• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Data Suggest the Coronavirus Isn’t as Deadly as We Thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any I will listen to them over a nutritionalist on any of them.
So I assume you did not watch the interview.
He has a very solid resume but you make him sound like a street food vendor. In case you did not know, a lot of states are relaxing the measures so up to a point CDC does concur.

You did not tell me though why you do not think that isolating the vulnerable and opening the economy for everyone else while respecting social distancing is a good idea.

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
So I assume you did not watch the interview.
He has a very solid resume but you make him sound like a street food vendor. In case you did not know, a lot of states are relaxing the measures so up to a point CDC does concur.

You did not tell me though why you do not think that isolating the vulnerable and opening the economy for everyone else while respecting social distancing is a good idea.
I watched it friday....so wrong again

and which state has had 14 days of declining numbers again.

And your next reply will be the last word. I directed nothing to you so not sure why you had to start another argument.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I watched it friday....so wrong again

and which state has had 14 days of declining numbers again.

And your next reply will be the last word. I directed nothing to you so not sure why you had to start another argument.
my question was: "You did not tell me though why you do not think that isolating the vulnerable and opening the economy for everyone else while respecting social distancing is a good idea."
I am unsure why telling us what you think about it is starting of an argument.

David L. Katz (born 20 February 1963)[citation needed] is an American physician and former director of the Yale-Griffin Prevention Research Center that was founded at Griffin Hospital in Derby, Connecticut in 1998
Previously, Katz was a clinical instructor in medicine at the Yale School of Medicine. [2]Katz formerly served as associate director for nutrition science at the Rudd Center for Food Policy and Obesity at Yale,[citation needed] following his appointment in 2005. Katz has authored over 100 scientific papers[citation needed] and written numerous newspaper and magazine articles, including a recurring column in O starting in March 2002 and later discontinued. In 2000, Katz founded the Integrative Medicine Center at Griffin,[citation needed] which ceased operating in November 2014.
Katz received a BA degree from Dartmouth College, an MD degree from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and an MPH degree from Yale School of Public Health. He is board certified in preventive medicine.[7]

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
In Ontario -........Currently :
Ontario Covid deaths 835 - (April 26- 2020) Population - 14 .6 million
Canada Covid deaths 2560 ( April 26 - 2020) Population - 37.6 million

Canada has not done a great job preventing nursing home deaths or the spread of Covid 19
into meat processing plants .

From news reports I read this evening - it appears that over 700 of Ontario’s deaths so far from Covid 19,
have been from spread within - nursing homes - long term care homes - senior residences .(Toronto Star articles )

Quebec has reported many deaths in similar circumstances.

British Columbia had Canada’s first large cluster of public transmission and deaths in a seniors residence .
That event was close to 60 days ago.

Very sad

Last edited:

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
From news reports I read this evening - it appears that over 700 of Ontario’s deaths so far. from Covid 19
have been from spread within - nursing homes - long term care homes - senior residences .(Toronto Star articles )

Quebec has reported many deaths in similar circumstances.

British Columbia had Canada’s first large cluster of public transmission and deaths in a seniors residence .
That event was close to 60 days ago.

Very sad
Yes, this has been the case since this all started. Nearly all (90+%) of deaths are those who are old and some form of institutional care.

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I mention this about hydroxychloroquinone, because if it is as dangerous as portrayed, why didn't these problem show up over the years? It has been used for decades for treatment of lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, with no history of large number of side effects.
It appears it was dosage mostly-the "trials" were shots in the dark anyway. And the RA and Lupus patients are closely monitored.

The blood clot in young people has had a paper published that was peer reviewed. It is known that illness can bring on clots anyway; the CV19 ones appear to be more alarming at this point due to how fast they form, and they are forming in BOTH veins and arteries. One of the symptoms of more severe disease is the clotting factors go nutso. It wasn't known before that this also can happen in mild cases as well. One of the articles also mentioned that at one of the hospitals the 5 (? think it was 5 patients? may have been 7) young people who had strokes also waited to seek care-due to fright over "catching" CV19. Strokes do have a protocol for treatment and are very successful if started within a certain time period (within hours-3? 6?) so waiting to seek care may have worsened the stroke too.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Yes, this has been the case since this all started.........
prior reports did indicate outbreaks and deaths in long term care facilities in Ontario , Canada ; but if a patient was moved to a hospital and later died - it would not be specifically noted . The Toronto Star did extensive tracking and published data on Thurs. April 22 .On the weekend this data was basically confirmed by the ministry that regulates all long term care homes . Individuals information is private but the regulatory numbers would be public (sooner or later)
{ I only read this last night (Sun. April 26)}

Last edited:

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
If trials are being stopped for 10+% fatality rates, why wasn't that seen in lupus and rheumatoid arthritis prescriptions? And how would they know who was "at risk"? Any drug with that level of potential risk would have been banned decades ago.
And if anyone is wanting to go into the medical profession, they can save a lot of money. Instead of spending it on an 7-8 years of college and 3 years of residency, they can just come here and get expert advice from you. they don’t need no stinkin’ education and training.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
And if anyone is wanting to go into the medical profession, they can save a lot of money. Instead of spending it on an 7-8 years of college and 3 years of residency, they can just come here and get expert advice from you. they don’t need no stinkin’ education and training.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of humor but the highest form of flattery.
Benjamin Franklin

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo

Can we knock off the personal attacks.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Yes there are way too many personal attacks on this thread by numerous posters. Stick to expressing your personal opinions in a respectful way.

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those who may be interested, I have a degree in micro/molecular biology. I have studied - virology, pathogenic microbiology, epidemiology, immunology, microbial ecology, mammalian physiology at molecular level, multiple courses in biochemistry, and histology (with a little statistics thrown in). I make a living as a computer programmer, because that paid better. I try to keep as current as I can in molecular biology - intellectual curiosity.

I am not an M.D. and there are vast parts of medicine I have no opinion on. But on infectious diseases and their physiology, I know enough to ask meaningful questions and have opinions. And I look up the raw papers and read them. (and yes, I can read the language.)

And most importantly, I know how little we really know about COV-19, and how it attacks the human body.

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
For those who may be interested, I have a degree in micro/molecular biology. I have studied - virology, pathogenic microbiology, epidemiology, immunology, microbial ecology, mammalian physiology at molecular level, multiple courses in biochemistry, and histology (with a little statistics thrown in). I make a living as a computer programmer, because that paid better. I try to keep as current as I can in molecular biology - intellectual curiosity.

I am not an M.D. and there are vast parts of medicine I have no opinion on. But on infectious diseases and their physiology, I know enough to ask meaningful questions and have opinions. And I look up the raw papers and read them. (and yes, I can read the language.)

And most importantly, I know how little we really know about COV-19, and how it attacks the human body.
Thank you, for your intellectual honesty. You are not alone we are all slowly gathering needed data and learning best practices as we go.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cuomo estimates that 24.7% of NYC has already had Covid 19. The number actually went up from last week when it was 21.2%

1588042726382.png

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Hi Danny, I appreciate your posts as I find them informative. But I do not think most Tuggers want to hear this stuff.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stocks soar after positive Gilead news on potential coronavirus treatment, Dow up 500 points

Tread carefully Danny. Coronavirus a/k/a Covid-19 has become a sensitive issue here. There is additional information out there regarding this treatment though. ;)

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
I notice that the Drs Erickson and Massih interview was removed from YouTube for "Violating the terms of Service". I watched it before it vanished and am clueless what terms they violated. I thought it was an interview by reporters.

Cheers

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I notice that the Drs Erickson and Massih interview was removed from YouTube for "Violating the terms of Service". I watched it before it vanished and am clueless what terms they violated. I thought it was an interview by reporters.

Cheers

maybe the news service the reporters work for have exclusive rights to broadcast it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score

Cheers
we have to listen to the medical professionals... but only those that support a certain narrative ;)

I

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Yes, the powers that be are taking down various interviews by professionals because it doesn't fit the narrative they desire. It's a violation of the 1st Amendment.

But of course I know there are people who think we should all stay in our homes for 18 months.

Brett

Reaction score
Yes, the powers that be are taking down various interviews by professionals because it doesn't fit the narrative they desire. It's a violation of the 1st Amendment.

But of course I know there are people who think we should all stay in our homes for 18 months.

Of course.
If there was only some way to change the "powers that be" ..... ;)

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Status
Not open for further replies.