• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My New Username

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Most of you probably know and have read in detail through various threads the recent developments in my world - my retirement in March, my spouse's unplanned early retirement from Costco at the end of May, and our on-again, off-again, then on-again not-so-sudden decision to relocate to Nevada. Your support and ideas have made this transition easier than it first appeared it would be.

The greatest decision, however: Since the DaveNW moniker will no longer apply, the name needed to change. There have been suggestions, speculation, and even a surprising option of making a challenge of recommendations for changing my Tug username to one that reflects my new geographical location.

The "Northwest" part of being "DaveNW" has served me quite well for a long time. The name has been loved and sometimes lauded by those in the Tug community. But it doesn't fit, if I don't live in the Northwest any longer. What's a wayfaring timeshare owner to do?

Suggestions of new usernames involving words like Desert and Dry and such to the contrary, I didn't want to stray too far from my Tug roots. And changing to SW (as in Southwest) is initially appealing, but it encompasses a huge amount of very populated area. There may be another Dave out there who might want to use that name. I wouldn't want to take that away from him. Seems like a lot of pressure. ;)

So in the interest of continuity, familiarity, and a not-so-disguised coincidence of seriously clever spelling, the W is changing to a V: Your Tug pal DaveNW will henceforth be known as DaveNV. <Cue the fanfare, applause, confetti, balloons>

While I'd like to claim that I came up with this all on my own, I have to give full credit to Tugger @Passepartout for the suggestion. I had vague ideas of name changes, but he first put into words what was rumbling around in the back of my head. Thank you, my friend. Your brilliant mind and clever repartee know no bounds. :thumbup:

So, we're off to the races. In less than two weeks I'll be leaving the Evergreen State, officially (finally!) moving, and afterwards residing in the Silver State, effective July 1, 2020. It will be interesting to see what new and exciting adventures await! Watch for postings under this new and exciting username coming to a screen near you.

Thanks for your Tug friendship and support! You folks are awesome. As I've said several times, Tuggers are the best group of imaginary friends I've ever had! :D

Dave, as in NV

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
So in the interest of continuity, familiarity, and a not-so-disguised coincidence of seriously clever spelling, the W is changing to a V: Your Tug pal DaveNW will henceforth be known as DaveNV. <Cue the fanfare, applause, confetti, balloons>

While I'd like to claim that I came up with this all on my own, I have to give full credit to Tugger @Passepartout for the suggestion. I had vague ideas of name changes, but he first put into words what was rumbling around in the back of my head. Thank you, my friend. Your brilliant mind and clever repartee knows no bounds. :thumbup:

So, we're off to the races. In less than two weeks I'll be leaving the Evergreen State, officially (finally!) moving, and afterwards residing in the Silver State, effective July 1, 2020. It will be interesting to see what new and exciting adventures await! Watch for postings under this new and exciting username coming to a screen near you.

Thanks for your Tug friendship and support! You folks are awesome. As I've said several times, Tuggers are the best group of imaginary friends I've ever had! :D
Aww Shucks. I'm humbled. Welcome, Newbie TUGger DaveNV! You're among friends.
JIm

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Most of you probably know and have read in detail through various threads the recent developments in my world - my retirement in March, my spouse's unplanned early retirement from Costco at the end of May, and our on-again, off-again, then on-again not-so-sudden decision to relocate to Nevada. Your support and ideas have made this transition easier than it first appeared it would be.

The greatest decision, however: Since the DaveNW moniker will no longer apply, the name needed to change. There have been suggestions, speculation, and even a surprising option of making a challenge of recommendations for changing my Tug username to one that reflects my new geographical location.

The "Northwest" part of being "DaveNW" has served me quite well for a long time. The name has been loved and sometimes lauded by those in the Tug community. But it doesn't fit, if I don't live in the Northwest any longer. What's a wayfaring timeshare owner to do?

Suggestions of new usernames involving words like Desert and Dry and such to the contrary, I didn't want to stray too far from my Tug roots. And changing to SW (as in Southwest) is initially appealing, but it encompasses a huge amount of very populated area. There may be another Dave out there who might want to use that name. I wouldn't want to take that away from him. Seems like a lot of pressure. ;)

While I'd like to claim that I came up with this all on my own, I have to give full credit to Tugger @Passepartout for the suggestion. I had vague ideas of name changes, but he first put into words what was rumbling around in the back of my head. Thank you, my friend. Your brilliant mind and clever repartee knows no bounds. :thumbup:

Dave, as in NV
Congrats DaveNV. Good luck on your move. I don't remember - have you sold your NW home?

Richard.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Congrats DaveNV. Good luck on your move. I don't remember - have you sold your NW home?

Richard.

Thanks, Richard. Selling our NW home is why we're moving right now. We need to sell in Washington before buying in Nevada. We've rented a great home in Nevada, (brand new, never lived in), in the exact community we want to live in. We'll be able to test-drive living there, with no long-term commitment. (Kind of like renting timeshares before buying.) It gives us time and ability to sell our Washington house, and start formally house hunting in Nevada with no rush. Win-win all around.

Dave

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Two retirements, a move, new avatar, new username....and a pandemic. 2020 is full of changes and unexpected developments. Way to roll with it all.

Thanks, Laura. It's been a whirlwind of a year, for sure! I'm ready for some peace and quiet - with better weather. :D

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I'll bet Dave is available. Then you can be insulated from whatever else you decide to do with geography.

Dave's not here, man. :ROFLMAO:

Dave (not a hologram)

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade

So in the interest of continuity, familiarity, and a not-so-disguised coincidence of seriously clever spelling, the W is changing to a V: Your Tug pal DaveNW will henceforth be known as DaveNV.

While I'd like to claim that I came up with this all on my own, I have to give full credit to Tugger @Passepartout for the suggestion. I had vague ideas of name changes, but he first put into words what was rumbling around in the back of my head. Thank you, my friend. Your brilliant mind and clever repartee know no bounds. :thumbup:

Dave, as in NV

Congratulations, Dave. Where are you looking in NV, if you don’t mind sharing?

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Thanks, Richard. Selling our NW home is why we're moving right now. We need to sell in Washington before buying in Nevada. We've rented a great home in Nevada, (brand new, never lived in), in the exact community we want to live in. We'll be able to test-drive living there, with no long-term commitment. (Kind of like renting timeshares before buying.) It gives us time and ability to sell our Washington house, and start formally house hunting in Nevada with no rush. Win-win all around.

Dave

Congrats on your retirement(s) and move DaveNV. We did the same 5 years ago, sold two homes and rent in our new location. Still renting 5 years later, its nice not to have the hassle of home ownership, don’t be surprised if you rent longer than planned. The new tax laws make the mortgage deduction less attractive unless you pay beaucoup interest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Congratulations, Dave. Where are you looking in NV, if you don’t mind sharing?

We're moving to Mesquite, Nevada. It's close, but not too close, to Las Vegas. And it's close, but not close enough, to Zion National Park. A great compromise.

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

Aah, yes. Good ol' astronaut Dave Bowman, my first-name namesake. How many times has someone learned my name, and said, "Open the pod bay doors, HAL."

Or when I've asked someone to do something, they reply, with HAL-like deadpan voice, "I'm afraid I can't do that, Dave."

The frivolity never ends. :D

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Or maybe have to be "Dave", like "Roger"...

I couldn't use the screen name "Dave," because there are several other Daves who also post here. People would want to refer to something I said, and they'd say "Dave said..." and nobody would know which Dave they were talking about. The name is way too common. :)

Dave (the soon-to-be NV one...)

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Congrats on your retirement(s) and move DaveNV. We did the same 5 years ago, sold two homes and rent in our new location. Still renting 5 years later, its nice not to have the hassle of home ownership, don’t be surprised if you rent longer than planned. The new tax laws make the mortgage deduction less attractive unless you pay beaucoup interest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks, Dave. And yes, renting right now seems like a good idea. It gives us options. :thumbup:

Dave

geekette

Reaction score
I couldn't use the screen name "Dave," because there are several other Daves who also post here. People would want to er to something I said, and they'd say "Dave said..." and nobody would know which Dave they were talking about. The name is way too common. :)

Dave (the soon-to-be NV one...)
This goes back some time, but in the conversion from the very old platform, Roger could not be Roger, someone took it. So, he became "Roger". You could do that. I honestly have no recollection of Roger posts, but I know who "Roger" is.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
This goes back some time, but in the conversion from the very old platform, Roger could not be Roger, someone took it. So, he became "Roger". You could do that. I honestly have no recollection of Roger posts, but I know who "Roger" is.

See, that's even more confusing. Because if someone wanted to quote me, they'd have to quote the quotes in their quote, which would making quoting very (quote) complicated. ;)

Think I'll stick with DaveNV. It's easy, it makes my name distinct, says who and where I am. And if anything is unclear, they can ask. :D

Dave, (I'm pretty sure that's who I am...)