• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My New Username

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
They aren't returning my calls. Come to think of it, they never call, they never write... :unsure:

Dave
I am sure Costco still loves you, Dave!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Aah, yes. Good ol' astronaut Dave Bowman, my first-name namesake. How many times has someone learned my name, and said, "Open the pod bay doors, HAL."

Or when I've asked someone to do something, they reply, with HAL-like deadpan voice, "I'm afraid I can't do that, Dave."

The frivolity never ends. :D

Dave

How are you on Daisy, Dave? :cool:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
DaveNV, is an excellent TUG name and your spouse made the right decision. IMHO.
I retired at the age of 54 and I have never regretted one year, month, week, hour, or second.

DaveNV, is not a robot.
DaveNV, is a real person. LOL.

geekette

Reaction score
See, that's even more confusing. Because if someone wanted to quote me, they'd have to quote the quotes in their quote, which would making quoting very (quote) complicated. ;)

Think I'll stick with DaveNV. It's easy, it makes my name distinct, says who and where I am. And if anything is unclear, they can ask. :D

Dave, (I'm pretty sure that's who I am...)
I don't know why you have to go simplifying something that could be complicated and confusing. But, whatever.... ;)

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
DaveNV, is an excellent TUG name and your spouse made the right decision. IMHO.
I retired at the age of 54 and I have never regretted one year, month, week, hour, or second.

DaveNV, is not a robot.
DaveNV, is a real person. LOL.

Thank you. I kind of like it. Simple, easy to remember. Has a clever ring, no? :D

Dave, (the non-robot)

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I don't know why you have to go simplifying something that could be complicated and confusing. But, whatever.... ;)

It's the KISS sailor in me. :D

Dave (Simply Dave)

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
We're moving to Mesquite, Nevada. It's close, but not too close, to Las Vegas. And it's close, but not close enough, to Zion National Park. A great compromise.

Dave

Dave, congratulations on everything, including the move to Mesquite. Nice small town and only about 1 hour and 15 minutes from Las Vegas. We’ve enjoyed living in Vegas since we moved here from San Jose, CA almost 5 years ago.

I don’t think Mesquite has a Costco, but I’m sure know there is one in North Las Vegas and one in St. George, so you can still get your fix.

Good luck with your move.

Best regards.

Mike

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think that all the changes that you mention will be a piece of cake, Dave. What I want to see is how you handle switching from having been a Seattle Seahawk fan to become a Las Vegas Raider fan. Now THAT will be a real change.

1592162745730.png
1592162745730.png1592162745730.png1592162745730.png1592162745730.png1592162745730.png1592162745730.png1592162745730.png1592162745730.png1592162745730.png

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Dave, congratulations on everything, including the move to Mesquite. Nice small town and only about 1 hour and 15 minutes from Las Vegas. We’ve enjoyed living in Vegas since we moved here from San Jose, CA almost 5 years ago.

I don’t think Mesquite has a Costco, but I’m sure know there is one in North Las Vegas and one in St. George, so you can still get your fix.

Good luck with your move.

Best regards.

Mike

Thanks, Mike. I was stationed at Nellis AFB for awhile during my Navy days, so I know how great a city Las Vegas can be. I've visited a few times a year ever since. Mesquite gets us close enough to enjoy visiting LV, but a smaller place to return to after we've had our fun. We do enjoy smaller-town life. There's a really nice Costco in St. George, only about a half hour away, so we're good to go. The next closest one is in North Las Vegas.

I'm thinking after we move and get settled, maybe a Tug get together in the Las Vegas area needs to happen. There are enough of us in the area, it might be a lot of fun. We should maybe get a Tug Moderator to organize something. Whatcha say, @Karen G? ;)

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I think that all the changes that you mention will be a piece of cake, Dave. What I want to see is how you handle switching from having been a Seattle Seahawk fan to become a Las Vegas Raider fan. Now THAT will be a real change.

View attachment 22114View attachment 22114View attachment 22114View attachment 22114View attachment 22114View attachment 22114View attachment 22114View attachment 22114View attachment 22114View attachment 22114

LOL! That may be a tough one. I do like my Seahawks... :D

Dave

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Dave- I still can’t believe it’s just 2 weeks from now! Wow!

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Mike. I was stationed at Nellis AFB for awhile during my Navy days, so I know how great a city Las Vegas can be. I've visited a few times a year ever since. Mesquite gets us close enough to enjoy visiting LV, but a smaller place to return to after we've had our fun. We do enjoy smaller-town life. There's a really nice Costco in St. George, only about a half hour away, so we're good to go. The next closest one is in North Las Vegas.

I'm thinking after we move and get settled, maybe a Tug get together in the Las Vegas area needs to happen. There are enough of us in the area, it might be a lot of fun. We should maybe get a Tug Moderator to organize something. Whatcha say, @Karen G? ;)

Dave
:thumbup:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Dave- I still can’t believe it’s just 2 weeks from now! Wow!

I know, right? The stack of boxes keeps getting higher, and the to-do chore list is getting shorter. I think this may actually happen! :)

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
@DaveNV , it’s all falling together. Your making it look easy and during a global pandemic. :) Get that house sold and it’s all down hill from there. Congratulations!!!

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I thought about changing my name to "Honey Buns," but
then DW would get suspicious if someone called me that.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
@DaveNV , it’s all falling together. Your making it look easy and during a global pandemic. :) Get that house sold and it’s all down hill from there. Congratulations!!!

Thanks! That is definitely my plan - git 'er done, and relax for a bit. I'm busting my rear end right now, but I know in a few weeks it'll all be a fading memory. Kind of like childbirth. LOL! :D

Dave

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Thanks! That is definitely my plan - git 'er done, and relax for a bit. I'm busting my rear end right now, but I know in a few weeks it'll all be a fading memory. Kind of like childbirth. LOL! :D

Dave
I don't know. I think childbirth is easier. Soon after I had my first I was ready to have another. But after moving...........I never want to move again!

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX

Dave

Don't limit the TUG get together just to those already in the Las Vegas area. There are others of us willing to visit LV!

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe

Dave

Having a TUG get together sounds like a good idea.

Best regards.

Mike

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I don't know. I think childbirth is easier. Soon after I had my first I was ready to have another. But after moving...........I never want to move again!

For me both were hell. In fact, that is one reason I only had one child.