• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Vidanta Resort fees - June 15, 2024

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Easy enough to find weeks on Redweek. Why all the complaints about the fees on RCI? Just rent from an owner and leave out the RCI middleman…

Because timeshare owners were sold on the value of being able to trade their weeks through external exchange companies. When the all-in cost of trading into a resort is as expensive as, or even more than renting a week, there’s going to be some blowback. Especially when the fees are stratospherically out of the norm.

My family has had fantastic vacations in Grand Luxxe NV and RM, but I’m not the least bit interested in Vidanta since they jacked their fees. YMMV

jp10558

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
Foxrun Lake Lure
Because timeshare owners were sold on the value of being able to trade their weeks through external exchange companies. When the all-in cost of trading into a resort is as expensive as, or even more than renting a week, there’s going to be some blowback. Especially when the fees are stratospherically out of the norm.

My family has had fantastic vacations in Grand Luxxe NV and RM, but I’m not the least bit interested in Vidanta since they jacked their fees. YMMV
I saw a couple "cheap" rentals on Redweek for like $1,800 for a 2BR, but that seems like the absolute top end I'd pay, and I don't currently want to go to Mexico anywhere near that much.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I understand your point, but the fees are really value of your trade-in + RCI fees + resort fees. My point is that you can still pay about the same amount by paying cash with Redweek and eliminating the trade-in cost and the fees.

I agree that the current situation basically means it would be cheaper to currently rent on redweek. Although that kinda negates the point of exchanging for those of us who frequented Vidanta resorts. I'm sure they will change tactics in 6-9 months like they usually do.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
So looks like we only have Nuevo Vallarta Grand Mayan fees and Acapulco Mayan Palace Fees via RCI/SFX (SFX is the same as RCI at this point).

I can't find NV Grand Bliss (7 nights) in my HGV RCI account still.
But looks like NV Grand Luxxe is showing up now

OUCH!!!! $5,000!!!!!!! for Guests!

Nuevo Vallarta Grand Luxxe - Resort ID RB71
Mandatory Resort Fee is 1540.00 U.S. dollars for Hotel.
Only Credit Cards accepted. The fee applies to subscribers one and two on the account in this unit type per reservation.

Mandatory Resort Fee is 1890.00 U.S. dollars for 1 Bedroom units. Only Credit Cards accepted. The fee applies to subscribers one and two on the account in this unit type per reservation.

Mandatory Resort Fee is 2660.00 U.S. dollars for 2 Bedroom units. Only Credit Cards accepted. The fee applies to subscribers one and two on the account in this unit type per reservation.

For GUESTS:
Mandatory Resort Fee is 2870.00 U.S. dollars for Hotel. Only Credit Cards accepted. The fee applies to guests traveling in this unit type per reservation.

Mandatory Resort Fee is 3500.00 U.S. dollars for 1 Bedroom units. Only Credit Cards accepted. The fee applies to guests traveling in this unit type per reservation.

Mandatory Resort Fee is 4900.00 U.S. dollars for 2 Bedroom units.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like the Riviera Maya Grand Mayan resort fee is the same as NV. HGV RCI Resort ID: 6974
Same fees as the NV Grand Mayan

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi @hurnik
In my RCI weeks account I can see Priority Access 7 day listings for
Grand Bliss NV & various Grand Luxxe NV resort codes.- but not the standard code ones ( except for a single Feb week on RB71)

[added : next day / July 10-2024]

RB 71 - Grand Luxxe at Nuevo Vallarta now shows lots of inventory - [ noted by @hurnik in post 54]

The Priority Access Codes that list 7 day stays for Nuevo Vallarta are :
DI54 - Grand Bliss at Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta W&P

DI 51 - Grand Luxxe Villa
DI47 - Grand Luxxe Celebrate Loft at Vidanta
DI 46 - Grand Luxxe Suite at Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta
DN 42 - Grand Luxxe Vl at Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta W&P

Last edited:

WaikikiFirst

Reaction score
Easy enough to find weeks on Redweek.
I've never bit the bullet to rent thru Redwk. Is there any guarantee that the owner, not the guest, will pay any "unforeseen" fees demanded by the resort upon check-in? What is the exact language? That is the #1 reason I never retned via Redwk.
iow, what is the guarantee that the price you see = the price you will pay? Vidanta seems like a poster-boy for "Who knows what they might demand when you check-in, having rented a unit. But the entire industry is INCREASINGLY suspect in my eyes.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've never bit the bullet to rent thru Redwk. Is there any guarantee that the owner, not the guest, will pay any "unforeseen" fees demanded by the resort upon check-in? What is the exact language? That is the #1 reason I never retned via Redwk.
iow, what is the guarantee that the price you see = the price you will pay? Vidanta seems like a poster-boy for "Who knows what they might demand when you check-in, having rented a unit. But the entire industry is INCREASINGLY suspect in my eyes.

IMO, Vidanta has never not honored whatever the fee structure was at the time of booking (in other words, their changes aren't retroactive). The current redweek listings I looked at just say the mandated Mexico 8% tax and "various other resort fees". IMO, this would be solidified in writing when you contact the owner to book (it should show on the booking confirmation what the fees are). Same with any rental transaction: verify in writing, do your due diligence. Just like when you rent a car or book a hotel room. Look at the fine print and read it.

echino

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I just came back from Grand Luxxe NV 4br, first time staying at Vidanta. I booked on a ThirdHome promo, $995 exchange fee, no keys, no resort fee. Vidanta honored it, no resort fee. Tax was 120 pesos per night (about USD $50 per week), parking was 540 pesos per week (about USD $30).

Still no Vidanta inventory on ThirdHome, so don't know the new resort fees. But they do honor whatever was in effect when the reservation was made.

DSC05643.jpg

4TimeAway

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbrisa, Kohala
I just came back from Grand Luxxe NV 4br, first time staying at Vidanta. I booked on a ThirdHome promo, $995 exchange fee, no keys, no resort fee. Vidanta honored it, no resort fee. Tax was 120 pesos per night (about USD $50 per week), parking was 540 pesos per week (about USD $30).
Sounds like Third Home works for you. I should probably look into it again.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Renting is not for everyone. You need to do your due diligence and ensure you get everything in writing in a contact. But most of all you need to have trust - trust in the owner will keep their ownership on the up and up and pay maintenance fee etc. Trust is a two way street - the owner needs to trust you too that you will pay your bill at checkout and that you won’t trash the room.

RookWDW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Polynesian
Marriott Grande Ocean
Marriott Grande Chateau
I was wondering why I wasn't see Vidanta in my recent searches. Bummer.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score

Now is a bad time to jump into Third Home for Vidanta, imo. All their inventory is gone. I suspect they're negotiating a new deal on the fees right now. Possibly it gets raised similarly to II, or Third Home refuses and has no access.

Edited to add: I suppose a third possibility is that Vidanta caves and puts the Third Home inventory back with a reasonable fee.

Interestingly, when I traded into Vidanta they wanted to know whether I had traded a timeshare or a fully owned residence at check-in.

Last edited:

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score

Still no Vidanta inventory on ThirdHome, so don't know the new resort fees. But they do honor whatever was in effect when the reservation was made.

View attachment 96013
Does Third Home accept timeshare deposits?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
July 10 -2024
Hi All ,

Here are some points & thoughts about the June 15th update of Vidanta resort fees on RCI - [ that will probably apply to other Exchange Companies}

1 ) [Almost* ] All exchanges into Vidanta are done into developer owned inventory. [for which there is no MF paid by an owner]

2 ) [ Almost*] All Vidanta owners only pay a MF / User Fee when they book a week.
* [ Contracts since late 2005 have the " no go / no pay" - MF on Use Only Vidanta addendum. Grand Luxxe & Grand Bliss were launched after this date.]

3 ) The RCI subscriber resort fee of $ 1540 - $ 1890 - $ 2660 is approximately what a Grand Luxxe owner pays if they book a week.

4) RB71 Grand Luxxe NV and 6562 Grand Bliss NV resort codes were strict 1 in 3 rules & no guest certificates allowed- prior to the June 15 resort fee; & most exceptions were for lower tier Vidanta Brands. [ note -F 123 / GL Vl & F121 / GL Celebrate Loft in NV had exceptions as did F 125 / GL Jungle in RM ]

5) Vidanta developer inventory is on multiple exchange platforms ; just as airlines list the same seat on multiple travel platforms.

6 ) I would assume that Vidanta's reservation system knows who checked in - regardless of the platform used.

Thoughts - Renting from an owner may not be cheaper than exchanging ( unless the owner is a friend who will rent at their cost)

Red week has lots of Vidanta rentals.
Here is one from today :R 1140549 -GL NV 2 bedroom - Nov 23 -30 :$ 595 night / $ 4195 total

TUG members love great arbitrage in exchanges. @echino nailed one with a July GL 4 bedroom for $ 995 thru ThirdHome.
We all hope there are opportunities for value exchanges into Vidanta in the future .

The June 15 Resort Fee update best addresses Vidanta's high demand locations in high season; and may actually incentivize some winter
2025 exchangers to buy , when they realize their new cost for exchange into a 2bd GL NV in 2026 snowbird season.
[ Perhaps giving Vida Sales this sales wedge is part of the plan.]

In my opinion the "adjustments / exceptions to the June 15 resort fee schedule are most likely to emerge in locations other than Nuevo Vallarta ,
for instance - Riviera Maya Mayan Palace brand & perhaps other brands / locations at non-peak season time-frames.

Please add updates to this thread as information evolves.

Last edited:

SteveH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Booked two consecutive weeks in a 2BR at Grand Bliss, NV this past March through SFX for Jan/Feb, 2025. This is the fee structure per week from my confirmations:

Travel Advisements:
All guests staying at a Vidanta property will be responsible for a government-imposed state tax of 5% and are subject to a resort fee that covers certain services and use of amenities. The resort fee is $150 per reservation at the time of check-in. Resort fees cover the following: A welcome cocktail; gym access; maid service; Internet Wi-Fi; and local phone calls. Resort fees are subject to change. The resort will place a $1500 hold on your credit card at check in for any incidentals. This is not a charge.

I think I'll check with SFX just to ensure that I'm not going to have an unpleasant surprise when I arrive at the Grand Bliss next winter!
Talk about a huge pendulum swing.
Steve

ecassidy6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Manor Club at Ford’s Colony
Any info re II exchanges into Vidanta properties??

rpennisi

Reaction score
Booked two consecutive weeks in a 2BR at Grand Bliss, NV this past March through SFX for Jan/Feb, 2025. This is the fee structure per week from my confirmations:

Travel Advisements:
All guests staying at a Vidanta property will be responsible for a government-imposed state tax of 5% and are subject to a resort fee that covers certain services and use of amenities. The resort fee is $150 per reservation at the time of check-in. Resort fees cover the following: A welcome cocktail; gym access; maid service; Internet Wi-Fi; and local phone calls. Resort fees are subject to change. The resort will place a $1500 hold on your credit card at check in for any incidentals. This is not a charge.

I think I'll check with SFX just to ensure that I'm not going to have an unpleasant surprise when I arrive at the Grand Bliss next winter!
Talk about a huge pendulum swing.
Steve
That's the same statement that is on my reservations for Vidanta using DEX. I wouldn't worry if I were you, they will following the reservation agreement you had when making it.

Last edited:

shomitax

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott
Westin
Vidanta

View attachment 96013
Sounds like that exchange fee was a really good deal! But what are you paying in yearly fees for third home? I am trying to understand what the all price you paid for that week.
From the usage rate sheet at the Vidanta sales office, which I quickly took a picture of, it states 4700 for one week at a four-bedroom grand Luxxe residence.

echino

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Sounds like that exchange fee was a really good deal! But what are you paying in yearly fees for third home? I am trying to understand what the all price you paid for that week.
From the usage rate sheet at the Vidanta sales office, which I quickly took a picture of, it states 4700 for one week at a four-bedroom grand Luxxe residence.

ThirdHome membership is free for the first two years for Hyatt owners.

I just checked - still no Vidanta inventory on ThirdHome.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I now see the new structure as well, in both Points and Weeks. I have no idea why I was seeing a different set in Weeks yesterda
That's pushing the limit for what I would consider even during high season: ~$1600 in resort fee/RCI exchange fee/taxes, for a 1BR GM, and that's before any TPU you have to relinquish along the way.

I guess I'll be in the "wait them out" club. There are a lot of other places to visit.
I own two 2-bedroom Grand Luxxe weeks. The usage fees for owners are right at $2800 per week this year, so owners are not depositing. There is no way that I would pay $2800 to exchange somewhere!!! All the weeks for Vidanta on RCI & II must be Vidanta owned weeks. They are trying to get the equivalence of MF.
I paid Vidanta $1440 just for a 1-bedroom GM week in Puerto Penasco for my D-I-L's 50th BD in May because I had already been to GL once this year and had reservations for November in PV. I have a sweet deal as a long time "owner" and do get to use my two GL weeks at no charge - I must be there to check in for this, so I go and take friends or family.

Last edited:

jp10558

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
Foxrun Lake Lure
So, are there good non Vidanta resorts with more reasonable fees in RCI / II down in the area?

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, are there good non Vidanta resorts with more reasonable fees in RCI / II down in the area?

IMO, in Riviera Maya, none of the resorts are up to the Vidanta quality (and the vast majority are mandatory all-inclusive)
For Nuevo Vallarta, still no, nothing as good (quality wise). I believe some people like Villa del Palmar and if you want decent (trust me, nothing extravagant like Vidanta) but close to downtown Puerto Vallarta, the Buganvilias are good.

Cabo, (ok, San Jose del Cabo is where the Vidanta is at) right next door is Cabo Azul. On par (quality wise) with Vidanta, IMO.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
For those of you looking for alternatives to RCI and II to exchange into Vidanta, take a look at DeX if HGV Max or DRI/HVC owner (internal exchange) and SFX. The resort fee I saw with DeX was $150. I didn't notice any resort fee with SFX...a week was about $600 when using a bonus week (they're like ACs in II - I don't have a deposit at the moment -- only bonus weeks). There are a lot of Vidanta weeks available at the moment in SFX and some available in DeX.

I signed up with SFX years ago and have a $59/yr renewal for Diamond-level when it comes up. Some don't like it, but they have a niche...and if Mexico is where you want to go, they are worth checking out. I've also used SFX to exchange into HGVC (Kohala Suites) on the Big Island and DRI/HVC (The Point at Poipu) on Kauai...so you will find some Hawaii availability as well.

I was wondering why I wasn't see Vidanta in my recent searches. Bummer.

Any info re II exchanges into Vidanta properties??

I just checked - still no Vidanta inventory on ThirdHome.

I guess I'll be in the "wait them out" club. There are a lot of other places to visit.