• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mexican Timeshare Solutions is a Scam

Betty L

Reaction score
Hello all! I’m writing here to tell everyone to stay away from doing business with Mexican Timeshare Solutions. You’d think they are a legit company given what you see on their website (timesharescam.com), but my friend got scammed by them. Even though they were supposed to help cancel her timeshare without upfront fees, my friend told me that they ultimately requested payment in order to supposedly do the cancellation. She trusted Mexican Timeshare Solutions and paid the fee, and then they never did anything to cancel the timeshare. They even told my friend that her timeshare was cancelled but when my friend contacted the club, the club said that her timeshare membership was still in effect and she owed money to the club for unpaid maintenance fees. This is going to hurt her credit. Of course, she couldn’t get her money back from Mexican Timeshare Solutions, and I feel really bad for her. Save your money and avoid timeshare cancellation scammers like Mexican Timeshare Solutions (timesharescam.com)! Has anyone else been scammed by Mexican Timeshare Solutions?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
companies trying to convince owners to pay them large upfront fees to "cancel" their timeshares have become more and more common over the past few years.

sadly it still falls under our blanket advice to avoid any company that asks for an upfront fee! following this advice will protect owners from nearly everyone they should avoid doing business with.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh probably everyone who paid them upfront money got scammed. Once paid money, they have NO incentive to do anything to cancel the contract. I don't think I'd lose a lot of sleep over defaulting on a mexican timeshare contract. They are simply a vacation club. The member OWN nothing. There is no deed to foreclose, and the only leverage they have is the threat of loss of use and no collateral. If they turn someone over for non payment, you have the right to answer the charge (in writing) at any of the 3 credit reporting agencies. I just can't imagine any REAL creditor getting a negative report that shows a Mexican timeshare default holding it against an applicant.

We have preached against not only MTS, but any of the hundreds of other upfront-fee outfits for years and years. It's not a 'stop the presses' moment.

Jim

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
It is fascinating how regularly we hear someone originally told there would be no upfront fees....is later convinced to pay an upfront fee.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else been scammed by Mexican Timeshare Solutions?

Sure, lots of people --- but probably not many (if any) who participate in or simply read information and input provided on this particular site (TUG).

I am continually amazed (and more than a little perplexed) that people can somehow suspend disbelief and choose instead to put faith (and money) into the mythical, non-existent "cancellation" of a legally binding contract. It simply ain't gonna happen --- regardless of who pays what to whom.
It's quite sad really; that's money just voluntarily (and apparently repeatedly) flushed right down the toilet to no productive end. :(

Last edited:

taffy19

Reaction score
We are warned by our timeshare resorts not to pay an upfront fee and even by our resort in Mexico too.

If your resort doesn't do that, contact them and ask them to warn their owners. Some do it by email or in a quarterly newsletter or online or even in an owners' meeting at the resort. Communication is so important between the owners and Association.

Last edited:

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since the title of this thread may be found by google in the future, I would like to add 3 links for internet researchers:

https://www.complaintsboard.com/profile-1579005
https://www.complaintsboard.com/profile-1310737
https://www.complaintsboard.com/profile-1497003

These sleazeballs search for opportunities to post bogus advertisements on complaint sites in an "attempt to help" other unsuspecting consumers. They offer what appears to be sincere information, when it is fact nothing more than an unpaid advertisement. These bogus profiles are attempting to lure people to the website where they will be sucked in as described by the OP. Thanks to the OP for posting.