• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
There's no reason you couldn't write a book about restaurants in Hilton Head.
I heard @jont was thinking about writing a coffee table book about coffee tables.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
I heard @jont was thinking about writing a coffee table book about coffee tables.
Right after I finish my book about pot smoking service dogs

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Right after I finish my book about pot smoking service dogs

I laugh, but I'd buy that book.

I imagine it would be similar to an Aaron Reynolds or Matt Kracht field guide (which if you know anyone who looks out their back windows and comments "there's a bird" a couple times a day, you should gift them one.)

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
no, but my other book will have pages that can be used a rolling paper;)

Excellent sales tactic, should attract the environmentalists.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
if youse guys really want a good table ignore Marty's advice and check out this video clip. fuggedaboutit

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
Can someone out there substantiate the rumor that Marty was seen exiting Harolds diner yesterday morning with greasy fingers and a big smile on his face ? Ol Harold is not talkin.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can someone out there substantiate the rumor that Marty was seen exiting Harolds diner yesterday morning with greasy fingers and a big smile on his face ? Ol Harold is not talkin.
He was probably there for the Restaurant Week special.;)

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
I realize this is the dining thread, but has anyone tried the Costco in Savannah? I noticed that it is now open.

Yes, we have been there. Very nice store and closer than Charleston. There is a lot of building activity in the area near the store.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2

(Shake, shake....).........Wake up John, you must have been dreaming...........:sleep:

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
(Shake, shake....).........Wake up John, you must have been dreaming...........:sleep:
Well, eating at Harold's is like having a dream come true. :D

Reactions: jme

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
Yes, for Harold
We all know you're trying to keep Harold's a secret so you can always get that prime counter seat #4.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
We all know you're trying to keep Harold's a secret so you can always get that prime counter seat #4.

Well, yes.
Seat #4 is the short stool, and being much like Clint Eastwood, I'm pretty tall, so I always like to appear normal,
NOT like sitting in a booster seat. And it gives me plenty of room for the boots & spurs, too.
And I know YOU like stool #8 because it spins around real fast.
In fact Harold told me you spun for so long he had to ask you to leave.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
Well, yes.
Seat #4 is the short stool, and being much like Clint Eastwood, I'm pretty tall, so I always like to appear normal,
NOT like sitting in a booster seat. And it gives me plenty of room for the boots & spurs, too.
And I know YOU like stool #8 because it spins around real fast.
In fact Harold told me you spun for so long he had to ask you to leave.
AA51A511-EEE6-4594-BE76-963E370624FC.jpeg

Giddy up cowboy !

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Another lecture for eating ALL the hushpuppies?
Be very afraid. This is serous stuff.

1644324923264.png

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
Another lecture for eating ALL the hushpuppies?
Be very afraid. This is serous stuff.
Like taking a bone away from Uga!
B7232F9A-2D95-4B7B-A2C7-43CD211ECFCB.png

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Like taking a bone away from Uga!
View attachment 46611

1644357474384.png

Well.............Not exactly, no one's ever done THAT ....
or if they tried, they were unrecognizable afterward.
.....................................................................................................................................................................

BTW, I personally have 3 consecutive weekends at Grande Ocean in process (I work weekdays, but my wife and her best girlfriend
are already there the full 16-night duration just having a blast doing whatever---but also they're tennis players and do the MGO clinics daily)...
There are exactly 23 other couples in all who are also there, and get together every year----mostly snow birds from all over the northeast
and midwest who come down for the camaraderie (and many for the tennis), and with whom we also have become close over the last 10-12 years.
A huge group which interacts in all the various activities during their stays of 8-12 weeks each. It's a wonderful time for everyone.

This upcoming weekend is my middle one, AND as usual, another stellar line-up for dining (Crane's Tavern & Sea Grass Grille).
Last weekend was Santa Fe and Alfred's...Wow.
And for my final weekend (a 3-nighter) after this one, I have special plans for the 3 nights of dining........
The husband of the best girlfriend will be riding down with me on Thursday to join us.

The first night will be Nunzio (they love it), the second is a twist----a purposeful "open date"-- i.e., an undetermined "totally spontaneous
& ridiculously casual" spot to be chosen by the winner of a set of three card games......just for fun!
But the third evening's dining location is the real surprise---reservations already made......
We haven't been to this one restaurant in a long while, and the other couple has never been.
Here we'll celebrate dual anniversaries, as we have together elsewhere the last few years, and it will occur at the surprise location.
They WILL be loving it !!!!!
They are Foodies and it'll blow them away....WHY? nothing more than it's a great one, and totally new to them.... AND it'll be our anniversaries.

Last edited:

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
View attachment 46614

Well.............Not exactly, no one's ever done THAT ....
or if they tried, they were unrecognizable afterward.
.....................................................................................................................................................................

BTW, have 3 consecutive weekends at MGO ...this upcoming one is the middle one,
AND as usual, another stellar line-up for dining (Crane's Tavern & Sea Grass Grille).
Last weekend was Santa Fe and Alfred's...Wow.
And for my final weekend after this one, I have a complete surprise for my wife
and for another couple who will be joining us at one of the restaurants.
One is Nunzio, but we haven't been to the other one in a while, and the other couple has never been.
They WILL be loving it !!!!! They are Foodies and it'll blow them away....it's a great one.
We expect updates. Enjoy. My wife will be here for the first time in a while in May and look forward to the dining.

Reactions: jme

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Spent the last 11 days at Surfwatch...weather was meh so we ate our way around the Marty list!

Crazy Crab Jarvis Creek for lunch, fried grouper was really good and it was the one really nice weather day we had so great view sitting at the bar
Nunzio for dinner; I had the rack of lamb (very good) and DW had the filet (awesome); we also had the caprese app that was enough for four people and was fantastic
Hickory Tavern for lunch (didn't see that one on the list); basic sports bar, good po'boys and a great place to watch games
Guissepie's takeout pizza for dinner - good but not my favorite style of pizza but it was high quality...the inside looked fun and it was PACKED at 2 PM on a Friday
Ela's on the Water for Sunday brunch; really nice with the live piano and our food was excellent (as was the wine ;)), love their calamari app, very unique
Frankie Bones for dinner; not impressed...prime rib wasn't very good but it was reasonable; like Marty's review says it was crazy busy

We're back in October so we'll knock off a few more. Thanks @jme and those that have contributed here.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Spent the last 11 days at Surfwatch...weather was meh so we ate our way around the Marty list!

Crazy Crab Jarvis Creek for lunch, fried grouper was really good and it was the one really nice weather day we had so great view sitting at the bar
Nunzio for dinner; I had the rack of lamb (very good) and DW had the filet (awesome); we also had the caprese app that was enough for four people and was fantastic
Hickory Tavern for lunch (didn't see that one on the list); basic sports bar, good po'boys and a great place to watch games
Guissepie's takeout pizza for dinner - good but not my favorite style of pizza but it was high quality...the inside looked fun and it was PACKED at 2 PM on a Friday
Ela's on the Water for Sunday brunch; really nice with the live piano and our food was excellent (as was the wine ;)), love their calamari app, very unique
Frankie Bones for dinner; not impressed...prime rib wasn't very good but it was reasonable; like Marty's review says it was crazy busy

We're back in October so we'll knock off a few more. Thanks @jme and those that have contributed here.

Never had Frankie Bones' prime rib, but I did have their French Dip recently and it was great...(My buddy "jont" was with me at the time!)
Anyway, sorry about the prime rib.
Frankly speaking ('scuse the pun), we've been to Frankie Bones probably 50+ times and we've never had a bad meal,
including our kids, and that's going back 20 years.
(That's probably not the best way to state it.......so I suppose I SHOULD SAY "we've always had GREAT meals", which is different.

Best of luck on your future dining endeavors on HH Island, jmhpsu93.... Tough job, but you can do it.
So many good restaurants on the island (and in Bluffton) that it's probably my all-time favorite destination for dining,
of course leaving out the big boys in NYC, Boston, Chicago, etc, and yes, paying a fortune........
HH is priced so reasonably for what you get, relatively speaking.

BTW, referring back to my final paragraph of post # 646 above...........
About 3-4 weeks ago my wife and I went to The Studio with another couple to mutually celebrate our anniversaries, and it was AWESOME.
It was a surprise pick to my wife and to the other couple, and nobody else knew where we were going.
It did add a little special zip to the day and evening, I must say.
It was excellent in every way, and quite romantic........Everybody was duly impressed, and it turned out to be great fun.
Just sayin'......

Last edited:

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
BTW, referring back to my final paragraph of post # 646 above...........
About 3-4 weeks ago my wife and I went to The Studio with another couple to mutually celebrate our anniversaries, and it was AWESOME.
It was a surprise pick to my wife and to the other couple, and nobody else knew where we were going.
It did add a little special zip to the day and evening, I must say.
It was excellent in every way, and quite romantic........Everybody was duly impressed, and it turned out to be great fun.
Just sayin'......
Only Marty would be touting that the thing that added zip to his anniversary was the meal. ;-)