• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need advice in Palm Springs

Northeast

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking to exhange into Palm Springs. Any advice on Shadow Ridge or Desert Spring Villas and Villas II? Which location and what are the better buildings. We don't have children and would enjoy the JW nearby too. Also love golf. Travel is planned for Feb or Mar 2009. Thanks Everyone!!

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott

I personally prefer DSV larger rooms and just nicer in my opinion.

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
For Golf

I like the golf instruction at Shadow Ridge better.

The faldo golf institute there, in addition to regular classes, does a cheap daily 1hr clinic that is great.

rdh1947

TUG Member
Reaction score
I spent a week at Shadow Ridge last year solely so I could play desert golf. I played the course there twice and played the Valley course at the JW. I liked the Shadow Ridge course much better. So for golfing convenience and enjoyment I would recommend Shadow Ridge.

applegirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We own at Shadow Ridge but usually stay at Desert Springs Villas because we like the property better and it's proximity/association with the JW resort. There is a shuttle that takes you from your villa to the JW for 3 different drop off locations (the spa being one of them). The units are very large in DSV I and still pretty big in DSV II. At 1250 sq. ft. though Shadow Ridge isn'tj exactly tiny! The golf is very good at Shadow Ridge. My husband has played all the courses and this is his preference. You could still use the Faldo golf school if you were staying at the DSV couldn't you?

Please PM me with any specific questions you might have. I know both properties well.

Janna

pwrshift

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Does anyone have a floorplan comparison of DSV1 and DSV2?

Brian

jlr10

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a floorplan comparison of DSV1 and DSV2?

Brian

I have the floor plans but don't know how to post this information. If someone would like it send me your email address and I will email it to you. Even better if someone else can turn the email into a post. :)

taffy19

Reaction score
Brian, I looked for a floor plan but we never received one of the DSV-I. I was mixed up with a site plan that Dioxide45 had linked to earlier. :eek:

Last edited:

Valleykat

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have stayed at DSV II twice, once with my parents who own there and once on a getaway. I loved our room on the getaway week. We were originally put in the new buildings called Jasmine Court on the map using the link provided above. We didn't want to be so far removed from everything, but if that is your thing, you might like it. They moved us to building 737. We had a 2nd floor unit with an amazing view of the golf course beyond including ponds and waterfalls. We liked the proximity to the Palomar pool. If I were to return, I woulld request a unit in that building again. On the map, it looks like the playground is right there, but it is not. It is south of the building on the other side of the Mesquite pool, and we really didn't even know it was there.

pwrshift

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Thanks for those plans. Got my sis into DSV2 in late October with an AC and had not seen the layout before. Quite different from DSV1.

I usually stay in building F or G at DSV1 but it had a completely different layout from the DSV1 floorplan you show for some reason ... with the one I stay, the lockoff was like a separate condo with it's own patio and on the same side as the master. I guess they vary.

Brian

Marriott has these on their resort pages for each resort under the Learn More About Villa Amenities link.

DSVI
DSVII

Resort Pages

pwrshift

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
On the subject of DSV2 .. What recommendations would you have for a nice view/location on ground floor at DSV2.

I assume they are 2 story bldgs without elevators. If so, I think my sister's husband would be better on ground level. He doesn't play golf anymore but likes to watch. I think they'd also like to be close to a shuttle and the Marketplace.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Brian

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks for those plans. Got my sis into DSV2 in late October with an AC and had not seen the layout before. Quite different from DSV1.

I usually stay in building F or G at DSV1 but it had a completely different layout from the DSV1 floorplan you show for some reason ... with the one I stay, the lockoff was like a separate condo with it's own patio and on the same side as the master. I guess they vary.

Brian

These are always developer conceptual renderings. So they may not always match the actual plans. Marriott usually includes this disclaimer with all their plans. I guess it can also depend on where the unit is in the building, as end units tend to have different layouts than other units.

pwrshift

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That could be it ... I have always had an end unit.

Brian