM and RCI extra vacations. This came in at $1890 resort fee and $1239 for the rate. So about $3129 and tax.

I'm tempted to do this but have other places booked.

Bill
RCI platinum saves 10 % on Extra Vacation pricing.

WorldT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ah! The days of the $300 resort fee. Someone wake me up when it comes back.
I made an exchange in January 2024 for a March 2024 stay via RCI and there was an extra charge for guest certificate (payable to Vidanta) that was similar to what you are being asked to pay now. So I am leaning on the request from Vidanta is accurate unless your paper work addresses the issue completely.

ecassidy6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Manor Club at Ford’s Colony
Because I exchange through II, I contacted Mark Delcampo, Sr. Social Media Correspondent for II. This was his response to me.

Yes, exchanges to Vidanta Grand Luxxe resorts are possible, based on available inventory.

Currently, Interval and Vidanta do not have a 1 in 3 rule.

Additionally, the current resort fees for Interval members are based on unit size confirmed.
Studio: $150
One Bedroom: $300
Two Bedroom: $450

Guest Certificate
Studio: $300
One Bedroom: $600
Two Bedroom: $900

Keep in mind, available inventory and resort fees are subject to change.

Personal note: I have seen no inventory for Vidanta Grand Luxxe in about a year. Have you?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Ah! The days of the $300 resort fee. Someone wake me up when it comes back.
I made an exchange in January 2024 for a March 2024 stay via RCI and there was an extra charge for guest certificate (payable to Vidanta) that was similar to what you are being asked to pay now. So I am leaning on the request from Vidanta is accurate unless your paper work addresses the issue completely.
I remember when it was $75 resort fee per week regardless of unit size. You could have a 4 BR grand Luxxe with a $75 resort fee.

casemd

TUG Member
Reaction score
was it an exchange or a getaway? Do you have the saved original confirmation?

I looked through some old posts to refresh my memory and exchanges through II did not allow guest certs and that should have been listed along with any 1 in 3 rules. The system would let you book but then you could have your exchange cancelled at any time up to and including check in if someone showed up with a guest cert. Starting around this time last year Vidanta removed the 1 in 3 for some getaways (listed under a different resort code than exchanges) and the resort fee was higher than the resort fee listed under the exchanges. In either case if you have your original dated confirmation, you should be able to work through the tug interval rep Marc and get it straightened out.
It was an exchange. I talked with an II rep named Henry the 2nd time & he was great. Emailed them original confirmation with no mention of guest certificate fee & he said they would contact Vidanta to have them honor the $300 resort fee. He said it would likely be Monday before I heard back since it was close to 5 on a friday. Hung up around 4:30 & had 3 calls in a row from Vidanta starting at 11:40. They honored the $300 fee so all worked out.

WorldT

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was an exchange. I talked with an II rep named Henry the 2nd time & he was great. Emailed them original confirmation with no mention of guest certificate fee & he said they would contact Vidanta to have them honor the $300 resort fee. He said it would likely be Monday before I heard back since it was close to 5 on a friday. Hung up around 4:30 & had 3 calls in a row from Vidanta starting at 11:40. They honored the $300 fee so all worked out.
Well, that is great news👍.